Preparations

Identitas
Please log in to read the full chapter

11. Preparations

 

 

“Oh girl! Why can’t I see anything that I think it will suit the date?” Jin Ri asks a bit frustrated about the fact that my style isn’t exactly … catchy and appropriate for these occasions.

I shrug not really knowing what to say. Those are my daily-clothes. I rarely go out, unless there’s a family wedding or a ceremony worth a dress or something more sophisticated. Maybe it’s time to change my style.

“What’s this?” Jin Ri questions as I see her grabbing a white and large box from the wardrobe. She turns to me as if waiting for an answer. However, she opens the box before I can recall any memories of it. “It’s a dress,” she tells me and looks at me once again.

Wrinkles form in my forehead as I curiously walk towards her and look at the content that’s inside the box. I think for some seconds and I finally remember why I have that dress.

“Oh! Mom bought it for me to wear on a ceremony at Jeong Suk’s work, but I never got to wear it as Chung Ho got sick and we couldn’t go to the ceremony,” I tell her recalling the time it happened.

“Hum, well. Then I guess this is the best opportunity for you to wear it!” Jin Ri smiles brightly at me.

She takes the short, black and floral patterned dress out of the box and scans it with more precision. After doing her job, she puts it in front of me and gestures me to walk towards the mirror I have in my room. I look myself in the mirror and judge the dress with my eyes. It’s undoubtedly a beautiful dress. I don’t know why I haven’t worn it before. That’s probably because there hasn’t been any ceremony since the one at Jeong Suk’s work.

“Try it on,” Jin Ri rushes me to try on the dress, so she can give me her approval or not. But before I can do it, she stops me. “Oh wait! There’s a black belt in here,” she takes the belt out of the box and hands it to me. “You shall put it in here,” she points at her belly, showing me the place where I must put the belt. I nod and start taking my clothes off.

I try the dress on and look at Jin Ri, waiting for her opinion. She looks serious and doesn’t seem quite convinced at first sight. My best friend then shows her white teeth in an ear-to-ear smile and claps her hands.

“That’s the perfect dress. It suits you so well,” she grins like a proud mother and sighs. “Gosh it seems like I’m more excited than you,” I laugh at her remark and shake my head.

“Do you want to stay for dinner?” I invite her, as I know I’ll need help later before going to the date.

“I think I have my day off,” she nods with a chick and well-mannered lady look and I chuckle. “Who’s going to do your makeup and hair later? Hum? Of course I need to stay for dinner. I’m needed with urgency,” I can’t help but throw my arms in the air and hug her.

She’s always the one who helps me in these situations. I mean, I guess Luhan isn’t much comfortable doing this, nor does he know how to do it. It has to be Jin Ri, instead.

“So, how do you think I’ll go with my hair?” I ask the professional in the room.

“Natural. Guys like when girls go with their natural looks. So, there won’t be much to do later, as the makeup will go along those lines as well,” she speaks as if she’s totally unde

Please log in to read the full chapter