One Day, I Will

My Turn (It's Your Turn SEQUEL)

“Sooooo…  Taeyeon.  What are you going to do tomorrow?  You know… for Valentine’s Day?”  Jessica nudged her and winked.

“I’m going to punch Yuri for taking Tiffany to Italy a while back.”

“Aish, get over it, you jelly doughnut.  I meant what are you going to do with Tiffany?”

“…”  Taeyeon smirked.

“NO.  CLEAN THAT MIND OF YOURS.”

“I’m just kidding, jeez.  Hm… Let’s see.  I’ll take her out for dinner, watch one of her favourite romantic movies, go for a walk, cuddle, bombard her with hugs and kisses, stare at her…”

“You’re so mushy.”

“Blame Tiffany.  She made me this way.  Being away from her for a while just made me crazier.”

“Yuri told me all about their trip to Italy.”

__FLASHBACK__

Tiffany browsed through her phone while waiting for Yuri to finish up in the washroom.  She was sitting at a restaurant in Italy, making use of the free Wi-Fi.  She logged into Taeyeon’s Instagram and grinned upon seeing the newest picture of Taeyeon’s puppy face while she was resting on a pillow.  She exited the application and typed another message for her girlfriend.

Tiffany:  Oh, stop sulking, Taeyeon.  You’re in HAWAII!

Taeyeon:  I’d rather be with you T-T

Tiffany:  Be a good girl and stay put.  I’ll be in your arms before you know it ;)

Taeyeon:  I miss you.  So, so, so much.

“Oh, Tiffany.  You are so in love with this girl.”

“Huh?”  She looked up at Yuri.

“Every time we sit down for a break, you whip out your phone to text her.”

 “Could you blame me?”  Tiffany smiled.  “I love her.”

“That was so cheesy… but cute!”

Tiffany:  I gotta go, now.  Be good!

Taeyeon:  Why do you tell that to me every time?  I’m not a bad girl!

Tiffany:  Sure… sure ;)

Taeyeon:  Argh…  I’ll get you for that.  But until then…  Be safe!  I love you! :)

Tiffany:  I love you too, TaeTae ^^  I’ll see you soon.

“We should’ve just brought Taeyeon along.  We could’ve, you know?”  Yuri shrugged while standing up.

“She has a commercial to shoot.  Besides, if she has a few days away from me, I’ll return home to a nice treat.”

“Tsh…  Selfish, much?”  She crossed her arms and smirked as they made their way out the restaurant.

“Yah, I was kidding.  I’ll return home WITH a treat for HER.”

“And what’s that?”

“Hugs and kisses all the way!”  Tiffany smiled, feeling excitement and butterflies in her chest.

“That’s more like a hunting plan… Trap Taeyeon between a wall and your lips, she’s practically defenseless.  Are you sure you’re not trying to kill the poor girl?”

“Oh please.  She loves it.  She’s like a little wolf.  She’s cute and playful when she wants to be but at the same time, she can be a bit of an animal that knows how to play rough…”

“Ohhhkay…  Wipe that image off your mind…”  Yuri jokingly knocked Tiffany in the head.

__FLASHFORWARD__

“Psh.  And you call me a predator.”

“Yeah, and it’d be nice if we could soundproof your room.”

“YAH.  JUNG SOOYEON.”

“I’m kidding!  I’m kidding!”  She laughed.  “Look at how much you’re blushing.”

“Taeyeon’s blushing?”  Tiffany popped up behind Taeyeon, startling her.  “Yah, you aren’t hitting on Jessica, are you?”

“No!  No!”

“Just kidding.”  She hugged Taeyeon and leaned back to kiss her on the nose.  “I love you.”

“Not as much as I love you!”  Taeyeon kissed her back on the forehead.

“Ohmygod okay, I’m leaving.”  Jessica turned and threw her hands up in defeat.

“What would you like to do tomorrow, Tiffany?”

“Anything.  As long as I get to spend the day with you, I don’t care.”

“But don’t you want to do something romantic and everything?”

“Knowing us, we might just sleep in.”  They laughed.

____

Little did they know, they had jinxed the chances and woke up late in the afternoon.

“Tiffanyyyyy.”

Tiffany woke up to a familiar voice along with feathery kisses on her ear, cheek and lips.  She giggled and cupped Taeyeon’s face in her hands.

“Hi, honey.”

“Hey, beautiful.”  Taeyeon smiled and said in a sleepy, rough voice.  She sighed before plopping herself down on top of Tiffany.

“Ahh!  You’re heavy!”

“Oh, shut up.”  Taeyeon squeezed her arms around Tiffany’s waist, earning a laugh from the latter as she snuggled into her neck.  “I’ve got plans for us today.”

“Does it involve sleeping in?”

“Yes.”

“Nice plan…”

“Sorry.  I like hugging you too much.”  Taeyeon looked up, connecting their eyes with a loving gaze.  “You don’t mind, do you?”

“Not one bit.”  She held Taeyeon tightly and rolled over, flipping their positions.  “Only if you don’t mind being my teddy bear.”

“Don’t you mean… Tae-ddy bear?”  Taeyeon laughed uncontrollably at her own pun.

“That was so lame.”

“I have so many more of those for you, today.  This is what a fool sounds like when it’s a fool in love.”

“Taeyeon is in love with me.”

“Yeah, I am.”

“MY Taeyeon is in love with me!”

“Yah, why are you saying it like that?”

“Because you’re hopelessly in love with me.”

“Eh, stop it!”  Taeyeon pouted.

“You’re hopelessly, foolishly, head-over-heels in love with me!”

“Yah!”  She removed her arms from around Tiffany’s waist and covered her face.

“I was just trying to make you blush.”  Tiffany grinned.  “You’re always doing that to me but you’re the one who’s just too cute when you blush.”  She lifted herself up and captured Taeyeon’s lips.  When she was pushed back, she laughed at Taeyeon’s flushed cheeks.   “Sorry.  I just love how you turn pink every time we kiss.”

“When you’re kissing me like this, I really can’t help it.”

Tiffany took Taeyeon’s hands and pulled her into a sitting position.  She kissed her again.  This time, Taeyeon didn’t resist and just moved her lips against Tiffany’s.  She instantly melted and felt her cheeks burn when Tiffany held her wrists and caressed them with her thumbs.

“Your arms are like jelly, right now.”  Tiffany laughed, interrupting the kiss.  “What happened to the strong leader, Taeyeon that I know?”

“She became the lovesick victim, TaeTae that you said you loved.”

“Loved?”

“Yeah.”

“No, Taeyeon.  I didn’t say I loved you.”

“W-what?”  Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows in concern as her heart skipped beat.

“You’re the one that I love.  Not loved.”  She placed a tender kiss on Taeyeon’s forehead, making her blush again.

“I love you.”  Taeyeon looked up at her with loving eyes.  “Don’t ever forget that.”  She returned a forehead kiss and surrounded Tiffany in her arms.  “I think I’d like to wake up every day with you in my arms.  You’re so warm.”  She sighed, feeling relaxed.  Suddenly she tensed up, almost startling Tiffany.  “Oh!  I have a present for you today.”  She slid off the bed and stood at the foot of it.  She smiled confidently and lifted her chin.

“You didn’t have to get me a present, TaeTae.”  Tiffany giggled upon seeing Taeyeon’s expression.

“My present to you is me.”

“I thought you were already mine.”

“Well, yes…  But today, I will do anything you want me to.  Anything at all!”

“Anything?”  Tiffany raised an eyebrow and stood up while grinning.

“You’re wearing your mischievous face and it scares me, but yes.  Anything.  Because time and effort is the best gift you can give someone.  I’m giving you all of me and you can take anything from this.  Breakfast in bed, piggy back rides for the whole day, unlimited kisses, foot rub, you name it and I’ll do it!”

“Anything…”  She pushed Taeyeon back and back until she hit a wall.  “Anything…?  Hm…”  She slid one hand from Taeyeon’s shoulder to the wall behind her as the other one made its way down to hold the girl by the waist.

“A-anything.”  Taeyeon gulped and pressed her palms flat against the wall.

 “I just want you around.  I don’t care what we do.”  Tiffany pressed her forehead against Taeyeon’s.

“But I still want to do something special for you.”  Taeyeon pouted.

“You’re too cute.”  She giggled and pecked Taeyeon’s pouted lips.

“Ah!  I have an idea!”  She shoved Tiffany towards the closet.  “Get ready!  We’re going for a walk!”

Tiffany simply laughed and obeyed while secretly excited to be going on a date with Taeyeon.

“Ready?”  Tiffany approached Taeyeon after throwing on a skirt and sweater.

Taeyeon turn around and of course, didn’t bother to resist treating her eyes to the sight before her.  She smiled as a thought crossed her mind.  They were so different; in style, in personality, capabilities, and so on but at the same time, they were so perfect together.  Tiffany would be the type to wear a skirt and flats on a casual walk at the park.  Taeyeon stood at the door, wearing skinny jeans, a loose jacket and her favourite pair of Converse sneakers.

“Yeah.”

“What are you looking at?”

“You.”

“Eiii…  You are too cheesy.”

Pardon the way that I stare.  There’s nothing else to compare.  The sight of you leaves me weak.  There are no more words left to speak.  But if you feel like I feel, please let me know that it’s real.  You’re just too good to be true.  Can’t take my eyes off you!”

“Yah!  Save it for our concert, you cheeseball!”

“Alright, alright.  I’ll spare you this time.”  She stretched out her hand.  “Let’s go, Fany-ah.”

They walked to the park, hand in hand, like Taeyeon had always dreamed about.

“I think it’s starting to rain.”  Tiffany looked up.  She then looked at Taeyeon grinned.  “Tag!”  She tapped her on the shoulder and started running.

“Come back here!”  Taeyeon ran after her.

“You can’t catch me, short legs!”

“YAH!  Your legs aren’t that much longer!”  Taeyeon reached out and tapped Tiffany on the back.  “Tag!”  She ducked, just dodging Tiffany’s retaliation.

“Ta- Stay still!”  Tiffany laughed and ran after the shorter girl.

“I have short legs, but I can run!”  Taeyeon continued running but eventually reached a fence.

“You’re cornered!  Haha!”

Just as she reached out, Taeyeon threw her arms around Tiffany’s waist, almost throwing them both off balance.

“Ah!  TAE!”  Tiffany shouted, both laughing and stumbling around while locked in a warm embrace.

“Hey.”  Taeyeon leaned back with her hands still on Tiffany’s waist.  “Maybe we should head back.  I don’t want you to catch a cold.”

“No, it’s fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’ll be fine!”  Tiffany laughed.

“I’m just worried about your health…”  Taeyeon looked up.  “It’s getting heavy.  You’re all soaked.”

“It’s just water.”  Tiffany shivered and brushed her arms for warmth.

“Look, you’re cold too.”  Taeyeon removed her jacket and wrapped it around Tiffany’s shoulders. “There.”

“Thanks.”

“Now, let’s go home.  It’s not good to stand in the rain.”  Taeyeon stopped as Tiffany pushed on her chest.

“Wait.”  Tiffany bit her lip before speaking again.  “Kiss me, first.”

Taeyeon smiled and leaned closer, obeying the words of her lover who closed her eyes and enjoyed every second of it.  Tiffany let her mind wander.

Her lips are so soft…

Meanwhile, her heart was pounding as loud as the rain falling from the sky.

Taeyeon slid her arms around Tiffany’s waist, pulling her in closer.

She’s so gentle…

Tiffany sighed, feeling like she was in her own little happy world for a while.  Ignoring their wet hair and clothes, they continued until both of them desperately needed air.

“Tae?”

“Hm?”

“…  I think I’m in love with you.”  Tiffany quietly spoke while looking embarrassed as Taeyeon chuckled.

“I know.”  She smiled.  “Let’s go?”

They went home and spent the day on the couch, cuddling, talking, and having tickle fights, joking around, playing video games and watching movies.  After having dinner that Taeyeon prepared, Tiffany was told to stay in the kitchen for a surprise.  Taeyeon arrived at the doorway, half hidden by the wall.

“I would’ve gotten you a rose for every second that I’ve loved you but I kind of lost count when I got to infinity.”  She smiled as she stepped sideways, revealing a giant bouquet of assorted flowers.  “Well…  I figured this would be the next best thing.”  She scratched her neck before holding out the flowers.  “I hope you like them.”

“Awww, Taeyeon!  You didn’t have to.”  She ran towards Taeyeon and accepted the flowers before hugging the life out of the latter.

“One measly little rose isn’t enough to show you how much I care.  Well… even this isn’t enough.  But it’s a little closer.”

“I got a present for you too.”  Tiffany walked to the freezer and pulled out a tub of mint ice cream.  “Heh… It’s not in the least bit romantic but I know you love ice cream.”  She handed Taeyeon the ice cream and giggled, watching the latter’s eyes light up upon seeing it.

“I don’t need ice cream.  I get full just from watching you eat.”  She smiled.

“So… you won’t want it? OK!  I guess I’ll just eat it, myself!”  Tiffany joked.

“No, no!  My baby!”  Taeyeon hugged the tub to her chest.

“Tsh… you’re such a kid.”

“Uh, hey, Tiffany, I know you’re tired but could we do one last thing?”

“Yah, Tae, it’s 1am already.  Why don’t we leave it to tomorrow?”

“Please, Fany-ah?”  She held out her hand for Tiffany and smiled.

“Alright, alright.”  Tiffany held onto Taeyeon’s hand and stood up.  She allowed Taeyeon to bring her to the living room of their dorm.

When the pair reached the center, Taeyeon bent down and kissed Tiffany’s hand before reaching out for a remote.  With the press of a button, a slow song played.

“May I have this dance?”  Taeyeon bowed and offered her hand again.

Tiffany smiled from ear to ear, almost tearing up.  She took Taeyeon’s hand, letting the latter lead the dance as they slowly swayed to the beat.

I could be recognized from a distance.

Yeah, I could be the biggest name on the screen.

Singing and dancing forever, signing my name for whoever

It’s all in my reach

If I give it all

That I got

I get there

To the top but I don’t even wanna go

If I have to go there alone

Tiffany couldn’t help but grin at Taeyeon’s choice of song.  The lyrics fit them so well.  She admired the latter’s eyes, which were looking back at her with the same, if not more affection.

So set me on top of that mountain

Let me fly to the ends of the world

I can go anywhere

But if you’re not with me there

It’ll never be enough

There’s no place like us.

There’s no place like us.

Taeyeon was starting to feel shy so Tiffany leaned forward and hugged her while they continued to slow dance.  She felt Taeyeon loosen up and relax.

If I find the other side of the rainbow

Well I find that the gold ain’t worth any price

‘Cuz if we ain’t there for each other

Then all I got doesn’t matter

No it won’t be right to

Give it all

That I got

And get there

To the top

If you’re not up there with me

There’s nothing I wanna see so

So set me on top of that mountain

Let me fly to the ends of the world

I can go anywhere

But if you’re not with me there

It’ll never be enough

There’s no place like us.

There’s no place like us.

Tiffany felt Taeyeon tighten her hug around her waist and smiled.  She squeezed back.

It doesn’t matter where we are

Or matter how far

‘Cuz even when we go our separate ways

We’ll be the place

I believe that I can do it

But alone I won’t get through it

We know we gotta stick together cuz

No matter what

There’s no place like us

“Y-yah, Tiffany are you crying?  What did I do?  What’s wrong?”  Taeyeon leaned back, to look at Tiffany’s face, only to be pulled back in.  “T-Tiffany?”

“Promise me that we’ll stay together.”

Taeyeon chuckled and squeezed Tiffany in her arms.  “I promise.”

“Taeyeon.”

“Hm?”

“I love you.”

Suddenly a collection of high pitched screams was heard from the other side of the room.  Taeyeon looked up and smiled, finding the rest of her group members watching from the doorway.

“Woo!  Way to go, Taeyeon!”  Sunny cheered, breaking the silent and romantic atmosphere again.

“TaeNy, TaeNy!”

“You guys are too cute!”

The members cheered them on as the duo just stood there in an embrace.

Eventually the members left them to continue their moment alone.  Taeyeon leaned back and smiled as their gazes connected.  She wiped away Tiffany’s joyful tears with her thumb and admired her perfect face.

“Kim Taeyeon, you had better marry that girl!”  Sooyoung’s voice called from the other room.

Taeyeon chuckled while looking deep into Tiffany’s chocolate-brown eyes.

“I want to, so badly.”  She kissed Tiffany on the forehead.  “And one day, I will.”

 

Sorry this one took so long, guys.

Ah...

I had a rough day >.<

Valentine's Day isn't amazing for everyone, you know...

 

Anyways

 

Happy reading! ♥