Chapter02: Puzzled

Hooters [on Hiatus]

->CHAPTER02<-

=PUZZLED=

 

The girls are still puzzled,

they don't know where they are about to be sent,

they don't know what will happen on their last day at camp,

so here's what they did...

 

 

 “Good day ladies of dorm#9.,

 

                             I personally congratulate everyone for passing the training program. As a reward, there will be an evening gala tonight as a celebration for your nine years of hard work. Your clothes and dresses will be delivered in your dorms and you are free to choose your shoes and accessories by the beauty department.

 

P.S.

When you’re done packing, leave your luggages outside your dorm room,

The authorities will be the one to accumulate and deliver for tomorrow's move out venue.

                                                                                               Last goodbye and thank you.

See you tonight.”

 

Taeyeon read out the note to her members. “I have a weird feeling about this…” She said.

 

“I really have a feeling there is something going on…” Jessica threw her luggage over the floor.

 

“What do you think would happen??” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Okay, so tonight is the gala night, I want everyone to wear killer heels and use accessories of crystals and diamonds.” Seohyun instructed. “Big and sharp ones…”

 

Yuri smiled slyly. “I know why…”

 

“Let’s change into something casual ladies…” Sunny said. “We have some plans to do…”

 

Heels and diamonds are a girl’s best friend.

But here in camp, your life would depend on them…

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHAPTER02.01: PUZZLED

“Escapee 2003”

“OT9, SUNYEON”

“Here…” Taeyeon said as she secretly gave out small sharp blades to her members that were shaped in a star.

 

Sooyoung’s jaw dropped open. “Omma… Where did you get this? We are not allowed to have sharp objects with us…” Sooyoung said. “If we get caught we’re in huge trouble…”
 

“Your loving maknae and unnie Jessica helped me sneak to the weapon room last night.” Taeyeon whispered. “This is our last chance to escape, tonight, after the gala celebration, we will find a way out, because we don't know where they are taking us tomorrow...”

 

The others were surprised. “Aigoo! Are you crazy?! What if something happened?!” Sunny said.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Appa…Did anything happen?? Ya! Those are for self-defences… You don’t know what could happen today. It’s the last day of training, so it. Protect yourselves.” The girls love playing the "Parents and Children Role" because they grew up without a family and they've been dependent on each other ever since. Taeyeon is the eldest among the nine that is why she's the omma while Sunny is called appa because she's one of the closest to Taeyeon and she usually does the hard job.

 

“Gather ‘round unnies!…uhm… Here’s my plotted outline of the second floor building ground. Here’s Je Eun’s office where the building’s map and fire escape route is located. Here’s our que and direction of how to get in.” Seohyun said pointing towards the sketch that she made.

 

“Do you think there’s CCTV?” Yoona asked.

 

“Sister, we will be handling the CCTV by the monitoring room…” Hyoyeon smirked. “Sooyoung and I will pretend to have a shift by 2:30 this afternoon. We’ll try to freeze the frame while the time is running.”

 

“And the girls on duty?” Jessica asked.

 

“It’s been taken care already.” Tiffany giggled. “I made sleeping cupcakes and gave it to them, so I believe it has taken effect by now…”

 

“Awe...You’re really a smart cupcake, aren’t you??” Jessica teased Tiffany as she pinched her cheek lightly. “So, we only have exactly thirty minutes to get what we need. The key to this is efficiency and trooper twins you will be guarding the door.” Jessica said to Yuri and Yoona.

 

“Then… Jessica and Seohyun will lead us to the entrance. While Sunny… you and me will get what we need and…. Tiffany, auh?? You do what you do best.” Taeyeon said, she laughed for she didn’t know what Tiffany would do.

 

“Ya Omma!!” Tiffany pouted. “Why am I always left with nothing to do??”

 

Everyone laughed. “Well, it’s not that we are leaving you behind. It’s just you work best during the middle of the mission. You always surprise us.”

 

“Okay…?? But we are not there to get the map itself, we are there to sketch and have our own copy.” Tiffany smiled. Though Tiffany is the least person to be given a task, never under estimate this girl who owns a warm loving eye smile. She has her own ways of surprising her friends and she never ran out of plans.

 

Taeyeon smiled. “So it’s show time…”

 

“Oooh la la la la… La la la la… Ohhh la la la…

Hide and Seek no every night,

Matataku star no Satellite, Motto ikiji hoshikunai
Nakayoku yarimashou nakama janai”

 

Yuri and Yoona started to walk silently along the halls while Hyoyeon and Sooyoung went to the monitoring room.

 

"Ya! Choi Sooyoung!" Hyoyeon said as she operates the monitors inside the monitoring room.

"SHH! I'm concentrating..." Sooyoung said. She opened a power box inside the room. "Shoot! I never knew it was this complicated..."

 

Hyoyeon clicked a green button by the operating system. "This will hold us, but not for long... we got one minute on the clock and quick! We must shut some of the systems..."

 

"PRESSURE!!!" Sooyoung expressed. "It's not this one... the green wire is for... and the blue goes with.... and the red is..."

 

"OMO!! Quick!!!" Hyoyeon panicked.

 

"WAIT!" Sooyoung hushed. "I CAN'T REMEMBER OUR LESSON!!! MY MIND GOT BLOCKED!!!" But not a moment so soon the system they wanted to shut down, shut off itself.

 

"Huh???" Sooyoung thought. "How did that-??"

 

Both of them watched the CCTV video of TV#9. They saw Tiffany sneaked in the power plant room and and opened some power boxes. She started to switch some wires and she turned off some of the switches. "Wow... I told you that girl is something..." Hyoyeon laughed.

 

Both of them smiled and looked at each other.

 

"Ehem..." Hyoyeon said, breaking off the awkward stare. "Let's do what we have to do. Freeze the monitor and let the time run."
 

 

Meanwhile....

 

Jessica, Seohyun, Taeyeon, and Sunny went to the laundry room that was located at the ground floor.

 

Jessica locked the laundry room with a broom and a chair. She stood guard by the entrance while Seohyun, Taeyeon, and Sunny pushed the large steel shelf that contains neatly folded fresh blankets, pillow cases, and bed sheets. Behind it was a small rusty vent. Seohyun and Taeyeon with all their might pulled the steel screen.

 

“So, Taeyeon and Sunny, this vent tunnel leads to the office of Je Eun. You have exactly thirty minutes to do this. Je Eun has assassination101 class from 2:30 to 3:00, and usually after class she comes back to her office. Clear??” Jessica instructed.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny nodded. “Crystal!”

 

“Go!” Seohyun said. “Oh, you’ll need this…” Seohyun gave them a small flashlight to lead their way.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny went into the vent. They perfectly fit the small cube size tunnel. The inside was dark, cold, and very dusty. It smelled like old rust and the surface was slightly moist. Taeyeon clipped the flashlight between her lips and together they crawled inside this small tunnel cube like structure.

 

“Omma… I never knew your is that y.” Sunny said as she notices Taeyeon’s .

 

“Appa… This is not the time to do that.” Taeyeon laughed. “Stop yourself!”

 

“WHOOOO!!!! GOO OMMA AND APPA WHOOOO!!!!!!” Jessica cheered over the vent tunnel. Her voice echoed loudly.

 

“SSSHHHHHHHHH!!! SHUT IT!!! You children! If we get caught because of your noise, we’re dead!!!” Taeyeon hushed over.

 

“At least we’re together dead!” Seohyun echoed. They heard the laughter of Jessica and Seohyun. “Mhianeh omma and appa!”

 

“Ah…. Jinjja….I sometimes regret having these children…” Taeyeon said as she shook her head.

 

“But we have bright children.” Sunny said using her aegyo voice.

 

“Auh...??? Suddenly you make me regret why you became my wife "slash" husband... and yeah… They are.” Taeyeon giggled. “The room of Je Eun is located upstairs right?” There was in intersection in front of them. One leads left and one in the right. She extended her hand and tried to feel the left tunnel vent. “I think, this goes down…”

 

“Then Right it is…” Sunny said. She sniffed the cold air that came from the right tunnel.

 

“Rose scent…where have I smelled this??” Suddenly the scent was so familiar to her but she couldn’t recall where. “It’s Flower by Kenzo…” Sunny smiled evily. “This is our best option…”

 

They crawled to the right tunnel and went up quietly and finally they saw the light coming from the vent of the other side.

 

“Ooh-lala…What a feeling…” Taeyeon said in a playful tone. “Is this it??” Taeyeon snuffled through the holes of the vent. “Jackpot!” She smelled the rose like scent. She pushed the vent but it couldn’t open. “Locked??” Taeyeon thought. She used her finger to feel the outside corners of the steel cover. “There’s no nail…”

 

“Kick it…”

 

“What if it breaks?! It’s rusty.”

 

“Ahh! Jinjja…” Sunny slightly pushed Taeyeon aside and she lay down. Taeyeon looked down over Sunny, their eyes met and Taeyeon playfully stole a kiss from Sunny’s cheek.

 

“YA!” Sunny laughed and whispered. “Jinjja…”

 

Taeyeon giggled quietly. “SHH! Do it!” And with Sunny’s small strong legs, she kicked the rusty steel vent.

 

*PLOCK!*

 

“See?” Sunny smiled.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “Good girl!” She rubbed her nose over Sunny’s nose tip, it’s how Taeyeon shows her affection (by rubbing nose to nose).

 

Sunny got out of the vent and helped Taeyeon out. “The map…” She whispered. She pointed towards the table. The sketch of the building’s vents, direction, and fire escape was pinned under the table’s heavy glass.

 

“GOOD!” Taeyeon took out a piece of paper from her pocket. By the door they saw the trooper twins through the window. They were playing rock, paper, and scissors.

 

“Aigoo…Our twins…” Taeyeon said as she slapped her hand into her forehead. Yuri and Yoona were laughing outside and they were even hitting each other after. “I don’t know how we manage to play around…” Taeyeon said.

 

Sunny laughed while sketching. “That’s how dork and dope we are. We know what we are doing anyway…Don’t take life so seriously.”

 

Taeyeon started scanning; she opened various drawers inside the room. “There’s nothing in this drawers except…” Taeyeon kept quiet and became busy. She read the folder she found, after reading she placed it back and made another round of scanning. Until-“WHOA!” She said to Sunny.

 

She took out a folder that was entitled “Escapee 2003.” She read the files inside and it was a report about a first time escapee by 5 young girls. What shocked her was the name Han Je Eun and Song Hye Kyo.

 

“Sunny, I found this, look!” Taeyeon read out to Sunny what she saw.

 

Sunny, after hearing what Taeyeon just said remained shocked. “Hye Kyo and Je Eun… as in our teacher and commander??”

 

Taeyeon nodded. Yoona and Yuri suddenly knocked over the door. They signalled them to hurry. “Someone's coming!” Yuri whispered over the window for they heard someone’s footsteps along the stairs.

 

"Finish that fast!” Taeyeon quickly closed the folder and placed it back to where it belonged.

 

“Done!” Sunny wrapped up her sketches and labels. “Ya, Youbu!” She threw the small flashlight over Taeyeon who left it above the table. “Thanks.” Taeyeon said. Taeyeon and Sunny swiftly disappeared back into the vent.

 

Yuri and Yoona made a high five. “Let’s go?” Yoona asked.

 

Unexpectedly Song Hye Kyo appeared in the hallway. Hye Kyo didn’t mind them and just walked and passed them.

 

Yoona who suddenly felt anxious held on to Yuri.

 

“You’re okay, my baby…” Yuri said and she smiled. Yoona flashed a smile as well.

 

Hye Kyo suddenly stopped in front of her office door. She narrowed her eyes as she looked through the door window. "Ladies?" She suddenly said.

 

Yoona and Yuri stood frozen but both of them turned naturally. "Yes commander? How may we help you?" Their voice chorused and it sounded natural as if nothing really has happened. Yuri felt the tight grip of Yoona.

 

Hye Kyo abruptly shook her head. "Auh? Nothing... Never mind. I'll see you tonight at the gala." Then she disappeared into her office.

 

Yoona and Yuri breathe out heavily. "Whew..."

 

“With just your hand to hold, a simple warm smile from you, and the simplest words to say…

I find courage in you…”

-Yoona said to Yuri.

 

Yuri felt touch and couldn't contain her feelings,

with her overflowing emotions,

she suddenly kissed Yoona by the cheek.

 

Yoona stood frozen and did not know how to react.

Both of them has confirmed,

They have already fallen in love.

 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
->CHAPTER03<-

*The Gala Revelation*

 

snsd+hoot.jpg

 

Will the girls be able to escape the walls of this hell like camp?
What did Taeyeon find out while she was browsing some folders?
What did the girls knew this time about the camp's goal and mission?
What do you think will happen to them on the night of their last day, will they survive on what awaits them??

 

Find out on the next chapter, The Gala Revelation.