Chapter 10- Speerate Lives

Reset(Book 2):The Twist

“Jealousy was my greatest enemy,” Yoona told him. They were squatting in the sand, facing the shore.

“I was jealous that my mind went blank, and I decided to leave.” Onew chuckled. He reached for her and held her shoulders. “It was my fault. I was a fool then.” “But you liked Sica and Yuri, didn’t you?” She asked, staring at his eyes.

 

He laughed. “Hmmmm. Maybe, I was just amazed by them. But they did not enchant me the way you did. You stole my heart away.” She hit him, and laughed out loud. She pouted her lips.

 

“You really liked them.” He gave her a soft kiss in the cheek. “I may have liked them but I won’t love them the way that I am loving you now. And I promise to love you forever.” She smiled. “I believe you, Onew. And I trust you. But you have to trust me, too.” “What do you mean?” He asked her, confused. “You know that my family is in America. And—and I am not yet done with my studies. I have to be there.” She looked away and freed herself from his hug.

 

“I have to leave Korea.” There was silence. Onew could not understand his emotions. He could not think properly.

 

She continued, “I wanted to stay with you here. But I can’t. I have my life in America. And you have your family and life here in Korea. We can’t be together all the time.” She said in a shaking tone. Onew cleared his throat. “I understand. When are you leaving?” “In two weeks time,” Yoona was now crying. He hugged her.

 

“Hush. We still have two weeks. We will make the most out of this. And let’s see how things will work after. Let’s enjoy what we have now, Yoona. If I was able to wait for you for five years, I could wait a little more—even forever. Because I love you. I love you so much.”

 

“I love you, too, Onew.” And he kissed her tenderly.

He loved her. And he knew things would work.

He believed that destiny would help them.