Chapter 9- Confession

Reset(Book 2):The Twist

Onew held Yoona tightly. He promised himself not to let her go again. He would not miss this opportunity.

“You still love Yuri?” Yoona asked in between sobs. He let out a sigh.

“It was my mistake. I thought I have loved her. When all the while, the person I loved was just beside me. Before I know it, she has left me. My life then was a mess.” He turned her to face him.

 

Yoona was still sobbing. She was not looking at him. He held her chin up, and stared at her crying eyes.

 

“I am sorry if I was a fool. I will not let this opportunity pass. I have been patiently waiting for you to come back. To return in my life.” Yoona looked at him. She wiped her tears.

 

“What do you mean?” He brought her hand to his chest.

 

“Listen to my heart, Yoona. It’s yearning for you. It’s loving you since the day it saved you from crying.” She opened and closed it again. She merely looked at him, eyes bewildered. He smiled.

 

“Yes, Yoona. You heard my heart right. It has loved you throughout the years. And I have been a fool for realizing it so late. But now that you are here with me, I won’t let this chance pass.” He held her hands tightly.

 

“Please let me show you how much I love you.” “Y-you l-loved me? As in me? Im Y-yoona?” she stuttered. He laughed. “Yeah, you, Ms. Im Yoona. My best friend.” He stared at her, waiting for a response. She shook her head.

 

His smile vanished. He let go of her hand. Am I too late? He asked himself in a panic. “You love me,” he heard her sobbing again. “You love me,” she murmured again. He tried to touch her but she hit him.

 

“What was that?” he asked her, confused. She looked at him, this time, smiling and crying at the same time. “I have been waiting for this. You made me cry a river, do you know that?” He smiled, reaching for her hands. “But I’m telling you now. Will you still accept me?” He asked her nervously. She gave him a smile.

 

“Do I have a choice? My heart is telling me to reach yours.” He hugged her and she hugged her back. He knew that he needed not to hold her tightly because she won’t go. She won’t leave him again. She accepted him. Life could not get any better.