Mello_marshmallow | Frozen Polaroids

Shadow Oneshot Cafe | CLOSED | BATCH ONE

Title: Frozen Polaroids

Pairing: Kris/Megan(OC)

Genre: Angst

Summary: Polaroids are just frozen memories of happier times and forever isn't half as long as it used to be.

A/N: Hey guys, its sushi-mushi ^^ I haven't actually read this over but here it is, full on angst. I was hoping some of you could comment on the stories I've written (sorry if I'm asking too much?) because I honestly don't know if any of you actually like the way I write? Laughs awkwardly// thankyou ^^




The polaroids fluttered weakly, propelled up by the sterilized hospital air as they hung above the window like a broken veil. They were just faint glimmering blocks of color, accentuated by the stark white background the hospital provided. Starched white bedsheets spread stiffly over single bed frames, rubbery white curtains hung limply in the corner and even the sunlight that managed to stream in through the thick paned windows was faint; just a flickering of brightness. 

Megan stood in the middle of the room, eyes focused on the small pictures hanging limply. The paper-thin, blue hospital gown hung just as limply around her thin frame, and her hair was dank. Everything was limp and dreary.

Her face was gaunt, cheeks so hollow, her cheekbones protruded like shards of glass. The shadows under her eyes were dark and moody and her eyes were bloodshot, red and glazed over. 

"Miss Megan?" A nurse scurried into the room, worrying her bottom lip between her teeth. "Miss Megan," she repeated, voice shaking. Megan turned around to stare dazedly at the young nurse, almost amused at how nervous the young girl was. 

"Yes?" Megan winced as her own voice cracked in the middle of the one syllabled word. 

"Doctor Kim asked you to clean up the room for the next patient," the nurse squeaked, looking to be on the verge of tears. 

"Okay." Megan sighed as the nurse scurried out of the room, as if  she scared that she would have another breakdown. Megan smiled ruefully at the door before turning back towards the polaroids. She wouldn't have another breakdown; she had no more tears left. Everything happened for reasons, she knew.

Slowly, she paced towards the window. The polaroids wiggled weakly before falling still against the glass. With a sigh, she picked up the first photo. "2002-- First date at Moe's Movie Theatre" was scrawled at the bottom in loopy letter that weren't hers. The photo showed a blurry picture of two faces. Her own face, younger and more carefree, black hair cascading off to the side and his face, jaunt cheekbones and the tiniest bit of stubble above his lip. They were laughing, their cheeks blurred together. They had been set up in a blind date by a mutual friend and they had instantly clicked.

They were by no means the perfect pair. He was tall, towering over her with a face that seemed to be perpetually in a scowl. She was shorter, smaller features as opposed to his muscled arms and toned features. She always had a smile on her face, glasses hanging off her nose as her index finger came up again and again to push them up. But they fit each other. She could make him laugh with a joking wiggle of her eyebrows and he could cheer her up with his concealed, secretly awkward personality.

She fit into his arms like a shirt thats fits absolutely perfectly and their fingers fit into each other's like, the cliche, puzzle pieces.

The second picture she took down was titled "My goddess finally moved in". It was a selca of the two of them, still in bed. Megan smiled wistfully. She was asleep in the photo, mouth open with drool coming out from the side. Kris was smiling one of his rare, gummy smiles, eyes crinkled up in delight. 

The third photo was by a poolside. The scribbles on the bottom of the polaroid were her own messy handwriting. "Poolside party is Kris's style". Kris was laughing in the photo, blurred limbs moving in the air as he prepared to jump into the pool, his muscled thighs hugged tightly by the red swim trunks. 

The fourth photo, the fifth photo, the sixth photo; all photos of her and Kris, memories suspended in time. Happy memories, their first fight and their first pet; a small furball named Mimi. Halloween parties, Valentine Day celebrations, surprise Birthday parties, memories frozen in time, frozen when they were still happy and together. 

The second to last photo to come down was a simple photo of a hand. Looking closer, it was possible to see the small silver band on the ring finger. "Promised my girl forever" read the caption in Kris's messy scrawls and Megan instinctively clasped her hands together, feeling the silver ring on her finger. 

Then the last photo and Megan almost broke down again. The last photo of their timeline of memories. Kris and Megan standing in front of a blue Sedan, grinning cheekily at the camera as Chanyeol snapped a photo. 

The same blue Sedan ended up crashing with a large tow truck and the same Sedan would send both Kris and Megan into the hospital. Megan collected the photos into her arms as she finally stepped back out of the room. Before turning towards her own hospital room from which she would soon be released, she snapped one final photo with the polaroid camera. As it began developing she delved around for a small pen. 

Scribbling a small note on the bottom of the photo, she set the photos into a small black box provided by the doctor. Taking it with her, she went back to her own room. She was getting ready to head back into her regular clothes and to the room that didn't smell like hand sanitizer anymore.

She glanced at the photo again and read what she wrote just now.

"Forever isn't as long as it used to be"