XIII

Bloodlust

Sehun's mind was a jumble of emotions. Confusion - Luhan didn't seem like the kind of guy to cheat so openly.  Anger - on Yuri's behalf. And frustration on his own - here he was trying so hard to keep away from Yuri because she was Luhan's girlfriend, and Luhan didn't even care enough to be faithful.

Then Sehun told himself that maybe Luhan had had a bit too much to drink and maybe, since he was supposed to be a friend, he should go and attempt to save Luhan from himself - before Yuri happened upon the spectacle in the hot tub.

Reluctantly he strode over to the hot tub and tapped Luhan on the shoulder. 'Hey, Luhan. Are you sure you know what you're doing, man? Yuri's definitely at this party somewhere,' he warned.

Luhan looked up, startled. 'Er, yeah, it's okay. I know what I'm doing,' he said, in a slightly bemused kind of way.

Sehun shrugged. 'Well, it's your funeral,' he said. He figured there wasn't anything more he could do.

Seohyun stood up, droplets of water sliding down her body. 'Maybe I should, um, go somewhere else,' she offered. But she looked kind of spaced-out, as if she wasn't really sure what was going on.

Luhan gently pulled her down onto his lap. 'You're fine right where you are,' he told her. His eyes met Sehun's. 'But you might want to go someplace else,' he said pointedly.

Sehun nodded, sighed and got up to go.

 

'And, hey, don't worry, dude!' Luhan called after him. A grin broke across his face. 'Yuri's just as bad. It's all cool.' He twisted Seohyun's long, dark hair around his hand and used it to pull her face closer to his. Then he turned away from Sehun and kissed her.

'Let's go,' Chanyeol said as Sehun came back to join him.

Sehun nodded briefly, and they turned and walked away. 'Bet you wish you'd had your camera on for that special moment,' he murmured to Chanyeol as they circled round to the aft deck.

'No. Not dramatic enough,' Chanyeol joked as they approached the bar. 'Wait!' he exclaimed suddenly. 'They've got better stuff downstairs. Let's go there instead!' He veered in front of Sehun, but it was too late: Sehun had already seen.

Yuri and Tao, the diver from the swim team, were sitting on one of the leather couches near the bar. They were performing a little show of their own. And it was definitely Yuri this time - Sehun had a great view of her as she lifted her body to move onto Tao's lap, pulling him closer. Sehun couldn't look away as Tao slid his hands down over her while she traced the shape of his top lip with her finger.

 

'Sehun!' The sound of Chanyeol's voice broke the spell. Sehun blinked, then headed directly to the bar. The confusion and frustration he'd felt with Luhan had turned to ice in his veins. He didn't know whether to be mad at himself for trying to defend Yuri, or mad at her for totally not deserving it.

'I think there's a poker game going on in the master stateroom. We should check it out,' Chanyeol said, talking at warp speed. 'These rich boys need to be relieved of some cash.' He winced. 'Oops, sorry, I keep forgetting you're a rich boy, too. You haven't acquired the vibe. You should work on that. You can start by observing the others of your kind during the game.'

Sehun could tell Chanyeol was trying to distract him. He felt bad - after all, the girl Chanyeol was crushing on had been all over some other guy, too. And Sehun wasn't even officially crushing on Yuri, so why was he taking it all so badly?

He took a shabby breath, trying to get a hold of his whirling thoughts. 'You go. I'm going to be too busy getting seriously drunk.'

Chanyeol hesitated.

'It's okay. I'll catch up with you later,' Sehun told him.

Chanyeol nodded and disappeared down the stairs.

 

'Vodka and tonic,' Sehun told the bartender. With the amount of consumption he intended, he didn't think it would be smart to start mixing his drinks. He'd been such a clown. Luhan was clearly right about Yuri. And why wouldn't he be right? He was her boyfriend. He should know her.

The bartender handed him the drink and Sehun drained it in one long swallow.

'One more,' he said.

The bartender raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment. He was probably well paid to keep quiet about what kids were drinking at parties like this. Sehun took the second drink downstairs. He figured he might as well find out if the stuff was truly better down there.

But he didn't have the chance. Sulli Choi met him at the bottom of the stairs. 'New boy. You are going to dance with me,' she said, sounding emphatic and slightly drunk. Those were the first words she'd ever said to him. Or wait, maybe she'd once asked to borrow a pen in history.

'Fine,' he told her. He slapped his glass down - after it dry - and let Sulli take his hand and tug him over to the little dance floor.

Sulli wrapped her arms around him, pushing her body right up against his, but somehow Sehun still couldn't keep his mind off Yuri.

'You like the party?' Sulli murmured, smiling up at him.

'I guess,' Sehun replied. But it was a lie. For him the magical atmosphere of the yacht had become toxic. What was the deal with Yuri and Luhan? How could they both cheat on each other so casually?

'You're supposed to actually move your body when you dance,' Sulli teased.

Sehun jumped, and realized he'd just been standing still, gazing off into space. 'Sorry,' he said quickly. 'I didn't mean to space.'

'A little toasted, new boy?' Sulli asked, her brown eyes sparkling. She did a little shimmy down his body and back up again.

'A little,' he agreed. And what's wrong with that? he asked himself. After all, it was a party, he didn't have to drive home till morning, he could just crash somewhere, and everybody else was drunk, too. Why shouldn't he have fun? Yuri and Luhan and their relationship was just none of his business.

The music changed to a slower song, and Sulli twined her arms around his neck. Sehun slid his hands down her back, the sheer summer dress she wore felt silky under his fingers. Feeling bold - and drunk - he moved on down to her and squeezed.

He almost expected her to slap him, but she didn't. Instead, she just lifted her eyebrows with a smile and grabbed his right back.

Sehun was so surprised that he just laughed.

 

Sulli laughed, too, then moved in and began kissing his neck. Sehun closed his eyes and enjoyed the sensation. Her lips against his skin sent little tingles up and down his spine. Now she was nibbling on his earlobe like it was chocolate. Did she have a thing for him? Maybe she had some wild crush on him like he had on Yuri. True, she hardly knew him. But then, Sehun hardly knew Yuri, either.

I'm not thinking about that right now, he told himself. He kissed Sulli's eyelid, her nose, her cheek, until she gave up her lips, her tongue. He gave a half groan as moved off his mouth and down onto his throat, warm and wet. Sehun felt his body go liquid. He couldn't tell where he stopped and Sulli started. He felt he could stay in the moment forever and never want anything more.

The song changed again, got faster, but they didn't break apart. They swayed together, ignoring the new tempo for a minute or so. But then Sulli's hips began to move faster, and she stepped away a little, her body going with the music. Soon she was dancing again, their entwined hands her only contact with Sehun. He felt a little cold without her body pressed against him, but then the beat of the music seemed to seep into him and he found himself dancing. He barely even noticed when Sulli let go of his hand. He closed his eyes and let his body move with the pulsing rhythm.

'I'm going to get another drink. You want?' Sulli shouted over the music.

Sehun opened his eyes and saw her already moving away. 'No thanks,' he called back.

She gave him a little wave and boogied off the dance floor. Sehun wandered over to the sofa and dropped down onto it. His head was - ha! - it was swimming. He was a swimmer and his head was swimming, even though there wasn't any water! Or maybe there was some water in his head. Not too much, because water on the brain sounded like something bad. But you had to stay hydrated to keep your neuronians firing. Neu-somethings. Sehun chuckled. Neuronians sounded like the name of some aliens species on Star Trek.

Sehun closed his eyes and leaned his head back, thinking it over. Although thinking wasn't really the word for it. He felt more as if he were floating. the room spun around him, but pleasantly, like a carousel. The music seeped into his muscles and he felt himself relax.

Then the sofa cushions shifted under his body. He cracked open his eyelids. Yuri was sitting next to him. Beautiful Yuri. He smiled at her.

 

'Nice moves out there on the dance floor,' she commented. She took a sip of her drink. 'You ever considered working with a pole? You'd be a natural and I hear the tips are good.'

Sehun took her drink and finished it, then grimaced. 'What was that?'

'O.G.B, Original Gangsta Bull.' She took her empty glass back. 'Bull, gin and o.j...'

'I was drinking vodka,' Sehun complained.

'Sorry, I was actually planning on drinking my drink myself,' Yuri teased, like nothing had changed, like she was still... Sehun couldn't find the word.

The music changed again. Sehun could feel it pulsing through him. He laughed.

'What?' Yuri asked.

'I just like this song. It feels good,' he answered.

'Well, good,' Yuri said. Her long hair swayed with the music. He wanted to touch it. He wanted to wrap his hands in it and let the silken strands slide through his fingers. 'Want to dance?' he asked. 'Experience my moves for yourself?'

 Yuri smiled. 'Tempting,' she said. 'But I should so see what Luhan's up to.'

'He's up to no good. Just like you,' Sehun told her, feeling insanely happy. 'I saw you up there with Tao. Outrageous!'

'Outrageous?' Yuri frowned. 'I'm sorry. Have you ever even said hello to Sulli before today?'

'No. But I don't have a boyfriend.' Wait. Something was wrong with that sentence. Oh. He laughed again. 'I mean girlfriend. You're the one with the boyfriend.' He reached out and touched Yuri's face. 'Did you want me to wait for you? I wanted it to be you, but I didn't know if you'd have time to get to everybody. Every body.' Sehun chuckled. He was so witty.

 

Yuri pushed him away and jumped to her feet. Her eyes were cold as she stared down at him. Ice cold. He hadn't known dark eyes could look so cold. Then she turned and stalked away from him. The music slid out of Sehun's body as he realized that he'd just kind of called Yuri a . Or, at least, a . He had to go after her. Try to explain. He shoved himself to his feet, but all the bones in his legs had gone... somewhere. He wobbled, then slid down onto the floor, missing the couch. He'd totally fallen on his !

Somebody nearby began laughing at him, and Sehun laughed along. The soft vibrations from the yacht's motor tickled him and the music slithered back into his boneless body. Sehun couldn't remember ever feeling this way before - so... ecstatic! The yacht was a fantasy world again, and this was the best party ever. Sehun just kept laughing as the fantasy world spun around him.

 

 

*Note - Yuri is mad! Sehun, you should never say those things to a girl, especially if you like her, haha. Woah, so Luhan and Yuri have kind of an open relationship or something? Both making out with other people at Hyoyeon's party~