oo26

Leave It To The Guys

Years earlier

Eun Ri sat in her cell, head hung low. Her situation could have been worse and she could have been set with a room mate who would have probably been more dangerous than her, but her current situation wasnt all that glamorous either. 

The young girl still had not processed at the fact her family truely abandoned her. They watched as the jury charged her as guilty and the judge send their daughter away. 

She'd never forget the blank, stoic faces her parents wore. No sympathy was shown, no tears fell, their faces were blank and cold just like Eun Ri's heart now. 

Out of all the people she thought who would betray her, her parents were last. Sure she had changed through out the years but it never seemed like her parents loved her any less but they proved her wrong by accusing their own daughter and not giving two s as the guards dragged her away to a place where love did not exist. 

She was too young to be where she was. She thought the people of the court knew that, she thought her parents knew that. But it was all a lie.

Her once heros had become her worst enemy. 

Thinking about them only brought more pain and feelings of betrayal. I need to rest...she thought as she curled up on her hard mattress and pulling the covers over her head. 

 

 

It was odd to wake up in a small, gray room instead of her own comforting cream and teal bedroom at home. The mattress was harder, the air was colder, the smell was musty and any feelings of comfort vanished with the background sounds of the other criminals. 

She usually woke up to soft fluffy sheets and her mom knocking on her door saying it was morning. Usually she'd hate having the woman wake her up so early but now she missed those mornings. She wouldn't be able to have anyone wake her softly, saying it was a bright new day. 

She was awoken by a guard running their baton on her cell bars making a large echoing clang sound that interuppted her sleep but it wasnt like she was having a good sleep anyways.

All night, she lied there falling asleep and waking up while crying in between. She had never felt so ty waking up before. 

Her cheeks were stained in tears, her eyes swollen and her nose stuffed. 

"Great..." She huffed. She knew the guards would be making her attend her classes today and do other recreational activities since she was still young and she'd have to do all of it while trying to get over her intense crying session. 

The feeling you get after crying is almost like a hangover if you cry hard and long enough. Your head hurts as well as everything else. There's physical and emotional pains and all you feel like is crap. 

Getting off her bed, she stepped onto the floor and made her way towards her small, dirty sink. Not wanting to think what the sink's history held, she it up and freshened up herself for the day. 

She sat on her bed waiting for her guard to her to her classes. She was informed all supplies would be held there and that she'd be in classes for 2-3 hours a day, three times a day with lunch and dinner in between.

Honestly it sounded like something regular to her but then she realized she'd be in a class with criminals who have probably done far worse than her. It scared her greatly but hopefully her fear wouldn't show. Beasts can smell fear.

She heard her cell door click and looked up to find three guards standing. She let out a small huff. I'm not that dangerous. 

She was reported as hot tempered and ready to attack by the court so she assumed now she'd always have at least three guards up in her face to make sure she didnt do anything stupid. 

She walked through the halls and soon she arrived at her class. She saw guards lining the classroom and wondered how anyone got work done with all the intimidating glares they recieved. 

Getting a light push inside, Eun Ri gulped. Amazingly her class only held a total of 10 students including herself. 6 boys and 3 girls. They all were slouching in their chairs, scribbling on their papers or staring at her with menacing eyes. 

"Ah, Ms.Go. Please step forward." The teacher said. Eun Ri observed how the middle aged woman had a soft, warm glow to her, somewhat comforting. She pitied the woman for having to teach such delinquent children but the woman didnt seem to mind. 

"Everyone, this is Go Eun Ri. She is our new student and I expect nothing but respect and kindness towards her okay?" 

"Yes, Mrs.Park." Everyone chorused. Mrs.Park smiled and pointed at a seat next to a blonde boy. 

Eun Ri nervously made her way towards the desk and as soon as she reached it, she immediately tripped and fell onto the floor, banging her chin. A pain shot through her face and she could feel her face becoming hot and her eyes teary. 

Everyone's laughter rang in her ears and soon she felt herself being lifted up. Mrs.Park dusted her off and shot a look at a girl who just sat there looking at her nails. "Chae Ari, what did I just say?" 

Chae Ari eyed Eun Ri and gave her a sickly smile. "My foot was out by accident Songsaengnim Park. I am sorry." Eun Ri could hear the dark and mocking tone in her voice and she immediately wanted to give the girl what she deserved. 

Mrs.Park sighed and helped Eun Ri into her desk. One of the guards brought over and ice pack and Eun Ri took it wearily, icing her bruising chin. 

"Okay, now that we all have settled down, we can start class." Mrs.Park said turning towards the board. 

Slumping in her chair, Eun Ri took notes as Mrs.Park's lesson continued. Through out the session, she could feel a pair of eyes watching her. She didnt dare to look at who, afraid of what kind of a face she'd meet eyes with so she continued to ignore the burning in the back of her head.

 

 

Lunch was no better. She could feel Chae Ari and her drone's glares. She had no idea why the girl despised her so much but she did and Eun Ri had no clue about what she did. 

Picking at her kimchi and plain rice, she wasnt feeling too hungry but she knew if she didnt eat, she wouldn't get another chance until dinner and who knew if the dinner was going to be appetizing either. Forcing down her food, she swallowed hard. 

Looking up from her plate, she met eyes with one of her classmates. His hair was slightly wavy, styled upwards with a bandana wrapped around his forehead. His elongated eyes were lined darkly and Eun Ri wondered how he managed to look so good while in jail. 

In fact, she wondered how her whole class managed to look so good. Next to the male were his friends who were all amazingly gorgeous if Eun Ri had to admit. They were all dazzling and had a sort of glow to them that made them so outstanding.

His eyes widened when they met eyes but they soon crinkled and turned into half crescents as he smirked. Eun Ri blushed and immediately turned away and continued to eat despite wanting to throw up. 

It wasnt that she didnt like the boy, she just couldn't process how a good looking guy like him was staring at her. 

During class, it was just her luck that Mrs.Park gave her an assignment to do with a partner. She looked around for anyone who was possibly free. 

She saw Chae Ari walk to the male whom she had made eye contact with at lunch. Her back was turned towards her and she couldn't see the male but apparently she must have gotten rejected because Chae Ari turned around with a scowl. 

Making sure Mrs.Park wasnt looking, Chae Ari stuck up her middle finger at her and walked away. Eun Ri sat confused but she didnt let it bother her too much. Chae Ari could act as y as she wanted. 

Deciding it was useless to find a partner, Eun Ri began to work until she heard a desk being dragged next to her. 

She looked up to meet eyes with the male. 

"Is anyone working with you?" He asked casually. Eun Ri shook her head and looked down at her paper nervously. She could hear him chuckle and she couldve sworn she heard him mutter "cute." 

They both worked in silence, occasionally glancing at each other's papers to check answers but very few words were exchanged. If there was any talking, it would be from the male. 

Once their lesson finished and they were excused to go on a break, the male decided to try to have a conversation with her. Eun Ri wasn't sure if she could trust the male but it was better than having no friends. 

"Lee Byunghyun but my friends call me L.Joe." He said kindly extending his hand towards her. She took it cautiously and shook it. "Go Eun Ri." She said softly still feeling nervous and weary about the male. You couldn't trust anyone in a place that held people known for breaking trust and rules. 

"So what did you do?" L.Joe asked. Eun Ri didn't find it surprising since it seemed to be a regular thing to ask when in jail. 

As much as Eun Ri didn't want to talk about it, she didnt want to seem rude. "I...beat up a man for trying to rob my house and there wasnt enough evidence that he was so i got sent to jail." 

"What about your family?" He asked innocently. Eun Ri bit her lip and gazed down, "They didnt believe me." 

L.Joe noticed her uncomfortable aura and nodded deciding to shut up. "I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, my friends abandoned me and never came to rescue me." 

"I'm sorry." She muttered. She couldn't imagine having her friends abandon her and leaving her to be sent to jail though it would probably hurt less than having your parents do it but still. "They must be terrible for leaving someone as nice as you L.Joe-ssi." 

He chuckled and shrugged. "That's why we watch out for each other here. We got each other's backs." 

 

 

And L.Joe was true to his word. 

Still having no idea what she did to Chae Ari, Eun Ri continued to get terrorized by the girl. There was no way Eun Ri was risking herself getting in trouble so she took every attack Chae Ari had to offer. 

The first was breaking her desk, unscrewing the bolts and allowing it to topple as she sat on it. Eun Ri felt a surge of pain as the heavy table part of the desk fall onto her stomach. She could remember L.Joe immediately rushing to her side and taking off the desk piece by piece as well as his friends whom she had learned to be Chunji, Ricky, Changjo, CAP and Niel. 

She distinctly remembered Chae Ari screaming in frustration as L.Joe glared at her, asking her why she did what she did. 

The next was spilling all of Eun Ri's food. Chae Ari knew they never allowed seconds in jail so Eun Ri would've had to starve lunch and dinner but her plan back fired when L.Joe began to share his food with her and smuggling her extra bread rolls or another serving of tofu. 

"Eat up. Please? For oppa?" L.Joe asked cutely, calling himself the name he asked Eun Ri to call him from then on. "I don't want you starving because of that ." 

"Noona, please eat up?" Ricky asked holding out his bread. Eun Ri sighed and nodded in defeat. L.Joe clapped his hands and spooned rice to . He didnt need to and she was perfectly capable of eating on her own but he did so anyways. 

"Thanks..." She muttered between chews.

"Honestly, I don't know why she hates me so much." Eun Ri sighed. 

"It's because hyung likes you and not her." Changjo teased. She could feel her cheeks set themselves on fire as she gazed at L.Joe who glared at the Maknae. 

"Chae is obsessed with L.Joe yet he's never looked at her twice in one day." Niel chuckled sipping his drink. "Hyung has found a liking to you though and I don't blame him." He added with a wink. 

"J-Just ignore them." L.Joe stuttered continuing to feed her. Eun Ri nodded shyly and finished her meal and through out the meal, she could see Chae out of the corner of her eyes, stabbing her food. 

 

 

Days, became weeks and weeks became months. It had been three months since Eun Ri was admitted and she honestly had gotten used to the atmosphere and how everything worked by now. She had Chae Ari and her drones at , and L.Joe and his friends by her side. 

In all honesty, she thought it wouldve have been worse but L.Joe made things a lot better. She concluded to herself during the three months that yes, she was head over heels for L.Joe and yes, every time the guys joked around about L.Joe liking her, she wished more and more it was true. 

She was walking down the hall alone. After a while the guards decided it was safe enough to allow students to walk around alone in the education sector. 

Eun Ri was currently on break and making her way towards the library to meet with L.Joe. She was walking until she felt her hair getting yanked and her face smashed against a wall. 

", slap her already Chae!" 

"She deserves a nice black eye for stealing your boyfriend!" 

"Shut up, we're going to get caught you idiots." Chae muttered. Eun Ri could feel her harshly pinching her cheeks together, making her lips pursed. "Hello, Eun Ri." 

Eun Ri felt Chae's drones grab her hands and legs so she couldn't kick or fight back. Eun Ri's face was released but she felt her cold fingers run over her neck. 

"You know what I do to get revenge?" Chae raised her brow and smiled. "I hurt them right back." Chae punched her stomach sending Eun Ri down. "This is what you get for taking my oppa!" She screamed as she began kicking her. 

Chae and her drones continued to kick her mercilessly. Eun Ri didn't want to fight back, she wasnt going to risk extending her stay so she took every kick to the face and body. 

She could taste the iron in as Chae's foot met her lips. Eun Ri began to sob out of pain but she wasnt going to let Chae hear her. 

She continued to recieve every blow until she heard a loud shout and all the kicking stopped. 

"CHAE ARI, GET THE AWAY FROM HER." She could hear L.Joe's voice shout and suddenly she heard a thump and a cry of pain. She opened her swollen eyes to find Chae on the ground crying. 

She felt herself being picked up bridal style by L.Joe and carried away as Chae screamed and cried begging for forgiveness.

When L.Joe stopped walking, she was set down. Her face was black and blue, bruised to the touch and her body ached. Her heart leaped as L.Joe began to trace his fingers over her cuts. She was going to explode when L.Joe pressed his lips onto her bruises. 

"I'm so sorry she did this to you." She could hear pain in his voice. He continued to mutter apologies between kisses on her face. If kisses could heal, she would've sworn she was getting better, 

"I am so sorry Eun Ri. I promise to protect you from now on." He said softly before pressing his lips to hers. It was her first kiss and she had no idea what to do but she soon found herself moving rhythmically against his lips. It was slow and soft and she swore, she was on cloud nine right then and there. 

 

 

"Kyaaaa~ so did hyung really ask you out already?" Ricky teased as L.Joe wrapped his arms around her waist and gave her a kiss on the temple. 

Eun Ri blushed a deep wine color and hid her face into his shoulder. She still couldn't believe she was dating L.Joe but it gave her a warm and protected feeling. 

In a place where it was hard to find feelings and compassion, it was almost a miracle she had met L.Joe. He made her remember what love felt like and call her crazy for believing it was love,but it truely did feel like it. 

Love is when it makes your knees weak, your heart races as well as slows down, and your mind is just clouded with the thoughts of your significant other.

"L.Joe you're so lucky." CAP chuckled. L.joe flashed a glare at CAP as if to say she was his which made her heart beat against her rib cage harshly. 

"I am lucky. Eun Ri is an amazing girl and I couldn't have been anymore fortunate to meet her." L.Joe said nuzzling his nose on her temple.

The guys chuckled and smiled. "What does it feel like to be with Byunghyun?" Chunji said. 

Eun Ri bit down on her lip and smiled. "Nice." 

L.Joe pouted and nudged her shoulder. "That's all you have to say? Nice? I protect you from harm and make you happy and that's all I get?" 

She giggled and kissed his cheek and tried to push back the feelings of shyness. "Don't be a baby Byunghyun." She teased. She smiled and squeezed his hand tightly. "But thank you. For everything L.Joe." She whispered into his ear. 

He smiled and captured her lips with a quick kiss. The guys groaned in the background which caused Eun Ri to blush and hide her face once again. 

She was definitely falling in deeply. 

 

 

The rest of her time in jail, Chae Ari and her drones were switched out of her class and now it was just her and L.Joe and their friends. 

L.Joe and her had been together for a good, strong, solid 7 months. L.Joe was nothing but sweet and kind to her, calling her Babe, and surprising her with sweet gestures. L.Joe was her addiction. He was sickly fluffy and loved to make his girl blush. 

Eun Ri could've sworn it was love. Or at least felt like love until it all imploded on itself. 

She soon found herself nearing her release date as well as L.Joe and his friends. 

One day, as Eun Ri and L.Joe were cuddling during a movie showing in the recreational room, Eun Ri built up the courage to ask the one thing that had been on her mind all the last few months. "Oppa, do you think we'll last once we get released." 

She couldve sworn he was awake a minute ago but when she turned her head she found her boyfriend snoring away cutely as the movie continued. It was always like this. Whenever she asked anything more intimate and serious the boy somehow found a way out of it. 

But when it came to something he wanted to do, he never let anything interrupt. 

There were times where they'd be walking and the next thing she knew, she was up against a wall, a heated L.Joe pressing his body against hers and kissing her lips fervently. Kissing her til she was exhausted. It never got far because she didnt allow it and though he said it was okay, it didnt seem like it was. 

She could see the disappointment on his face and sometimes he'd seem annoyed. She just didnt feel right giving herself to him when they were still in jail nonetheless and the fact she was still so young made her afraid.

The more he said it was okay, the more she believed he was finally accepting she wasnt ready yet.

As they were only a few weeks away from their release, Eun Ri walked to the library where L.Joe was and heard pants and squeals in a closet. She pressed her lips thin and thought it was probably one of the other cell mates getting it on.

She shuddered and continued to walk until she heard L.joe's name. She felt her heart break a bit and shook her head, pushing the thought aside. He would never cheat on her.

When she got to the library, she saw no one so she waited. She waited for a good half an hour until L.Joe ran in, hair disheveled instead of his usual clean look and his orange jacket was slightly off buttoned. 

"Babe, I am so sorry for being late. I fell asleep and got up late." He said kissing her cheek. She could feel her heart continueing to shatter when she smelled a different florally perfume on him.

It was when she heard him say directly her assumptions that she felt broken. 

She sat outside the classroom weeks later, tears streaming down her face.

"Okay hyung, here's your 100 and I'll treat you to chicken once we get out." 

"I seriously can't believe you were able to get her to stay with you that long." 

"But too bad you lost the 50 since you couldn't get into her pants." 

The laughter that emitted from the room crushed her like a shoe crushing a bug, or a hand crumpling a piece of paper and tossing it.

"She was easy. I should really get an Oscar for this." 

"So what are you going to do after we get out? Is it going to be one of those dramas where the boy who plays the girl actually falls for the girl?" 

"That is hilarious. If I stay with her, I'm never going to get laid, I might as well go gay." 

"For Chanhee?" 

"You're sick." 

Eun Ri didn't know what happened next but all she remembered was the door opening and gasping but she saw no sort of remorse or regret on L.Joe's face. She thought she had become good friends with some of them too but apparently not because they were in on it as well.

A loud slap emitted in the hallways and Eun Ri after that spent a month trying to mend her already broken heart. She focused on getting out and getting away, away as far as she could.


*Updated Dec. 4, 2013*

An update as a celebration for EXO's new song ;u; 

If you haven't listened to Miracles In Decemeber than you my friend are living under a rock. The song is so beautiful and it was so beautifully sung. The MV is so bitter sweet.

MY NEW FAVORITE THING IS JONGINXPUPPY. ASDFGHJKL I took every possible screenshot of Jongin and that cute fuzz ball. 

I can't wait for their live stages and their album. I think I have enough money for both versions of the albums so I'm all good. I was listening to the Medley all day yesterday. Ah, perfection ;u; The First Snow is the one I'm looking out for the most ^^

 

I have to go now. I have a band concert in less than 2 hours and I need to get ready. I shall talk to you all later. Xoxo, thank you for all the love and support I'm getting for this story.

All the comments, upvotes and subscriptions mean so much to me considering this story is one of more successful ones ^^ I can't do any of this without y'all.