Half a Heart

My Turn (It's Your Turn SEQUEL)

ANGST WARNING!!!

 

“T-Taeyeon?  Oh my God, what did you do?”  Tiffany screamed as soon as she entered the room.

“It hurts, Fany-ah, it hurts.”  Taeyeon continued to sob.

“Taeyeon!”  Tiffany ran towards the girl and grabbed her arm.  “Let go!”  She shook Taeyeon’s hand but the girl refused to let go.  “Taeyeon!”  She grabbed the bottle and pulled but Taeyeon held onto it.   Tiffany pulled harder, ignoring the fact that her hand was now bleeding too from the broken glass.

“AGH!”  The bottle was finally released from Taeyeon’s grasp but her hand was closed into a fist again.

“Taeyeon, why?”  Tiffany knelt down, tightly hugging Taeyeon around the shoulders.

“You let go of me.”  She whimpered and cried more and more; her tears falling on Tiffany’s arms.

 “Poor baby.”  Tiffany slowly leaned unconscious Taeyeon against the wall and stood up to find bandages, cream, and wet towels.  She returned and sat down, facing Taeyeon to clean her wounds before wrapping bandages around her hand after applying ointment.  She used a clean, moist towel and gently wiped Taeyeon’s face, neck and arms.  Feeling tired, she kicked the shards of the bottle to the side and away from herself and Taeyeon.  She sat down beside the girl and held her as she slept.

Oh God.

What have I done?

____

Taeyeon opened her eyes, slowly.  Her head throbbed in pain, almost as much as her heart.  She could feel the tears from the night before, still wanting to come out.

No more crying.

She thought to herself while shaking her head.  She looked down, noticing the bandages on her hand.

Who put those there?

She tried closing her fists; feeling a sharp pain course through her fingers and watching red colours appear on the white cloth.  She gasped and instantly unclenched her fists.

“Taeyeon?”

“OH GOD, WHAT’S HAPPENING TO MY HAND?”

“Stop!  Don’t move.”  Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist, slowly unraveling the bandages.  She stopped.  “Look away.”

Taeyeon turned her gaze to the other side, closing her eyes tightly.

“I think we should get you to a nurse.”  Tiffany pulled out her phone and dialed in her manager’s number.

“Hello?”  His voice was heard on the other end.

“Get us a car to the hospital.”

“What?!  Why?”

“I think Taeyeon might need stitches.”

“Oh God, what did she do?”

“I’ll explain later, just get us to the emergency room or get us a nurse.”

Tiffany hung up while on the other end, their manager panicked.  He quickly called for help, feeling nervous from the crying that he heard on the other end during the conversation with Tiffany.

____

“Tiffany… is Taeyeon okay?”  Yoona appeared in the doorway.

“I… I don’t know.”  Tiffany looked into the room where Taeyeon was sitting.  The poor girl didn’t dare to look at her hand.  “She was drinking and she smashed the bottle.  She cut herself on the glass.”  She stood up.  “I’m going inside.  Could you watch my stuff?”

“Yeah, yeah, sure.”  Yoona nodded.

Tiffany looked in the doorway.  She saw Taeyeon looking away and shaking.

“This is going to hurt a bit.”  The nurse held a wet cotton ball, probably soaked in peroxide.

“Just do it.”  Taeyeon bit her lip.

She felt someone hold her other hand.  Still being too scared to look away, Taeyeon just squeezed their hand tightly as the nurse cleaned the wounds again.

“We’re done.”

Taeyeon felt the nurse wrapping bandages around her hand.  She noticed that her other hand felt cold again.  She opened her eyes and looked to the left, searching for someone.  Disappointed, she looked back at her other hand, feeling her cuts pulsate under her skin.

“You’re lucky that the cuts weren’t too serious.  You don’t need stitches but just try not to move your hand too much so that your wounds won’t keep splitting open.”  The nurse smiled.  “You’re good to go.”

Taeyeon stepped outside, only to be disappointed again when she only found her manager and Yoona.

“Taeyeon.  You can’t go around hurting yourself like that.”  Her manager stepped forward and reached out for her hand.

“Why?  So I can continue being your stupid puppet?”  She pulled her hand away, giving him a hateful glare.

“Taeyeon.  Don’t be like that.”

She ran out the door and got in the van as quickly as possible to avoid having to face anyone else.

“Taeyeon, this is a stupid question… but… are you alright?”  Yoona sat beside Taeyeon and hugged her.

“No.  I almost needed stitches.”

“… That’s not what I meant.”

“Either way… no.  I feel like… like someone punched me in the stomach really hard.”

“Don’t you mean your heart T-”

Suddenly, Taeyeon ran out of the van and back into the building.  She dashed into a bathroom stall and slammed the door shut behind her before vomiting.

“Taeyeon!  Taeyeon?  Are you alright?”  Yoona ran inside the washroom and knocked on the stall door.

“No…”  A quivering voice was heard on the other side.

____

“Hello?”  Tiffany answered the phone, only to receive more bad news.

“Tiffany, where did you go?”

“I went to buy spare bandages and antiseptic cream.”

Yoona sighed on the other end of the line.

“… what happened…?”  A knot formed in Tiffany’s stomach.

“Taeyeon threw up in the washroom and we’re bringing her back to the dorm.  She’s fevering up.  I think she’s getting really sick.”

“I-I…  I’ll be there as soon as I can.”  Tiffany hung up.

Oh God, why.

­­____

Taeyeon looked up at the blank ceiling, feeling empty without a certain someone beside her.  She touched her forehead, almost startled by the heat.  She sighed in frustration while running her fingers through her messy hair that was sprawled over her face.  Before five minutes had passed, she was unconscious again, not even bothering to find a blanket.

She slept for hours, ignoring the sounds that she heard in her room in the middle of her nap.  She opened her eyes.  With a first instinct to brush her hair out of her face, she felt surprised to find her hair already neatly tucked behind her ears and a moist towel on her forehead.  She sat up, feeling cold as her bare arms were exposed as the blanket slid off.

Pink…

The moist towel fell onto her lap.

Pink…

She looked to the floor where there was an empty space instead of a pile of broken glass and a puddle of alcohol.

“How long have I been asleep?”  She reached for her bedside table.

My phone’s gone.

“Five years?”  She chuckled bitterly.

Her fingers brushed against something warm.  She wrapped her fingers around a cup.

It’s full.

She took a sip.

My favourite….

She stood up and walked to the closet, thinking to change.  She walked by the mirror and stopped, noticing her different attire.

Pink…

If it weren’t for her throbbing head and bandaged hand, she would think she was okay.  She certainly looked like it… until she started crying again.

“God I miss her.”

“Are you crying again?”  Her manager walked into the room, along with Yoona.  “Why are you taking all this so poorly?”

“Look, you got what you want, okay?  We’re broken up and you still get to make money.”

“W-we’re breaking up?”

Tiffany walked in from behind her manager.

“And that’s why?  For our jobs?  You have a sports car and you were shopping for jewelry the other day!  You’re rich for crying out loud!”  It was Tiffany’s turn to run out in tears.  She stopped for a second before running out the door.  “I didn’t kiss him.  I pushed him away.”

“Tiffany! Wait!”  She called out but the girl didn’t stop.  “That’s… that’s not what I meant…”

Taeyeon sat down and buried her face into her palms.  The tears came again to accompany her aching heart.  Her manager and Yoona stayed silent while Sooyoung, Seohyun and Jessica entered the room, not daring to say a word.

“I wasn’t shopping for jewelry.”

 

 

Everyone teared up,  already knowing what she would say.

 

 

“I was buying a ring.”

 

 

 

 

I'M GONNA CRY.

I NEED TO GO.

OK.

ENJOY

AHHHHH

Some quick angst to get everything out guys.  I promise, the fluff will be here soon!

Happy reading! ♥