Getting Sick

Identitas
Please log in to read the full chapter

7. Getting Sick

 

 

We enter in his room and I walk straight to his bed. I sit and grab his teddy bear I had given to him, when he had been hospitalized a few years ago because of a serious flu.

“On Monday I’ll make my big step,” he remarks with a small smile of encouragement in his face.

“You’re talking about Ae Sook?” I wonder as I play with the teddy bear.

“Yes. I’m going to ask her out,”

I frown “Oh, so you don’t need my help.” He shakes his head with that idiot smile of his. “Well, just for you to know that I hope everything goes fine between you and Ae Sook. She seems a nice girl. I guess I’ll get a second girl best friend,” I smile.

Luhan laughs “You can’t dump Jin Ri, of course,” he says.

“No. Of course I can’t and I won’t. Jin Ri is my number one,” Choi Jin Ri has been my best (girl) friend since middle school.

Along with Luhan, she’s my best friend. I remember how we met. Every time I remember it I can’t help but smile. We became friends when the school bathrooms had run out of toilet paper. It’s weird, I know. But I find it funny and unique. I mean, no one makes friends while the school bathrooms have no toilet paper. In that way I’ll also have a story to tell my grandchildren about how I met my friends. 

“By the way, I haven’t seen her in a while,” Luhan touches his chin as he tries to remember the last time he had seen Jin Ri.

“She has a school project with some other classmates this week,” I tell him.

“Hum, okay,” right then there’s a knock on the door. Luhan answers it. It is their maid, who has just made some cookies and is amiable enough to bring us some.

“Can I come in kids?” She asks as she carries a tray with cookies and two glasses of milk. “I made these just now. They’re still warm. If you want more just ask, I have more downstairs,” she kindly offers.

Oh my, she’s such a cool and friendly maid. She’s been with Luhan’s family even after Luhan’s birth, so she knows him well and me too, as I’m friends with Luhan since very young too. I remember her making us snacks when we came back from school. I’ve always liked her so much. Actually, she’s like an aunt to me.

“Thank you halmeoni,” Luhan kisses the maid’s forehead and she caresses his cheek in response. I soften at the two. Luhan treats her as his grandmother as he had grown up without one. They’re very close to each other.

“I’ll get going. Remember that I have more cookies in the kitchen,” she warns one last time and leaves the room. We smile at her and start eating her delicious cookies.

After eating the delicious cinnamon cookies that Luhan’s maid had cooked I finally decide that’s time to go home.

“I should go. My mother has probably arrived already,” I say as I get up from Luhan’s bed, feeling happy for this time we spent chatting non-stop.

“Okay. I’ll walk you home,” he says as he places his glass of milk in the trey. I shake my hands and my head refusing his offer.

“No. You don’t need. I’ll just walk fast so I won’t take long,” I grin and walk towards the door of his room. He scoffs and nods. I quickly shoot him a glare as I know he’s mocking me. “What?” I raise an eyebrow, trying to pull out my fierce side.

“Nothing. Is just knowing how you are, I am 100% sure you won’t walk fast as you aren’t in a hurry,” he titles his head a bit to the side wi

Please log in to read the full chapter