oo30

Leave It To The Guys

It was a few days away before the bit trip and Eun Ri was in desperate need of clothing for the trip. There was going to be a dance as well as a camping trip and she was completely unprepared. 

So who better to call than Kibum and Taemin? Eun Ri sat in the back of Taemin's car as Key chattered up a storm about what he was thinking would suit Eu Ri for a dress. Honestly, she was happy to be with Taemin once again and it actually felt a bit hard to go somewhere without EXO especially having them by her side 24/7. But she couldn't lie and say she didnt miss the male terribly

Taemin picked her up from school leaving EXO to go home without their girl. But they knew she was in good hands so they didn't seem to mind. 

Eun Ri smiled as they pulled up to the mall. 

"I think something of a light lavender or maybe turquoise." Key was still yapping away. Eun Ri only rolled her eyes playfully as she got out of the car. Key ran in before Taemin could close his door. Her cousin shook his head playfully before linking arms with Eun Ri. When she called Taemin, Key had answered so she invited him to come along since she knew Key loved to do these kinds of things so why not make it a lot easier?

"I think he's more excited than you Ri." He chuckled. Eun Ri grabbed his arm lightly and laughed. "I think so too." 

They walked along in a comfortable silence as they entered the busy mall. Eun Ri held his arm tighter as they walked to Key whom was waving at them two shirts of different colors. 

They picked up their pace as Key tapped his lips. "I think white would keep you cool but green is a much more flattering color." Eun Ri only smiled as Key threw both articles of clothing into Taemin's arms. "So we'll take both. And Ri, everything is on me so don't you worry your pretty head about anything but looking good in these clothes and what to match these with." 

Eun Ri covered and giggled as Taemin pouted as Key continued to pile his arms with clothing she didn't need. 

Eun Ri continued to walk around the store, she stayed by Taemin's side occasionally taking some pieces of clothing and putting them back or carrying them herself. 

"So how is EXO treating you Ri? Are they taking care of you well?" Taemin said randomly. 

Eun Ri thought about it and nodded. Suho and Kris always checked on her to make sure she was safe. Kyungsoo always cooked her the best meals and made sure they were healthy for her. Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun always made sure she was laughing. Xiumin always helped her with homework if she needed any. The maknaes made sure she was safe in school, away from any threats to her. Lay kept her happy in general and always lent a shoulder for her and Luhan, well, he was there. 

"They're great oppa, you don't need to worry about anything." She said. 

Taemin smiled. "Good because I'm prepared to kick any of their asses if they hurt you." Eun Ri smiled and imagined Taemin beating up Luhan but for Taemin's safety, she won't say anything. 

"So, any of them catch your attention and don't lie." Taemin smirked. "You can't possibly live with 12 guys and not like any of them." 

Eun Ri paused mid way and blushed deeply making Taemin chuckle loudly. Key turned his attention away from a pair of shoes to turn to the blushing girl. "You okay Ri?" 

Taemin laughed as Eun Ri scowled at him. "She's anything but okay, she's in love." Taemin sang. 

Eun Ri groaned as she hit he face in embarrassment. "I'm not in love?" She hissed. "I just like someone." She said softer. 

Key squealed and then coughed, gruffing up his voice. He smiled sheepishly and dumped the remaining clothes he had into Taemin's arms before wrapping his arms around her neck. "So which one is the lucky one to capture my little Ri's heart?" 

Eun Ri blushed and groaned in annoyance as she shoved him away. "N-No one." She mumbled. 

Key looked at Taemin before smiling mischievously. "Is it that Lay guy?" Key said. Eun Ri's eyes popped out in suprise, "who told you that?" 

Taemin and Key bursted into laughter as Eun Ri stood there confused. "What?!" 

Taemin's laughter died as he looked at the pouting girl. "So it is him." He looked at Key before laughing again. "It was just a lucky guess." 

Key pinched her cheeks harshly before drawing away as she swatted him. "I was just going to guess everyone until you said yes." 

Eun Ri pinched the bridge of her nose and let out a huffy breath as Taemin and Key continued to laugh. Key wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her head. "C'mon, let's go pay and get you prettied up for Lay." 

She whined as Key clung to her as they walked to the counter to pay. 

 

 

The big moment finally came. Eun Ri sat in a dress shop shaking her head at every dress that was shown to her. 

Some were too short for her liking. One blow of the wind and her undergarments would be the only thing in sight. 

Some were very low cut which in her mind was ferry unflattering considering she didnt have too much to offer but being busty isn't everything. 

Occasionally, she'd like a few dresses but there would be something that would change her mind like the length, the details, or simply the color. 

She didn't mean to be so picky but she didnt want anything that would make Lay think she ugly, a , cheap, or whatever other bad thing she could think of. She knew Lay would never judge her by a dress but she was afraid and wasn't going to take any risks. 

"Ri, you have to choose something." Taemin pouted as he sat down next to her. 

She sighed and rested her chin on her arm. Everything was just out of her liking, it wasn't her fault, kind of. "These dresses just aren't my style." She frowned. 

Taemin knew it wasn't her fault. "How about we look through a few more and if you don't like any then we'll go somewhere else." 

She nodded as Key came out with a few more dresses. And with each new dress, came a no. Nothing was to her liking. It was too flashy or too plain, too short or too long, and at this rate, she might as well show up to the dance in sweat pants.

"Okay last one Ri." Key said coming out from the back. Eun Ri honestly thought it would be another tacky colored, overly gemmed dress. But she was wrong. 

The dress had a sweet heart neckline and it looked like it would hug her curves just right. The bust area had an intricate design but everything else was simple, the way she liked it. It was a light purple color, something she was imaging of wearing. With a pair of simple white heels, and a plain chain necklace, her outfit would look complete.

Key caught the spark in her eyes and smiled. "This one?" 

She nodded happily as she stood up to examine the dress further. "It's perfect." 

Taemin and Key sighed in relief as she took the dress to go pay for it. 

"Took long enough." Taemin said as Key came to sit down in the spot Eun Ri was previously in. 

Key smiled and patted the younger's back. "You know her. She probably wanted it to be perfect." 

"For Lay?" Taemin chuckled. The two bursted into a fit of giggles until Eun Ri came back and glared at the two. "What are you two laughing at?" 

They froze and smiled sheepishly. "Nothing." 

 

 

"Oh, hell fricken no." Eun Ri said as Key dragged her inside the hair salon. "Key no!" She whined as Key talked to the woman at the counter. 

Eun Ri knew it was all over when Key nodded and took her to the waiting area. "Kim Kibum!" She growled. Key tapped her nose playfully, "Honorifics Ri. Oppa." He teased. 

Where was Taemin to save her? Oh right, driving home to drop off stuff so they have more room for more. Key had become a shopping monster and bought her everything in sight. 

"Ri, you've had this hairstyle for so long. It's growing so long, you need some change." He said playing with her hair. "I was thinking of cutting it a bit shorter and maybe bangs?" He pinched her cheeks playfully, "You're beautiful Ri but sometimes change is good." 

Eun Ri liked her hair. It was plain black, long and parted down the middle. She thought it suited her but maybe Key was right. Maybe she did need a bit of a change. 

"Think of how Lay will react." Key teased. Eun Ri instantly growled and punched his shoulder leaving the male whimpering. 

But he wasn't off. In the back of her mind, she hoped that maybe Lay would like her new haircut and maybe take more interest in her. She knew he liked the way she was, but a haircut wouldn't hurt. 

"We'll have you now Ms.Go." The hairdresser said. Key gave her a nudge as she hesitantly went to the chair. The woman wrapped a tarp around her neck to cover her from the hair and took her hair out, brushing it through with her fingers. 

"So what do you want to do with it honey?" She said. Eun Ri looked in the mirror and imaged what Key had said. She honestly wouldn't look too bad so maybe she'd try it. "Bangs? And maybe a shorter length?" She said shyly.

The woman nodded. "Got it." She gently pushed Eun Ri's head back into the sink and began to wash her hair. Eun Ri stared at the ceiling and hoped this wouldn't become one of those bad haircuts. 

 

Eun Ri waved at Taemin and Key as she grabbed her bags and stared at the warehouse. Raising her bags high to her face, she shuffled her way to the front door and let out a nervous breath.

Her haircut was perfect in her opinion, the length just hanging over her chest area and her bangs were long, only reaching her chin before blending into the rest of her hair. Honestly it wasnt a drastic change but it was new and she liked it.

Before she could even knock, the door flew open.

"Eun Ri is home guys, she's—wait, what are you doing?" Baekhyun asked as he noticed the female with bags held up to her face, shielding him from seeing anything behind them.

"Noona, hey— noona? Baek hyung?" Tao said noticing the bags. "Noona, are you okay?"

She could feel her cheeks starting to burn and her arms were starting to cave. She was nervous of what they would think of her new hair and she wasn't sure if she wanted them to see her yet. "U-Uh I-I'm fine. J-Just let me in." She mumbled. 

"Noona, why are you hiding behind there?" Tao said before gasping. "You didn't get into a fight did you?" 

"Oh dear god, did Sunggyu and Minsoo's guys get to you? KRIS HYUNG!" Baekhyun screamed. 

Eun Ri could hear a bunch of feet running to the door and soon she could tell that they were all at the front door trying to see if she was okay. Her arms were hurting and she didnt know why she couldn't man up and just show them her hair. 

"Eun Ri? Let oppa see," Kris said reaching for the bags. 

Eun Ri's eyes widened in panic and backed away a bit, "I'm fine! R-Really!" She said. 

She was sure they didnt buy it because they continued to insist they see what's wrong. 

"If nothing is wrong then show us." Luhan mumbled. Eun Ri pressed her lips into a thin line in annoyance. It was always him that had to push her. 

"Guys, really." She replied back. She just wanted to go inside, hide in her room, until she had to show them as her last resort. 

"Ri?" 

She froze. No not Lay. Not Lay. Anyone but— "Ri are you okay?" Lay said. She swore he sounded cuter when he was concerned and she scolded herself as her heart began to melt at his words.

"Let me see. Like Luhan said, if you're okay, just show us." Lay said placing his hands on her bags and pushing them down gently. 

She gave in and closed her eyes tightly as she heard squeals and screams. 

"YOU LOOK SO PRETTY." She heard a few of them scream. She blushed hard as she opened her eyes slightly to find them fawning over her new hair. 

"This is what you were keeping hidden from us? Damn it Eun Ri, we thought you were hurt or something but you're just as beautiful as usual." Chen said cheesily, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. 

She blushed madly and hid her face with her hands as some of the guys took in her bags. She groaned in annoyance as some of them played with her hair, giggling over her hair. 

She pulled away as she skipped to the couch and throwing herself upon it.

"But really Ri, were you afraid of showing us your hair?" Lay asked as he sat down next to her on the couch. Her heart raced as Lay played fondly with her hair. 

"A little?" She squeaked, covering afterwards as she mentally scolded herself for looking so stupid.

Lay chuckled and smiled. "I like it." He let go of the last few strands he held and tucked it behind her ear. "It suits you." 

L

Lay sat on his bed as Luhan came in drying his wet hair. He couldn't lie and say all he did was sit there in silence because in reality, he was mumbling incoherent things to himself, practicing how he was going to ask out Eun Ri. 

Just seeing how bashful she was today made his heart melt and he had to admit she looked beautiful not that she wasnt before. She just had this glow and he couldn't really explain it. 

Now that he was going on the trip, he really wanted to ask her to the dance and maybe ask her out. He knew he was shy and that these things were hard for him but if it was for Eun Ri, he'd do it.

It's these kinds of things you would ask for help from a friend and that's where Luhan came in. 

Luhan had more experience with girls than Lay has ever had in his life and who would be better to ask then his best friend? Lay knew he could depend on Luhan to help him. 

"Hey, Luhan?" Lay said pushing himself off the bed and sitting upright. 

"Hmm?" Luhan hummed as he looked for a shirt to throw over. "You need something Xing?" 

"Aaah, yeah." Lay said wringing his hands. He knew he could tell and ask Luhan anything but he still felt embarrassed and shy to ask for help. 

Luhan threw on a shirt and tossed himself onto his own bed, looking at Lay with a bit of concern. He could see that his best friend was nervous. Lay would always wring his hands, bite his lip and look down if he was nervous or shy about something. 

Luhan frowned. "What's up?" 

Lay let out a nervous breath and looked up, locking eyes with his best friend. "I-I wanted to a-ask Eun Ri o-out and I need some h-help." Lay said softly, adding a cute smile in the end. 

Luhan froze. Lay wanted to ask Eun Ri out. Luhan didn't want to open his mouth because he knew if he did, he would scream no. His chest constricted and it felt harder to breathe.

Despite their fight, Luhan still liked her, in a way? He didn't even know. He was so confused on how he felt about her, it drove him nuts. 

But something he wasnt confused on was that he definitely did not want Lay to ask Eun Ri out. 

He knew Lay liked her for so long but now that Luhan felt something for her, he wanted to be selfish. He wanted to say no because he wanted Eun Ri for himself. He wanted to be the one who got to buy her random gifts, make her smile, hear her laugh that was only meant for him, hug her, cuddle with her, kiss h— what was he thinking? 

Lay cared for her more, he was the one who wasnt on Eun Ri's bad side. He could tell Eun Ri saw something for Lay, just by the way everything else disappears when Lay is around. 

So why did he still want to be selfish with her? He was the worse friend in the world.

He guessed Lay saw his frown and his best friend began to panic. "Oh god, it's a bad idea isn't it? Please don't tell me she likes someone else." Lay began to frown and sadden. 

Luhan's eyes grew wide as Lay's frown began to deepen. "It's Chanyeol isn't it? Or is it Kai? Chen maybe? That Maknae is always so giggly with her." Lay began to feel his heart shatter. Was it all a bad idea? 

"Actually no, don't tell me. I don't want to know. Oh god, Lu, I feel so stupid, it was a stupid idea, I don't know why I even thought I had a chan—"

"No!" Luhan exclaimed. He wanted to be a good friend. Lay was his best friend. Lay was his best friend. Luhan kept repeating in his head. "I-I'll help you." 

Lay's eyes widened and his lips curled into a smile in relief. Maybe his best friend was just in a bit of a shock. Luhan and Eun Ri weren't the closest of friends so maybe he was just surprised. 

"You're the best Luhan!" Lay said. Luhan sighed and forced a smile, trying to ignore the sparkle in Lay's eyes. 


*Updated Dec. 28, 2013*
I don't know what the date is now cause of vacation lol
I literally have enough chapters to post for the next three weeks but I just need to edit them. /sigh
I have too much time on my hands right now xD

I hope you enjoy this update :3 Luhan's hurting guys...any pity? Or are you hardcore LayRi shippers like MUAHAHA
I'm killing you LuRi shippers aren't i 

This new update for AFF is going to kill me...-3-