Chapter 5- An Excuse

Reset(Book 2):The Twist

Onew could not help but observe Donghae. He was taking extra care of Yoona. He could sense it by seeing Donghae handing Yoona the plates.

 

He wondered why. “You’re in America for like five years! But we haven’t met there! OMG, America is really that big,” Jessica opened a casual talk. “Yeah, Donghae and I are classmates in Harvard. It’s actually a good thing to have some friend in a foreign country. Law is quite a challenging course,” Yoona answered.

 

Donghae held Yoona’s hand. “Yeah. I was forced by my father to take up law. I never thought I will be happy. But seeing Yoona there, now I’m determined to finish this.” Jessica let out a laugh.

 

“Who would have thought that you two would be friends? I remember Donghae bullying you back in elementary!” “It was my way to grab Yoona’s attention,” Donghae replied calmly.

 

Onew could not stand the conversation. He stood up. “Excuse me, I have a call.” He walked out without looking back. He could not understand what he was feeling. He felt terrible.. and jealous. It was obvious that something was going on between Donghae and Yoona. So Yoona spent her five years taking up law, with Donghae.

 

 He shook his head. He could not imagine what could have happened in those years. And as they have said, they were having a vacation here in Korea. And soon, they will be leaving again.

 

Leaving me again, he thought. “Was that Yuri?” Onew was stunned.

 

He was uncertain if he was only hallucinating. He seemed to have heard Yoona’s voice.

 

“Onew, was that Yuri who called you?” He could hear Yoona’s voice again. He looked back, and he saw her—standing before him.