The Little Things

My Turn (It's Your Turn SEQUEL)

Tiffany opened her eyes and looked down to find Taeyeon, sleeping soundly in her arms.  She rubbed her eyes and remembered how they had passed out last night on the couch.

“Tae, wake up.”  She poked Taeyeon on the cheek.

There was no response from Taeyeon.

“I’ve never seen you cry so hard in my life.  You never cry in front of me, actually.  Are you trying to be strong for me?”

The two had spent the night joking around and randomly getting onto deeper topics.  Taeyeon had always been quite a sensitive person, even though she almost never showed it.  Tiffany was always sensitive but she was never afraid to cry in front of her members, even if she did find it embarrassing.  After a night of laughter and crying, Taeyeon continued to lay there motionless and her expression seemed peaceful.

“Tae…”  Tiffany shook her lightly and eventually woke her up.

“Hmm?  W-what happened?”

“We fell asleep.  You cried a lot last night.  Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah, a little.  Ugh, my head is throbbing.”

Tiffany sighed and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s body tightly before giving her a kiss on the temple.  For a moment, the two decided to lie there, enjoying each other’s presence.  Tiffany closed her eyes for a moment before planting another kiss on Taeyeon’s ear, causing the latter to shiver.

“You’re shivering.  I think you might be sick.  Hold on, I’m going to get blankets.  In the meantime, put this on.”  Tiffany took off her hoodie, leaving only a tank top, and held it out to Taeyeon.

“I feel fine.”

“You said your head hurts.”

“I’m alright.  I can get the blankets myself.”

“No, Tae.  You do a lot for me all the time.  Let me take care of you.”  Tiffany placed the sweater on Taeyeon’s lap.

“Ooh…”  Instead of wearing it, she hugged the sweater and pressed her face into it.

“What are you doing?  Tae!”  Tiffany laughed.  “You’re such a dork.  Just put it on!”

“Heheheh, you smell nice.”  A goofy grin appeared on Taeyeon’s face.

“You never change.”  Tiffany left and searched in her room for blankets.

Hmm…  Pink blankets everywhere…  Oh, a blue one!

Tiffany exited her room, holding a pink blanket and a blue one as she walked towards Taeyeon.

“Yeah!  My Princess is back!”  Taeyeon spread out her arms for a hug.

“No way.  What if you get me sick?  We’re still not done with our world tour, you know?”

“Fine.”  Taeyeon crossed her arms and pouted.  “I request to be tucked in, servant.”  She raised her arms and looked at Tiffany.

“Oh, so just like that, I’m not your Princess anymore?”

“That’s right.  Maybe not a servant… That’s a bit harsh.   But you’re certainly not the Princess anymore.”

“What am I now?”  Tiffany laughed and played along as she tucked in the sides of Taeyeon’s blankets.

“Not the Princess, that’s for sure.”

“Why not?”  Tiffany kneeled down in front of Taeyeon, making herself eye-level.

“You cannot be my Princess if you are my lovely Queen.”

“Ahaha, alright.  Give your cheesy remarks a break.  You need to rest.”  Tiffany blushed and kissed Taeyeon on the lips before ruffling her hair.

I have the sweetest girlfriend ever.

For a minute, Tiffany just admired Taeyeon, who simply smiled back with the same goofy, lovesick grin that she always had when looking at Tiffany.

“Do you want me to turn on the TV?”  Tiffany asked while standing up.

“Nope.  I don’t want any distractions from what I’m watching now.”

“Hah.  Creepy.”

“What?  Can’t I look at you?  I AM your not-so-secret admirer after all!”

“Psh…  You’ve done enough looking.  All of our fans have seen the pictures online.  You need to remember to keep your gaze higher, ByunTaeyeon.”

“Could they blame me?”  She grinned and bit her lip while obviously eyeing Tiffany up and down.

“Yah, don’t make me repeat myself.”  She tipped Taeyeon’s chin up, causing their eyes to meet.

“I’m just messing with you, Tiff.  I respect you as much as I love you.”  Taeyeon smiled sweetly.

“I swear, one second you have the most convincing predator face and the next, you look like a lost puppy.”

“Shush.  There are many sides to me, okay?”

“Alright, alright, grumpy pants.  I’ll let you rest.”

Tiffany walked over to the piano and sat down.  She yawned and checked the schedule for the week.

No schedule today except for the concert.

Full schedule for the five days…

She uncovered the piano keys and placed her fingers on them, hesitating to play.

“Play something for me.”  Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist as the latter’s fingers stopped moving on the keyboard.

“I’m not good at playing piano…”  Tiffany sighed.

“What are you talking about?  You can play, can’t you?”  Taeyeon looked at her, confused.

“Sure, I can play any piece you give me.  But I can’t play them with emotion or thought.  The way I play instruments is like how a machine would play them.  I just can’t put feelings into music.”  She sighed again.

“I can play piano too but I can’t play difficult pieces.  Although…  I have no trouble with merging my playing and singing with my emotions.”

“How can you do that, seriously?”

“It’s really quite easy.  Think of something that relates to you closely when you play a certain piece.  If you think about something sad, your piece will sound sad.  If you think of something happy, your fingers will feel lighter and you’ll play happily.”

“That sounds stupid.”  Tiffany pouted.

“Sure, it does.  But hey, it works.  How do you think an author can capture an audience?”

“I’m lost… musicians, to singers, to authors?”

“It’s the same concept.  To grasp a reader’s attention, the author must put his or her own experiences and feelings into a form of writing.  Only then will it be worth anything because anybody can smash their fists into a keyboard and click post.  Anybody could smash their fists into a piano and call it music.  But only people who can write or play with feeling will be categorized as musicians, singers or writers in the minds of their audience.”

“For once, you made sense in your deep analogies.”  Tiffany chuckled.

“They always make sense.  It just depends on how you look at it.”  Taeyeon hugged her tighter while kissing her on the cheek.  “Now play something for me.”

“But I haven’t practiced in so long.”

“I don’t care.  Just play something, anything.”

“Why?”

“I like the way you play piano.”

“It’s robotic.”

“Try following what I just told you.  I bet it’ll change.  Try this.”  Taeyeon pulled a few sheets of sheet music that were folded neatly in her pocket.  She spread it out in the proper order on the piano.

“Why do you even have this?”

“I tried playing it a few days ago.  It’s from one of my favourite games.  I can’t play it yet…”

“Romance in the air…  I don’t know, Tae.  I’m scared I’ll ruin it.”

“C’mon, try it.  You can do it.”

http://home.scarlet.be/yukineige/TLoZ-SS/The%20Legend%20Of%20Zelda%20~%20Skyward%20Sword%20-%20Romance%20Theme.pdf

(If anyone wants the actual sheet music…)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vitxKaiMJb4

(And the link to the most beautiful playing I’ve ever heard <3 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7egFhuObEo

(Original orchestral version)

After looking through the sheet music for five minutes, Tiffany made her attempt and played it flawlessly on her first try.  It was a hidden talent that nobody knew except for a few of her members and her family.  She had always been ashamed of her inability to play with feeling but for some reason, it felt different this time.  Taeyeon was here; her love and her inspiration.

“Perfect.”  Taeyeon smiled.

“I…  I don’t know how I just did that.”

“You just needed some encouragement, that’s all.”  Taeyeon playfully shook Tiffany’s shoulders.

“You two are seriously something.  Every time I see you two together, you’re either hugging or kissing or saying sweet words to each other.  It’s like you turned my entire life into spectating a love story.”  Sunny laughed and patted Taeyeon on the back.

“Yah, don’t flirt with my girlfriend!  Back off!”  Tiffany jokingly acted jealous.

“Okay, okay, chill.  This midget is all yours.”

“Hey, I’m still taller than you.”  Taeyeon retorted.

“With insoles, yes.”  Sunny laughed and dodged a smack coming from Taeyeon’s direction.  “Calm down!  We have to start getting ready for the concert.  We have an hour before we have to leave.”

____

“Does this look okay?”  Tiffany asked, looking worried.

“Wow…”  Taeyeon’s signature lovesick smile crept upon her face once again.

“Maybe I should change my makeup.”

“Why?  This dress already makes you look perfect, as always.  You don’t even need makeup.”

“I’m not beautiful.”

“Are you kidding?  You’re Tiffany Hwang MiYoung of Girls’ Generation.  Just search that name on the internet and I’m sure you’ll find that the word ‘pretty’ is often associated with it.”

“Are you sure it’s alright?”

“You just can’t see what I see.  Can you?  Do you know what I see?”

“What do you see, hm?”

“I see the most beautiful woman in the world standing before me.  And the best part…”  Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and kissed it.  “Is that she’s all mine.”

“But you know how to look both elegant and young.  I’m caught somewhere in the middle…  A little average…”

“I think you look rather amazing in anything.  Elegant, young, hot, innocent, whatever.  No matter what, you can pull it off.”

“Oh shut up.”  Tiffany turned her gaze to the floor, embarrassed.

“I could go on forever if I wanted to.”  Taeyeon put her arms around Tiffany’s waist, pulling her closer.

“What if I asked you to go on forever?”

“Then I’d listen to myself go on forever.”

“And what if your throat starts to hurt?”

“I’ll take a kiss and a cough drop.”  Taeyeon grinned.  “Or maybe just a kiss.  That will do.”

“What if I told you that you need a prescription?”

“I’m sure the doctor will be kind enough.  I just care about the cute pharmacist behind the counter who’s giving me the medication.”

“You never stop, huh?”  Tiffany giggled at Taeyeon’s cheesy words.

“Well, I could try if you asked me to.”

“Would you?”

“And miss the adorable reaction that you get every time?  No way!”  Taeyeon squeezed her girlfriend lightly while placing a gentle kiss on her neck.

“You’ll run out of these eventually, TaeTae.”  Tiffany chuckled in reaction to tingly sensation running through her entire body.

“No I won’t.  The more beautiful you become, the more fluffy remarks that my heart thinks of.  Let’s face it; you’re getting prettier and prettier every day.”

“Psh, so that means you only like me for my looks?”

“I wouldn’t mind if you weren’t good looking.  I fell in love with how shy and caring you really were.  Whenever you messed up, you would apologize over and over again.  You always put your best into everything.  You just happened to be pretty too.  Although, I have to admit that your smile has a huge effect on me.  The more you smile, the more beautiful you become.”

“You’re too sweet, Tae.”

“Now it’s your turn.  What do you love about me, hm?”

“I…  I don’t know.”

“Ouch…”

“No, it’s not that I don’t love you.   I just can’t put my finger on anything specific.  I’d have to say everything.”

“I don’t mind if you don’t know why you love me; as long as you know that you love me.  I just want to be the reason behind your wonderful smiles.”      

“Alright, alright.  Let’s get into position.  The concert’s starting soon.”

“One more.”

“One more, what?”

“Give me a kiss!”  Taeyeon puckered up and closed her eyes.

“Fine, one more.”  Tiffany gave Taeyeon a peck on the lips before running off to get ready for the performance.

­____

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8…

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8…

Taeyeon reviewed the dance steps in her head as the girls took a break in the middle of the concert to talk to the fans.  Like always, her gaze landed on Tiffany.  Tonight, she couldn’t help herself.  Tiffany’s hair and makeup was done perfectly and her dress fit her perfectly too.

“Tae, is there something on my face…?”  Tiffany asked, curious as to what Taeyeon was staring at.

ConcertGaze.jpg

“Uh…  Uh…  I…  No…?”  Taeyeon smiled slightly as she felt her heart beating faster and her breaths becoming shorter.

“Aw, you’re still not used to me yet?”  Tiffany laughed.

“Not really, heh.”  Taeyeon blushed and shifted her eyes away.  “I’m sorry.  I can’t help it.”

“Does my smile petrify you?”  Tiffany flashed her best eye smile at Taeyeon when the latter returned her gaze to her.

“I think it’s just me… but I hear music every time you smile at me.”

“Yes!”  Tiffany cheered, making herself and Taeyeon blush at the same time.

ConcertLaughing.jpg

“I think that settles it.  I haven’t gotten used to you yet.”  Taeyeon laughed.

“Good.  I want to be the one who drives you insane every day.”

____

“Phew!  Good job, girls!  We did it!  Another concert, success!”  Jessica cheered, feeling oddly happy.

“I’m tired.  I’ll wait for you guys in the car.”

One by one, the members finished changing and entering the cars.  Hyoyeon, Jessica, Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung slept for the entire trip back to the hotel while the others enjoyed the scene going on in the other car.

“Ah!  Taeyeon, stop!”  Tiffany laughed in reaction to the shower of kisses all over her face.

“No way!”  Taeyeon happily continued as Tiffany tried to squirm away.

“You’re so embarrassing.”

“… I am?”  Taeyeon stopped and pouted.

“Yeah.”

“Well…  Too bad!”  Taeyeon squeezed Tiffany in her arms.  “I have to show everyone else that you’re mine, and only mine!”  She continued leaving millions of kisses on Tiffany’s cheeks, which were now an obvious shade of pink.

“You guys are so cute!”  Sunny pulled out her phone to take videos and pictures of the playful couple in front of her.

“Get a room.”  Seohyun lifted her head to tease them.

“I never thought I’d see the day that Seohyun said that to you guys.”  Sunny’s jaw dropped open.

“Psh, you’re joking!  During our TaeTiSeo promotions, she would always tell us that backstage.  I guess you can predict the future, Seo.  Because I didn’t even realize my feelings for Tiff back then.”  Taeyeon chuckled.

“Aren’t you slow…”  Tiffany crossed her arms.  It was her turn to pout.

“What’s important is that we’re together, now!”  Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and intertwined their fingers.

“I thought you would’ve noticed that I liked you back.  If I were a house, I’d be one with large windows since you can easily see what I’m thinking.”

“I’d like to be inside you.”

“…  Uhm… What?”

“I… I mean…  uhm…”  Taeyeon instantly turned red at her mistake.

“Tae!”  Tiffany couldn’t help but laugh.

“I didn’t mean to say that!  I’m sorry!”

“ByunTaeyeon…”  Tiffany ruffled Taeyeon’s hair.  “In your dreams, ya .”

“One day, Tiff.  I’ll get there one day.”  Taeyeon grinned.  “Baby steps.”

“Yah, Taeyeon, please wait until we’re not around to hear these things.”  Seohyun awkward laughed.

“Sorry, Seo.  Excuse my girlfriend’s behaviour.”  Tiffany turned to Taeyeon.  “YOU. “  She removed herself from Taeyeon’s embrace.  “You’re sleeping alone tonight.”  She pointed at the latter.

“Fany-ah, wae?”

“You’re behaving badly.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry.  Don’t punish me, please!”  Taeyeon begged with her best puppy face while her hands were in prayer formation.

“No, you must learn your lesson.”

“Ah but- Hey, wait.  You have nowhere to sleep if you don’t sleep with me.”  Taeyeon grinned.

“Then I’ll push you away from my side of the bed.”

Of course, Tiffany stayed true to her words.

“Fany, please.  I miss you.  Please.”  Taeyeon tried to hug Tiffany but was pushed away.

“Nope.  This is your punishment.”  Tiffany smiled, hoping that the darkness would hide the fact that she liked torturing her girlfriend.

“Aw, okay.”  Taeyeon stopped trying and moved back to her side of the bed.  She turned to face Tiffany.  “Sorry, Fany-ah.  I love you.”

With no response from Tiffany, Taeyeon gave up for the night.  She turned to face the wall and just as she was about to fall asleep, she felt herself being pulled into a hug from behind.

“I love you too.”

On a regular day, Taeyeon would’ve happily allowed herself to fall asleep in Tiffany’s arms.  For some reason, she opened her eyes, unable to stop thinking about a certain dream she had the night before.  She yawned.  She looked to her right and saw Tiffany who was cutely snoring away in her dreams.  Taeyeon closed her eyes, recalling the dream.  When an idea popped into her head, she nearly gasped and turned her body to face Tiffany.  She hesitated for a second.

“Tiff…  Tiff.  Hey, wake up.”  Taeyeon stood lightly shook Tiffany by the shoulder.

“Tae?  What is it?”  Tiffany rubbed her eyes and sat up.

“Get up.  I want to show you something.”  Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand and helped her out of bed.

“Where are we going?”  Tiffany still sounded sleepy as she followed closely through the hallway.  “Tae…  I’m so tired.”

“I know.  I’m sorry for waking you.  But I really want to show you something.  Here.  Get on.”  Taeyeon bent over, signalling Tiffany to hop on for a piggy-back ride.  Drained of strength, Tiffany just put her arms around Taeyeon’s neck.

“Aish… You could at least hop.”  Taeyeon squatted slightly to lift up Tiffany’s legs and continued up five sets of stairs.

Finally, she came to a metal door and pushed through it.  She walked all the way to the edge and shook her body to wake the sleeping girl on her back.

“Fany-ah.  Wake up.”

“What are we doing here?”  Tiffany laughed while looking out to the city.  “It’s kinda cold.”  She shivered and slid off Taeyeon’s back.

“Come here.”  Taeyeon wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s shoulders.

“I don’t understand.  Why did you bring me here?  We can see the same view from the dorm.”

“You’re only looking out to the city.  Look up.”

As Tiffany lifted her gaze upward, her eyes lit up upon seeing countless stars that illuminated the night sky.

“Whoa…  That looks beautiful!”

“I had a dream last night.  I was standing here, looking up at the sky and I saw you.  The stars weren’t specifically forming a shape or anything, but my mind kind of connected them to make a picture of you.  So I figured, maybe if I brought you up here tonight, I’ll see the stars.  I’ve never actually been up here before but I’m really glad you’re enjoying this.”  Taeyeon admired the wide smile on Tiffany’s face.

“This is amazing.”  Tiffany hugged Taeyeon by the waist.

“Sure, but not nearly as amazing as you.”

“You’re the best, Tae.”

“Hopefully.  That means I’m doing a good job of taking care of you.”

“And what if I told you that you’re not doing a good job?”  Tiffany grinned and looked up at Taeyeon, waiting for a sad reaction.

“Then I’ll try harder.”

“You just don’t give up, do you?”  Tiffany chuckled.

“Hey, I went through a lot to get you.  I won’t let go so easily.”

“Then that’s good, isn’t it?”  Tiffany reached out for Taeyeon’s hand but Taeyeon pulled away.

“Wait.”  Taeyeon moved Tiffany to her left side and then intertwined their fingers.

“Why do you always hold my hand with your left hand?”

“I read somewhere that a long time ago, swordsmen would hold their lover’s hand with their left so that they would have their dominant hand, free.  That way, if anything happened, they could protect their lover properly.”

 “I have to admit it, Tae.  The little things you do or say drive me crazy.”  Tiffany’s eyes met with Taeyeon’s loving gaze while they held hands.  “For once, I’m glad that someone woke me up in the middle of the night.”  She smiled.

“I hope they help relieve stress for you too.  We have quite a busy schedule tomorrow.”

“Yeah, but for now…  Let’s just enjoy the time we have together.”

Taeyeon left one last kiss on Tiffany’s cheek before they returned to their room.

“Agreed.”

 

 

 

Fwahahahaha!  Fluff fluff fluff! <3

This chapter marks the part of which the story is basically passed on to Tiffany.  Since the first fanfic was about Taeyeon trying to confess to Tiffany, the sequel will be aimed more towards Tiffany's POV (ish).  You'll know what I mean in later chapters.

Anyways, how did you like this one?  It consists of material that I wrote just yesterday and some material that I wrote 2 months ago, but never published!  (:

Do forgive my late updates 3  I have a lot of work to do at the moment >.<  I just managed to squeeze in time for this update.  It's also extra long...  This chapter is 11 pages, compared to my usual 8-9.

Please be patient!  Make sure to leave comments!  I love reading those!

Happy reading! ♥