The Truth Revealed

12 + 1 = 13 Wolves

 

It has been two weeks since the incident with LuLi happened. For the past two weeks, the girl kept to herself, not even speaking to the boys. She was afraid that she’d hurt one of them again. She still couldn’t look Baekyeon in the face. She was also afraid to have to explain to them what was going on inside of her. She wished to forever seal them from it if she could. 

For the past two weeks, LuLi had sat by herself for meals, lock herself in her room, and avoided having to make any contact with any of them. The boys were all getting frustrated with it, but none of them made any move to confront her, figuring that she would speak up when she was ready.

It wasn’t until they were guests on a show that they finally heard her voice again.

“So, LuLi you’ve been pretty quiet today…” the MC said to her, smiling.

“Sorry, I am not feeling well today.” LuLi smiled at him and then did a slight bow to the cameras.

“Ah, I see.” The MC quickly had an idea to get her talking, “I’m going to ask you some questions about the boys and you answer them honestly ok?” LuLi nodded and sat up straighter, putting a fake smile on her face. “Who is the most annoying member?”

LuLi chuckled and looked around at all of them. “It depends on the day and my mood…”

“Who’s the most annoying today?”

LuLi drew a blank. She had no clue. She hadn’t been talking to any of them for the past few weeks. She had to make up something though so the host and the people who will later be watching this won’t catch on to the awkward atmosphere between her and the boys. She tried to think if any of the boys did anything annoying today. She remembered Chanyeol sneezing, but that’s not annoying. She remembered D.O. falling out of the car, but that was just funny. Then she remembered that Luhan had stepped on her foot during the recording at Music Core.

“Luhan oppa.” She replied with a pout on her face. Luhan looked absolutely surprised and pointed to himself in disbelief. He hadn’t even spoken a word to her this morning, how was he annoying?

“Who’s the most hyper member?” The MC aked, now enjoying this little segment.

“That’s easy.” LuLi waved it off with her hand. “Chanyeol, Chen, and baek-“ she had started to say his name but had trouble finishing it. She felt horrible whenever she even THOUGHT the boy’s name. The MC thankfully said his name for her though and she nodded, fake smiling.

“Ok last one.” The MC said as he looked at his cards in his hands and then back up at her. “If you could say anything to one of them who would it be and what would you say?”

LuLi felt close up and her heart start to pound in her chest. She knew what she wanted to say and to whom. She bit her lip and avoided looking at the member. She felt that if she looked at him while she said this she’d break into tears on camera. So she just looked at the MC.

“Baekyeon.” It took all her strength to get to say his name. She felt her heart falter a bit as she remembered her body choking him. Out of the corner of her eye she saw said boy shift in his seat and stare at her, waiting for her to speak. “I’m-…” she felt like she couldn’t breathe. She felt like saying sorry wouldn’t cut it, but she had to make a start. “I’m sorry.” She looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers. “I know that saying that isn’t enough, but-“ She took a deep breath to calm herself. This wasn’t easy.

Before she could say anything else, arms wrapped around her, enveloping her into a hug. It took her a moment to realize that it was Baekyeon. She sat there, rigid in her seat. She was afraid to touch him. What if she couldn’t keep in control of her body? What if that MONSTER broke through again?

“I’m ok.” Baekyeon whispered in her ear, quiet enough that only she heard. He pulled away, smiling at her with the most genuine smile she’d seen in the longest time. She smiled back at him, but that smile didn’t reach her eyes. She still wasn’t sure of herself.

“Why are you sorry to him?” the MC asked, confused.

“Ah, Um,” LuLi shook her head, looking away from the boy that was now waling back to his seat. “We had a fight recently and I just wanted to apologize to him.”

The rest of the day went by in a blur. They went to various schedules. TV shows, interviews, photo shoots, etc. It was a jam packed day. LuLi was lost in thought the whole time. She thought about how she could protect the boys. She would rather die than let one of them be hurt again.

They were now in the practice room, dancing away to various songs of theirs. LuLi was so lost in thought that she didn’t realize that she had stopped dancing. Beside her Sehun slid to the side right where LuLi was standing. She was supposed to slide backwards, but didn’t. The two of them collided and fell to the ground with a hard thud.

“AH!” The two of them yelled as they fell. They crashed to the ground, bonking their heads in the process. “Oww.” The two of them whined as they rubbed their foreheads. The others had all stopped when they saw the two maknaes fall and Xiumin turned off the music. Sehun was irritated. Not that he just fell and got hit in the head. No, he was irritated with the way LuLi had been acting. He had enough.

“WOULD YOU JUST STOP ALREADY?!” He yelled at the top of his lungs, shocking everyone with his sudden outburst. He had never raised his voice to another member like this before. He was usually a pretty quiet boy, but not today. Not now. He leaned over and grabbed the girl by the shoulders, shaking her a little too roughly.

“Careful…” Lay said quietly in the background, preparing himself in case he needed to heal those shoulders that the boy was shaking so hard.

Sehun continued his angry outbursts, hoping to get through to that stubborn Chinese girl’s head. “WE DON’T CARE IF YOU HAVE THAT CREEPY THING IN YOU! WE DON’T CARE IF YOU CHOKED BAEKYEON-“ Baekyeon huffed and mouthed ‘gee, thanks’, but Sehun ignored it and continued on with his rant. “ALL WE WANT IS FOR YOU TO BE BACK TO YOUR NORMAL SELF! STOP IGNORING US! STOP HIDING! AND STOP THINKING YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE IN A HORRIBLE SITUATION!” His veins were popping out of his neck from all the intense screaming. LuLi was in a state of shock. Sehun was the member she was the closed with because they were the youngest. He had never yelled at her before. He took a deep breath before he continued. “DAMNIT I TURN INTO A FREAKING WOLF AND YOU THINK-“

“Sehun, let me go!” she interrupted him. LuLi tried to yank her arms from his grasp, but he was holding on too tightly. She could feel the blood in her arms getting caught off from how hard he was squeezing.

“Not until you put your act together.” Sehun said, in a normal voice now. He was glaring daggers into her eyes, daring her to try and argue with him.

The other members just stood around watching the two of them. Sehun was right, they all thought. It was time they sat down and really discussed things with her. They told her their secret, so she should tell them hers. Minutes passed and no one said anything. LuLi thought about what she should do. If she should tell them the truth, or lie to protect them.

“Explain everything to us.” Suho spoke up. LuLi and sehun turned their heads to look at him. They had been staring at each other for so long that they had forgotten that the other members were in the room.  Suho sighed and walked over to the two maknaes. He bent down and pulled Sehuns hands off of the girls arms, silently telling him to calm down.

LuLi rubbed her arms; she was sure that tomorrow there will be bruises unless Lay did his freaky healing thing on her again. She looked into the faces of the twelve boys. How would she explain this to them without them freaking out? She was sure they could handle themselves, she was sure she could trust them. But she couldn’t trust herself. She looked at all the faces and stopped on one. Kris. She had an idea and she knew Kris would be able to do it. At least she hoped.

“Ok.” LuLi muttered. She scooted herself back and motioned for everyone to sit down with her so that way she could explain. She closed her eyes for a second, calming herself and thinking about how to explain this to them.

“Well?” D.O. asked after several moments of silence.

LuLi opened her eyes and stared at her hands. She decided to tell them the truth. The truth may help them more than a lie would. “It’s true. I have another soul living in me. She isn’t human though…I don’t know what she is exactly.” LuLi furrowed her brow and bit her bottom lip. Here it goes. “She has a purpose for being in me…”

“What…is it?” Chanyeol asked hesitantly.

LuLi grasped her own hands and looked around the room, trying not to make eye contact with any of them. “She is a wolf killer.” She quickly glanced at some of the boys and saw surprise written on their faces. “She claims that a wolf pack killed her family a long time ago. She’s out to kill all wolves now. She is a creature that jumps bodies when the current body she is in is about to die.” LuLi huffed a sigh. “She chose me as her new body. The original soul of the body-me-still lives on in the body along with her.” None of the boys said a word, all listening. So she continued. “I am strong enough to keep her locked up, but lately it’s been hard…”

“Because we are wolves…” Kris said.

“Yeah.”

“How long has she been inside you?” Kai asked, looking over LuLi.

“Since I was around 10.” LuLi drew her knees up to her chest and hugged them. She spaced out, thinking of the past. “I woke up one day to hear thoughts in my head that weren’t my own. At first I just ignored it, but then the thoughts became louder and at times I couldn’t even control my own body.” She pouted and stared at her knees. “She did horrible things. All I could do was watch as my body was taken over and I could do nothing to stop it.” She looked up at the boys and smiled faintly. “I can control her better now. I know how to. For the most part I can keep her locked away and I’m too strong for her. However…” she looked around the room, this time with such a serious expression. “She knows you are wolves and she’s becoming harder to control with each passing day. Her anger is fierce and she is powerful. You need to promise me you will all be careful if she ever comes loose again. She is blind, but her hearing and sense of smell is incredible. She can easily catch you by just relying on her hearing. She is quick and she is relentless. She won’t stop until she sees you all dead.”

“Then what do we do?” Luhan asked.

LuLi looked at Kris, remembering her idea. She knew that he’d do it to protect the others. “I will explain it to Kris privately. Only he can pull this off.” She looked at them all again, this time a smile on her face. “Whatever happens in the future, remember that I care for all of you and I’m sorry. Do any of you have any questions?”

“What is her name?” Xiumin asked.

“Her name is…” LuLi said, “Ivy.”

 


 

Later that night, LuLi pulled Kris aside. She needed to tell him this now.

“What’s up?” He asked. They were alone in their room. Luhan and Chen hadn’t come in yet. This was her chance to tell him.

“You need to promise me something. Only you will have the guts to do this.” LuLi pleaded with him.

Kris stared at her quizzically. He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. “First tell me what it is?”

“If anything happens…” LuLi stopped, “No, if it gets really bad, or um-“

“Just spit it out.”

“Kill me.”

Kris dropped his arms and raised his eyebrows, his mouth dropping open. “I’m sorry, you want me to what?”

LuLi switched to Chinese, feeling that she wouldn’t be able to say this properly in Korean. “Things are going to get worse, I can feel it. I don’t want any of you to be hurt. Ivy is going to try and kill you all. Before she does,” LuLi took a deep breath from talking so fast and steadied her voice before speaking again. “Kill me. It will kill her also and then she wouldn’t hurt any of you anymore.”

“You can’t expect me to kill you and then-“

“Promise me!” LuLi shouted, getting desperate. “If things get bad and neither I nor any of you can control her, you will kill this body.” She stared at him hard and he stared right back, disbelief written across his face.

“Fine.” He said finally, “But ONLY if the situation cannot be controlled and that is our only option left."

 


 

***SNEEK PEEK***

LuLi turned around, tears streaming down her cheeks. She looked to Kris who had a hard expression on his face, but in those eyes she could see sadness and realization at what needed to be done.

Choking on her cries and gasping for air, LuLi spoke only to Kris, ignoring everyone else around her. “Kill me.” Kris let out a sigh and closed his eyes, but nodded. He couldn’t let this go on anymore. He had tried to prevent this outcome, but now it was too late. This was now their only option.

“N-NO!” out of the corner of her eye she saw Tao run up to her and place himself firmly in front her. She let out another shaky cry as she thought about the future with him she could have had if she didn’t have a monster living inside of her.

“Tao, it’s the only way. “ Kris moved closer, his hands raised, trying to reason with Tao as he got closer.

“I won’t let you kill her.” Tao began shouting, “I WON’T LOSE HER!”

“We have to protect the others Tao. She is a threat to us-“

“IVY IS, NOT LULI!!” He was shouting. His fists were balled up so tightly that his knuckles turned white. Angry tears were now falling down his cheeks. He’d hold his ground till the ends of hell.

“Look what happened to Chanyeol! This has got to end NOW!” Kris transformed into a wolf that second and barred his teeth. Staring at LuLi, a flash of sadness and sorrow crossed his eyes before they hardened and he leaped.

“NO!”

LuLi closed her eyes, “goodbye”