Chapter 2

Take me as I am

Amber took her eyes from the sketchbook and looked outside the window. Realizing how beautiful the weather was with the sun spread its shine throughout the city which was very rare in London this season, she decided to go to the near office outdoor café shop to continue her work.” I shouldn’t waste this beautiful days trapped in this box” She thought on the way out of the building.

 

Being one of the main designer of Cartier’s, Amber should work at its head quarter in Paris. However, she hated living for too long in a city, considering the fact that old habits would ruin her imagination someday. Amber moved to London  5 months ago finding her inspiration in the elegant beauty of this place for her new collection of the next season.

 

She took her time traveling here and there in the city and suburb, making friends, hanging out at weekend, decorating her vintage apartment, trying to enjoy the life style here in London. Refreshing was necessary for her job, though she also needed it for the balance of her soul. It had been 4 years since her parent’s death and along with the bankruptcy of her family’s company.  It happened so fast, she lost all in a blink of eyes: family, company and also her fiancé - Henry.

 

Amber used to be a bright girl, studying art in New York, living a flawless life and in a bubbly love  with Henry whom she met on the first day at collage. They soon engaged when Henry finished his bachelor degree. However, who needed a fallen angel after all? Henry family didn’t allow him to continue the relationship with Amber after the incident and he gave up the fight with his family as well as their 3 years of love, getting engaged with another rich girl 6 months after that.

She loved Henry to the point that it hurt, through all the memories they had during her university time. If it hadn't been for Henry, she couldn't have withstood the difficult time living alone in NY. She felt like living in hell back then and hated him, but no longer now. That was his family after all and at least, he had struggled for their love. That was enough for her. He was just not strong enough to protect her, she didn't blame him for this and she decided to protect herself instead.

 

After the breakup, Amber threw herself into studying to get the scholarship for the last semester and finished her education, being scouted for Cartier’s young Creative team where she became a workaholic to forget the pain in her soul. Everything turned out not so bad after all. Amber changed a lot in her position in Cartier’s, in her personality, even in her looks. She cut her long wavy hair that Henry liked, pursuited chic men wear style instead of being pure and cute like herself before, just to look tough and cover her fragile soul. She felt herself matured significantly, yet couln't get over the hole in her heart.

 

Amber bitterly thought about the past which was not so far, looking blankly to the people walking down the pavement outside the café shop. She only turned back to reality when a Burberry scarf suddenly wraped her shoulders from behind.

" Noona, it’s cold, watch your health. "

" I have my own scarf Sehun, I just forgot it at the office and I’m not feeling cold at all. "Amber said when fix the scarf, rolled it over her neck so that it matched her long navy jacket.

"Then take mine, it's your birthday gift." Sehun said, winking his eyes, as cute as always.

"My birthday is over idiot, don’t you remember? It was on May and this is autumn. "Amber smiled to Sehun telling him the truth that she knew well that he remembered.

"Next year birthday, I forgot to say the last part of my sentence, noona. So don’t mind it. " Sehun said as he throwed his arm over Amber’s shoulder.

Amber smiled brightly, took a deep breath and sensed the smell of Sehun’s cologne from the scarf as well as from Sehun himself which she found very manly. Sehun was 2 years younger than her, an old soul in the cover of a sparkling cute handsome young man who always carefully took care of Amber. Sometimes he gave her some of his item which she liked because he had kind of same style with Amber. Maybe a snapback or a white long sleeve shirt. Somehow they appeared simply manly if Sehun wore but  turned out to be y on Amber. Even the dark blue scarf he had just give to Amber brought her an absent air when she buried her face in it, making her like a mysterious lazy witch.

Sehun looked into Amber’s face. A beam of sun dropeds on her face, leaving its reflection in her eyes, turned them to crystal clear light brown, reminding Sehun of amber pearl, just like her name. He wanted to kiss on these eyes but held himself not to. He just could tighten his wrap on Amber’s shoulders He had been in one-sided love with his 2 year older colleague for a long time. He joined the Main designing team a year after Amber and followed her from Paris to London just to be by her side. He hadn’t confessed yet. It was not because he was shy or something,  he just considered the pain Amber had been through and not wanting to push her, deciding to let Amber have time to calm herself. Sometimes just like today, when he crossesd the street and catched  Amber’s sign in the café shop, staring to an invisible point on the street, got her mind absences to Neverland or somewhere, not knowing him coming from behind. He found she was so fragile and little that he wanted to protect her, made she smiles, like truly smiles, not the pretending “I’m ok” she wore every day.

" Noona, would you like to have lunch with me? I know a new awesome restaurant. " Sehun drags Amber out of her day dreaming and out of the café as well.

 

 

A/N: For those who cares about Amber's fashion. She really has a model body, but looking at her outfit in RPPP with awfully ugly short and high man socks, I got mad. So just imagine her in her Lachata unbalance short hair and outfit like this on my fic. That the style I hope can see her wear: men wear with a lil of dark  rock and roll chic, kind of this.