Chapter08: Thirty Minutes

Hooters [on Hiatus]

Thirty Minutes

Hyoyeon

Life wasn’t very kind to me; I even can’t believe that I had fall asleep despite of the agonizing pain I have felt. Earlier I couldn’t move my body, but right now, I could twitch my fingers.

“Hyoyeon-ah…” A voice said.

I gradually opened my eyes. The light was very bright and it stings my eyes, little by little my eyes started to adjust from the brightness until the blurry figure of a girl in front of me became clear.

“Hyo.” She said again. “Thirty minutes has passed… wake up….”

“Sooyoung…” I said in a weak tone. I slowly sat on the bed where I was lying, and my head became dizzy. “What-“

“Oh, you’re awake Ms. Kim.” A woman in a white coat said. She looked like those people you’d see in laboratories. “How are you feeling?” She asked.

“Me? I’m… Okay? I guess…”

“I’ll be explaining something with you.” The woman said. She placed a black x-ray sheet by the wall and she opened a switch by the side. “Okay…This is your bone earlier…”

I was shocked. My X-ray showed some parts of my bones were missing and then some were broken.

“We have replaced the missing parts with artificial bones and some parts of you are still healing from the fractures, but don’t worry much. You are good. We gave your leader the things you need to intake and the medications. You can actually walk now and do normal activities now…”

“Heavy physical activities??” I asked.

“Uhm… After three days is best.” The woman said. “Do you have any concerns? Or questions?”

I was dumbfounded. I didn’t know what to say. “Uhm no…” I said. “But my bones are fine now right? I mean…”

The woman smiled and nodded. “Yes. Your bones are fine. So if you don’t have any concerns, I’ll leave the two of you now…” The woman turned the x-ray light off and grabbed the x-ray sheet with her. She went out leaving me and Sooyoung.

“Are you okay?” Sooyoung asked. “How’s your hand?? I’m so happy you’re finally awake!!” She lightly caressed my hand that has a plaster above it. (Due to the dextrose)

“I’m… okay??”

“Ya… I’m sorry by the way…”

“Sorry for what?” I asked.

“I didn’t get the chance to save you…”

I wrinkled my nose. This is what I hate about Sooyoung. She would always blame herself for something she didn’t do. “Aigoo… what did I tell you? It’s not your fault…”

The door suddenly opened and a young girl burst in. She was smiling up to her ears and she was totally delighted and happy. “OMMA!!! OOMMMAAAAAA!!!!” She shrieked in glee. She came to my direction and hugged me. “Ommmaaa!!!”

“Well… yeah… She’s been waiting for you for like centuries… She kept on coming back by the counter and asks all the nurses if you’re already awake.”

“Jinjja??”  I was touched. Awe… I guess keeping Luna is something I will never regret. “Where’s haimuni??”

Luna’s eyes popped out widely. “SSHHHH!!!” She said. “Haimuna doesn’t want to be called haimuni… She said Taeyeon omma, still omma. Not haimuni…”

Sooyoung and I laughed at Luna. “Omma… can you stand?” Luna asked.

“The nurse says I can… but why am I in this icky attire??” I was wearing a hospital gown and it was frustrating. I hate hospital gowns. It freaks me out and it so unfashionable.

Just as I was about to stand, someone came in again. I was puzzled at first because the girls who came in looked very similar. They were wearing leather jacket outfits, boots, black miniskirts, and they look alike too. They were in fashionable attires and their hair was dyed in eccentric crazy colors. “Hello Ms. Kim Hyoyeon, we’re your fashion and hair directors here to assist you. I’m Jas and this is my twin Jaz.”

I just stared at them in a shocking expression. Okay… Now I’m confused… Who’s Jaz and Jas again??

“Oh your fashion and hair directors are waiting for you too.” Jaz said to Sooyoung and Luna.

Sooyoung and Luna nodded. “Should we go now?” They asked.

The twins nodded happily.

“Okay, we’ll see you later, okay?” Sooyoung said.

I nodded. “Ahraso…”

Just as my Sooyoung and Luna left, I felt scared to the twins. If I was fashion terrorist… I don’t know what to call these two. They were both pretty and beautiful, and they were Asian American girls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Here we are…” Jaz said. “This is the fashion department and we will be in charge of your dress and your look for tonight.”

“I see…” I said as I sat on a comfy leather chair.

Jas tilted the chair. “I’ll be washing your hair okay? Hm… I’ll be using fine herbal shampoo and condition it with lavender oil to make it soft, smooth, and silky…Are you a natural brown?”

“No… I dyed it in camp.”

“Oh!! The camp! Congratulations that you survived. I hear you were in a tragic accident. But don’t worry about it. Our lab nurses and doctors are the number one in the world. So you don’t have to worry a thing.” Jas giggled as she showered my hair with cold water. “I’m going to start now Miss Kim.”

I nodded.

“Okay… for the nails… I want you to make it plain, simple yet elegant. I want baby pinks, the sheer one then topped it off with French tips, since she has long square nails. I want it to be fresh…” Jaz said. She was talking to two ladies. “They’re our nail directors…” Jaz said to me.

After Jas has finished washing my hair, she adjusted my sit to its normal position again. The nail directors have started tending to my nails.

“Okay…” She said. “Your hair is long, and I won’t be cutting it short. What I will be doing is I’m going to color it blond, give you bangs, a little dark highlights, and I’m giving you layer cuts. Then I will end it up with soft bouncy curls…”

“OOOOO!!” Jaz shrieked. “I love bouncy curls! They are gorgeous!”

“I know right??? Like our haiiirrr!!!” Jas giggled.

“Okay…” I said freakishly.

“Let’s start.” Jas said.

It took hours and hours to get my hair done. My nails were painted beautifully and I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know I had beautiful nails. “Just a little more…” Jas said who was already curling my hair. “There! We’re done.” She said. She turned my chair to face the mirror.

“Omo…” I almost jumped out of my seat. “Is that… me??”

Jas giggled as she nods energetically. “You look beautiful… to think we haven’t done your make up just yet.”

“Leave it to me.” Jaz said as pushes as huge cart towards our direction. “So today, I’ll start out fresh with you. I’m giving you a soft elegant look, more like an heiress aura. I will be mixing icy and soft colors to give you a soft but firm personality. I’ll be giving you warm lax blush colors and bare colored lips.”

I just nodded. “I’ll leave everything to the two of you. To your wonderful hands.” I said.

The twins giggled and blushed. “Oh…. Gosh…. HIHIHIHIIHI!!!” Jaz smiled bashfully.

“By the way, I’ll go pick your clothes by the clothing department. The hospital gown doesn’t fit you dear. It needs to go.” Jas said. She smiled as she left the beauty department.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner

“Ready?? 1…2…3… TADA!!!” The twins surprised me with the way I looked. They unveiled the mirrors so I could take a look of myself in a whole body angle. I was wearing a white off shoulder dress. The cloth was sheer and flowy just like those of goddesses’ clothes and my high heeled shoes were filled with crystal Swarovski.

I couldn’t believe myself. It was the first time I saw myself in a girly manner. “Thank you… but why am I dressed like this again?” I asked.

“Oh! You don’t know?? There’s a dinner party for everyone! It’s held at the bar room! Go now!” Jas said.

“Uhm… Where is it located?” I asked.

“When you exit here, there’s a long hallway right? You just have to turn right in the end of it.”

“Oh… Thank you. I should get going?”

The twins nodded. “See you there!!”

“Is this the last time I will be seeing you?” I asked.

“Later you will find out. Now go on. Run, you’re late!” Jas said to me.

I nodded. “Okay Okay…” I exited.

I followed the twin’s instruction; I walked silently and shyly along the straight and slightly narrowed hallway. The walls were glass from the ceiling up to the floor. I could even see the sky outside, and its already dark. As I walked towards to the end of the hall, I heard someone running behind me. The moment I turned my body, a tall girl with a messy up-do hugged me, her lovely curls falls down to her bold shoulders beautifully.

“Honey!!!” She squealed.

I didn’t know who the girl was… Why is she honey-ing me… I looked into her eyes and… “OMAIGASH!! BABY-AH!!!” I said aloud. “OMO!!! You look different… you look… omg… No words can describe you…I almost didn’t recognize you! Your hair color is different. It’s brown now.”

“And you’re blond. Honestly I didn’t recognize you at first, but when I saw your HAHA!! I told myself… I know those butts… I know to who those butts belongs too. Then everything came to me. Your waste your arms. HAHA!” Sooyoung said.

“YA!!! ert much Sooyoung?”

“Well… kekekeke~ I can’t stop myself.”

“Sooyoung… we better stop staring at each other crazily… Remember… We have Luna.” I said.

“OMMA????”

“Speaking of…” Sooyoung said as we turned. A pretty young girl came to our direction. She was dressed in beige and her hair that used to be blond was now colored in black with purple high lights.

“Ommaaa!!!” She hugged us the moment she reached us.

“Luna?? Your hair is black.” I commented.

“Do you like it??” She asked. She was happy again. “I dyed my hair back at camp with blond right? But I guess black suited me…”

“It suits you perfectly!” I smiled.

The three of us entered the so called bar room. It wasn’t what I expected it to be. It was like a high class bar, the floor was covered in red carpet, servers with cocktail drinks and food were circling again, and then there were a lot of people, especially the survivors of the game. Nicole and Suzy were here too… I spotted some familiar faces too but where are my girls.

“There you are. You three are late…” A lady in a black dress said.

“Oh… Hye Kyo unnie…” I wasn’t shock by the way she looked because she was a total fashion goddess.

“Hyoyeon!! Sooyoung!! Lunaaa!!” Taeyeon squealed as she dragged Sunny towards us. “OUR BABIES!!!!”

Taeyeon and Sunny hugged us tightly like we haven’t seen them before. “It’s good to see that you are fine…” Taeyeon said to me.

“Where are the others??” Sunny asked.

“They’re with Je Eun, let’s go.” Hye Kyo said as she directed us towards a table where my friends were already seated and they were smiling and laughing. “WAH!!!! You’re hereee!!! You guys are thirty minutes lateee!!!” Yuri said.

“Hi!” I greeted.

“HYOYEON-HUNNIIIEEEE!!!!!!” Tiffany said excitingly. She couldn’t hug me because she was in the other side of the table.

“Take a seat. We have to discuss something.” A woman said. She was short, her hair was in bob cut style and she had straight bangs. She looked like some cartoon character to be honest… But I just can’t point out whom.

We joined my sisters and we started to anticipate the good news. “Well… Congratulations… You’re hired under my organization.” The woman said.

“Wait… You mean… Nicole and Suzy are different from us?” Taeyeon asked.

The woman nodded. “The camp where you came from is where mafia all over the world gets women spies to work for them.”

“You mean… they have other bosses that are the same as you?” Yuri asked.

“Yeh… There are a lot of bosses right now in this room. But just head bosses and not the head of the organization itself. They never reveal themselves.”

“Have you met ours?” I asked.

She nodded honestly. “By the way, to formally introduce myself. I’m Madame Giry and I will be your commandeering boss. Our Organization’s name is called Generation. Generation has been alive since 1875 and we are one of the known organizations in the mafia world.”

All of us just nodded as we listen. “So… Are you ready for the contracts? And your jobs? First of all I have several job openings for everyone.” She grabbed as large envelope and she took out pieces of papers. “Here are your contracts…” She gave us a piece of paper and our name was actually printed to it. “I shall discuss important points with you. In this contract it states that you will have the free will to choose you jobs, your lifestyle, and your path. This is the gift that everyone has been saying in camp. The freedom will.”

“Omo… so we’re totally free??” Sunny asked.

“Free in terms of life but you still work for us. So, every month, you may receive a salary that is as high as 500,000USD up to million. Depends on the mission being given, so you may read the terms and condition and sign your names below.”

“We have free medical needs?” Yoona asked.

Madame Giry nodded. “We pay for your medical needs. Example you got hurt or what, the organization pays for it. Honestly, your life is ensured already.”

“Wow…” Sooyoung said.

“But… wait… we can’t look for our real family?” Jessica asked.

“Yes… Of course when you’re free and you’re living outside, you can’t look for your real family because it’s crucial… Mafia shouldn’t be known. If you try looking for your family, the mafia might kill them or you… so be careful.”

We began to read the terms and condition of the contract and so far it was good and beneficial to us so we started signing our contracts.

“For the job… Would you like to be in camp?”

“NO…” Everyone said in unison.

Madame Giry laughed. “Just as I thought… What plans do you have?”

“Okay… since we are nine and we had an addition to our family. On behalf of my childr- I mean sisters… I’ll be the one to speak up.” Taeyeon said. “We are planning to live together in a house, we are planning to put up our own bar and resto grill if ever… and we accept to work with your organization as long as the years that was stated in the contract. We’re accepting your offer to be citizens by day but spies by night… but I’m only wishing for one… and that’s for us to have a peaceful life, seamless life that is out of fear, and freedom to do our own will… also. I want Luna out of this.”

“Huh??” Luna reacted. “What do you mean? I signed the contract.”

Taeyeon looked at her. “You did but…”

“We have decided not to let you do spy activities that could hurt you. We decided to let you live a normal life of a teenager. You’re going to school like any normal kids does…” I said.

“But-“

“I’m-“Madam Giry was about to speak but Taeyeon cut her off.

“Wait…” I cut everyone off. “Sooyoung and I made that decision, and we’ve talked to our sisters about it and we all agreed to it. We adopted Luna and we are in charge of her… I’m sorry, I’m her mom, and that’s my final say.” I said.

My sisters smiled especially Taeyeon omma. She has the most victorious smile among us. Now I truly understand how Taeyeon feels about us as her children. She was proud of me of us and it was the best we could do for Luna.

“Ahraso…” Madam Giry said as she collects our contracts. “Later this evening…” Madam Giry looked at her watch. “Thirty minutes before midnight, a jet plane will be waiting for you and you will be sent to Seoul, Korea back to your homeland. Your papers and everything are fixed, passports, birth certificates, and identity will be given later at the plane. Someone in the airport will be waiting for you and she will be your trusted adviser. Also, remember your stylists from earlier? From now on, they will be the ones who will fix your images and your styles so they will be with you.”

We nodded happily and we got extremely excited about the thought of it.

“Wait… Where are we going to stay in Korea?” Jessica asked. Well… Good question.

“Ladies, you will stay in a hotel first, and then we will go on a city tour, top tourist destinations in Korea. Then we will discuss where you want to live and settle yourselves.” Je Eun said.

“Waaa….” I squeaked. “I’m so excited…”

“Also think of a name for your group by the way…” Hye Kyo said.

My sisters and I looked at each other. “What nam???”

“I don’t know; think of a name that could suit you. You can think about it later. For now… Welcome to Generation.” Je Eun said as she shook all of our hands and welcomed us.

“That’s all ladies. Enjoy the evening and see you in Seoul.” Madam Giry stood up and one by one she shook our hands as we close our negotiations with her. We watched Madam Giry, Je Eun, and Hye Kyo walked off to greet and talk to other guests and people.

“Oh my gosh…” Tiffany said. “I can’t believe it…I can’t believe this is happening to us…We’re going to Seoul… We’re going home…”

“Omo… I love you guys…” Taeyeon giggled. “Girls, Generation can be-“

“Wait… Girls Generation?… Do you think that name is okay??” Tiffany asked.

“Hmm…?” Yuri thought. “I think it’s a cute name… Girls Generation… G-Generation, GG… It’s cute!”

“Why don’t we call ourselves Girls Generation instead??” Yoona suggested.

“Then Girls Generation it is…” Taeyeon smiled.

“Girls Generation is a good name…” Hye Kyo said as she popped out behind us. “Je Eun and I are called G-Force.” She laughed. “I’m so happy for you…” She said.

“Thank you so much…” Taeyeon said. “For everything…”

“It will be a long lifetime for us…Welcome again to Generation…”

“Unnie… Are you coming with us to Seoul later?” I asked.

Hye Kyo nodded. “Of course we are. We’re touring Korea… at the same time… we’re going to get new sets of children… again…”

We were surprised. “WHAT?!?!?!?!!?”

“I’m sorry… We have no choice…”

“Wait… this is so sudden… I can’t… we can’t do that…” Tiffany said. She was almost teary eyed.

“Ssshhh…” Taeyeon calmed Tiffany down. “Your make-up hun… It will be alright. We’re saving these children… we’ll do our best to save them…”

“I hope we could save them… five years Taeyeon… five years before the bloodbath battle…” Hye Kyo said.

“We will see what we can…” Taeyeon assured.

“When we get to Korea, we will have a lot of fun.” Hye Kyo giggled and smiled excitingly.

“Wait… what about Nicole and Suzy??” I asked.

“We don’t know what their plans are… but I heard they chose to live in Taiwan…”

“Really??” We asked.

“Wait… we can choose our country?” Jessica questioned.

Hye Kyo unnie nodded but she was flashing a questionable face. “You didn’t know? I thought you chose Korea?”

“We did??” Jessica asked again.

“Yeh… I chose Korea since we all belonged there…” Taeyeon said. “Why??”

“Ohh… I see I see…keke…. Nothing.” Jessica smiled.

“Okay. I shall leave you for now and enjoy the glamorous evening. See you later ladies.”

 

“Today it’s Girls Generation…”

“Right now it’s Girls Generation…”

“Tomorrow it’s Girls Generation…”

“Forever… it’s Girls Generation…”

 

 

~Jet Plane~

Have you packed your bags? Are you ready to go?

Is going back to their Hometown the best decision?

Find out more~~ :)

 

 

 

Sorry it took me so long to update

I'm not quite sure if you guys liked this Chapter,

But I'll be honest. It's my weakest one,

but it's how it should be...

But I promise to write my best on the next, I'll think more deeply.

Kahmsamnida! >.<