Chpater 3- Revisiting the Past

Reset(Book 2):The Twist

Onew was shaking his head. He could not believe that his childhood best friend was no other than Jess Banks

 

. Jessica is Jess Banks. “Still surprised?” Jessica asked him. They were in a restaurant, taking a late dinner after the photo shoot. “Yeah,” he answered. “You were beautiful then. But you are—you are—so much much beautiful now!” Jessica laughed.

 

“Ohhh, greatest compliment received, so far. But look at you! You took a 360-degree turn! You no longer look weak, and you gave up your glasses. Mind me asking the reason why? A woman perhaps?” He smiled. It was nice to see Jessica again. “Yeah. I had a girlfriend before. She made some make-over.” Jessica pouted.

 

“Hey, who is this girl? I thought I will be your first girl friend!” He looked at her, asking. “What do you mean?” She jokingly hit his arm. “Remember when we were in grade 4, you proposed to me! I was in a total shock then! But I could not forget Yoona’s expression! She seemed to have lost her doll.” She laughed.

 

“By the way, how’s Yoona? Do you have any contact with her?” He looked away. He managed to smile drily. “She left Korea five years ago. We lost contact.” “Ohh. I see. I wish we could get some bonding again. I missed that cry baby Yoona. The mischievous guy Donghae used to bully her. I wonder how they are doing now,” Jessica said.

 

She seemed had not noticed Onew’s changed expression. He tried to change the topic. “I think there’s a lot of catching up to do.” She gave him a genuine smile. “Ditto.”