Chapter07: One True Nine

Hooters [on Hiatus]

One True Nine

~Game’s head quarter space~

~Sooyoung~

I bit my lip just as I walked in a weird hallway. Everything looked like those you see in movies. People were wearing white laboratory coats and they were busy with stuff, I guess it was because of the Island Break Out. They said that my friends ruined the game’s system but I don’t know how to react to it. Right now I’m heading towards the Sanatorium Wing where I think everyone ia located. As I walked my way I can’t help but wonder why everything looked like a hospital/laboratory. I don’t know what should I call it? But it’s pretty weird and awesome at the same time.

Just as I reached the Sanatorium, there were nurses and doctors everywhere, I quickly walked in but suddenly someone stopped me. “Sooyoung.” It was Hye Kyo unnie.

“Unnie…” I didn’t know why but I suddenly became emotional to the point I hugged her. I immediately broke free but she didn’t refuse my hug, instead she comforted me.

“Don’t think about what happened. Don't stress yourself. How are you feeling?? Uhm...about the island, I don’t know what the bosses are talking about but I am seriously nervous…”

“Unnie, I'm feeling okay. Why?”

“You guys destroyed the Island… and I don’t know what they will do…”

“It doesn’t matter, what matter most to me now is how are Jessica and Hyoyeon doing? Where are they? I must see them…”

“Hyoyeon is in the operating room, do you know that her back was crushed. She honestly came to the hospital dead… But I’m hoping for more miracles. Some parts of her back spine and rib cages were crushed and some were broken...”

“WHAT?!?!” I said aloud. “Then where’s Luna?? Jessica?? My family??”

“Jessica, she’s undergoing some respiratory examination, Luna, she’s fine and she’s with your… family.”

“Where are they? I must see them…” I begged. If there is someone I want to see, it’s them. No one else.

“Sooyoung!!” A voice said.

I turned my head and in my surprise my longing was heard. “Omma!!” I immediately hugged Taeyeon. Oh my gosh! I couldn’t help but feel relief and safe for the very first time. Then my sisters came in one by one and lastly I saw a precious little one who just smiled as she came in.

“Omma…” Luna’s small voice said. She came and hugged me. Well… Luna was auh? The new adopted child of Hyoyeon and I but currently my Hyoyeon is under something and I still fear for her.

“Finally…” Taeyeon huffed. “We’re together…and there’s an addition to our family.”

“We’re not going to separate right?” Luna asked anxiously.

“No, honey…” Taeyeon assured. “Hye Kyo unnie, I’m sorry if-“

“Save the apology.” Hye Kyo said. “But swear it was totally brilliant!” She smiled.

“How’s Hyoyeon and Jessica?” Tiffany asked.

Hye Kyo shook her head. “I have no news just yet.”

“Ladies, there you are. Come to the office. Someone wants to talk to you.” Je Eun said as she appeared out of nowhere, she was scary and totally serious as if she’s on the loose again to command and kill.

“Why? Who?? Who’s calling?” Hye Kyo asked worriedly. If I’d compare Je Eun and Hye Kyo unnie, I’d say that Hye Kyo was the one who was sweeter and shows more emotions than Je Eun unnie. But even if Je Eun acts stiff and serious and strict, I know deep down she has a heart, because I believe ones personality is reflected to no other than your friends. You are who your friends are.

“The boss…” Je Eun raised her brow.

Hye Kyo shook her head. “YA! YA!” She stopped Je Eun. “Are you crazy?? Why does the boss want from them??”

“Moolah…” She said straight.

“I’m coming along…” Hye Kyo said. She sounded like a protective mother. More superior than our omma… She could apply as our grandmother. Kekeke…

“Suit yourself…”

We followed Je Eun to the elevators of the head quarter and then we ascended to the top most floor of the game’s headquarter building. Inside the elevator, we were all quiet, we didn’t say a word, and all of us felt nervous and anxious, I really hope nothing bad happens. Gosh…

*Ding!*

We finally reached the floor. This is it… the moment of truth. Are we going to get punished? Are we going to be killed? Are we going to die?

“Wait here… One thing, the boss who you will be meeting isn’t the highest boss of our syndicate organization, but he’s our boss. He is the one who communicates with the highest rank. The highest rank doesn’t reveal himself. Only one person knows who he is and that’s our boss.” Je Eun explained. “I’m telling you this so you would know…” Then she went inside the office and we waited in fear outside.

“Unnie… I’m scared…” Seohyun said to Hye Kyo.

“Don’t be… Let’s hope for the best… I’m in your side…” Hye Kyo said calmly.

Je Eun came back and she signaled us to come in.

I was honestly scared to go inside but instead Luna held my hand warmly. “Omma… I think it will be fine…” She smiled sweetly. Looking at Luna this way, I guess Victoria was totally lucky to have her as a daughter. No wonder Victoria survived this far, because right now I’d say that I will do the same for her. It was as if I finally understood how our Taeyeon omma feels, and all along I thought sometimes she’s just over reacting. So it’s true what they say, you can’t understand something unless you’re the one experiencing it.

Together we entered the office. The office looked like…well? A typical office, red carpet floor, glass windows, fully furnished room, and books over the shelves, huge vases with weird plants, guards were also inside, and finally the boss. The leather chair was actually facing the wall, the boss sounded like he was talking with someone over a phone. Wait… huh? It’s not a he… but it’s a she?? The boss is a lady??

“Ahraso…” The woman said as she hanged up and then she turned her chair to face us.

My eyes grew extremely large as if I saw a ghost but not that I really saw one but I can’t help myself but laugh? I didn’t expect the boss would look like this? She was small… She reminded me of… of… Edna Mode from the Incredibles. I stopped myself from laughing and I noticed my friends were shocked as well.

“So…You know what you have done…” The small woman said as she placed her phone down. “We have considered some punishments.”

“Ma’am, I-“ Hye Kyo said.

The woman suddenly raised her hand over to Hye Kyo. “But…we were impressed. No one has ever done something like that before, so instead of executing all of you, we decided to keep you and your talents. So in exchange we have job offers and choices for you. How many are you? 9?”

“Ten.” I said.

“Ten? But I remembered the exact was nine?” The woman looked at Je Eun with her brows raised.

“It’s ten. You have mistaken the number.” Taeyeon said.

I hugged Luna tighter. I won’t take no for an answer.

The woman looked at Luna. She knows Luna wasn’t really part of us. “Okay. Who’s the team’s representative?”

Taeyeon raised her hand.

“Ahraso… Leave… I’ll speak with her.”

The guards inside the office suddenly forced us all to leave the office. We were pushed out. The people who are left inside are Taeyeon omma, Je Eun and Hye Kyo unnie. I hope everything goes well.

“I’m so scared…” Yoona blurted. “I can’t do this… what if something happens to omma inside?”

“No, impossible…Our coaches are inside and I’m sure nothing bad will happen.” Sunny said.

We waited outside in vain. We didn’t know what was happening inside and we didn’t know what they were talking about. But I only hope Taeyeon omma makes a great decision. I trust her. She’ll make good choices.

“Omma… What do you think will happen after this?” Luna asked.

Suddenly I myself have thought the same. “I don’t know, but if ever we get out of here, we will live together.”

“Together together?” Luna asked. “As in together?”

“Yeh…With us. With them…” I said.

“So… we have a niece.” Yuri said. She smiled happily. “Welcome to the family.” My sisters said.

Well, this is how we are, despite of the bad things happening in our lives, we will always find good points and reason to smile.

The door of the office suddenly opened and Taeyeon just came out. She looked? I don’t know. I couldn’t explain her facial expression. She looked shocked, she was smiling? And she was shaking.

“Omma… What? What happened?” Sunny asked as she held on Taeyeon’s shoulders.

Taeyeon was slightly teary eyed. “We’re finally going to be free… We’re finally going to have a life…We're finally going to be together...”

“Jinjja??” My sisters said in unison. We couldn’t believe it. Was she serious? Am I dreaming??

Taeyeon nodded. “But… there’s more… our job requires us… something else… Hye Kyo and Je Eun unnie will be discussing it with us, but for now we are going to face freedom.”

The door opened again, Hye Kyo and Je Eun came out. “Ladies, this evening, we will be having a dinner celebration along with our boss. We will discuss everything later and the contract signing will also be held later.”

“What? What contract??” Taeyeon asked. “We didn’t agree to any contract…”

“Calm down… it’s just the agreements and conditions and it will all be discussed over the table. You can voice out your thoughts later too if you want since you’re our talent…” Je Eun said.

“I don’t trust this dinner…” Seohyun said.

“We will be there…” Hye Kyo guaranteed.

“I have a bad feeling too…” I said. “No offense…”

“Trust me… trust us like you did before the games.” Hye Kyo said.

“Ya…we did but you know, I almost regret I trusted you. We almost died…” Taeyeon said irritatingly.

“But you didn’t…” Je Eun said. “It’s what you call surviving and fighting for the people you love, which reminds me…Are the two of your members willing to live? Follow me.”

Omo… Hyoyeon and Jessica…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=Hyoyeon=

Excruciating pain were all I could feel. I want to die right now and I can’t take it anymore. It was as if my bones were being shaved or what. I don’t know. I couldn’t explain my feelings but all I can say right now is I’m suffering. The pain was up to my limits and my eyes are unconsciously crying.

“Hyoyeon…” Someone said. I felt her touched my hand the one without the dextrose. “Baby…It’s me…”

Yes I know who you are. I can hear you. I can understand you. But I can’t speak. I can’t move. I can’t open my eyes.

“It’s Sica unnie…”

Unnie… I’m hurt. I’m in pain…

Hot tears were now flowing from my eyes and then I felt a warm pair of hands wiped my tears away. “I’m here baby… be strong… remember? Our dreams together… to live together…”

“Hyoyeon??” Another voice said. “Jessica!! You’re okay?? You’re alive!!”

Suddenly I heard many voices, not just one, two, three, and I know to whom those voices belonged to… my sisters, my mother, and my appa Sunny.

All of them touched my hand, my face, and I felt Taeyeon omma kissed my forehead. My tears were now streaming none stop. I was sobbing and it pained me the more, it was like my chest has been gripped and my bones are rubbing against each other.

Suddenly someone touched my hand. I couldn’t quite tell who she was. I’m not familiar of the way she touched me and how she smelled. But the moment she spoke my heart melted. “Omma…” It was the voice of our baby Luna. “Omma… hwaiting… It’s me… Luna. Please be healthy omma… we have a long and happy life ahead of us. Right?”

With her message to me, it made my heart melt. It gave me a stronger reason to fight.

If only I could speak… If only I could open my eyes… If only I could move… I want to move. I must move.

I tried to twitch my fingers but I can’t. It just makes me feel frustrated. Ergh…

“What happened? Why is she not awake?” Taeyeon asked. “Is she comatose?”

“No. This is the effect of the pain reliever we injected and the resting drug we gave her. She’s conscious if I’m not mistaken. She can actually hear you. Don’t worry much the effect of the injectibles will fade in half an hour.” Someone said. I bet it was the doctor who was talking. “So, I’ll leave you for a while.”

Suddenly just as the doctor left, I heard the YoonYul twins murmur, then Taeyeon omma and Sunny appa were talking, and suddenly-

“Sica my love!” A voice said. I know it was Tiffany’s voice.

“oof!” Jessica expressed as if she was being hugged tightly. “Fany-ah… I’m choking…”

“Omo… Sica… I’m so sorry. It’s my entire fault, I shouldn’t have left you and I am so sorry…”

“Left? What are you talking about? I should thank you because you saved me… swear, if it weren’t for you. Maybe I’m dead. You didn’t leave me okay?? Stop blaming yourself…”

“No Sica… I didn’t know how to save you…”

“It doesn’t matter because you have saved me…”

Suddenly I heard a sound, a faint smacking sound. I didn’t know if they kissed or what but it sounded like a kiss for the forehead.

“Hyoyeon-ah… quickly get up, we’re finally free…” Someone whispered. It was Sooyoung. “We have a kid to take care of, we have a new life ahead… and I simply won’t do these things alone right? You said you’d stay by our side right? So if I were you, quickly open your eyes. I want to see them…I miss you Hyo…”

Sooyoung… I badly want to open my eyes as well. I miss your stare… I miss all of you… But not until thirty minutes.

“Ladies… time to go…” A voice said.

Huh? What? Go? Where?? No… Don’t go… Don’t leave me…

“We’ll come back after thirty minutes…” Taeyeon omma said. “Promise…”

Okay… A Promise… I’ll hang on to that… Thirty minutes…Just thirty minutes…Huhu...

Taeyeon Omma...

 

 

Thirty Minutes