Epilogue

Titanic: The Shining Example

November 3rd 2012

 

 

The entire crew, including Mr. Parker and Jaejoong were in tears after hearing Baekhyun's story.

 

“My goodness... I had no idea that it was so heartbreaking,” Mr. Parker replied. Jaejoong looked into his grandfather's eyes.

 

“So you and grandma...”

 

“Our relationship was a mutual benefit for the two of us. She was the best friend I ever had, God rest her soul,” Baekhyun said.

 

“We never found any records of Kim Jongin, uh, Kai,” Mr. Parker said grimly.

 

“Well... there was a man named Kai... and he saved me, in every way that a person can be saved. He liberated me, and for that reason, he will always hold my heart,” Baekhyun replied.

 

“So... the bracelet is lost?” Mr. Parker asked. Baekhyun simply nodded. Strangely, he didn't seem disappointed.

 

“I believe that's probably for the best,” He said.

 

“Jaejoong... do you mind taking me to get some fresh air?” Baekhyun asked. Jaejoong nodded and helped him stand. Once they were on the deck. Baekhyun fished an elegant bracelet from his pocket.

 

“Grandpa... you, lied?” Jaejoong stammered.

 

“Some things need to be kept quiet,” Baekhyun replied as he tossed the bracelet overboard. Jaejoong smiled.

 

“It's where it should be,” he said.

 

Two Days Later

 

Baekhyun sat down on his bed, and glanced at the pictures that covered his nightstand. There were photographs of him, Luhan and Chanyeol, standing in front of the Statue of Liberty. A lovely photo of him and Taeyeon on their wedding day was next to it. He chuckled at Jessica, who was drunk and passed out on the table in the background. He smiled fondly at the photo of he and Taeyeon's only son, Junsu on his first day of school. The last photo was of his twin grandsons Jaejoong and Hyunjoong as newborns. Across the room was an authentic photo of the RMS Titanic on the day it set sail. He took a deep breath and turned off the small lamp. Baekhyun settled into his bed and closed his eyes... for the final time....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here we are... at the end of the story. I really hope everyone enjoyed it. Thank you all so much for showing me and this story so much love and support, I'm really grateful