Love in the Backseat

Titanic: The Shining Example

April 14th 1912

 

 

I plopped down on my bed and sighed heavily. That was the longest and most boring church service of my life. It started around 1:00 PM and didn't end until 6. I changed clothes and went to meet Kai. As I left my room, and walked into the sitting room of our suite, I noticed Jessica sitting with my parents.

 

“Byun Baekhyun... We need to talk, now,” my father said sternly.

 

“Jessica told us about Kai and we forbid you from seeing him,” My mother furrowed her brow in disgust.

 

“You can't... I'll go anyway,” I protested.

 

“WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO RUIN OUR FAMILY'S NAME, OR THE GOOD NAME OF TAEYEON'S FATHER!” My father screamed, his face turning red.

 

“This isn't about you. It's not about Taeyeon either. It's about me! For once in my life, IT'S ABOUT ME!” I yelled, running past him. He tried to stop me but I shoved him aside.

 

Soon I was at the bow of the ship. Kai was there, waiting for me. He took note of my dismayed expression.

 

“What's wrong?” he asked.

 

“My parents... they know,” I replied. He sighed,

 

“Close your eyes, don't open them until I say,” he instructed. I was slightly confused, but I followed his directions. I felt him pick me up. “Okay, open them,”

 

My heart started pounding as I opened my eyes. He was holding me up over the railing. It was like I was flying. Strangely enough, it was exhilarating!

 

“Kai, it's like I'm weightless!” I said.

 

“You are,”

 

He put me down and hugged me.

 

“You wanna see something amazing?” I asked.

 

“Sure, like what?”

 

“Come with me,” I took his hand and took him to the exhibit room. There were tons of cars on display; all the latest models.

 

“Wow these all look so cool!” He said, examining a red one. I wasn't sure what model it was.

 

“You should see the inside,” I said, opening the back door. He climbed in and I went in after him.

 

“This leather is so smooth. Feel this Baekhyun!” he touched my hand and I felt a slight shock. He must've felt it too since he pulled his hand away. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes. He touched my chin and gently pulled me in for another soul warming kiss. This time, neither of us backed off. We kissed passionately, and soon we were stripping off each others clothes piece by piece. He kissed my neck and I tugged his hair. The next hour was filled with the most euphoric sensations that I have ever experienced. Soon we were completely drained. We sat there; , covered in sweat and breathing harder than ever.

 

“Kai... that was... the best thing... I have ever felt...” I said between breaths. He smiled. God did I love his smile.

 

“I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it myself,” he said, running his hands through my messy hair. We heard voices outside.

 

“We've searched the entire ship, I have no idea where he is. Tell Mr. Byun we can't find him,”

 

I gasped.

 

“. My parents must've sent a search party for me,” I said, quickly pulling my clothes on. Kai put his clothes back on and we snuck out of the exhibit room. As we were walking, the ground started shaking.

 

“What was that?” Kai looked around, before taking my hand and walking me up to the upper deck. There was ice all over the place. I looked back and saw a large iceberg with a chunk missing.

 

“Did we just... hit that iceberg?” I wondered.

 

“Looks that way. Shouldn't be a problem though right, this ship is invincible,” Kai replied. I shrugged my shoulders and hugged him. This time the hug was for warmth. It was incredibly cold. We stayed up there for a while before heading back below deck. The staff looked very uncomfortable. Two men rushed passed us and I overheard part of their conversation.

 

“Didn't you hear? The engineer said that the ship will sink, we only have about an hour or two,”

 

“Wait, what did you say!?” I said, in shock.

 

“Um, nothing. Please, return to your rooms and a staff member will contact you shortly,” he replied as he and the other man walked off hastily.

 

“What are we going we going to do?” I started to panic.

 

“Stay calm Baekhyun, everything's going to be fine,” Kai assured me. Staff members were already leading people out of their rooms and to the upper decks.

 

“Everyone relax. There will be Brandy and Wine and a nice fireworks display while you wait. This is simply a drill to test the lifeboats,” They lied.

 

“Oh , I'd almost forgot about the lifeboats!” Kai said.

 

“What about them?” I asked.

 

“Well, the other day Sehun was counting the lifeboats out of boredom. He realized that there weren't as many as he thought there would be. Tao did the math... and there aren't enough lifeboats for everyone on board. I would have mentioned it earlier, but it didn't seem like a problem until now,” Kai explained.

 

“Well how many are there?”

 

“Twenty, each can hold sixty-five people. That's only enough for about half of the passengers,” he said. I looked at the people that the staff were taking to the lifeboats... They were all first class.

 

“Kai do you realize what this means!? Most of the third class passengers are going to die!” his jaw dropped.

 

“Oh no,” he whispered as he took off running toward the third class deck. I ran right behind him. We were in this together...