Under The Rain

Identitas
Please log in to read the full chapter

6. Under The Rain

 

 

We stand there for a couple of minutes. It’s the first time in my life that I’m actually being quite rebel. I mean, I’ve never had experienced something like getting all wet in a rainy day or just counter the basics “Don’t do” of every education.

Lay gets up and looks at me. We’re totally soaked and he doesn’t seem to care about it. I just hope my brothers won’t see me like this, if they do, they’ll tell mother and then … I’ll get scolded for getting wet in the rain. I think they’re just used to the innocent Cho Hee, the girl who just follow orders, is friendly, isn’t a trouble maker, is a role model student …

“Why are you here under the rain?” He asks. I gasp at him. Why in the world is he asking that if he’s under the rain himself?

“Why are you under the rain?” I ask him the same while emphasizing the word “you”. I really don’t understand his reasons.

“I like rain. I like to feel the rain dropping in my skin. The rain is a good memory to me,” he says. Now I know he has a logical reason for being under the rain.

“Oh,” my mind is in a blank state as I don’t remember anything else to say.

“You shouldn’t be here. You’ll catch a cold,” he says with a warm smile.

“So will you!” I protest back and he chuckles.

He throws a caring yet playful glance at me, “I bet your mother won’t be that happy when she’ll see you like this.” I gasp once again. He’s judging me for being all wet, but he’s exactly like me.

“I don’t think you’re in position to say that,” I raise an eye brow in a victory movement and look at his clothes.

“I’m already an adult, which means I can take care of myself,” he strikes back, still with that glance. I feel offended.

“Excuse me, are you saying I’m a kid and I can’t take care of myself?” I don’t understand why he’s saying that. He had just met me.

I turn around and walk towards the stairs. He follows me. Now we’re not under the rain anymore. “I didn’t mean that.” he excuses himself.

Suddenly I sneeze and it makes me a bit dizzy for a few seconds.

“I told you, you would catch a cold!” he remarks in a teasing way. That’s when I realize, it’s the first time we actually tease each other. He’s been teasing me for the past minutes and I don’t find it annoying at all. It’s the opposite, I like it though.

He giggles. Right after he’s finished with teasing me, he sneezes too. Bless you karma! Now it’s my time to tease. I laugh and make fun of him.

“I told you, you would catch a cold!” I repeat what he said to me. He smiles in a defeated way. “Ha Ha! I won!” I throw my fists in the air and celebrate my winning in the argument we were having.

However he doesn’t seem willing to lose the argument yet. “And I thought I was speaking to a teenager.”

I’m fast at answering back “I’m seventeen. I am a teenager, almost adult,” I point out that there’s not much time left for me to be a teenager. In a matter of three years I’ll be officially an adult. By that time, Lay will be twenty-four years old. Now that I see it clearly, we don’t have a big . It’s only four years of difference.

“You better go home. Take a hot shower and wear warm clothes. You’ll catch a b

Please log in to read the full chapter