Blind (Special Chapter #2)

Book of Spooky Tales
Blind (Special Chapter #2)
 
Characters: Taeyeon, Chanyeol, Tiffany, Baekhyun, Jessica, Yoona
 
 
Wherever Kim Taeyeon went, she would always have her black-rimmed geek spectacles on her face. Besides, she couldn't see an arm ahead without the pieces of plastic. 
 
There was an upcoming school camp at a remote campsite and the best friends, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Chanyeol and Baekhyun could not wait for the camp date to arrive. It was said to be full of fun and games, and what would teenagers like more than that?
 
Unfortunately, the day Taeyeon went over to Tiffany's to assist her best friend in packing, her black-rimmed plastic happened to get crushed by Tiffany's waving arms. Having no choice, Taeyeon had to get contact lens for the camp otherwise she would be literally blind throughout the three days. 
 
The first day ended early. Despite being tired from all the fun and games Taeyeon did not forget to remove her contact lens. Her mother told her over and over again how dangerous it was to sleep with them still in your eyes. The night was peaceful, Tiffany and Taeyeon had a peaceful heart to heart talk under the stars. Though the campsite was rumoured to be haunted, there wasn't anything spooky that happened so far. 
 
On the second night, Chanyeol and Baekhyun came over to Taeyeon and Tiffany's tent to chat. Besides it was the last day of the camp. 
 
"Hey, have you heard about the many ghost stories about this campsite?" Chanyeol started excitedly, his eyes gleaming as he shone the torchlight on his face creepily. 
 
"Yah! Don't scare me!" Tiffany squealed, hitting Chanyeol on his arm. 
 
"Ssh!" Both Taeyeon and Baekhyun nudged Tiffany. "The in-charge may catch us!" Taeyeon frowned. 
 
Chanyeol laughed as he continued talking. "Anyway, I heard from one of the cleaners here that the girls' toilet is haunted. A girl once died there," Chanyeol whispered, widening his eyes in suspense. 
 
Tiffany shivered as she pointed to the block of washrooms nearest to the tent. "Y-you mean, t-that very toilet?" Taeyeon held on to her arm to comfort her. 
 
"Yes. That very toilet." Chanyeol stared at Tiffany, lowering his voice even more. 
 
Baekhyun urged Chanyeol to continue. 
 
"It was said that once, there was a girl called Yoona. She was very, very pretty. Her eyes were the prettiest feature. Oh Yoona, she had big brown doe-like eyes, which charmed every guy on the campsite," Chanyeol retold dramatically. "However, it was all because she wore contact lens."
 
"Tch," Baekhyun grunted in disappointment, while Tiffany added cheerily, "our TaeTae here has pretty eyes too!" Taeyeon giggled as she blinked quickly, batting her eyelashes. 
 
"Wait," Chanyeol raised his right palm calmly, "I'm not done. However there was one time, Yoona forgot to remove her contact lens before going to sleep that night. She quickly rushed to the toilet to remove them. However, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't seem to get the pieces of plastic out of her eyeballs." 
 
"Then what happened?" Tiffany's nails sank deeper into Taeyeon's arm. She was very creeped out. 
 
"Yoona...-"
 
 
"What are you guys doing here?" A high voice interrupted Chanyeol. There was a loud zipping sound as the tent door was opened. Standing right outside was the camp head, Jessica, looking very angry indeed. "You guys shouldn't be in a girls' tent! Go back to your tent right now!" Jessica chided fumingly, "the four of you will be punished accordingly tomorrow. Go to sleep. Now!" 
 
Reluctantly, Chanyeol and Baekhyun grudgingly got up from their comfortable positions and exited the tents. "See you girls tomorrow," Baekhyun said, while Chanyeol simply waved. "Get going!" Jessica shot the two boys a threatening look. 
 
"And you girls should go to sleep soon." Jessica zipped up the tent and left. 
 
Now Taeyeon and Tiffany were left all alone in the tent. Taeyeon was about to close her eyes when she suddenly remembered she yet to remove her contact lens. 
 
"Fany ah, you go to sleep first. I'll be going to the washroom to remove my contact lens. Don't need to wait for me, okay?" Taeyeon ped the tent and pushed her feet into her sports shoes. 
 
"TaeTae ah, do you need me to accompany you? It's quite late now, afterall," Tiffany sat up and rubbed her eyes tiredly. 
 
"It's okay, you're tired right? Just to go sleep! I'll be back in quicker than you think!" Taeyeon assured her best friend before walking towards the block of washrooms. There wasn't anybody in sight, the people on patrol duty were probably patrolling another part of the campsite. It was pitch dark but Taeyeon still made it safely to the block. 
 
As Taeyeon approached the girls' bathroom, she noticed that the lights weren't working as well as the night before. They flickered on and off, on and off, on and off. Shrugging it off, Taeyeon entered the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror as she washed her fingers and tried to remove the plastics.
 
However her fingers were too wet and they kept gliding over the contact lens instead of grabbing them out. Taeyeon sighed in exasperation as she moved closer to the mirror to take a closer look. 
 
The tap in the basin next to Taeyeon began trickling. The water hit the basin drop by drop, the droplets getting swallowed by the sinister black hole at the bottom. 
 
Drip, drip, drip.
 
The sound was beginning to creep Taeyeon out, though she had always been the calm type who never believed in the supernatural. Taeyeon dismissed the trickling as the to being faulty and continued removing her lens. 
 
Behind her, the doors to the toilet stalls began creaking. Taeyeon's heart began racing as she gulped. She looked into the mirror to see nothing but empty cubicles, with the toilet doors opening and closing, creating squeaking noises. Her gaze stopped at the last cubicle, which it's door closed. 
 
Taeyeon sighed in relief. Thankfully she wasn't alone and there was still another girl inside to accompany her. Taeyeon tried drying her palm on her track pants and finally, she manged to get one of her contact lens out from her left eye. However, the slippery piece of plastic slipped through her fingers and landed on the floor. 
 
Awesome, Taeyeon grunted, I'm like half blind now and I have to about for my contact lens. Taeyeon squatted down slowly, and squinting hard with her right eye, her hands d the floor for a piece of plastic. 
 
Her fingers closed around something. Something circular. Something wet and slimy. That must be my contact lens! Taeyeon thought happily as her fingers wrapped around the cold, hard, object. 
 
Except... That wasn't Taeyeon's contact lens. 
 
As Taeyeon stood up and looked into the mirror, she realised that the door to the last cubicle was now open, but there wasn't anybody in the restroom with her. 
 
That's strange, Taeyeon wondered. She looked down to her palm, and that something on her palm looked back up at her. 
 
It was a round bloody eyeball. 
 
Taeyeon's throat seemed to be blocked, no sound from her, as Chanyeol's words rang in her ears. 
 
There was a tap on Taeyeon's shoulder. An icy cold touch. 
 
Taeyeon slowly turned around...
 
A bloodcurdling scream was heard throughout the whole campsite. 
 
-
 
"Then what happened?" Tiffany's nails sank deeper into Taeyeon's arm. 
 
"Yoona dug her eyeball out instead."