X

Bloodlust

'Get up, Luna,' Sehun called the next morning. He winced as he lifted his hand to knock on her door. Somehow Eunhyuk had managed to bruise his arm as well as his throat during the fight the night before.

No response.

Sehun opened the door and stepped into Luna's room, taking in the totally still form huddled beneath the duvet. 'Luna!' he said more loudly.

He still didn't get a response, so he reverted to his eight-year-old self. he leaned over his sister and flicked her ear with his forefinger. 'Luna! Now!'

She ignored him, pulling the covers all the way over her head. 'Go away,' she muttered. 'Do not come back until... ever!'

'Mom is making pancakes,' he told her. 'You love them. You have to get up and eat them.'

'I'm not hungry,' his sister said. 'I just need to sleep.'

'Fine. But don't come crying to me if Mom and Dad don't let you go to any more parties any time soon,' Sehun declared and turned toward the door, waiting for the reaction.

 

'What do you mean?' Luna demanded, sitting up slowly, her eyes worried.

'I mean that not coming downstairs for your favorite breakfast is like wearing a sign that says, "Hello, my name is Luna. I have a hangover and can't be trusted to behave responsibly until I'm at least eighteen",' he explained.

'but I hardly even drank last night,' Luna protested. She looked down at herself and frowned. 'Why am I still wearing these clothes?'

'That is not the question of someone who barely drank,' Sehun told her. 'And you're still wearing those clothes because I had to haul you up here and throw you into bed last night. You passed out in the car.'

'Not possible,' Luna said, yawning.

'And yet true,' Sehun answered. 'I hope Kai didn't have anything to do with your beverage intake or I'm going to kick his .'

'Kai?' Luna crawled out of bed and gave a cat-like stretch.

'Kai. You know, the guy you were playing pool with. We're on the swim team together.'

'Oh.' Luna frowned, clearly searching her memory without success. 'Yeah. Him. He was, uh, cute.'

Absurd. She obviously had no idea who he was talking about. 'Do you remember anything about the party?' Sehun asked.

'Damn straight.' A big smile broke across his sister's face. 'I remember it was the best night of my young life!'

 

'Luna actually said it was the best night of her life!' Sehun told Chanyeol as they slid their trays down the cafeteria food line at lunch on Monday. 'And I've been hearing stuff like that from people all morning.'

'People at DeVere do love the parties,' Chanyeol answered. 'And that one was especially wild. Not that I've gone to many of them before. I mean, I go to lots of parties - and not just ones with paper hats and Pin the Tail on the Donkey, either - but I don't get asked to many soirées taking place behind The Gates.' He added a salad to his growing collection of food. 'By the way, thanks for, uh, inviting me.'

Sehun laughed. 'Thanks for, uh, letting me know that I did before you showed up and all.' He grabbed a pomegranate/blueberry juice. He felt the need for some antioxidants before swim practice. The fight at the party had been seriously debilitating. His neck still hurt every time he turned his head. He'd actually worn a roll-neck yesterday - in Malibu! - to hide the bruises from his mom so she wouldn't freak.

 

'I can see why you, a near decent-party , thought it a ten on the grand scale,' Sehun said, grabbing a turkey sandwich. 'But I still don't know why everyone else is acting like it was Mardi Gras and the Superbowl all rolled into one.'

'Hey, I got to hang with Sohee. A girl who is hot and actually attainable. Unlike you, who was busy being friends with Yuri and Hyoyeon.' Chanyeol led the way over to the cashier. 'Not to mention your lame showing with the two babes you did manage to dance with. No wonder you didn't think the party rocked the casbah. You were basically there as a eunuch.'

'Rocked the casbah?' Sehun repeated.

'You have a problem with The Clash? They're on The Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack, and nobody knows music like Wes Anderson.' Sehun's face must have shown he had no idea what Chanyeol was talking about, because Chanyeol shook his head sadly. 'Wes Anderson, pretty passable director of The Royal Tenenbaums,' he explained.

'Never heard of him,' Sehun said. 'However, I believe that The Clash - and I only know this because of the younger-sister factor - was also on the soundtrack for What a Girl Wants,' Sehun commented.

Chanyeol stumbled backward, a hand on his heart. 'I'm not sure that our budding friendship is going to survive this conversation,' he said, mock-hurt. 'At the very least, I'm taking you to the Blockbuster in the mall right after school. It's no Mondo Video A-Go-Go - the best video store in LA, by the way, and a true videophile's paradise - but with your level of ignorance, it'll do. We'll start with a few Wes creations, then move on to David Fincher.'

 

'Sounds cool,' Sehun said. He was always up for watching new movies, not that he had the slightest idea who their directors were - and not that he cared. Chanyeol headed over to the usual table. Suho had already staked out his regular seat and was barricaded behind a book.

'So let's talk about Sohee. She looked somewhat into you my friend,' Sehun said. 'Clearly you were managing to keep your true self hidden.'

'She was grooving on the unadulterated Chanyeol,' his friend protested. 'She even helped me pro and con the soundtrack picks for my movie. Unlike you, she has an appreciation for the art that is film.'

'Again, I can see why you're giving the party the big two thumbs up - that's the movie-geek term, right? And I can even see why Luna was blown away by it.' Sehun took a bite of his sandwich. 'But I was expecting something more. And I'd definitely have thought that your average DeVere High senior would need more than what I saw to label a night "wild".'

'Wait. you didn't find the true party, did you?' Chanyeol leaned in and lowered his voice. 'Dude, you gotta go through the passage behind the bookcase and take the staircase down the dungeon. That's where the real depravity take place. The absinthe fountain, the -'

'You're an ,' Sehun muttered.

'But I had you going for a second. Admit it,' Chanyeol said.

',' Sehun repeated, smiling. But he couldn't help feeling that he had missed something at the party. Not a secret room, but something...

 

 

*Note - Sehun is just the sweetest brother, always caring for Luna. I wish my older brother was like that when he lived at home. -.-
Gosh, I just love the geeky Chanyeol. He's just such a cutie~