Jongup: Charley Horse

The Fluffy Adventures of B.A.P

 

 

“You are one hyper puppy you know that?” Jihye slouches against the mirror of TS Entertainment’s dance room as her boyfriend merrily bboys across the wooden floor. Jongup is midspin when she wipes her forehead of all the sweat that accumulated within the past two hours, “You’re tireless, I swear”.

Jongup can only smile at her remarks. Despite her many complaints during exercise, he sure loves his little couch potato. He continues on with his routine, and his silent concentration on his dance moves has her whining again, “Jongup, this is fun and all but I’m exhausted. Let’s call it a day…and let’s go watch that new chick flick instead!”.

He flips himself off the ground in the most graceful of movements. Jihye can’t help but envy his natural talent. He’s just so coordinated. All these flips and jumps and cartwheels of his has her wishing she had just a fraction of his abilities. Jihye on the other hand, can’t walk 10 feet without tripping over her own toes. 

Jongup catches her admiring him, and with a warm smile he walks over and hands her a bottle of water and a towel, “You want to go already? We barely started though. And no thanks, not watching Best of Me again. No thank you,”.

“Jonguppie, not all of us are gifted with your hyperactive puppy powers. I don’t see what wrong with a nice romantic comedy.” she messily chugs down the water. 

Jongup gushes at her casual use of his secret nick name. He loves that specific term of endearment. He presses his warm forehead against hers. He looks her straight in the eyes, “One more round, please?”’

No fair. He knows his little forehead to forehead kisses are her weakness. Just one glance at that adorable face of his and she will do anything. With a huff she agrees, “Oh, fine,”.

A very satisfied Jongup gives her a quick peck on her chin that almost makes her stumble backwards, “Thank you!”.

“Yeah, yeah, you’re lucky I love you,” she mumbles. 

Just fifteen more minutes of intense dancing and Jihye is already a limp punching bag rolling around on the floor. “Gah,” she grumbles with her face to the ground, “so tired,”. 

And still, Jongup is twirling in the middle of the practice room with as much energy as before. “Jihye,” he looks at her through the mirror with unease, “I forgot something…”

She’s still spread eagled on the wood floor, “Mmmphhh?”

He stops mid twirl with wide eyes, “Did you stretch before practice?”

“No, why?”

“Uh…well…you’re supposed to stretch. Otherwise you’ll get a-“

“OH , CHARLEY HORSE!” Jihye’s hands fly to her lower leg.

“-charley horse.” Jongup finishes his sentence and blots to her side. 

The movements she makes are inhuman. She looks more like a fish than anything as she flops around, “ERMMYGERD, see! This is what happens when I exercise!”

Jongup immediately pulls her into a sitting position and lays out her leg to stretch. She’s clawing at the hardwood floor and wincing so hard there’s tears. He sprints out the room and Jihye is about to yell at him until he comes back. Jongup is back soon enough with a huge ice pack and banana in tow. He tenderly grabs her leg and wraps her muscle in the pack. She’s still groaning when Jongup starts peeling the banana.

“Jongup, why in the world would you eat a banana in a time like this- UMPH,”

He hastily sticks a piece of the fruit in . “Shush,” he silences her with a second piece, “your potassium levels are probably low,”.

She continues to chew as the spasms gradually decrease to a dull pain. “Jongup,” is still full of banana bits, “I swear if you ever make me exercise again I’ll drag you to watch every new chick flick for the next five years,”.

Jongup pauses in the middle of massaging her leg, “Ah, okay okay. No more intense exercising. Got it.”


Back after an unexpected hiatus. Apologies for the rusty writing. Please read the link for an imporant update.