Merry Christmas, My Love

My Turn (It's Your Turn SEQUEL)

Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the brightness of the Sun shining through the window.  She turned to the left side and upon seeing her view, she tried to prevent herself from bursting into laughter.  Muffled snorts and giggles were heard, waking Tiffany up.  As soon as she opened her eyes to the sight of Taeyeon, they curved into crescent shapes.

“Morning.”

Taeyeon continued to laugh.

“Hey…  What’s so funny?”  They both sat up while pushing the blanket to the edge of the bed.

“Hehehe…  You have severe bedhead this morning.”  Taeyeon was unable to stop giggling at Tiffany’s hair.

“Yah…  Stop!  It’s not funny!”  Tiffany buried her face in her hands.

“Hold still.”  Taeyeon reached forward and moved Tiffany’s hands from her face.  She then cupped the latter’s face in her own hands.

“What are you doing?”

“You look extra cute with messy hair.”  She gave Tiffany yet another sweet smile while caressing her cheeks.

“Oh…”  Tiffany smiled shyly and turned her head while blushing.

“Don’t look away.”  Taeyeon made herself and Tiffany sit face to face, looking in each other’s eyes.

Tiffany awkwardly sat still; staring into Taeyeon’s piercing eyes that easily penetrated her own.  They weren’t scary, aggressive, threatening or showing even the least bit of insanity.  Her eyes showed nothing but one characteristic:  affection.

“S-stop…”  Tiffany smiled, looking down.

Taeyeon continued to stare, embarrassing Tiffany more and more.

“Stop…  What are you staring at?”

“You.”  She kept her eyes fixed on Tiffany.

“Why are you staring at me?”

“Shhh…”

Thirty seconds of silence passed.

“Tae what are y-”

“Shhh…”

Two minutes of silence passed.  Finally, Taeyeon spoke.

“Before, I used to stare at you and I’d feel nervousness building up inside me.  Now I don’t.”

“What?”  Tiffany’s heart dropped.  “Does… Does this mean you don’t love me anymore?”

“No, I do.  I just don’t feel nervous.  It’s not a scary feeling anymore.  It’s an exciting feeling…  It’s like my stomach’s doing summersaults inside me.”

Tiffany chuckled, feeling even more embarrassed.

“You give me butterflies even when I’m just thinking of you.  I always find myself feeling out of breath when I daydream about you smiling at me.”

“Tae, you’re too sweet.”  Tiffany smiled and removed Taeyeon’s hands from her face.  She leaned forward; leaving a soft kiss on the latter’s lips.

“When you kiss me, it’s like the number of butterflies triple.  And they start fluttering everywhere, even in my chest.”

“Oh, come on…  You’re so cheesy about it, you liar.”

“I’m not lying.”

“I don’t believe you.”

Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hands and placed them on her own chest.

“I’m pretty sure this isn’t how a person’s heart usually beats.”

“So you’re not lying…”  Tiffany smiled.

“…  Follow me.”  Taeyeon suddenly slid off the bed and extended her hand for Tiffany to hold onto.

The two made their way to the living room.  Tiffany sat down as Taeyeon picked up the guitar from beside the couch.  After a short ten seconds of tuning, Taeyeon started strumming away and singing.

I can't get your smile out of my mind

I think about your eyes all the time

You're beautiful but you don't even try

Modesty is just so hard to find

 

Now I'm speechless

Over the edge, I'm just breathless

I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again

Hopeless, head over heels in the moment

I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again

“You’re so cheesy!  Agh!”  Tiffany screamed and covered her face.

“Aww, why is my girlfriend is so shy?”  Taeyeon set the guitar aside and lowered Tiffany’s hands.  She cupped Tiffany’s face in her palms again.  “You know what my favourite song is?  You know, one by us?”

“What is it?”

“Hehehe…  Du du ru du du du… Kissing you baby…  Muah!”  Taeyeon quickly stole a kiss from Tiffany and laughed at the latter’s embarrassed reaction.  “Your reactions are so cute!”

“If this is how you’re going to be every morning, I might just die of embarrassment.”

“Well, then, you’ll die happy, won’t you?”

“Hm…  That, I will…”

“Wait but…  Who will hug me when I sleep?”  Taeyeon frowned.

“I will.  Even if I die… I guess… I’ll get my soul to do that.”

“Who’s cheesy now, hm?”

“It’s rubbing off on me.”  Tiffany stood up but yelped when she was instantly pulled back down.

“Yah!  Where do you think you’re going?”

“Hey!  I can go wherever I want, can’t I?  And you can’t stop me.”  Tiffany landed on Taeyeon’s lap and felt the latter’s arms wrap around her waist.

“Well, where would you like to go?  ‘Cuz honey, I’d take you around the world if you wanted me to.”

“… The kitchen.  I’m a little hungry.”

“Ah, you’re hungry!  Allow me!”  Taeyeon slipped her hands under Tiffany’s knees and back.  With what sounded like a cute grunt of effort to Tiffany, Taeyeon lifted her up and walked to the kitchen.

“Don’t you need to put me down so you can make me a meal?”

“I’d rather keep holding you.”  Taeyeon pouted.

“Alright, I’ll make you a deal.”  Tiffany spoke as Taeyeon carefully put her down.  “If you can make me a really good meal, I’ll give you as many hugs and kisses you want all day.”

“Oh ho ho!  Now, that’s a deal!”  Taeyeon quickly reached into the fridge and tossed a set of ingredients on the counter.  Within a minute, pots, pans, knives, forks, chopsticks, spoons, you name it; they were all on the counter, waiting for this eager girl to cook her lover the perfect meal.  Without a second of hesitation or pause for thought, Taeyeon immediately began preparing her masterpiece.

“Well, aren’t you confident?”  Tiffany smirked.

“I’m very confident.  I know you like I know the back of my hand.  And I know you love my cooking.”  Taeyeon smiled proudly while bouncing around to grab ingredients.

“How do you know I’ll love this one?”

“Believe me, I know.  As a matter of fact, I think I’ll take a kiss now.  I know I’m going to win.”

“Nope.  That isn’t fair.”  Tiffany grinned while pushing Taeyeon’s puckered lips away.

“Hmph… Fine.”  She continued to carefully maneuver the eggs around the pan.

A few minutes of silence passed where Tiffany sat on the stool, simply admiring Taeyeon from a short distance.  Over the past few months, she had noticed new things about Taeyeon.  They weren’t good things.  They were wonderful things.  More and more, the little dork would drive her just a little closer to insanity with each sweet moment they shared.  From randomly giving her flowers, to preparing romantic dinners, to classic movie dates to long walks at the park.  Taeyeon always found new ways to make her smile.

“I wonder if she’ll ever run out of ideas.”  Tiffany thought out loud, not knowing that she was blurting out all her thoughts.

“Who?”

“Hm?  Oh.  Nothing.”  Tiffany sighed.  She stood up and walked behind Taeyeon.  Slowly, she slid her arms around the latter’s waist, hugging her while she cooked.

“I thought you said this wasn’t fair.”  Taeyeon chuckled.

“I don’t care.  I get to break the rules.”  Tiffany sighed and buried her face into Taeyeon’s shoulder.  “Tae?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

Upon hearing this, Taeyeon turned off the stove and shifted the pan off the heating element.  She turned around and put her hands on Tiffany’s waist, lifting her onto the counter.  She held the latter’s hands while they shared a quick kiss.

“I love you too.”

A kiss.

“But I love you more.”

Another kiss.

“No, I love you more.”

They kissed again but this time, they didn’t pull apart for a while.  When they finally did, Taeyeon started laughing.

“What are you laughing at?”  Tiffany put on a look of confusion.

“We started off making food and ended up making out.”  Taeyeon burst into laughter again.

“Tsh…  Hey, when are you leaving to visit your family?”

Taeyeon sighed.  For many years as SNSD, Tiffany had spent some of the Christmases alone since her own family was so far away.  Taeyeon felt bad and she had wanted to spend her Christmas with Tiffany but her family also needed her.

“Tuesday.”

“Aw, alright.”  Tiffany tried to smile, but didn’t succeed.

“Here’s what we can do.  Let’s put up the tree today and I’ll spend all day with you tomorrow.”

“Really?  Don’t you need to pack?”

“I can do that at night when you’re sleeping.”

“But you need to sleep!”

“And I will.  I’ll sleep on the plane.”

“No, you need to rest as much as you can before travelling.  You need energy.”

“I know.  That’s why I’m going to stay with you.”

“No, you need energy.”

“But you ARE my energy.”  Taeyeon wore her goofy smile again, melting Tiffany’s heart with her sweet words.

“Alright, alright.  You win.”

“Would it seal the deal if I said you get as many kisses and hugs as you want?”

“It’s like you read my mind.”  Tiffany smirked.

“So, should I buy a whole bunch of mistletoes and hang them everywhere?”

“No!”

“Why not?”

“I don’t want you kissing anyone else.”

“But it’s not like it would mean anything.”

“Your lips are mine, and only mine.  And you will listen to me, so no mistletoes.”

“You’ve controlled my mind since the day I laid eyes on you.  And then soon after that, you took over my heart too.  You’re like a disease I never want to be cured of or a parasite I never want to be free of.”

“That was so morbidly romantic.”  Tiffany laughed and smacked Taeyeon on the shoulder.

“Morbid or not, I still love you.  …  And a whole lot, too.”  Taeyeon blushed, turning her head to the floor.

“How is Kim Taeyeon of Korea’s number one group, being shy right now?”

“I don’t know.  I just feel like I have to try to tell you how much I love you all the time because it’s like I can never really describe that amount in words.  I don’t think any word exists yet to describe something so great.”

“But you don’t need words to do that.”

“No, I don’t and that’s why your cheeks should have permanent imprints of my lips by now!”  Taeyeon pinched Tiffany’s cheeks and played with them.  “Now, I gotta get back to cooking you a meal!  I already moved the boxes for the ornaments here and the tree’s already propped up.  Why don’t you start decorating?”

“Alrighty…”

After about half an hour, Taeyeon stretched and smiled in satisfaction at the meal she made.  She stepped outside to call Tiffany.

“Hey, Tiff, the food is ready to-  Oh my…  Oh, my gosh.  Tiffany…”  Taeyeon’s jaw hit the floor upon seeing the tree.

“Like it?”

“It’s… It’s all pink!”

“I know!  Isn’t it great?”

Taeyeon chuckled at the sparkle in Tiffany’s eyes while seeing the pink tree.

“Well, as long as you like it, I’m happy.  It’s almost as beautiful as you.”  Taeyeon quickly kissed her on the nose.  “Now, c’mon.  The food’s ready.”  She grabbed Tiffany’s hand and led her to the kitchen.

“Hey, open up.”  Taeyeon stuck a piece of egg onto the fork and pointed it towards Tiffany.

“Whoa…”  Tiffany chewed slowly, letting the flavour spread around .

Of course, for the rest of the day, Taeyeon received all the kisses she could’ve asked for and more.

“Fany-ah, please!”

“No!  I lost count after fifty.  No more.”

“Why not?  You don’t like kissing me?”

“I do… it’s just-”

“Then, come here!”  Taeyeon patted her knees, gesturing for Tiffany to sit on her lap.

“Oh, alright.”  Tiffany finally gave in and plopped herself down on her favourite seat.

For TaeNy, the rest of Sunday was full of hugs, kisses, cheesy phrases, smiles, grins, smirks, tickle fights, cuddling, Christmas movies and singing.  From morning to night, they had the entire dorm to themselves as the rest of the members had gone Christmas shopping.

“So, I still have you for tomorrow, right?”  Tiffany laid her ear on Taeyeon’s chest, listening to her heartbeat.

“You have me, every day, Fany-ah.”

“What if one day, I left you?”  Tiffany giggled after hearing Taeyeon’s heart skip a beat.

“I’d cry.  I’d cry every day until you came back to me.”  Taeyeon tightened her arms around Tiffany’s waist.  “Please don’t ever leave.”

“I wouldn’t do that.  I love you too much.”

“I love you a lot too.  I’d show you how much but my arms can’t reach that far and I don’t want to stop hugging you.”

Eventually, the two fell asleep but when Tiffany woke up, Taeyeon wasn’t beside her.  She frowned and wondered what on Earth could’ve pulled Taeyeon out of bed early.  She wandered around the house and grinned upon finally finding the girl.

“Tae!”  Tiffany threw herself into Taeyeon’s embrace and leaned back to kiss the latter on the lips.

“Oh- hi, honey.”  Taeyeon smiled and kissed back.

“Guess what Wednesday is!”

“Hm?  What day is it?”  Taeyeon asked.

“…  You mean… You really don’t know?”

“Sorry…”

“It’s my favourite day ever!  It’s Christmas!”  Tiffany frowned.

“OH!  Oh, goodness.  I can’t believe I actually forgot about Christmas…”  Taeyeon laughed.

Tiffany, who was still un-amused, freed herself from Taeyeon’s arms and crossed hers.

“I’m sorry.  This morning’s been really hectic.  Speaking of which, our manager just put responsibilities on my Christmas week schedule.”  Taeyeon frowned.

“We all have schedules on Christmas week…”

“I have more on top of the general one.  I won’t be here for the whole week.”

“What?!”

“I know, I know.  Ugh, our manager isn’t being considerate at all this time.”

“No, I mean, I can’t believe you’re going with it!  We’re supposed to be guaranteed a break on Christmas!”

“I can’t act against it…  I don’t want to let him down.”

“So you’d rather let me down?”  Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”  Taeyeon reached for Tiffany’s hands but was pushed away.

“No.”

“Tiffany, please.”  Taeyeon sadly pleaded.

“Nope.”

Taeyeon suddenly reached out, putting her hands on Tiffany’s waist and pulling her closer.  “You dare deny me?”

Tiffany froze in shock after almost colliding into Taeyeon’s body.

“I’ll give you ONE last chance.”  Taeyeon threatened, sounding serious while her eyes looked just as convincing.

“No.”  Although she felt tempted, Tiffany rejected her again and removed Taeyeon’s hands from her body.  She turned around and headed for the door.  Just as she touched the handle, Taeyeon threw her arms around Tiffany’s waist once again.

“Please, please, please, please don’t be mad at me, Fany-ah!  Please!  I don’t have a choice.  I’m sorry!  I love you.  Please don’t leave me.  Please, please, please, please!”  Taeyeon begged and begged, without letting go.

Unable to stop herself, Tiffany burst into laughter.

“Why are you laughing?  I thought you were mad!”  Taeyeon looked up at the girl who turned around and tried to contain her laughter.

“You threaten me first, and then suddenly you grapple onto me and beg for forgiveness like a child.”  Tiffany put her hands on Taeyeon’s shoulder, creating a small distance between the two.

“Because I put you before my pride.  I don’t care that I look or sound stupid if I get to keep you around in the end.”  Taeyeon smiled.

“You owe me.”

“And that’s good enough for me.”  Taeyeon stepped closer, trying to kiss Tiffany.

“You think that’s enough?”  Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon by the shoulders, switching their positions and pinning Taeyeon against the wall.  “You think I’m going to kiss you, even when you’re still going to leave?”

“Maybe.”  Taeyeon poked Tiffany in the rib, causing the latter to retract her hands.  In this time, Taeyeon switched their positions again, pinning Tiffany against the door.  “But I get to initiate the kiss.”

“Why do you always have to do it?”  Tiffany shoved Taeyeon backwards, causing her to stumble a little.  She then continued to push Taeyeon until she backed into a wall.

“Becau-”

Tiffany cut her off, trying to land a kiss on Taeyeon’s lips.  Just before she made contact, Taeyeon turned her head to the left in attempt to dodge it, causing Tiffany to kiss her on the ear.  Slightly ticklish, Taeyeon giggled and put her hands on Tiffany’s waist again.  Realizing the reaction she received, Tiffany continued to kiss Taeyeon’s ear and neck, making the latter laugh.

“Yah, this isn’t fair!”  Taeyeon complained between breaths as she struggled to escape while attempting to stop her laughing fits.

“Oh, this is completely fair, Tae.”  Tiffany brushed her cheek against Taeyeon’s.  “This is your punishment.”  She whispered before leaning back and finally allowing Taeyeon a proper kiss.

Taeyeon, who was simply being dominated just stropped struggling and kissed back.  As soon as their lips connected, she felt her heart melt and her brain stop.  It had been a while since they kissed like this but who was counting?  Both of them just lost track of time.

“Does this mean you forgive me?”  Taeyeon stopped and looked at Tiffany with puppy eyes.

“You still owe me.”

“…  I guess it IS fair enough.”  Taeyeon leaned in for another kiss.

Just as their lips were about to touch, Taeyeon’s phone went off.

“Ugh…”  Tiffany let out a frustrated groan.  She rolled her eyes and turned around while crossing her arms.

“Hello?”  Taeyeon nervously answered the phone, keeping her eyes fixed on Tiffany.

“Taeyeon, I need you downstairs as soon as possible.  We have to rush your schedule today.  We’ll be picking you up first and then we’ll meet up with the girls later for the performance.  I’ll be there in five minutes.”  She could hear the urgency in her manager’s voice.

“A-alright.  I’ll be downstairs quickly.  Drive safely.”

“… You won’t be returning home until late Friday night.”

“I…  I understand.  Bye.”  Taeyeon said before hanging up.

“So?”  Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon, expecting an answer.

“My schedule starts now.”

“This early?”

“They’re coming to pick me up in five minutes.”

“Hm.  Well good luck.”  Tiffany faced her back to Taeyeon once again and walked forward a few steps.

“Tiff, please don’t be mad.  It’s not my fault.”

Tiffany kept quiet as an idea popped into Taeyeon’s mind.

“I still owe you right?”  Taeyeon grinned.

“Yeah…”  Tiffany turned, facing Taeyeon.

“Well…  C’mere.”  Taeyeon chuckled and gestured for Tiffany to walk closer to her.

“And what might you be planning?”

“This.”  Taeyeon placed her hands on Tiffany’s shoulders, pushing her back.  She stumbled onto the bed behind her.

“Taeyeon!”  Tiffany gasped in surprise as she fell backwards, with Taeyeon landing on top of her.

“Well, you said I still owe you.  I can’t allow you to charge me interest.  That is… unless you want to.”

“You have a lot to pay off.”

“Can I split it up?  You know… daily payments?”

“It’s up to you.  But you’ll have to spend more days paying off your debt.”

“That’s alright with me.”  Taeyeon remained on top of Tiffany, staring into the latter’s eyes.

“Well… are you going to kiss me, or did you just want to lie on top of me?”

“You wanted a kiss too?”

“Well, yeah.”

“I’ll make a deal.  If you’re not mad at me when I get home, I’ll give you your kiss.”  Taeyeon stood up and walked towards the door, leaving Tiffany on the bed, confused.

“Hey!”  She complained while following Taeyeon.  “But you said you wou-” A pair of lips cut her off, rendering her free of complaints.

“Better?”  Taeyeon grinned after pulling away.

“B-better.”

“See you later, honey!”  Taeyeon hugged her and went downstairs.

Within a few hours after Taeyeon left, Tiffany received a text.

TaeYeon:  Hello, my delicious mushroom! ;D <3

Tiffany:  Hey, dork.

TaeYeon:  Ouch, that hurts… ;-;

Tiffany:  I’m just kidding!  You know I love you! ;)

TaeYeon:  Are you going somewhere today?

Tiffany:  Mhm.

TaeYeon:  Can I come with you?

Tiffany:  Did you forget?  You have your own responsibilities today, silly! :P

TaeYeon:  Ehhh, that’s not fair.  I wanna see my baby >.<

Tiffany:  Fine.  Video chat.

Before Tiffany could count 5 seconds, an incoming video call request was flashing on her screen.

“Hey, Tae!”  Tiffany greeted loudly while giving Taeyeon her best eye smile.

“Whoa ho ho!  You look stunning.”

“You look nice too.”

“You look exceptionally cute today!”  Taeyeon grinned.

“I know you love this hairstyle on me, so I spent some extra time on it.  I hope you like it!”

“Bangs make you look really cute.”

“Hey, so what about when I grow them out?  I’m not cute anymore?”

“Mmm… Sometimes it’s still adorable.  But if anything, longer bangs make you look hot.”  The dork wore a cheeky smirk.

“I’ll keep that in mind.”  Tiffany winked back.

A few seconds of silence passed.

“Uhm… Taeyeon, are you still there?”

“Mhm.”

“Are you busy?  Should I hang up?”

“No, no!  I’m just making the most of the time I have left to admire this work of art in front of me.”

“What work of art?”

“This painting.  It looks like it moves.  Ahhh, the girl is so cute!  It’s almost like she’s smiling back at me.”

“Yah!  Taeyeon, you’d better not be checking out some other girl!”

“But she’s sooooooo gorgeous!”

“Taeyeon!”

“Wanna see?  I promise she’ll make you smile.”

“Not really.”  Tiffany sent her a glare through the phone.

“Well, here she is anyway.”  Taeyeon took the photo from her wallet and held it up to the camera of her phone.  “See?  Isn’t she adorable?”

“Oh…  Ha, ha, Taeyeon.  Very funny.  Now, when did you get your hands on that picture of me?”

“Does it matter?  I just care that you’re pretty hot when you’re jealous.”

“Wipe that smirk off your face, you ert.”  Tiffany returned an equally suggestive grin.

“So when I get home… who gets the top?”

“Yah!”  Tiffany blushed profusely.

“I’m just kidding!”  Taeyeon burst into laughter upon seeing the redness of Tiffany’s face. “Of course, I know I do!”  Taeyeon laughed even louder when Tiffany’s face was completely flushed.

“Okay, that’s it.  You are going to be punished for this.”

“OOOOOoooh…”

“NOT IN THAT WAY.”  Tiffany shrieked and face-palmed to cover her embarrassed expression.  “No kisses for you next week!”

“What?  That’s not fair- Wait.  Next week?  So you still want them this week?”

“…  Yes.”

“Aww!  My little darling still wants Christmas kisses!”

“Of course I do!”  Tiffany continued blushing even more.

“I’ll make it worth your while to wait for them, I promise!”

“I can’t believe I’m going to wait five days for one little kiss.”

“Please do!  Ah, anyways.  I have to go now!  I’ll see you later!”

“You’d better call!”

“I will, Tiff.  I love you!  Bye!”

With that, the video chat ended.  Tiffany put her phone in her pocket and sighed.

I swear, that dork is an animal sometimes.

But a dork is a dork.

And she’s my dork.

She chuckled and went to go join up with the other girls.

____

“Man, I’m so tired.”  Taeyeon sighed as she finally finished getting ready for bed and slipped under the covers.  As soon as her cheek touched the pillow, she could feel herself slowly losing consciousness.  Just before she was able to fall asleep, her cellphone rang, disturbing the silence of the room.

“Hello?”  Taeyeon picked up the phone, feeling incredibly sleepy.

“Ah, Tae, you sound sleepy.  I’m sorry.  Did I wake you?”

“That’s okay, I’m always happy to talk to my princess!”  Taeyeon felt a sudden lift in her energy.

“Sorry, I just couldn’t sleep.  I didn’t think you’d be in bed already.”

“I felt tired, so I just decided to sleep earlier.”

“Maybe I should let you rest?”

“No, no.  Are you having trouble sleeping?

“Yeah.”

“Fany-ah, what’s bothering you?”

“I miss you.  I’m not used to sleeping alone.”  Tiffany admitted, almost inaudibly.

“Awwww, my baby misses me?”  Taeyeon couldn’t help but grin.

“Yes…”

“Well, lay down.  I have an idea.”

“Alright…”  Tiffany crawled into bed and tucked herself in.  “Now what?”

“Just relax.  Put me on speakerphone and set it aside.  Then close your eyes.”

“…  Done.”

After a few seconds of waiting the sound of a guitar being strummed softly was heard from Tiffany’s end.

Do you hear me, I'm talking to you

Across the water across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying

Girl, I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

 

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

 

They don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this

Every time we say goodbye

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will

 

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Lucky we're in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home someday

 

And so I'm sailing through the sea

To an island where we'll meet

You'll hear the music fill the air

I'll put a flower in your hair

Though the breezes through the trees

Move so pretty you're all I see

As the world keeps spinning round

You hold me right here right now

 

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

I'm lucky we're in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home someday

Taeyeon inhaled and exhaled slowly, feeling more relaxed and incredibly sleepy.  She smiled, listening to Tiffany’s soft breathing on the other end.

“Goodnight, princess.  I love you.”  She set her phone aside and placed the guitar back under the bed.  “Hm… Maybe I shouldn’t make her wait.”  She picked up her phone again and dialed the company.  After ten minutes of discussing matters of the airport, Taeyeon hung up and stretched.  “Now I only have three hours until my schedule starts…  I should probably get some sleep then…”

She lay down and closed her eyes, drifting off into a deep sleep.

Here we go again…

____

“AAAAAAAAAH!”  A shriek was heard from Tiffany’s room.

“Unnie?  Are you alright?”  Seohyun burst through the door with a bug zapper in hand.

“Bug!  Bug!  Bug!  Kill it!”  Tiffany ran to the door, hiding behind the younger girl.

Slowly, Seohyun approached the insect and slammed the zapper down on the pillow.  Suddenly, she burst out laughing.

“W-what’s so funny?”

“Unnie, it’s fake.  You’ve been pranked.”

“Argh…  Was it Yoona?”

“No…  Yoona put hers in Yuri’s pillow this morning.”

As if on cue another familiar scream resonated through the house.  The two looked at each other before holding their stomachs and laughing.

“I think it was Taeyeon.”  Seohyun took the zapper and left the room.

“Aish…  I’ll get her back for that.”

For the whole day, Tiffany was mentally face-palming for not noticing the bug when she went to bed.  But later, Taeyeon made it up to her…

“Tiffany!  It’s your turn to open your presents.”  Seohyun handed Tiffany a stack of boxes.

“Oooh, a letter… From… Taeyeon?”  Jessica looked at the recipient name, recognizing the handwriting.

“A letter from Taeyeon?  Wasn’t the bug enough?  Tch.”  Tiffany opened the envelope, revealing a page of Taeyeon’s neatest handwriting.

“I’ll read it!”  Yoona snatched the paper from Tiffany.  At first, Tiffany resisted and tried to grab the paper back but eventually gave up.

Dear Princess Tiffany,

First off, I’d like to say I’m terribly sorry that I wasn’t able to make it to the annual Soshi Christmas dinner.  I really wish I could be there.  Please send me lots of pretty pictures!  I can’t go a day without seeing your beautiful face.  I’ll be home soon.  Please, don’t cry?  Hm, I know, I’m the one who will be doing all the crying.

I remember last Christmas that we spent together.  You threw a cake in my face.  Fun memories…  I was quite mad at you then, but I forgave you pretty quickly.  I just acted mad so I could see you pout cutely at how I was unforgiving and cold.  I wanted to see how far I could push you but when you started getting mad at me, I apologized instantly.  See?  Even before my confession, you always had control over me.  That’s okay.  I like it.

Before anything else, I’d like to apologize for a few things.  I’m sorry that I can’t show you my emotions well enough.  You know I’m no good at that, right?  I’m trying, I really am.  I’d also like to say that I’m sorry for not always being able to help you.  Sometimes you have trouble while we’re on separate schedules and I’d love to help you but I just don’t know how.  I’m not perfect.  Lastly, I’d like to apologize for the fake bug I placed on your pillow.  Hehehe…  I just wanted to have a little fun.  But I forgot about it when our manager told me that I would be leaving.  I was hoping you would jump into my arms and plead me to swat it away.  Woops?

Soon, you’ll hear my usual fluffy words again. Don’t lie.   I know you enjoy them since you always blush when I say them!  Anyways, how is my wonderful girlfriend doing?  Make sure to punch any guy who tries to flirt with you, okay?  That way, you can keep them away from harm because I hardly feel jealous.  However, when I do, their life might be in danger!

The letter isn’t over yet!  You didn’t think I would forget did you?  It’s Christmas!  I would never forget three of my favourite words!  I love you!  I know, I say them to you every day but I hope you know that I really mean it.  I don’t say it to just anyone!  If I’m saying them to you, you must be a very special person.  But really, Tiffany.  I love you more than I can describe or imagine.  Sometimes I lie on my back and think of you while that goofy grin of mine paints itself on my face.  If I could send a kiss through a letter, I would.  But unfortunately, paper doesn’t have that power.  It’s hard to tell you how I really feel!  I love you so much that I don’t know how to tell you the amount.  I guess the exact amount isn’t important.  What’s important is that you know I’ll never stop loving you.  Never!

I know it’s cheesy…  I probably would’ve never been able to say this in person.  But I’d like to thank you… for always being there for me, knowing how to cheer me up, making me laugh, letting me cry on your shoulders and best of all, for teaching me how to love.  Anyone can teach me how to sing, dance, read or write but you taught me how to love.  Thank you and Merry Christmas.

With all the love in the universe!

Prince Kim Taengoo

PS:  Your gift is in the closet!  Please go look now!  I want you to see it as soon as possible.

“Awwww!”  All of the girls smiled at the way Taeyeon ended the letter.

“She was right.  Your face is totally red!”  Sunny laughed while pinching Tiffany’s cheeks.

 “That is the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard!”  Yuri joined in with the teasing.

“Hey!  Don’t read my letters!”  Tiffany laughed while pressing the paper to her chest.

“Go to the closet, Tiff.  I wanna see what you got for Christmas!”  Yoona begged.

“Alright, alright.”  Tiffany stood up and proceeded to the room that she and Taeyeon shared as all of the girls followed behind.

In the closet?  Why the closet?  Why can’t you just be normal and put it under the tree?

Tiffany stopped in front of the closet doors.

“… Why the closet?”  She hesitated to open the doors.

“Because.”  A familiar voice resonated from within.

“Whoa… what the heck?  Who’s in there?”  Tiffany thought it was just her ears fooling her.

It’s not Taeyeon…  She’s not even in the country!

“Open it up, already!  You’re so slow!”

“Who-”

Before Tiffany even reached for the handle, the doors burst open.  Tiffany felt herself being pushed back onto the bed as her lover collapsed on top of her.

“Merry Christmas, Fany-ah!”  Taeyeon started showering Tiffany with hundreds of kisses while also tickling the latter’s sides.

“Taeyeon?”  Tiffany laughed and giggled as Taeyeon left kisses on her ears, neck and face.

“Yeah!  Who else would dare to leave you so many kisses?”

“Hey, hey!  Stop for a second!”  Tiffany pushed Taeyeon off and sat up.

“What’s wrong?”

“… I just need to make sure it’s really you.”  Tiffany started tearing up.

“I thought I told you not to cry!”

“I thought I’d be spending Christmas without you.”  Tears started falling down her face.  “I thought our manager wouldn’t allow you to skip out on your schedule.”

“Forget what I’m not allowed to do.  I will not tolerate being unable to see my girlfriend on Christmas!”

“But you really left for a while.  You actually left me!”  Tiffany cried.

“I know, and I’m sorry.  I’m here now, and I’m ready to face the punishment.”  Taeyeon backed up and braced herself.

“… You little rascal!”  Tiffany reached out and hugged Taeyeon around the neck.

“I love you, Fany-ah.  Don’t ever forget that.”  Taeyeon put her arms around Tiffany’s waist, hugging her back.

“So do you forgive me?”

“How could I not?  You came home.”  Tiffany smiled.

“Good.  Now, give me a kiss.”  Taeyeon puckered up.

“I forgave you, but you still get a punishment.”

“You can’t do that!  We’re under the mistletoe, see!”  She held up the little fake plant on a string and dangled it above their heads.

“Nope!  Not anymore!”  Tiffany ducked and ran to the other side of the room, behind the other members.

Unintimidated, Taeyeon crossed her arms and approached the group of girls.

“If you don’t want to be kissed by me, I suggest you move.”

Instantly, the other 7 girls dispersed, eventually regrouping and running to an empty corner of the room.

“Fine.” Tiffany sighed with a grin on her face.  She walked up to Taeyeon and gave the girl a peck on the lips.  When she leaned away, she was instantly pulled back in for more kisses.  After another two minutes of hugs and kisses, Tiffany stepped back and turned to the spectators in the room.

“Everyone.  Out.”  She smiled innocently.

“You guys are so adorable!  Ah!  Wait, why?”  Yoona questioned before being shoved out the door by Sooyoung.

“O-okay!”  Sooyoung continued pushing while holding Jessica’s wrist and dragging her out too.  The rest of the members followed behind.

Tiffany closed the door and turned around, looking at Taeyeon who seemed surprised.  Before she could ask any questions, Tiffany walked forward while removing and throwing her sweater on the ground as she pushed Taeyeon until she had her pinned against the wall between two arms.

She leaned forward and whispered in a low tone.

“You owe me.”

____

“Good morning.”  Taeyeon walked to the main room of the dorm with a goofy smile on her face.

“Oh my…  Well, aren’t you in a good mood?”  Yoona grinned.

“Yup.  Heheheh…”  She smiled lazily, almost seeming dazed.

“Wow…”  Sooyoung walked in with a bowl of cereal in her hands.

Seohyun, who followed behind, gasped and held back a grin at the sight of Taeyeon’s crookedly half-buttoned blouse, messy hair and lipstick smudges that weren’t only present on her lips.

“Look who had fun last night, eh Taeyeon?”  Sunny laughed upon entering the room with Yuri and Hyoyeon who also started laughing.

“You guys are really hilarious.”  Jessica reached for the television remote.  “Your shirt’s not buttoned properly, by the way.  …  And you have Tiffany’s lipstick all over you.”

As if on cue, the culprit walked out of the same door that Taeyeon had come through a minute before.  As soon as the girls’ eyes landed on Tiffany, they burst into laughter.

“What?”  Tiffany scratched her head, and looked at Taeyeon, unaware of her equally messy appearance.

“Well, hey, beautiful.”  Taeyeon smiled and opened her arms for a hug.

“Taeyeon.”

“Hm?”  Taeyeon turned to look at Sunny.

“You’re an animal.”

“Yes, but she’s MY animal.”  Tiffany winked, causing a few girls to scream in embarrassment.

“Yeah, you two sure had a good night.”  Jessica looked up from the TV, smiling at the lovey-dovey couple before her.

“How could I not?  My girlfriend’s the best.”  Taeyeon squeezed her arms around Tiffany’s shoulders.

“Same to you.”  Tiffany giggled while giving Taeyeon a peck on the lips.

“Ughhhhh!”  All of the girls, who were spectating, groaned at the same time.

“Okay, you two obviously need some more alone time…”  Sooyoung stood up and walked to the kitchen with the rest of the girls, following behind.

“I could be alone with you forever, and I wouldn’t mind.”  Taeyeon sat down on the couch and tilted her head back.  “I just need air to breathe and you.”

“What about food?”  Tiffany sat down beside her, automatically putting her arms around the shorter girl.

“Food can wait.  I’d rather- Ginger!”  As Taeyeon was leaning in for a kiss, her dog hopped in between them.

“Your dog is such a little rascal, you know that?”  Tiffany giggled, watching Taeyeon’s frustrated expression.

“Yeah… Ugh.  Ginger!”

“Well, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”  Taeyeon pouted and turned away.

“I guess it means I have a love for dorky little devils.”

“Devils?”  She stressed the ‘s’ sound while turning back around.

“Yes, because Ginger’s our family too isn’t he?  He’s our kid.”  Tiffany kissed the happy dog on the head before placing him on the floor.

“My kid stole my lover’s kiss.”

“Stop being jealous of your own kid.”  Tiffany laughed and ruffled Taeyeon’s hair.

“Sorry, I guess I love the mom too much.”  She wore a funny grin.

“You have no competition.  Ginger has his brother.”  Tiffany smiled at the sight of two dogs, play-fighting on the carpet, creating the image of a whirl of black and white.

“And I have you!”  Taeyeon leaned over, stealing a kiss from her unsuspecting girlfriend.

“You’re such a dork!”  Tiffany laughed.  “Come closer.”  You gestured for Taeyeon to lean forward.  “Your shirt’s not proper.”  She ed and buttoned up the shirt to fix it.

“Thanks, Tiff.”

“For what?”

“For giving me the best present ever.”  Taeyeon smirked.

 

 

“YAAAH!”

 

 

I have nothing to say but...  OH HO HO. XD

Happy reading! ♥