MatsuoMiyuki | Undeniable Love

Shadow Oneshot Cafe | CLOSED | BATCH ONE

A/N : I didn't sleep for a day for this story. XD Sorry for the lack of romance. I dont know romance that much! (i dont have bf anyway and lack of reading about this stuff XD) I really hope that you enjoy. Please leave some comment and tell me what you think about it. :) huh! I think I'm weird and lack of ideas.. Omma~ T^T *throw cheese!* haha XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The photograph of her beloved boyfriend was now lying on the cold floor; accompanied by the broken frames and glasses. The sound of broken glasses still echoed through her cochlea when it hit the wall and dangerously turned into sharp pieces. There was no mercy for it even though Kris’ angelic smile was forever immortalized in the photo. It was now useless to Hyeji. Who is going to keep the fake happiness from the past forever?

Her animosity toward him engulfed all the love and trusts that given to him. Hyeji was shaking in fury and her eyes burned with anger and hatred as she stared at the photograph of Kris and her. How dare he smiles at her when she was drowning in anger! Big liar! Why did she love him so much when he didn’t?  The next thing she knew her red blood was oozing out from some of her fingers and her hands busied tearing the picture. She mindlessly picked up the photo between the sharp glasses and ignored the cuts that created by them. They were nothing compared with her ripped heart. “It was unbelievable that I love you!” Her exclamation woke her housemate; Tania up from her sleep for the second time after the loud thud of the broken photo frame.

“Hyeji! Are you okay? You broke something?! Did you hurt yourself?!” Tania knocked her room’s door countlessly. Her questions only replied by Hyeji’s wild grieve and curse.

**

Despite herself, Tania pretended concentrating at the lecture while her mind was wildly thinking about Kris and Hyeji; which was not her problem at all. She could just ignore it anyway.

“Okay! You should listen to me! Kris is not like that! I know him very well, okay? It is just misunderstanding, Hyeji!” Tania followed Hyejin as they went out from the lecture’s hall. She tried to convince Hyeji that Kris is faithful toward her but Hyeji kept evading her since at home. Hyeji kept failing Tania to be a good friend to Kris by rejecting her argument. Rumor had it that Kris was just playing with Hyeji’s heart for the last two years until yesterday. Now, she was ridiculously moving on. It was just like that. Unfortunately, she was lying to herself. She kept forcing her heart to eliminate her so-called boyfriend; that she believed was a playboy. “Lina and Rose were lying to you!” Tania jerked Hyeji’s arm just to stop her from walking.

“You are the one who lying to me, Tania!” Hyeji’s shout gained attention from the students who were passing by. Tania took a deep breath and refused to process her words. Now, she put the blame of her since she was the one who introduced Kris to Hyeji. “Can’t you see those photos that they showed to you? Are you blind?! He was hugging with random girls! And now you told me that Kris is not like that?!”  Hyeji pulled back her arm and escaped from Tania’s grip. She was speechless. In the end, Tania only could watched Hyeji disappeared from her sight to nowhere through the crowd. In her head just Kris needed to know about this.

“These pictures are good! They are masterpieces.  Good enough to invite her jealousy.” Kris sarcastically giggled. His dimple slowly absent from his porcelain skin as his lips turned into unreadable lines. “Kris, you should explain this to her.” Tania shook her head as a sign of disapproval of this misunderstanding.

“May I know something?” Kris frowned. He riveted his gaze to Tania’s face. He briefly scanned her frown that written on her forehead.

“What?” Tania stopped from rearranging the books on the shelf. She briskly fixed her rotated librarian nametag before her eyes meet his.

“I don’t understand why Rose and Lina did this to me. I thought… they are my friends. You know that they are my classmates since high schools. Same goes to these girls in the pictures. The blonde-hair girl is my sister. Is that wrong to hug my only beloved sister and my school project’s partners?” Kris threw the photographs on the table and his eyes were begging for understanding from Tania. Tania rubbed her temple and shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know either Kris… Jealousy?” she guessed.

 A sigh released from Kris mouth as he removed the thin green gloves that protect his hands from paper cut. “Hyeji doesn’t even know my sister. I thought she knew her.” Kris disappointed.

“Well, maybe you forgot to introduce to her?”

“I swear I don’t remember. My sis lives in States since she continues her study until now, and she seldom come to Korea. Honestly, we rarely take picture together too. ” He sounded pathetic.  He lowered his gaze and force himself to be understanding. He had to be one because Hyeji’s quick-tempered, her unbearable jealousy and his love toward her. What Tania could do is nothing. Maybe Hyeji rarely got the chance to meet his sister so she did not know about her.

“Can you help me?”

Kris got an idea. Since he could not reach her through phone calls and message, he had to plan something in order to meet her. She kept avoiding him since then, that was why he still could not make his clarification toward this problem. Hyeji was already built the wall between them. Besides that, she also refused to talk with Tania whenever she mentioned Kris’ name in front of her.

I’m here now.

Okay.

Tania replied his message and put her phone on the nightstand. She went upstairs and leads herself to Hyeji’s room.

“Yes?” Hyeji opened the door and found Tania in front of her.

“Can you help me, please? I think someone is waiting in front of our house. A postman, I guess. I have stomachache. I don’t think I should come out at this state.” Tania pretended to be sick and grabbed her clothes on her stomach. She tried to sound desperate and sick as much as possible.

“Okay.” Hyeji beamed. Thanks God! She took the bait. Tania followed her from behind and entered her room as she went straight to the front door. The bell was still ringing, annoyed the owner inside the house.

“Wait! I’ll open the door!”

The familiar eyes finally met each other, caused time to stop for a while. However, the longing eyes denied by the sour expression and Hyeji attempted to close the door. “Leave!” Leave? Just like that? A man should not do that unless he able to reach her, at least for a short conversation. So, Kris held the door, failing the effort of her to close it.

“We need to talk, Hyeji!”

“I have nothing to say!”

“But I do!”

“I don’t want to hear anything from you!”

“Don’t you love me?”

Hyeji’s heart skipped a bit. Doesn’t she love him? A question that she almost failed to evaded. The tears were b and her heart was hurt again. The images of the photographs came back into her mind’s eyes. Kris almost got her, convinced by the less force from the inside caused him to stop from pushing the door. In his dream, thought. The door that was should open widely for him, finally close with a loud thud. Hyeji pushed it as hard as she can. The lock clicked loudly, completely rejecting Kris who was still standing in front of the white door. His hand turned the knob but the door was not opened.

“Hyeji! Hyeji! Let me explain! Please!” Kris last attempts before he left. He called her so many times until the guard chased him off from the residence. How heartless she could be since she was the one who called the safety guards.

This was not the end. Kris still tried to meet her. He even wrote letters for her but she mindlessly threw them away. She was very cold and never forgives him. Everything was stopped by itself when Kris was listed in the exchanged student to London for several months. He brought his broken heart with him and still contacting Tania so that he could be updated about Hyejin. Nevertheless, things seemed not good at all when Tania had to transfer to the other college. Her parents moved to Canada and she had no choice but just to follow them.

**

“No way!”

“Yes way!”

“This is a VVIP ticket!”

“My husband is an artist, okay? So don’t blame me for hardly find me around if you don’t have this ticket. I emailed you the hotel address so, meet you in Canada!” Hyeji giggled as she ended her call. The tableau fitted her new room’s wall. Her room painted in pale green and Tania’s gift was perfectly matched with the surrounding. How lovely! The forest scenery is very detailed and the painting is neat, almost levitated her to her own imaginary forest. The air conditioner softly blows the fragrance of fresh peach; it was so relaxing. It was less than 72 hours before her flight to Canada, but her mind was already flew to the beautiful country.

Wow! She shouted within her. The five stars hotel did make her blind with the luxury interior and fascinating surrounding. She found her name on the VVIP’s table, just in front of the stage. She sat at the same table with Tania which was quite weird to her.

“Don’t you have to sit with your parents and husband?”

“Yes! But he will come later. He will make a surprise which is not surprise anymore. I know he is going to sing a song for me. It is probably that song; our song.”  Tania sheepishly laughed. She was glowing in her white dress and diamonds. Her hair was just a simple bun but revealed her forehead; revealing more of her porcelain skin.

“Here is our hero for tonight! One of the famous artists!” the host announced. “Josh Graham!”

The time seemed to stop when a familiar face appeared on the stage; the owner of the tall body was completely handsome in the typical gray tuxedo. Kris? Hyeji briskly turned to Tania who was already amused staring at her.

“Kris is your husband?” Hyeji asked with disbelief.

“Are you deaf?” Tania frowned. “He said Josh Graham,since when Kris changed his name to Josh?” Hyeji was speechless, still clueless but slowly caught up. Her eyes rolled back to the stage.

“Uhm, Kris. You are blocking me.” A sudden voice echoed but no one was holding the mic, even the host. After that, Kris moved aside. “Ops! Sorry, Josh!” the husky voice, her longing voice echoed through the speaker brought tears in her eyes. It was very familiar to her ears. The event then continued with the performance by Josh while Kris played his role as the pianist for the night. 

“Okay! I have this enough. Please let me sit down with my princess now. I will give the spotlight to my friend, Kris!” Josh welcomed Kris who was still sitting in front of the piano. “Play any song that you want!” Tania suddenly got excited and shouted Kris’ name until she got his attention. His first sight was stolen by the girl who was in the blue dress, no other but her; Hyeji. His eyes widen twice from its size, disbelief with what he saw.

“Kris!” Josh sudden call took him by surprise. “Aren’t you going to play a song for us?”

“I will… I- I will” he stuttered. However, his mind was totally blank. He couldn’t think until his eyes went back to his beloved. “I call this song; Undeniable Love.” It was our song for them. In the middle of his playing, Tania showed her the letters that she threw few months ago. “I think this is the time for you to read this. I know you still love him.” Tania’s eyes were very convincing, so Hyeji hardly escaped from the fact that she still love him. She tried to deny but her heart kept scolding her since it had enough of torture that she made herself. Like the song was playing… this love is undeniable.

I believe our love can’t be denied by the hatred and jealousy, so I’ll wait for you to come back to me.

The last words in the letter finally became true. The stupidity of her could be forgiven.

I'm yours.