Chapter04: Survival Wars

Hooters [on Hiatus]

->CHAPTER04: HOOTERS<-

“Survival Wars”

On 3…2…1… *BOOM!*

~Taeyeon’s POV~

taeyeon.jpg

After hearing a loud bang I woke up and shot straight right up in a sitting position. I looked around and I was unfamiliar with the place where I was. Lush of green trees were around me like a forest, and worst …what’s with the black sleek attire? It’s slightly tight but warm along with a raincoat jacket. I couldn’t remember much of what happened and all that I can recall was I fell unconscious beside my girls, but where are they now, and where am I…

 

“DING! Good day ladies, Welcome to the 2009th Survival Wars.

There are three categories in this game: Survival of the fittest, Survival Camouflage, & Survival Wars.

Survival of the fittest is simply surviving without doing anything.

Survival Camouflage is surviving by hiding.

Lastly Survival Wars is killing your opponents.

Each one of you is scattered in this island, it’s up to you how you will survive.

There are no particular rules in this game but everyone must reach a certain points to win and be out of this game.

Killing an opponent cost 200 points.

Surviving for 2 days cost 50 points.

Endurance and Nature Battles cost 100 points.

To win and survive the game one must have an exactly 1000 points.

Your coaches will message you in a short while…

Goodluck!”

 

“What the….” I mumbled under my breath. So this is the last challenge?!?!?! What the heck?!

“Taeyeon? Taeyeon??” The sound came from her wrist where a watch like device was attached. “Taeyeon, do you hear me??”

“YA!” I said angrily. “HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME! I TRUSTED YOU!”

“Calm down, this is the last challenge. I warned you about it right.” Hye Kyo said.

“I should have done what we were planning!”

“What’s the plan? Hop on a helicopter and run off? Let’s say you guys managed to escape. You won’t still live a peaceful life because “his” (referring to their mafia boss) people and guards will follow you wherever you go. It’s Mafia. You can die without any trace. This is the safest plan!” Hye Kyo explained.

I started to cry and buried her face in my palms. “This plan leads us to death…Where are my girls?” I feel helpless and weak without them. I simply can’t do this without them.

“That question is what I cannot answer. But I’m here to coach you on how you will survive. After this first twenty minutes of talking to you, you cannot communicate with me anymore. But you can hear me talk from time to time. I will guide you. So listen, when I was there back in 2003, the strategy that I used was nature and camouflage. Don’t ever run into anyone because that person might kill you, if you have 101% trust in your members you may create allies. Get me?”

“Okay…”

“But I suggest it’s easier to survive alone because you won’t think of anyone but yourself. It’s what Je Eun and I did. Here’s the thing. Hunting is number one in surviving. Then do you remember your Herbology lesson? Some of the plants here are poisonous. Don’t end up eating it. The game may sometimes bring all the players in one place, remember to run away ASAP. Never join the blood bath if there will be one. Don’t try to find the ends of the place to escape because there’s a strong electric field that wraps the island, try to touch the field and you will die. One thing, if you have gained for example 200 points and the person you killed got 300, you will gain the points of the person that you have killed, so you will have 700 points in total. 200 from your points, 300 from the victim, and 200 for killing the opponent. But I don’t suggest you to kill though it’s the fastest way to win. Got me? The tactic of the game may change from time to time; even I don’t know what can happen.”

“Okay. I won’t kill anyone. I’m not a killer. Uhm…Have you talked to my girls?” I asked with concern.

“I will be talking to them after this message. So for the mean time relax and stay alert. Don’t die. If you hear a loud bang it’s the signal that the game has already started. Keep an eye out because there are useful things that are scattered along the ground, trees, river, and everywhere especially your starting base. Okay?  Fight for those who you love, remember that...” *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPP*

“Hello??” I said over the device. “Hello?? Hye Kyo unnie??”

The line went off. Oh gosh… how will I get through this? Though this is a blood bath game, I wonder why my hair is styled into a high pony tail with curls at the end of my strands. “Hmm… not bad I guess?…” I said while I touch it.

I started to walk the forest grounds while waiting for that bang that Hye Kyo unnie said. “Ah…jinjja…” I grunted.

One thing I know for sure… I will find my babies whatever it takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Seohyun’s POV~

seohyun.jpg

~I want you back, you back. I want you back, yeah yeah…”

 

A hologram suddenly appeared in front of me.

It was a list of names of participants along with our numbers.

We were numbered from 1-27,

And I was number 16.

Behind my suit a huge number 16 was embedded.

 

*BANG!*

For the very first time ever I felt different and helpless without my friends. Oh gosh… I woke up (I don’t know how many minutes have passed already) beside a river bed. There were bunch of fishes swimming over the water. I was tempted to fish for maybe I might end up finding my girls and have some food to share with them.

 

But first, I think I have to find useful things that are scattered along the floor. Maybe luck will be on my side this time and find something helpful. Inspecting and finding isn’t really my thing, I guess Jessica unnie is so lucky, I bet she found a lot of useful things already.

I walked along a trail that leads to a forest. Large trees were everywhere. I don’t know if there are animals around but I hope there is, I think hunting a rabbit will be nice for dinner.

Bzzzk Bzzk… Bzzzzzk Bzzzk…

“What was that…” I mumbled to myself. I heard a weird electric static sound. I walked swiftly and followed the sound to where it leads. Until...

I end up in a dead end cliff and there I saw the deep waters below splashing wildly on to a bed of rocks. I couldn’t see the electric static that I was hearing but it grew louder this time.

“Don’t jump or throw anything through the air. You’re location is at the edge of the island. You are facing the electric field. Don’t do anything that will harm you. Run back in.” A voice came from the device in my wrist, and it was Je Eun’s voice.

I obeyed and walked away. While walking, my eyes were glued on the ground, looking for things that can be useful.

From afar something sparked and caught my eyes. I immediately went to see what it was. Under a huge tall tree was where the spark came from. I dug into the dirt hoping to find something like a lighter or a flashlight. I thought the item would be small but I end up dusting off a steal handle and I don’t quite understand what this is. I pulled the handle out from the ground and there popped a huge thing.

I dusted the material that was covered in dirt. Oh my…“A medium sized bow” I whispered to myself. “This is better than what I was thinking… But where are the arrows??”

I went back to the hole and looked for the arrows. I tried to dug some more until- “OUCH!” blood dripped out of my index finger. “YEY!” I told myself. I yanked the tip of the arrow using my other hand. In my surprise, the arrow was bundled in one. I exactly have five arrows.

*Crunch*

I heard some cracked leaves and branches from the ground like someone has stepped on it. I rapidly stood up and looked around. I knew someone was there.

My heart started to race and fear crash into me. “OH GOSH!” I gasped.

Someone grasped my arm tightly. “Shhh….” The girl said to me. Her eyes stared into me and her beauty was very exquisite, though we were wearing this tacky little outfit, her beauty made it possible to make it look fashionable.

Han Sunhwa, she was one of our closest friends in camp. She was the kindest and the most understanding person I know. She always thinks of others first before herself, and she once saved me in camp. “Sunhwa unnie…” I whispered and hugged her.

“We have to run… She’s out to get us.” She said in a soft tone manner.

“Who??” I asked.

Suddenly through the air we saw a knife flying like a saucer, this time it was aiming my way.

“SEOHYUN LOOK OUT! “ Sunhwa screamed at me, all of a sudden she hugged me. “Acckk-“ She gasped.

In my arms she froze like ice and her breath cut off, she fell into my embrace and I was extremely unmoving. “Unnie?? Unnie?!?!” I said fearfully, my hands were shaking and in extreme revulsion, a knife was sticking behind her. It sliced through her back and was half buried in her body. Blood started to flow from her suit.

I pulled the knife out and blood burst through, the number 20 that was colored in white was now crimson red. My hands were now covered in blood and fear struck me big time. I dropped the knife onto the ground and looked down onto Sunhwa’s loving face as I lay her head onto my lap. “No no no…” I said helplessly. I started to cry as I heave her hair away from her face. “Please don’t leave me… please…”

“Get my points.” She coughed. Blood came out from and it started to drip through her sweet delicate lips.

“Don’t leave me just yet…” I said to her. I hugged her tight.

Sunhwa with her remaining strength reached for me face. “Maknae…go find your unnies…you’ll be safe with them…”

*Tit! Tit!* A sound came from somewhere.

“Wow that was quick! I gained 200 points.” A girl said as she looked into her device.

She was up above a large tree standing on a large branch. She held onto the trunk for support. “Oh it’s you. I never knew winning was this easy? Where’s your so called mommy?” The girl asked. “What’s her name again??”

She was an Asian looking Chinese that I couldn’t explain. But I remember she was one of my classmates back in assassination101 and she’s one of the aggressive girls I know. “Awe…poor baby seo… alone with no one to save her…I feel bad that you can’t say your last goodbyes to your friends, how about to your dying friend instead?”

Well… yes… No one was here to save me this time. But when it comes to someone I love, I know how to fight and defend. I gripped hard on my steal bow’s handle that was lying beside me. “Not quite…” I said as I grit my teeth and readied myself. 

The girl jumped off from the branch, she had another knife in her hand and she was ready to throw it against me. Swiftly I grabbed my bow beside me, I made my aim and within split seconds I let go of my string. I watched my arrow fly and just like that it burst into her neck, the point of my arrow pierced through her veins and out to the other end. Like a bird being shot she fell onto the ground. I watched her gasp and jab the arrow that was stuck in her neck, and seconds passed she was drowning in her own blood.

*Tit! Tit!*

On my device appeared 400pts.

“I got your points…” I said to Sunhwa.

“Don’t leave me…” She said as she tightens her grip on my hand.

“I’m here” I said responding to her touch. “But…It can’t bring you back…I want you back…” I said in a sob.

Sunhwa smiled faintly, blood was flowing from her back and from . “Thank you… My love… and hopes… with you-…” She said under her breath. “Win for me...loving Seohyun…” She was starting to gasp for air.

I shook my head. “No...”

“This is-the last time…I-I- can- save you-…I’ll be with… you- al…ways-” Her final breath came. A tear dropped from her eyes into my hand as her touch slipped away from my palms. Her eyes gently flushed and peacefully she slept like an angel.

*toot*

On my device number 20 and number 26 disappeared.

I cried and hugged Sunhwa unnie’s lifeless body. No…. No…

Han_Sun_Hwa-01.jpg

“Han Sunhwa…

Like a rose full of radiance, love, and exquisite beauty.

A warrior who twice saved my life in exchange for hope.”

I hugged my friend and kissed her forehead gently, and for the last time I stare into her beautiful face as my tears drip down onto her marble cheek. “I’ll win for you…” I said. I gently lay her head on a rock and placed both of her hands together. 

And like Snow White…

She looked like she was waiting for her prince to come and wake her from her deep sleep.

How I wish it was true.

 

Where’s my unnies… I want and need them badly…

 

HOOTERS

Chapter04.01: *Survival Wars*

eHJsYXpzMTI=_o_mv-snsd-girls-generation-
Sooyoung's POV (SooHyo Couple)
Jessica POV (JeTi Couple)

Will you fight and survive for the ones you love?

Will you fight at all cost in exchange of your life??
How do you plan to say goodbye?

more to come in Chapter04.01