Something Between Us

Eternal Promise

Everytime he'd seen him, Chanyeol would always turn away or walk away from him. It hurts him. He feels his stomach churning. He only wanted to talk to him again.

But, it's not that easy.

He's the one at fault.

He should be the one making an effort if he wants to see Chanyeol again.

He should apologize to Chanyeol.

He shouldn't have blamed Chanyeol.

All of these thoughts are running through Baekhyun's brain and he couldn't even think about anything, but him. Only Chanyeol is on his mind these days. It could be bad for his health thinking about it all the time, but he can't stop thinking about him. Baekhyun decided to drop the thought as he opened the door to the rooftop. He froze when he saw a familiar figure.


Chanyeol was at the rooftop after school. Not knowing why did his feet dragged him all the way here. He just wanted the quiet and peace he could earn at that place. Winds blowing, blue skies. He smiled at the thought. He doesn't know why, but the thought of those makes him thought of Baekhyun. How he smiles. How he'd always nag at him. How they always argue over trivial things but ended up laughing at them later. How he always holds his hand. HIs warmth.

For him now, it just seemed like a dream. Like something he could only imagine.

He smiles sadly, sighing deeply.

As he was about to turn to go back downstairs, he felt a little, yet strong arms wrapping around his waist from his back. His eyes widen.

It's him.

It's Byun Baekhyun.

"Baekhyunnie..." Chanyeol whispered, loud enough that the other could hear it. He turned around to face him.

"Don't leave me anymore..." Baekhyun sobbed.

"Baekhyun, I-"

"You heard me, you idiot!" He screamed, hitting on his chest as tears streamed down his face. "I'm sorry..."

"Baekhyun..." He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, hugging him as tight as he could.

"Baekhyun, I... I'm sorry, too, for being such an idiot... I'm sorry for leaving you alone."


They make up soon after, walking hand-to-hand to their apartments. Happy with each other's company. They would laugh over trivial things. Chanyeol would tell Baekhyun jokes and he'd laugh over it. It's a normal thing because they always does it. When they reach Baekhyun's apartment, Baekhyun frowned because he wanted to spend more time with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol laughed.

"Well, do you want me to spend time here for a moment? Just to keep you company."

"Really? You'd do that? But, what about your parents?"

"They're not gonna be home today, I think." Chanyeol shrugged.

"If it's fine with you, then, I'm okay with it." Baekhyun smiled widely; Chanyeol couldn't help but smile too.


"Say, Chanyeol..."

"Yeah?"

"Where will you be going this holiday?"

"What? Talking about holiday already?" Chanyeol chuckled at this.

"Why can't I?" Baekhyun displayed a frown.

"You obviously need to think about more studying, Baekhyun. I know it's almost holiday. Well, where are you planning to go to?"

"Huh... I might not go anywhere." Baekhyun shrugged.

"Oh, really? Then, we could just spend time together. I'm not going anywhere either." He grinned.

"Really?!" Baekhyun almost jumped at the joy Chanyeol just blurted.

"Yeah, sure. You're like a kid right now." Chanyeol laughed jokingly.

"I can't help getting excited!" He frowned, eventually chuckling at his own childishness.

The phone suddenly rang, ringing so loud through Baekhyun's own apartment. He quickly got up from his bed, though at the process, his legs fail to support his balance. On his reflex, Chanyeol immediately stood up and catches Baekhyun's body in the process, preventing him from falling. Baekhyun blushed a rather deep shade of red as his eyes meet Chanyeol's, trying to look anywhere but his eyes.

Even though the phone still rang, it's as if his world stopped.

"--hyun! Hey, Baekhyun! Snap out of reality!" The taller boy waved his hand in front of Baekhyun numerous times, attempting to catch his attention. Baekhyun blinked, shaking his head before snapping back to reality. He flushed.

"Hey, what's wrong? You're okay, aren't you? Why are you so red?"

"H-Huh? I-It's nothing, really! N-Now, um, w-would you be so kind to let go, now...?" His voice trailed off. Chanyeol realized what was happening, then he immediately set Baekhyun on his chair, now blushing.

"Oh... The phone stopped ringing."

Silence.

"I-I'm sorry." Chanyeol muttered.

"What? Why are you apologizing?" Baekhyun turned to look at him, tilting his head in confusion.

"I should've let go of you sooner and let you answer the phone."

"U-Uhm... It's okay..."

"What if it's important? What if your parents are worried?"

"No, they wouldn't get that worried. Don't worry about it so much, okay?"

"Alright."

Silence, again.

"Hey, about what happened..." Chanyeol trailed off.

"U-Uhm..." Baekhyun blushed again, finding himself unable to speak.

"I'm really sorry. I just... Acted without thinking?"

"W-Why are you apologizing so much? It's okay. If you hadn't done that, I would've found myself lying on the floor face first..." He chuckled.

Chanyeol found himself smiling. "Yeah, well, I guess so..."

"So, thank you." The older one smiled gently.


The next day, school happens as usual. Though what's out of the ordinary is that Chanyeol had planned to take Baekhyun to his favorite coffee shop which he never took Baekhyun there before. Chanyeol is too excited that he felt like school passed by so quickly. After classes are over, he rushed quickly to Baekhyun's class, waiting for him to pack his bag.

Baekhyun packed his bag quickly as he had seen Chanyeol waiting for him outside.

"Hey. Are you ready to go?" Chanyeol chuckled.

"Sure, I am. I can't wait to see what your favorite place is like." Baekhyun smiled widely.


As they were set with their orders, they sat in silence. Not an awkward one, it's a comfortable silence. They often fill each other's company with just silence, by being by their sides are already enough for both of them. Baekhyun would often smile at Chanyeol, or Chanyeol would glance at Baekhyun whenever he's looking outside the window. For Chanyeol, it's cute seeing Baekhyun that way.

"Did you just steal a glance at me, Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun suddenly said, chuckling.

"What? N-No, I wasn't. What're you talking about?" Chanyeol laughed awkwardly, trying to not sound so suspicious.

"Oh, is that so? I see."

"Uh-huh." He grinned at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun only smiled, sipping on his coffee when he realized that it had burnt his lips.

"What's wrong, Baekhyunnie?"

"I-I... I think I just burnt my lips..." Baekhyun grimaced, covering his mouth.

"What?! Let me see." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun's chin gently, observing his lips carefully. It does burnt. "Does it hurt that bad?" He asked.

"Yeah... A little..."

"... You know..."

"What is it, Chanyeol?"

"I have a way to make it better."

"How?"

"Close your eyes first."

"Why do I have to do that?"

"You know what, just do it without questioning about it."

"... Alright." Baekhyun gave up, closing his eyes.

Baekhyun had expected for something to be a bit more normally, but instead, he felt a pair of lips touched his. Taken aback by this, he slowly opened his eyes only a bit, and his eyes meet Chanyeol's. Chanyeol pulled away, feeling the heat coming up to his face as he saw Baekhyun blushed.

"C-Chanyeol..."

"W-Was that, too straightforward?"

Baekhyun stayed silent, unable to find his voice at this rate. Now he can't even look at Chanyeol in the eyes.

"Baekhyun, do you... Do you hate that? I'm sorry..."

"N-No, I don't!" He half-shouted, but then he realized they were at a public place. He blushed a darker shade of red. "I-I... I like... it." He muttered.

Chanyeol might or might not heard it, Baekhyun thought. But then he saw Chanyeol smiling.

Chanyeol thought that, there is something between them.

He can't describe it, but there's a red line between them. A line that would intertwine them together. Always.


 

Well, being the fail author I always was, I think this chapter is short too. Forgive me.

Anyways, thanks for dropping by to read it!