oo16

Leave It To The Guys

Luhan walked the halls alone, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He glanced around and smiled at his admirerers and ignored his haters. He blew his bangs before turning the knob to his third period class. 

Taking a seat, he took out his notebooks and book that were necessary for the class. Though it looked like he was hard at work, his head was floating somewhere else.

The morning had been rough, his head pounded from a headache and the laughter that escaped 's lips were not helping. Chen did apologize and everyone seemed a bit more sympathetic to the male.

He couldn't stay mad at s too long and he hated that about himself. He was a weakling when it came to someone he cared about deeply. His mind began to wander when his teacher grabbed his attention again.

"Ah ne Songsaengnim?" He said. The teacher sighed and pointed to his book. "Page 378 Luhan." 

Luhan nodded and turned to the said page and glanced at the chapter. He skimmed through the pages as directed and found the section interesting. Memories had faded from his mind and now were replaced with his lesson. They were doing a unit on US history and he found that back then, laborers who were upset with their conditions would eventually leave. 

Luhan's lips pressed into a thin line. If conditions were bad enough, people would actually leave? Would it work today? If Luhan could make it so bad for Eun Ri, would she leave? 

He smirked and closed his book. He'd just have to test that hypothesis. 

 

 

At lunch, Eun Ri was reading her book as she ate. Everyone was minding their businesses and talking on their own, leaving the girl to her own world. 

Ripping the paper off his straw, he left some of it and raised it, aiming at her face. "Eun Ri!" He said. As she looked up, he shot the piece of paper and it poked her in the forehead. Since his prank was playful and innocent, he was sure he wouldn't get in trouble.

Her brows furrowed and she rolled her eyes, "Grow up Luhan." She snorted before returning to her book. He frowned at her reaction. He'd just have to do better.

As Eun Ri sat next to him during chemistry, Luhan would take up as much space as he could. He stretched his legs under the table. Since she hated his leg brushing against her, she'd curl up smaller, giving him more room. 

He also sprawled all his papers out and his binders. She would push his papers away but they'd end up spread out again, further. 

"Can you stop?!" She hissed. 

Luhan chuckled and spread his arms, stretching and hitting her in the head with his elbow. She growled and shoved him away but he kept his stance. She huffed and sat in her small space and began to do work. Maybe, just maybe if he could keep this up longer, she'd leave one day. Maybe. Luhan's lip curled into a small smirk before returning to his work.

 

 

Eun Ri hung her head low as she put her stuff away in her locker. It wasn't her day. All night, she was worrying about Mrs.Kang and how she was going to come up with the money soon. It didn't help that in the morning, the old hag had shown up at her door once again, smirking and giving her another bill.

But of course, she threw it onto her couch and left for school. 

To add to the morning, she had forgotten her homework folder at home which was lying on top of the bills, so she had to go through the whole day without her homework. 

Also, she had forgotten about her literature test so she had to skim as much of her book as she could at lunch and even though she still did so, she was pretty positive she had failed her test because most of the questions dealt with everything she didn't get to read. 

Filling her bag with books, she sat on the floor flipping through her papers when she felt something drop onto her head. She rubbed her head and pouted as she looked up to see Luhan with an innocent face.

"Whoops..." He chuckled. Eun Ri picked up the notebook he dropped on her head and tossed it down the hallway having the papers fly everywhere. 

"YAH!" She heard him scream. She suddenly felt herself getting yanked up harshly. She looked up to find Luhan with a red face. He dragged her to where his notebook had exploded. "Pick it up." He said coldly.

Pulling her wrist away from him, she rubbed her red and stinging skin. She glared at him, "It's what you get for dropping it on me." She wasn't having a good day and Luhan wasn't making it any better especially with him annoying her all day. 

Though he had only pulled innocent pranks, they all added up together. Eun Ri pressed her lips into a thin line and glared up at the male. 

Luhan scowled, "Why are you so annoying? Pick it up!" He shouted. 

Eun Ri was losing her patience. It was just a notebook, she didnt get why he couldn't pick it up himself. "Why are you such an ? You pick it up." She spat back. Luhan snarled and grabbed her wrist, dragging her to every corner that had his homework and notes sprawled. 

Eun Ri felt herself being thrown down and forced to pick up the papers. She refused to do what he wanted and sat on the floor.

"Stop being so stubborn!" Luhan shouted. Eun Ri growled and messily picked up the papers shoving them into his chest before running off and grabbing her bag. She shut her locker quickly and glanced back to see Luhan shoving his papers into his backpack.

"YAH! GET BACK HERE!" He shouted. Eun Ri stuck her middle finger at him and ran down the hall and out the door. 

Once she was outside, she slowed down thinking he couldn't catch up with her that quickly. But she was wrong considering Luhan now held her against the wall. 

"Let me go!" She shouted struggling as Luhan held her wrists above her head. "Luhan. Now!" She said sternly. She was feeling uncomfortable with how close he was to her. She could practically feel his breath on her, it was hot and smelled minty. 

"I don't get why you couldn't have easily just picked up my papers. It was all your fault anyways." He said.

Eun Ri squeezed her eyes shut and refused to look at him in the eyes. She had to admit, this may have been the first time she couldn't stare him down. She just couldn't, not with how close he was.

She hated his large brown eyes and how they just seemed to pierce into her. She despised how flawless his skin was and how perfectly shaped his lips were. She thought it was disgusting and if she could only punch his face enough to ruin his perfection.

"Yah! Look at me when I'm talking to you Kitten!" Luhan said impatiently. Eun Ri opened her eyes and growled. 

Before she could talk back, her phone began to ring. She squirmed in his hold and slipped one of her hands away to pick it up. 

"Hey! Listen to–mmmf." Eun Ri had managed to slip her other hand out and cover his mouth with it. "Shut up, I have a phone call idiot." She huffed.

Since Luhan was struggling, she used her weight and easily pushed him against the wall and pressed her hand against his mouth. 

She glanced at the caller ID and furrowed her brows. "Tae oppa?" She answered. She wondered why the older had called. Taemin didn't usually call her unless he wasnt going to be at work or there was an emergency. She had guessed he wasn't going to work since it seemed the most logical. 

She heard loud noises in the background and Taemin's heavy breathing. "R-Ri." She could hardly hear him over the...sirens? 

"Taemin? I can't hear you, speak up." She glanced back at Luhan who was still struggling to pull her hand off of him. She rolled her eyes and pressed herself against his chest to give her more pressure on his mouth. She could feel Luhan stop struggling and tense up. 

"A-Abeoji. Ri, Abeoji." On the phone, it almost had sounded as if Taemin was crying. 

"Oppa, please calm down. Start from the beginning, what happened?" Eun Ri grew worried. Had her grandfather fallen? Or had he spilt something on himself? She couldn't imagine what that old man had done. 

"A-Abeoji g-got s-sh-shot Ri. L-Last n-night. O-One of the other w-workers found h-his body th-this morning." Taemin began to cry hysterically. Eun Ri couldn't feel anything anymore. She didnt even feel Luhan push her off. She landed onto the ground as Luhan wiped his lips and fanned his flushed face.

"R-Ri, wait outside. I-I'm coming to p-pick you up." Taemin croaked. Eun Ri could only nod even though Taemin couldn't see her. She hung up the phone and slid it back into her pocket. 

She felt a weight press onto her. Luhan hovered above her with his knees on either side of her. He glared down at her. He was going to give her a piece of his mind when he noticed how pale she had gone. 

"YAH! Are you just going to lie there?!" Luhan shouted.

Eun Ri snapped back into reality and she didnt know how but everything came crashing down. Her Abeoji was dead. The man who had saved her was gone and she didnt even know how or why. She grew frustrated with the world and pushed Luhan off before getting up. She bit down on her lip hard as she began to cry.

She felt herself being grabbed and she looked up through blurry eyes at Luhan. 

"What is with you?! You're not the one who just got shoved down so why the hell are you crying?" Luhan said coldly. "For someone who claims to be so tough, you're arent. I mean what kind of tough person cries?" 

Eun Ri growled and yanked her wrist away. "MY ABEOJI DIED YOU ." She screamed. She watched as Luhan froze. Her chest heaved up and down and she could feel her heart sinking to the darkest, deepest pit inside of her. 

She let her tears flow freely. 

She could hear Luhan stuttering but she didn't care. She turned away from him but felt herself being pulled back. "Hey." His voice was softer. "Look I–"

She turned around and growled for allowing him to see her in this state. "Listen Luhan, leave. me. alone." She hissed through her gritted teeth. She shoved him off and walked towards the gate. She couldnt take him anymore.

Luhan was an but she thought he had to be jerky to some extent and no more but she was wrong. Even as she cried, he didnt seem concerned, not only until she said her Abeoji died.

She could see EXO waiting in the parking lot from the corner of her eye but she didnt even give them a glance.

They called her name but she didnt turn around once. Her mind was set on going to see what had happened to her grandfather. She needed answers.

She was glad she didn't have to wait for Taemin. If she did, she didnt know how she would have acted around the others once they caught up to her. She slipped into Taemin's car quietly and ignored the boys chasing after the car. 

She glanced into the rearview mirror and saw their expressions. She wanted to say sorry but she couldn't face anyone yet. The one person on her mind was her Abeoji.

 

 

In the hospital, she sat on a bench. Her legs were pulled up to her face as she continued to cry. She made no sound but instead let the tears freely flow down her cheeks and onto her jeans.

Taemin was inside the doctor's office arranging everything. 

Eun Ri scolded herself as she thought back to the times she has made her Abeoji mad at her, like the time she forgot to lock up the shop and the time she had gotten into another fight and he had to bail her. 

She wished she could go back in time and say sorry instead of acting like a brat and fighting with him. She bit down on her lip hard until she could feel the taste of iron on her tongue.

She wished she had hugged him more, kissed his soft, wrinkled skin more, and most importantly say "I love you more." She shook softly as she regretted everything she didnt do. 

I'm sorry Abeoji, I'm sorry I wasn't as caring as I should've been. I'm sorry for all the times I've made you upset and all the times I disobeyed you. I love you and I miss you Abeoji. 

The day grew later and Eun Ri was exhausted. She was positive she had cried herself out by the time Taemin left the office and took her to the police station but she was wrong. 

She began to cry again and managed to make a dent in the police officer's metal desk when they found out the reason behind his death. 

"Yes Mr.Lee. Your father was predicted to be in the shop and a man had come in and shot him as he was robbing him. It seems like he had given up a pretty good fight because there were visible bruises to the skin before he was shot." The police officer put down his papers. "We think the robber had come in, robbed him and shot him as he tried to fight." 

Eun Ri hated herself and never had she despised her own being so much until now. She shouldn't have left her Abeoji alone with that man last night. If she could have only stayed, maybe she could've saved her Abeoji even if it meant she would have died. She was willing to take multiple bullets for the man who took her in.

She shouldn't have let the man's innocent look fool her. It was always the quiet ones.

"The man is being held in jail right now. We will use your case in court against him. Until then, a funeral is suggested. We will see if we can find anymore evidence and contact you soon." 

Taemin lead the sobbing girl out of the office and into the car. She was still crying hysterically. "GOD, TAEMIN. IM SO ING STUPID. I COULDVE SAVED HIM." She screamed. Though burned, she didnt care. She was there and she didnt even think of what could have happened. She had let her guard down and because she did, her Abeoji was dead.

Taemin took her into his arms and pressed her sobbing face against his chest. "Ri, please. Abeoji wouldn't want to see you like this. He doesn't hate you Ri." 

Eun Ri began to cry even more thinking of how she couldn't save her her Abeoji, how she had let down another person in her life. First her parents, now her Abeoji. She was a burden to everyone. 

Because of her, Taemin had to deal with his father's death, the shop, funeral, the court case and even her. 

Taemin eventually calmed the girl down and drove her back to his apartment. He couldn't send the idea of leaving the girl alone in her apartment, one because she would be alone and two, her house was right above the shop. 

Eun R eventually cried herself out again and fell asleep leaning against the cold window.

He carried her bridal style up to his apartment. His good friend, Minho opened the door immediately at the two's arrival. 

Taemin had told his room mates about everything that happened and made sure Eun Ri had somewhere to sleep for the next couple of days. Though their apartment was small, they were able to make room for her in Taemin's bedroom. He would just sleep on the couch.

Taemin laid the girl down onto his bed and pulled the blankets over her. He bent down and brushed her hair out of her face. He kissed her forehead softly before pulling away. He felt terrible for the girl. She was too young to have gone through so much already.

 

Eun Ri saw her Abeoji sitting at one of the tables in the shop waving her over.

"Abeoji!" She shouted. He opened his arms to her as she jumped into them. She buried her face into his shoulder and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry Abeoji. I should've stayed and protected you. Please don't hate me." 

Her Abeoji pulled away and her face. "I could never hate you Ri. Don't ever think that I do. I ove you and I know you will be fine without me." 

Eun Ri could feel her eyes water. Her Abeoji gave her a warm smile, "I raised you well. You have grown up so much Ri. Make me proud. I love you." 

Eun Ri reached out but he began to fade. Instead of fighting back and trying to grab him, she smiled softly, "I love you too." She didnt want to waste her time chasing him when he couldn't come back.


*Updated Oct. 23, 2013*

I am going to apologize if you found it rushed or awkward. 

So yes, the man from the last chapter in her Abeoji's shop was actually the criminal from the TV. 

This just expressed how Eun Ri finds herself as a burden and you'll see in the next few chapters.

 

I hope you guys enjoyed. Xoxo. 

Bad day today so I'm not going to say too much. I hope everyone else had a nice day though. Love you guys ^^