Talk Love-K Will

Someday We'll Know

Bzzzz.  Bzzzz. 

Annoyed, Jong Kook reached blindly for his phone, wishing whoever it was would leave him alone till morning.  Unable to find it, he got out of bed only for the noise to stop, replaced by the soft glow of a new notification.  1 missed call.  Not caring, he turned his phone over and went back to sleep.

Bzzzz.

His hand brushed his phone, knocking it to the ground.  Cursing, he lifted his face from his pillow, opening his heavily lidded eyes to look for the phone.  It seemed sleep would have to wait.

And then it stopped.  The glow faded and his room plunged into total darkness.  Whoever it was seemed to have given up.  He wanted to cry in frustration.  Sometimes it felt like the whole world was trolling him.  


Annoyed, Jin Young hung up.  "This jerk" she said, tossing her phone onto the table.  "He won't even pick up my calls now."  Across the table, Kook Joo grabbed another chicken foot and began to eat while Kwang Soo fumbled around his pocket, trying to get his phone.  "Wait a minute" he slurred drunkenly.  "Let me try."  He succeeded in unlocking his phone and dialed Jong Kook hyung.  

"Hello?" answered Jong Kook.

"SHHHHHH" Kwang Soo admonished both Kook Joo and Jin Young, neither of whom had said anything.  "He picked up!" He waved his phone in Jin Young's face, to rub it in that Jong Kook had picked up his call and ignored hers.

Pleased with himself, he put the phone back to his ear to talk.  "Hyung?" he called into the phone.  There was no answer.  He checked his screen again and saw the "Call Ended" message come up.  Jong Kook had hung up on him.  "That bastard" he cursed, upset at having been hung up on.

Jin Young just laughed at him.  Kook Joo however, decided it was time to teach Kwang Soo a lesson.  "Kwang Soo" she began.  She grabbed another chicken foot.  "Eat" she demanded, shoving it in his mouth.  "You sound so much better now" she said, not making any sense whatsoever.  Hands newly free, she poured another round and held up her glass.  "Cheers!"

But the distraction of chicken feet and alcohol were but temporary diversions for Jin Young's restless heart.  10 minutes later and her phone was back out and she was dialing Jong Kook.

"Ahhhh Oppa!" she whined when he failed to pick up yet again.  Head slumped, phone still pressed against her face, she began a drunken rant.  "Hey, you jerk, what's the point of having a cell phone if you never answer it?  You think I like answering all your calls?  You think it's only for you when you need it?  .  When someone calls you, you're supposed to pick up."  There was an odd click sound and Jin Young instinctively pulled the phone away from her ear.  Looking at the screen, it was blank--the screen had gone to sleep.  She swiped the screen back on and saw that the call was still connected.  Alcohol emboldened her and she began her rant once more.

"And another thing, it's Saturday night and I bet you're at home sleeping..."  "It's Sunday" Kwang Soo interrupted, and Jin Young shot him a dirty look that immediately shut him up.

"What could one drink possibly do to that body" she continued.  "One bowl of ramen.  Or one cookie.  And even if it was so bad, you can always exercise tomorrow.  I'll coach you if you get fat.  I'm an expert in diets and exercise."

"Yah" interrupted Kook Joo this time, upset at the word "diet."  "You shouldn't diet, you should just be healthy and your body will naturally tell you what you need to eat and how much.  Health is the most important, not weight...."  She continued to expound her theories on diets as Jin Young ignored her, leaving Kwang Soo to try and understand her thoughts.

"Anyway" she said, a little lost in her train of thought, stalling for time while her mind sought to right itself.  "Would it kill you to come and hang out with us just once?  Why do you think I keep asking Kwang Soo to invite you?  How long are you going to ignore me?  I even asked for your number and you've never even answered a single one of my calls.  Why do you keep calling him?  You're just a useless musclehead and a jerk"  She giggled, showing her true feelings that she was too shy to reveal when sober.  "All that muscle you know what the most important muscle is?  It's the heart.  And your heart is empty. I hope you die alone!" she wailed and suddenly the giddy feelings of happiness were gone, replaced by the depressing feeling of despair as she realized, if unconsciously, that him being alone meant them not having a relationship was a necessary condition for her curse to come true.

"Ahhhhh" she screamed in frustration, prompting the whole bar to turn and look at her.  Even Kwang Soo and Kook Joo stopped their weird drunken flirting interactions to look at her.  She flung her phone onto the table and watched it skid its way in front of Kwang Soo.  Needing more stress relief, she then kicked her legs out and accidentally connected with his shins.  

"Owww" he yelped, reaching down to massage his assaulted limbs.  "What the hell is your problem?"

"Kim Jong Kook is jerk.  Why are you even friends with that ?" she yelled, venting her frustrations out.  Suddenly, she felt very lightheaded as the blood rushed out of her head and the alcohol muddied her brain.  Her body was in open rebellion against her hard partying ways.  "Ohhh" she moaned, holding her head.  "I don't feel good."

She still wasn't feeling well the next day.  Hung over and sleepy, she could feel every drop of alcohol she'd consumed last night.  Worse yet, she'd slept away the morning and it was already 2 in the afternoon.

Looking at her phone, she saw the glow of the notification light creating a small halo of light on her dresser.  She'd missed a call or message from someone.  Figuring that she wasn't going to get any more sleep, she decided to start her day and check her notifications.

To her horror, there was only one message.  From Kim Jong Kook.  The message was simple.  "I got your message.  Can we talk?"

Suddenly, memories from last night began to rise in her mind and she cringed as she recalled her drunken rants.  Hoping it was just drunken bluster, she checked her call log and saw that she'd dialed Jong Kook 6 times last night.  One of the calls had lasted for 23 minutes.  Oh .