Chapter 8- Never

Reset(Book 2):The Twist

“Hurry up, we’ll be late,” Jessica told her.

Onew smiled. Jessica was still Jessica. Ever since, she was always on a rush. “Late for what?” Jessica gave her bag to Onew. “I set up a date. For you and Yoona.” He looked at her.

Surprised. “Whaaaat? How about Donghae? What were you thinking?” “Come on! I plan systematically. I asked Yoona if Donghae is her boyfriend. Negative. So to snatch Donghae away from Yoona, I asked him for a date tonight.” He laughed. “That’s cool! I love you much!” He hugged her. She hugged him back.

 

“I love you, too, Onew.” And before letting go, she whispered, “That is to make Yoona jealous, some trigger. She’s here.” When Onew looked over the door, he saw Yoona. Her eyes showed surprise and pain. She seemed to have witnessed their hug.

 

“Yoona,” he called her. “I’m sorry,” she tried to walk away. “Ohhhh, you were just right on time, Yoona! I called you because I forgot I have a prior engagement tonight. I already promised Onew for a dinner tonight. And I can’t make it. Can you please have dinner with him, instead?” Jessica said in a pleading voice. Yoona stopped walking.

 

“Please? I already made the reservation.” Jessica asked again. Yoona faced them again. “Okay.” Jessica hugged Yoona. “Thanks. And please mend the unsettled issues, okay? I wish you both well.” She grabbed her bag from Onew and left. Onew and Yoona were left alone. And there was silence. Onew cleared his throat.

 

“Yoona.” She sighed. “Do you still like Jessica? Are you trying to win her heart again?” Onew could see Yoona was about to cry. He felt her pain. He firmly answered, “No. I have only loved one person in my whole life, Yoona. And I promise to myself that I will love no other person until I die.” He reached for her hand.

 

Yoona bit her lip, trying to control her tears. “You still love her?” She turned her back. Onew felt that it was the right time to tell her. He did not let go of her hand.

 

“Don’t leave me again, please. The next time you’ll do it, I’m going to die.” She stopped.

Onew could hear her sobbing. He hugged her tight. He won’t let her go.

 

He won’t let her leave again.

Never.