Promises

Eternal Promise

Baekhyun had cried a lot after that, even though Chanyeol had been by his side. But the phobia is eating him, in which Baekhyun can't withstand the reality of being away from Chanyeol just for a moment. Chanyeol decided to settle down at the park, hoping that Baekhyun would at least calm himself down after the incident. The taller boy hugged the petite boy, rubbing his back as he soothed for him to calm down. Baekhyun's muffled sobs on Chanyeol's chest immediately lessen into a silent one. Eventually, the sobbing ceased. After finally pulling away, Chanyeol patted on Baekhyun's head, smiling at the boy. Baekhyun, on the other hand, managed a small smile through his tears.

"Yah, Baekhyun-ah, don't cry anymore. You're safe, okay? I'll protect you." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun hummed, nodding his head innocently.

"I'm sorry for wandering away, Chanyeol..."

Chanyeol shook his head, letting out a small chuckle from his lips.

"it's okay, Baekhyun. I know you're curious about the "outside world" because we're always trapped back home. I understand. Instead, I'm sorry." He smiled apologetically, earning a confused look from Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol, why are you apologizing? None of it is your fault!" Baekhyun pouted.

"Well, it might've been my fault, without you even knowing."

"No. Even if you do have faults, I won't blame you for anything."

Chanyeol couldd only stared at Baekhyun with wide eyes as the other smiled. The younger was rather left speechless. He made so many faults towards Baekhyun without even the petite remembering anything he had done, but he forgave them anyway, like it's no big deal. Even if his loss of memories was one of the things Chanyeol had done to him, Baekhyun brushed it away as if it's nothing at all.

His tears had threatened to fall, but nevertheless he tried his best to just hold it in.

"Chanyeol...?"

Chanyeol shot his head back up at Baekhyun, almost forcing a smile. "Thank you, Baekhyun. Really."

Baekhyun chuckled, and Chanyeol was certain that the petite's laugh was more than anything he loves.


They spent hours at the park, watching at the clouds while lying on the grass, filling each other's company.

"Chanyeol..."

"Hmm?"

"How can birds be so free?"

The question had taken Chanyeol aback. "What?" He asked again.

Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol. "How can birds be so free?" He asked again.

"Hmm..."

The older boy tilted his head slightly, looking at Chanyeol ever so curiously, waiting for an answer.

"Well, eventually, they will fly away once they're old enough as an adult. And..." He trailed off as he was staring at the sky, deep in thought himself.

"And...?" Baekhyun tilted his head.

"... They're not as "free" as you thought. Well, or so I thought." Chanyeol chuckled.

"Hmm... I see... Thank you, Chanyeol." Baekhyun nodded, smiling brightly.

"It's quite rare for you to ask this kind of question, though." Chanyeol smiled back at him.

"Ah, no... I was just... Thinking. These days, anyway."

"Thinking?"

"Mhm..."

Chanyeol chuckled, ruffling Baekhyun's hair.

"Don't think too much, Baek. It could cause you a stress."

"I know. I'm sorry, Chanyeol." Baekhyun smiled apologetically.

"I never said I needed an apologize from you." The younger boy sat up.

Baekhyun could only let out a small laugh as he sit up, facing the younger. Chanyeol questioned himself.

"I think you've done so much for me, and I cause nothing but trouble."

"What trouble? Baekhyun, I do these things because I--"

Then silence came in. It's as if Chanyeol lost his voice. Would he have been more carefully in his choice of words, he would have been able to continue to his sentence. Once again, he found the petite boy staring at him curiously.

"It's because... Because I made you miserable. You lost your memories, you know."

Baekhyun immediately took Chanyeol's hands on his grasp. Even though he felt his hands really small comparing to Chanyeol's, but he smiled nevertheless at the confused tall boy.

"It's okay. I have you. I have the others. Even though I don't have memories, I'll still be okay. Because I'm with you."

With that, Baekhyun smiled the widest, as far as Chanyeol could remember. The taller boy immediately wrapped his arms around the smaller boy, hugging him tight as if he would lose Baekhyun if he doesn't do so. Chanyeol held back his tears because he wanted Baekhyun to see the strong side of him, and for Baekhyun himself to stay strong. Chanyeol could feel the petite boy's small arms wrapping his waist as he nuzzled his face on Chanyeol's arm.

"Baekhyun, I like you. I really do." Chanyeol grinned. "No, well, it's more like, I love you..."

Baekhyun could feel the heat on his face as Chanyeol confessed.

"I know I said that already, but, I want to say it again. I know, it's 'abnormal' as people would say. But I'm fine with it... I feel that way about you, Baekhyun." He hugged Baekhyun close, filling the petite boy with his warmth.

"Chanyeol, I... I love you too. As much as you do, no, maybe more." Baekhyun burried his face onto the crook of Chanyeol's neck. "I remember, you know. The day when you first kissed me."

Chanyeol couldn't believe his ears. Baekhyun might be lying to make Chanyeol better, but there's no way he'd tell him that if he doesn't remember... right?

"Baekhyun, do you... Do you really remember?"

Baekhyun nodded frantically, pulling away only to look at Chanyeol straight in the eye, as if trying to tell the truth. He smiled sweetly.

"Mhm. I really do remember, Chanyeol. I really do."

"I'm glad... I'm glad you remember that." Chanyeol grinned so wide as if he's the happiest person on earth.

The taller boy pulled Baekhyun onto his embrace, resting his head on top of Baekhyun's. "I promise that I'll protect you. I'll make you happy, and I'll take really good care of you. I promise no one will ever hurt you anymore, Baek."

Baekhyun chuckled, shaking his head. "I don't really need promises, Chanyeol-ah. As long as you're with me, even though the world is against us, then I'm strong enough. Strong enough to fight all the impossible."

Chanyeol pulled away while smiling, cupping Baekhyun's cheeks. "I know. But I'd still promise you anyway."

With that, he sealed his promise in a sweet kiss.

That day would be the most unforgettable day. 26th of December.


I'm finally able to update. OTL

After long weeks of exams and events, here I am.

But it is kinda short, so the next one will be longer.

Thanks for the subscribe, you guys! And enjoy, reading it.