The girl who cried wolf

12 + 1 = 13 Wolves

All 13 of them were seated around the living room. LuLi was sitting next to chanyeol and D.O. in the corner of room against the wall. Everyone was quiet. For the first time in the week she had been with them, not a sound could be heard coming from any of them. LuLi wondered why everyone was acting so serious all of a sudden. It was odd and a little scary at the same time.

“So, what’s up? What did you want to talk about?” LuLi was the first to talk. She looked at Kris for an answer since he was the one who called them all together.

Kris leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He looked around the room at everyone as he was talking. “Well, now that LuLi is in the group, we should set some rules.” All throughout the room, sighs and grumbles were heard. Kris ignored it all and went on with it. “No sleeping in the same bed with LuLi…” He looked at Tao when saying this, getting a death glare from the boy. “No walking around here anymore, no cursing, no crude jokes, no skinship-“

“What’s skinship?” LuLi interjected, not understanding the Korean word. Chanyeol grinned and threw his arms around her hugging her, and then he placed a big kiss on the top of her head. LuLi grew stiff and embarrassed, but she laughed anyways, finding it funny that physical contact in Korea is called ‘skinship’.

“YAH!” several of the guys yelled at Chanyeol. He shrugged, but let go of her.

Kris cleared his throat and continued, “As I was saying, we need to act like respectful men now and LuLi you need to act respectful also. You need to listen to authority and do as we tell you-“

“You aren’t the boss of me.” LuLi interjected for the second time. She didn’t like being told what to do. She wasn’t about to let these boys take advantage of the fact that she was the youngest in the group.

“We are all older then you, so…we have the authority over you.” Suho explained as kindly as he could, sensing that she was getting angry. Her eyebrows shot up and she crossed her arms. This was the one thing she didn’t like about Korean culture. If she were told to run to the store with a shopping list, then she’d HAVE to go. “It’s not as bad as you are making it out to be-“

For the third time, she interrupted the speaker “So it’s ok for you all to take advantage of me? Is that it?” she started to mumble to herself in Chinese. She shook her head and stood up. She started to walk away when Kris grabbed her shoulder and pushed her down to the ground. “Yah!” she shouted as she fell hard on the ground. She heard a snap come from her wrist as she fell on it. Flinching, she held on to her wrist, forcing tears back.

“Listen to us you brat!” Kris yelled at her. For the first time he was actually mad at her, really mad. Shocked, LuLi gave a grunt and a smirk. She shoved his arm away and stood up once again. She was just about to yell at him when Lay reached out and grabbed her hand. Instantly, relief soared threw her body and she started to calm down. Not only that, but her wrist stopped hurting. Something weird was happening. It’s like every time Lay touches her she feels at ease. Like he was able to heal or something. Finding the feeling weird, she twisted her hand out of his and backed away.

“I need to go to the store, I forgot I needed to get something.” She bowed her head to hide her angry tears from being shown. She grabbed her wallet and walked to the doorway.

“I will go with you.” Said D.O., getting up from the floor and following her to the doorway.

“No thanks, this ‘brat’ would like to go alone.” She glanced at Kris when saying brat and saw him glaring right back at her. LuLi huffed, put on her shoes, and then walked out of the dorm.

 


 

LuLi ended up walking around the nearest park. She walked slowly, not wanting to go back to the dorm yet. How long she had been walking, she didn’t know. In China she would do the same thing just so that way she could get out of the horrible place she called home. She was treated much the same in China. “Do as I say”, “Follow my rules”, “If you don’t I will punish you”, “You are nothing but something for me to take advantage of”. She’d heard it all. Punishment was always something severe. Something that a young girl should never have to go through.

LuLi knew that the EXO boys weren’t trying to be like the people she lived with in China. She knew it was a cultural thing, but she just had a hard time adjusting to the fact that these 12 boys were in charge of her and responsible for her. LuLi also knew that Kris had good intentions, but his anger got the best of him and he hurt her. She didn’t know if she’d be able to face him for a while more.

Again and again she circled the park until it was 1 in the morning. She was starting to feel sleepy, her eyes getting heavier, but she continued to walk.

LuLi kept thinking about being in this group was going to be too much for her. First off, there was too many members. She was also the only girl. What would the fans think of a girl in a group full of boys? She’d be hated for sure. Then there was the fact that some of the members were hard to be around. Chen kept trolling her every minute he could get the chance to. Kris scolded her left and right. Then there was Tao, who downright disliked and ignored her. How was she going to make all 12 boys happy while remaining happy herself?

Sighing, LuLi decided to start heading back to the dorm. She needed to talk to the boys once again. Hopefully this time it wouldn’t end in an argument. Turning around to head back, she decided to walk off the track this time and cut through the grass and trees. SNAP! In front of her was a loud snapping noise of a branch being broken in half. LuLi squinted her eyes, searching for the source of the noise, but found nothing. Shaking it off, she continued to walk. WOOSH.  Something ran by behind her. She quickly turned and scanned the area. Nothing.

Turning around once again she almost fell to the ground in shock at what stood in front of her. In front of her was a giant wolf. A wolf. It was massive, with big round red eyes.

“Ah!” LuLi jumped back and stood ridged. The wolf didn’t budge. It stood there and stared at her, not looking away or moving. LuLi stared at the wolf in utter shock. It wasn’t attacking her. It wasn’t trying to eat her or chase her. It just stood there and stared. She looked at the wolf more closely and recognized the eyes as being very familiar. “Your eyes…” she said to the wolf, “they remind me of Chanyeol’s.” the wolf blinked, but made no move. Instead it sat down, continuing to stare at the girl in front of him. LuLi stepped forward a step, sensing that the wolf wasn’t going to move, she took another step. Reaching out her hand to pet the wolf, the wolf moved forward toward her. Shocked and panicked she stumbled backwards and then ran off. She ran as fast as she could, not looking back, hoping it wasn’t following her. As she ran farther away, she could hear howling behind her.

 


 

LuLi burst through the door and kicked her shoes off. In the living room, the members were gathered around, all sleepy eyed. At the sound of her running in, they all sat up and stared at her.

“Where have you been?! It’s 1:30 in the morning!” Suho ran to her and hugged her, sighing in relief that nothing had happened to her.

“W-wolf!” LuLi exclaimed. The members all froze, “A wolf! I saw a wolf! It was huge and had big red eyes!” the adrenaline was running through her veins, “It just kept staring at me, it didn’t even growl at me…it just watched me…” the members around the room glanced around at each other, trying to compose their shock.

“I think you were just seeing things.” Tao got up and walked over to her. “A big wolf with red eyes? Here in the city? It’s not possible.” He stood in front of her with his arms crossed.

LuLi glared at him, “I’m not seeing things. I know what I saw.” She looked around the room and noticed that one of them was missing. “Where is Chanyeol?”

Luhan choked on his water that he was drinking and ended up spilling it down his chin and clothes. Kai fell off the arm of the sofa he was sitting on and hit the ground hard. Sehun started to hiccup out of nervousness.

“Ah, Chanyeol?” Baekyeon said, clearing his throat he put up a fake smile, “He went to the market down the street for some drinks.”

LuLi nodded, “Ok, well I’m going to bed.” She nodded and started to walk off when she noticed Kris. He sat there staring at his hands. She sighed to herself and walked over to stand in front of him. Looking up, he saw her smiling at him. She bent down and hugged him. “I’m sorry for earlier.” Smiling, he hugged her back and nodded his head. Backing up she bowed to him and then the others and dismissed herself for bed.

 


 

“That was too close.” Lay was the first to talk.

“No, kidding. I can’t believe she saw him.” Chen said.

Right then, Chanyeol walked through the door. He was smiling from ear to ear until he saw the faces of the other members. Immediately his smile dropped, “Who died?”

“You’re about to you idiot.” Tao grabbed him in a headlock and dragged him into the middle of the living room.

“Whoa, whoa, what’s going on?” He hurriedly asked before he lost his life by Tao’s hands.

“We strictly told you to go find her to make sure she was ok. We did NOT tell you to show yourself to her in your wolf form!” Suho whispered angrily to him.

“She didn’t know it was me. How would she have ever guessed that it was me in front of her?” Chanyeol defended himself.

“Still, Chanyeol, you let yourself be seen.” Xiumin added to the conversation.

“She saw a big wolf in the city. She isn’t going to forget that.” Kai added.

“Then we should tell her the truth.” Sehun spoke up. 11 sets of eyes shot daggers into him. “…or not.”

“She can’t know about us.” Kris stood up and walked over to Chanyeol. Chanyeol avoided eye contact with him, not wanting to face his fury. “She can’t know what we are…at least not yet.”

All 12 looked around at each other, nodding in agreement. They would tell her when the time was right. For now though, this secret would be kept a secret.