Recalling Memories

Eternal Promise

The snows were already falling down. It's almost Christmas. Everything was almost burried in the white, cold snow. Baekhyun was told that he could go home for Christmas. Even though he's recovering at a quite fast pace, he still needs to stay at the hospital. Quite much to Chanyeol's insistance too. Keeping Baekhyun in the hospital for the time being would make him safe. He knew that he's acting too much like a paranoid boyfriend, but in the end, it's all for the best.

"Chanyeol-ah... I'd like Christmas to come soon." Baekhyun pouted, almost whining.

"Why?" Chanyeol asked as he was busy with his phone.

"So I could go out of the hospital." He replied.

Chanyeol let out a laugh, causing Baekhyun to pout more.

"Don't worry, Baekhyunnie. It's two more days." Chanyeol grinned.

"But I wanna come home tomorrow too. It's Christmas Eve!"

"Are you sure it's okay? Won't it be too cold for you to come out?"

"No!" Baekhyun whined, pouting like a 5-year-old child. Chanyeol just let out an amused laugh.

"Alright, alright. I'll ask the doctor to release you tomorrow and at the 25th temporarily. Okay?"

"Yes!" Baekhyun pumped his fist as he grinned widely.

Seeing Baekhyun grin like that, nothing could make Chanyeol happy.

He'd vow to protect that smile.


As Chanyeol got permission from the doctor to also release Baekhyun from the hospital at the 24th, he quickly thanked him, rushing his way to Baekhyun's hospital room. When he was about to open the door, he heard a soft, small voice coming from the room. It was faint, but he squinted his ears to hear clearly. His lips slowly curved into a small smile as he heard Baekhyun's voice. His soft, angelic voice was singing quietly. Chanyeol could just stand in front of the room listening to Baekhyun's smooth and soothing voice.

The younger opened the door quietly, stepping in. Baekhyun smiled widely as soon as he saw Chanyeol's face poking in from the outside.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun called, stretching his arms wide for Chanyeol to hug.

"Hey, Baekhyunnie. Miss me?" Chanyeol chuckled, pulling Baekhyun into his embrace.

"Nu-uh." Baekhyun sticked out his tongue, laughing lightly.

"Ugh...! You wound me, Sir." He gave a hurt expression, but then smiling softly, patting Baekhyun on the head.

"I miss you, of course. Even though it's just for an hour."

"I miss you too. And I have a really good news."

"Really?! What is it?!" Baekhyun's eyes were wide with excitement, waiting for Chanyeol to say something.

"You're released temporarily tomorrow, and the 25th tomorrow."

"Oh, really?! Yay!" The older one smiled widely in excitement. It was almost like he's the happiest person alive despite his current condition. Chanyeol smiled back.

"Tomorrow, let's go grocery shopping first! And then we could go buy gifts! Hmm... How about the decorations though? We should buy plenty of it and decorate your house! I'm sure it'll come out real great! Then, then, uhm... We could cook together for Christmas Eve celebration!"

Chanyeol chuckled as how Baekhyun had already ranted about his plans for Christmas and Christmas Eve.

"Oh, one more thing though. Do you remember our friends, Baekhyunnie?"

"... Friends?" Baekhyun stopped, looking at Chanyeol with curiosity.

"Ah, uh, so, you don't remember..." Chanyeol trailed off.

"... I-I'm sorry." He replied with guilt on his tone.

"No, it's no problem at all, silly." The younger let out a chuckle. "Actually, would you mind if I invite them?"

Baekhyun's face showed disappointment for an instant second, but then let out a smile. "Sure. It's okay. I want to also regain my memory. Maybe they could help." He grinned.

Chanyeol smiled. "Alright, then. I'll go and call them later."


Christmas Eve came rolling so quick. Baekhyun stretched his arms as soon as he awake. 7:00 AM. He smiled widely. It was still early, but he's excited to be released from the hospital.

He felt his laps heavy that he couldn't move around so much. Then he noticed Chanyeol asleep. He looked so peaceful while he's still sleeping, having this urge to take a photo of his cute facial expression as he sleeps. Baekhyun flushed a bit as he thought of it, caressing Chanyeol's hair gently. He smiled again.

Chanyeol groaned lightly as he felt a touch on his head. Baekhyun immediately ceased his hand, feeling guilty for making him wake up. 'He's probably really tired from keeping me company all day...'

The younger boy turned his head slightly as he stare at Baekhyun.

"Good morning, Chanyeol." The older greeted, smiling slightly.

"Good morning, Baekhyunnie..." He rubbed his eyes sleepily, trying to get his bearings.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you up...?" Baekhyun looked at him sadly.

"Huh? Uh, no, no, you didn't. Don't worry, Baekhyun." Chanyeol chuckled, patting his head. "How was your sleep, Baekhyunnie? You didn't get any nightmares, did you?"

"No, I didn't! I'm sleeping soundly, like always!" Baekhyun smiled widely.

"That's good." He smiled, assured. "Well, let's go then! You're excited, right? Everyone said they're gonna be waiting at home. Well, I told everyone about your condition. If they still annoy you, though, you could tell me." Chanyeol laughed lightly, responded by Baekhyun with a nod and a smile.

"I can't wait to meet them." Baekhyun said, smiling widely.


"Took you long enough, you lovebirds."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, chuckling at the familiar voice as they enter. Kris'.

"Because I woke up quite late, man. I need to change our plans because you said you're already waiting." Chanyeol replied.

"Oh." Was the only reply that came out of Oh Sehun.

Baekhyun had just tugged on Chanyeol's sleeve as he looked shyly at the group of people at Chanyeol's house. He felt practically like a stranger lurking around on someone's house. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun gently to his front, smiling gently at Baekhyun.

The petite boy shyly greeted everyone, "Uhm. Hi."

"Wow, he really doesn't remember anything..." Jongin muttered, widening his eyes.

Kyungsoo practically almost cried.

"This is bad." Luhan sighed.

"Uh-oh..." Xiumin shook his head.

Chanyeol facepalmed. He sighed softly. "Hey, guys, what I want you do is to help him regain back his memories. Can you do that? I guess you can, without having me to ask you."

"It wouldn't be that easy though, Hyung." Tao replied.

"I know it wouldn't. But it wouldn't hurt to try, right? Baekhyun's willing too. So, that's that." Chanyeol said, nodding firmly.

"Then, let's go. We'll all go and help Baekhyun regain back his lost memories." Finally, Joonmyeon said, smiling.

Chanyeol looked at Joonmyeon, grinning softly. "Thanks, Hyung."


The gang took Baekhyun to different places. Though Baekhyun would not recall anything in those places, he would just smile everytime they tell him jokes or funny stories about what had happened among them. Baekhyun would always laugh at them even if he doesn't remember anything. Chanyeol would smile everytime he saw Baekhyun laughing, it reassured him that Baekhyun is safe. That Chanyeol should no longer worry about Baekhyun because their friends are here and they would make sure that not even one of their friends get hurt.

"Yo, Chanyeol. We're going back, okay? We gotta go somewhere." Kris called, Chanyeol responded with a nod.

"You know what, if anything comes up, just give us a call, alright?" Jongin said, tapping Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol let out a chuckle.

"Of course. Take care, you guys."

"You too, Yeol!" Chen waved.


Chanyeol quickly dragged Baekhyun to the supermarket, buying a few things they need for the Christmas Eve celebration they had planned earlier. Baekhyun had been awfully quiet, but when it's just the two of them, he'd talk like there's no end of it. Chanyeol could only chuckle at his naggings and all.

"So, um. We'll need pasta, tomatoes, and, uhm..." Baekhyun trailed off, looking at the list of things to buy.

"Baekhyunnie, is this everything?"

"Oh! Yeah. We need to hurry, though. Or we'll be late preparing it later."

"Hm. You're right. Well, let's go then. Oh..." Chanyeol stopped, causing Baekhyun to also stop in his tracks.

"What's wrong, Chanyeol?"

"We should just buy the decorations tomorrow. We can't afford going home late. It'd be dangerous."

"Ah... Alright then, if you say so." Baekhyun nodded, smiling.

Baekhyun didn't try to argue, to Chanyeol's relief. He couldn't risk them getting into trouble like last time.


"Hey, hey, Chanyeol. Does this taste good enough?"

Chanyeol took a spoon, tasting the food Baekhyun had made. He immediately grinned after tasting it.

"It's good enough, really."

Baekhyun grinned widely, getting back to his cooking. Chanyeol went back to the living room, preparing something that he had bought a few days ago. He smiled looking at the item, and decided to give it to Baekhyun later when he had done with the cooking.

"Baekhyunnie, when you're done, come here, okay?" Chanyeol called out from the living room.

"Ah. Alright, Chanyeol. One second." Baekhyun had tilted his head, but nonetheless, do what Chanyeol had said.

After a few second of Baekhyun being on the kitchen, preparing dinner and all, he hand back the apron on the hanger. He went to approach Chanyeol.


"What is it, Chanyeol?"

"Present!" He beamed. "Now, close your eyes, okay?"

Baekhyun was definitely surprised. He chuckled, closing his eyes. "Alright..."

Chanyeol goes behind Baekhyun, slowly wrapping around a necklace over Baekhyun's neck.

"Well, open your eyes now." Chanyeol grinned.

Baekhyun's eyes slightly widened, tears almost forming on his eyes. "Chanyeol..."

Chanyeol immediately backhugged Baekhyun who nearly cried. "Baekhyun, don't cry... Do you not like it...?"

"No, it's not that... I love it, really." Baekhyun smiled through his happy tears, turning around and facing Chanyeol, sobbing quietly on Chanyeol's chest. "Thank you, Chanyeol... I love you."

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun tightly, smiling gently as he caressed his hair, pulling him close. "I love you too, Baekhyunnie..."

The younger pulled away, pressing his lips gently against Baekhyun.

Baekhyun would always remember how soft Chanyeol's lips felt. It was then he recalled the memory where Chanyeol first kissed him at his favorite cafe. Baekhyun would never forget about it even if he tried to. Their lips would always complement each others.

Even though Baekhyun forgot everything, there's this one promise which will always be engraved in his memory.

'I won't ever leave you alone.'


ksdhfksudgfisukdhfisldkfjls I practically have free time, so I'm updating today.

I think this one's a bit longer. I think.

Comments and subscribe would be appreciated. Thanks for dropping by to read it!