A Day in LA

My Turn (It's Your Turn SEQUEL)

“I don’t think we should post that…”  Tiffany peeked over Taeyeon’s shoulder and looked at the phone.

“Relax.  We’ll just cut out the middle!”

“Are you sure?”

“Psh, it’s not like someone’s going to know what we did in between the two cuts.  Our hands were covering the lens anyways.”

“I guess…”

Secretly, I really wished that maybe we could ‘accidentally’ show the world our relationship.

I hate hiding it.

But it’s the only way we can be together…

Tiffany sighed.

“What’s wrong, honey?  You’ve been sighing a lot lately.”  Taeyeon touched the post button and turned off the screen.

“Nothing…  It’s nothing.”

“It’s something.  C’mon.  You can tell me anything.”  Taeyeon put her arm around Tiffany’s waist and pulled her closer.

“I just get a little worried sometimes.  If we accidentally reveal our relationship to the world…  SM might decide to end our careers.”

“Well, the world won’t find out.”  Taeyeon smiled confidently.

“Sometimes I just wish the world would find out too.  The world should know that you’re mine and nobody else’s!”  Tiffany tapped Taeyeon on the tip of her nose.

“One day, Fany.  We just have to be patient.  The world isn’t ready for us.”

“I guess.”

“Well…  Not all of the world at least.”

“Some of the world?  Yeah, I guess our Soshi family counts.”

“Not exactly!”

“Who else?”

“Check this out.”  Taeyeon led Tiffany to the computer and logged in.  After five minutes of waiting for everything to load, she opened up the Google page.  “Type in TaeNy.”

“Okay…”  Slowly, Tiffany typed in the letters one by one.

Taeyeon grinned as all of the results showed up of the two.  She watched Tiffany’s expression closely, waiting for a smile.

Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat as she scrolled through all of the pictures, videos and fanfiction posts about the two.

“No way!”

“That’s when we declared our own shipping name!  Remember?  It feels like an eternity ago.”

“Wow, they’re really updated.  Even our LA stadium performance is online.”

“That day was amazing.”

“LA IS quite amazing.”  Tiffany laughed.  “I had a great time with you.”

____FLASHBACK____

“You can do it, Fany-ah.  I believe in you!”  Taeyeon kissed her girlfriend on the cheek before they walked out to the stadium.

Tiffany nervously took her place in the field.  She felt at home as LA is where she grew up but there was always a rush to performing in front of so many people.  She inhaled and exhaled slowly, feeling the adrenaline build up in her body.  She looked over to Taeyeon, earning a reassuring smile.

“Oh say, can you see…”  Tiffany began singing.

Don’t mess up, don’t mess up, don’t mess up.

Oh man that was off key.

She continued singing and eventually pushed through the nervousness which was building up inside her chest.  Finally with a bright smile, she waved at the crowd.

After the two had finished singing the anthems, they met in the middle of the field again.

“You did great, Fany-ah!”  Taeyeon laughed as Tiffany threw herself into Taeyeon’s arms.

____

“Ah, that wasn’t as good as when I practiced.”  Tiffany covered her face with her hands.

“Are you still sad about that?  C’mon, it happened yesterday.”

“But it was terrible!”

“What are you talking about?  That was amazing!”

“You’re just saying that.”

“I wouldn’t lie to you.  You have the voice of an angel.  My angel.”  Taeyeon pulled Tiffany into a back hug.

“…  Well, you looked a little bored when I was singing.”

“I uh…  I wasn’t bored.”

“You just stared at me with a blank face.”  Tiffany pouted.

“Eh…”  Taeyeon stepped back a few times.

“I knew it!”  Tiffany turned around and her face showed disappointment.

Taeyeon looked down.  A long silence passed before Tiffany turned back around and started walking away.

“Wait.”  Taeyeon called out.

Tiffany turned around.

“I wasn’t bored.  It’s just…  It’s just that…”

“Just what?”

“Every time I look at you, I can’t breathe.  Every time I hear your name, my heart flutters.  When you kiss me, my heart feels like it’s going to explode out of my chest.  I’m sorry.  It’s just that…  You still make me really nervous.  A good nervous.  Like…  Like I just wanna cuddle with you and then watch movies all day long.”  Taeyeon shyly looked down with a flushed face as Tiffany’s expression turned into a huge grin.

“Why, you cute little fluff ball, c’mere.”  Tiffany ran towards Taeyeon for a hug.

Instantly, seeing her girlfriend run right at her, Taeyeon opened her arms wide and a grin spread across her face as an idea also popped into her head.  Taeyeon lifted Tiffany off the ground and spun her around as she laughed happily.

“Hm, if anyone’s cute, it’s you.”  Taeyeon finally put Tiffany down and kissed her on the cheek.  “Now don’t be so hard on yourself.  You did great.  Really.”  Taeyeon looked lovingly into Tiffany’s eyes while holding her hands and caressing the back of them.

“Well, I guess I can’t redo it anyways.”  She sighed.

“I have just the thing to cheer you up.”

“And what’s that?”  Tiffany smiled, knowing that Taeyeon was the most childish and somehow the most romantic person she’d ever met.

“You always wanted to go to a fair here since the last time you went was when you were a kid.  Well.  I did a bit of research and it turns out, there’s a festival happening near a theme park here before we go back to Korea.”

“Really?”

“Consider it… my early birthday present to you.”

“You’re so thoughtful, Tae.”  Tiffany hugged Taeyeon and squeezed the life out of her.

“Unhhh I can’t breathe, Fany-ah.”

“So, when is it?”

“Well I think we should get ready…  It starts in two hours.”

The two spent the first fifteen minutes changing and fixing their hair.  After that, they killed time with conversation that never seemed to get boring between the two.  Taeyeon always had her special compliments that never failed to make Tiffany blush and smile.  It was obvious to everyone, even their relatives, that these two were perfect for each other.

“Do I look too… casual?  I feel like a slob.  I’m too used to wearing fancier clothes in Korea.  Here, I always just wore a hoodie.  Is it okay?”  Tiffany stood up and spun around.

“I…  I uh…” Every single word that Taeyeon had ever learned suddenly disappeared from her vocabulary.  There was always something about Tiffany wearing a simple hoodie and jeans that would take her breath away.

“You…  You what?”

“너무예쁘…”  Taeyeon’s usual love sick smile crept onto her face yet again.

“I’m wearing jeans and a sweater.  It’s not pretty at all.  Eh, whatever.  Let’s go.”  Tiffany stood up and walked to the door.

Taeyeon sat on the couch and simply stared.

“Tae?”  Tiffany turned around.  “Are… Are we going yet?”

Taeyeon opened , yet no words came out.  “I.  Uhhh…  Uh.”

“What are you doing?”  Tiffany laughed at the funny sight of her girlfriend short-circuiting like a robot.

Giving up on her speech, Taeyeon stood up and walked over to Tiffany with wobbly knees.

“Tae, are you alright?  You’re not sick are you?  Your legs are shaking!”

Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and placed it on her chest.

“Not pretty at all, huh?  My heart thinks differently.”  Taeyeon smiled.

“You… never stop being cheesy, do you?”  Tiffany grinned and took Taeyeon’s hand before dragging her out the door.

“Hello?!”  Sunny wandered into the central room, only to find it empty.  “HelloooOO!!!!”  Her own voice echoed back.  “Ugh.  Those two left me alone again.  Psh.  Might as well go shopping…”

____

“Whoa!  Look at the ride, Tae!”  Tiffany pointed in awe as Taeyeon admired the light in Tiffany’s eyes.

“Mm, sure looks amazing.  Do you wanna go on it?”

“Maybe later.  Let’s eat first.  I’m starving.”

The pair made their way to the hot dog stand and ordered a combo meal: two hotdogs, large fries, and a large drink.  They walked to an empty table and were about to sit down when suddenly, a voice called Tiffany from behind.

“Tiffany!”

Tiffany turned around and her jaw dropped.

“Krissie!  What are you guys doing here?”  Tiffany ran towards the two girls for a hug.

“We heard you were visiting LA so we planned on inviting you to the fair.  I guess you made your way here on your own!”

“Tae, these are my cousins.  This is Krissie and this is Debbie.”  She pointed to each of them respectively.

“Nice to meet you.”  Taeyeon smiled and shook their hands.

“Why don’t we all sit together?  Here, we have room.”  Tiffany sat down along with her two cousins, leaving the tiniest space for Taeyeon.  “Tae Tae, here.  Sit beside me.”  Tiffany smiled brightly as she moved over a little to make room.

“Sorry if we’re interrupting your date, Tiff.”  Krissie smiled.

“What?  H-how-”

“Oh, come on.  It’s pretty obvious.  We keep up with Girls’ Generation updates too, ya know.”

“Yeah, but it’s not directly stated or anything.”

“Can’t hide love.”  Krissie smirked, seeing as how her words made Taeyeon slightly shy.

“Wow, Tiff, your girlfriend is really shy.”  Debbie bluntly stated as she took a bite of her hotdog.

“Yeah, she is.  I don’t know why.”  Tiffany laughed.

“… I just really like you, okay?”  Taeyeon’s voice was almost inaudible.

“Aw!  She’s a keeper!”  Krissie pointed at Taeyeon.

If there was anything other than eye smiles that Tiffany and her cousins had in similarity, it was the volume of their voices.  That, and the fact that they kept switching between English and Korean, leaving Taeyeon completely confused.  Eventually, more and more people started to join them.  The table became overcrowded with unfamiliar voices and the room filled with chaos.  She had no choice but to sit still and pretend to listen.  Eventually, Taeyeon figured it would be good to give them some time to catch up.  She didn’t intend to get in the way of Tiffany and her friends which she must’ve missed dearly.

“Uh, excuse me for a second.”  Taeyeon stood up and walked towards the washrooms.

Suddenly, looking at Taeyeon, Tiffany’s heart dropped.

Oh my God.

I just…  I just excluded her.

“Uhm, maybe I should go with her.  I’ll be back.”  Tiffany excused herself from the conversation and followed Taeyeon.

“Tae…”  Tiffany approached her.  “Are you feeling left out?  I’m sorry.”

“No, no, it’s okay.  It’s your birthday tomorrow and you don’t see your cousins and friends here that often.  I understand.”

“No, it’s not okay.”  Tiffany suddenly hugged Taeyeon, who simply stood still with her arms dangling at her sides.

“Hey, relax.  I just thought you would want a little time to catch up with them.”

“I really don’t know anyone but my two cousins.  Hehe…  I guess they brought a party along.  M-”

Tiffany’s phone vibrated.  She looked at the message.

Hey, we’re all heading for the ride.  Meet us later if you want.  We know you have to fly back to Korea tomorrow, so if you want to just go back to the hotel to rest, it’s alright with us. - Krissie

Are you sure?  I don’t wanna leave you guys.”  Tiffany tapped the screen of her phone.

We don’t want to force you in case you might be too tired later. - Krissie

Alright then.  I guess I’ll text you tomorrow or something.

 “You wanna go back to the hotel?”  Tiffany turned to Taeyeon.

“If you want to.  Tonight is YOUR night.  You should decide how to spend it.”  Taeyeon smiled.

“I feel like having a few drinks tonight.”

Before Taeyeon could respond, she found herself being dragged to the bar.  She watched with wide eyes as Tiffany gulped down shot after shot during their conversation.

“Uh, Fany, slow down a bit.”

“You should drink a little too, Tae.”

“I don’t feel like risking a hangover tomorrow in case I drink too much tonight.  I’ll stay sober.”

With the times that SNSD had ever gone drinking, Taeyeon had become very accurate with every member’s alcohol tolerance.  Counting the shot glasses, Tiffany was nearing the limit of hers.

“You’re drunk.”  Taeyeon laughed at the sight of Tiffany who seemed to have lost her mind.

“I’m not drunk.  You’re just blurry.”

“Let’s go watch the fireworks or something.  Unless you’ll complain about those being blurry too.”

Taeyeon led Tiffany to an open area of grass where they sat down, hand in hand.

“They look so pretty!”  Tiffany cheered and waved her arms in the air.

“Calm down a little!”  Taeyeon couldn’t help but laugh at Tiffany who was laughing and hiccupping at the same time.

Suddenly, Tiffany caught Taeyeon off guard with a quick kiss.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea here.  You know, out in the open.  What if we get… get… caught.”

Of course, Taeyeon could never resist.  Tiffany grinned, feeling like she had just lured a victim into a trap.  Their faces were only centimetres apart before…

“Yah!”

Their heads were yanked apart by none other than…  Sunny.

“What did I miss?”  Sunny squished her way between them.

“Ugh.  Way to ruin the moment.”  Tiffany pouted.

“You know better than to kiss in the middle of a public place.  Someone could catch you!”

“Actually, she might not know better.  Not now at least.  She’s drunk.”  Taeyeon chuckled.

“I’m not drunk.  You’re just blurry!”  Tiffany flailed her arms again.

“Wow, okay, Taeyeon we should get her to the hotel.”  Sunny Suggested.

“Do you think you can call a cab?”  Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s arms and held them tightly.

“Okay, I’ll get us a cab.  You two, stay here.  Taeyeon, make sure she doesn’t break anything or whatever.”  Sunny walked off to hunt for taxi service numbers, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany alone.

At the very moment which Sunny walked out of sight, Taeyeon caught herself staring at Tiffany again.  Tiffany was staring back, both of them leaning closer and closer together.

Eyes, lips, eyes, lips, darkness, warmth.

Without stopping the kiss, Taeyeon pulled Tiffany’s hood up, followed by her own.

It was strange to Tiffany.  It was incredible.  It was amazing.  She could only go so long before she would start craving another kiss from her girlfriend.  At least tonight, her cravings were satisfied.

“You taste good.”  Tiffany wore a goofy grin.

“And you taste like alcohol.”  Taeyeon helped Tiffany stand up as Sunny appeared again.

“The cab is waiting at the main entrance.  C’mon, Tiff.”

“Whoa, the world is spinning.”  Tiffany stumbled around as Taeyeon tried to catch her.

“Forget it.  This is going to take all night.”  Taeyeon held Tiffany still before walking in front of her and bending over slightly.  “Get on.”

____FLASHFORWARD____

“I told you not to drink so much, Fany.”

“Whatever.  Hangovers don’t last for weeks or anything.”  Tiffany shrugged it off.

“You’re not going to throw up, right?”

“No, I don’t think so…  Why?”

“I feel like playing video games in a bit.  So if you want to kiss me, do it now, before you explode my character again.”

Haha…  You know me too well, Tae.

 

Not the best chapter, but I reallly hope you guys like it.  It's a bit of jumping back and forth because it's a flashback of what REALLY happened in LA ;D  I'll let you guys imagine what might've happened after Taeyeon returned to the hotel with drunk Tiffany that night XD I shall not invade the thoughts you guys have that may or may not be appropriate. LOL

I hope you like the main picture too!  The words are a really really amazing slow song called Never Stop by Safetysuit.  I prefer the wedding version.  Play it during Taeyeon's cheesy parts in the first chapter.  It adds like 50% of the feeling to it! ;)

I hear SNSD is in Las Vegas right now.  HO HO HO.  More writing material!

Happy reading! ♥