A Peaceful Happiness

Eternal Promise

Months passed. Chanyeol and Baekhyun's relationship grew stronger as well. It's nothing new to them, probably just because they always have been spending time with each other, if not, spending time with their friends as well. Little did they know that Baekhyun haven't regained any of his memories of the past, but seeing Baekhyun as happy as he is now, Chanyeol couldn't expect and hope for more. As long as he could see Baekhyun's smile everytime, that's enough to fill his daily life.

Now that they're dating, usually Baekhyun would whine, cling to Chanyeol, and do all the things he could just to get the taller boy's attention. Chanyeol would laugh at those times, giving Baekhyun a light peck on his head before smiling brightly at Baekhyun. The shorter boy would smile cutely, hugging onto his boyfriend's arm tighter. Before they knew it, times passed and a lot of things happened.

One day, Chanyeol went to the library alone while Baekhyun was with Jongin and the others. The younger also need to study a few things, and to get a few books. Library has always been Chanyeol's favorite place because it's always so quiet and peaceful. The situation back when he was with his friends is always a pure chaos.

Chanyeol was flipping on the pages of his book until a small pair of soft hands covered his sight. The taller male almost jumped at the sudden contact made with his skin but immediately relaxed and smiled, knowing whose hands does it belong to.

"Baekhyun-ah, you're late."

"Ah, really? I'm sorry for being late, Chanyeol..."

Chanyeol could've swore he found it cute whenever Baekhyun whines like that. He could never have the heart to even scold at the older boy.

Chanyeol chuckled softly, pulling away as he, instead, embraced Baekhyun, pulling him closer into his arms. Baekhyun felt his heart fluttered. He felt right whenever Chanyeol's bigger arms would wrap his much smaller body and he felt safe whenever the taller boy is with him.

"Where do you want to go today?" Baekhyun smiled at the taller male as soon as they pulled away.

"Hm. I don't have any idea." Chanyeol chuckled and Baekhyun frowned slightly.

It doesn't take that much time for Chanyeol to notice the annoyance in Baekhyun's expression.

"I'm just kidding. Of course I've planned something." The taller male chuckled, pulling the petite boy closer into him. Baekhyun immediately beamed at that, smiling widely as he nuzzled his face against Chanyeol's chest.

"Really?! I can't wait to find out what it is!" Baekhyun beamed.

Chanyeol only let out a small laugh. "Well then, shall we go?"

"Mhm!"


Both of them were happily holding hands, both filling each other's company. Chanyeol would s his arms around Baekhyun's waist without the elder even complaining at the younger, but instead smiling happily and leaned into his embrace. Slowly reaching to the place, Chanyeol had asked Baekhyun to close his eyes, and that the taller boy will guide him to the place. Baekhyun happily nodded and closed his eyes, trusting Chanyeol to lead them to wherever he took him to. Opening the door slowly and quiet as possible, Chanyeol motioned for his friends to stay quiet, desperately, because they seemed like they would explode and spoil the surprise welcoming rashly.

After all, it's Byun Baekhyun's birthday party. He really can't spoil all the plans he had made, considering how special it should be for Baekhyun, for the petite boy to make new fun and happy memories to be embedded as his "new" memories. Chanyeol knew, that even though Baekhyun couldn't remember anything, he'd still do everything in his power to help him remember because that's what the older boy wants.

Chanyeol immediately settled behind Baekhyun, covering both of the smaller boy's eyes, smiling.

"Byun Baekhyun, are you ready?"

Baekhyun only let out a small laugh, excited.

"Yes. I'm ready!"

As soon as Chanyeol uncovered his hands off of Baekhyun's eyes, confetti's were heard, even though they're not as loud because they only have a few of them. A happy birthday's were also shouted by his friends. Baekhyun's eyes widen at the sight. There's a quite big cake sitting at the middle of the round table, with decorations in it. The place--which is Jongin's house--is also neatly decorated with some fancy decorations. Near the cake was a text written, 'Happy Birthday, Byun Baekhyun!' tacked in the wall above the cake. Everyone was smiling happily.


"Happy birthday, Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol offered him a gentle smile.

Baekhyun felt as if his heart stopped at the sight, not really because of the decorations, the cake, nor his friends, but because of Park Chanyeol.

The petite boy instinctively wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist, burying his face into his chest. His tears are threatening to fall. Even though he'd cry happy tears, he'd rather not, because he's supposed to smile and laugh all day long with his friends, and mostly, Chanyeol.

"Thank you, Chanyeol. Thank you so much..."

Chanyeol chuckled, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend while the other is his hair, soothing him as he swayed their bodies side by side.

"It's not a problem at all, Baekhyun. It's all my pleasure."

The other whistled playfully as they watched them closely. Chanyeol could only let out a soft groan for his friends who had just ruined their sweet moment together. Baekhyun laughed.

"Ah, really, as soon as they have their moments, they immediately ignore us." Jongin chuckled.

"I know right? Should we just leave them behind, then? Chanyeol Hyung's sending us daggers while glaring at us." Sehun joked.

Kris rolled his eyes. "We kinda should."

Luhan could only laugh at his friends' argument.

"I think Chanyeol Hyung wants us to leave." Kyungsoo laughed, motioning his other friends to go and give Chanyeol and Baekhyun a room.

Chanyeol tilted his head, letting out a low chuckle before muttering a 'thank you' to Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun still lingered on Chanyeol's embrace, not letting his face even an inch move from the taller's chest. Even though Chanyeol didn't stir, he started to worry. It's his bad habit throughout the days after he met Baekhyun. He thought that he needed to do everything at any cost to protect the petite boy.

"Baekhyun-ah, are you alright?"

Baekhyun only nodded his head numerous times to ensure he's okay. Though, Chanyeol wasn't convinced.

He pulled away lightly to meet Baekhyun's crying face. Widening his eyes, Chanyeol immediately cupped Baekhyun's face, wiping away the tears with his thumbs before kissing his nose. After trying to soothe him and told him not to cry, Baekhyun calmed down, finally.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to cry. I was just so happy that I couldn't hold it in." He laughed, holding onto the cup of hot chocolate Chanyeol had given to him just now.

Chanyeol grinned slightly, shaking his head. "It's okay. I could understand that."

Baekhyun smiled, putting down the cup, resting his cheek on his knees as he looked at Chanyeol lovingly.

"I'm really glad I have you, Chanyeol." He giggled. "I don't know what to do if you're not by my side right now."

The younger boy could feel the blush immediately crept onto his cheeks and his face heating up at the older boy's comment. He chuckled nervously as he rubbed his nape.

"Ah, uh, it's really nothing, Baekhyun. It's just my way of repaying the favor. I thought I promised you already that I'd make you happy, and that's what I'm going to do anytime, anywhere." Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun beamed, nodding his head. "Thank you, Chanyeol."

Chanyeol scooted closer to Baekhyun, closing the gap between them as he captured the petite boy's lips gently. The kiss lasted for a moment and it was somehow addicting to Chanyeol that he couldn't seem to stop.

"You know, your lips taste sweet." Chanyeol grinned.

"Really? Maybe because of the chocolate?" Baekhyun chuckled.

Chanyeol lifted his chin up, pecking Baekhyun on the lips, smirking.

"I definitely love it."

The both of them then settled for a round of a make out session.


ugly sobbing. I haven't updated in a long while and I think this is too short? OTL

Anyway, thank you for waiting! also, for dropping by to read, or leave comments, and subscribe, or even upvotes!

enjoy!