Babyatheart | Officially Loving You

Shadow Oneshot Cafe | CLOSED | BATCH ONE

Despite of myself, I tried again for another romance. But I think i'm failed. Still doing my assignment so I have a hard time to update even though the story is done. So, I'm doing this at school instead of home XD hahahah! Sorry for the late update and you know I love you! Wait for the next! My shop is reallllly quiet. :( *holding candle*

 

 

 

 “Here.”

“No! I want strawberry!” Luhan frowned.

“ All kiwis, no strawberry flavor.” Xiumin shoved the still covered ice cream into Luhan’s mouth and took his seat. Chanyeol laughed and blatantly ruffled Luhan’s hair. Unfortunately, the next thing he knew, his arm was already replaced the ice cream in Luhan’s mouth as the punishment. Their bodies slowly refreshed as they took their time consuming the ice cream. Meanwhile, their eyes were still exploring the tall building in front them. The Forbidden City was the last destination after they went to Tianmen Square last few hours. No doubt, these China’s oeuvres were very mesmerizing and proudly highlighted the royal ambience from Ming and Qing dynasties.

                Xiumin silently felt uncomfortable with the ocean of visitors around him and his feet went numb from the hours of walking. He enjoyed everything but now he was really exhausted.

“So, next destination is our homestay!” Luhan cheerfully declared. Xiumin released heavy sigh, “Finally.”

“Why? Are you not enjoying our trip for today?” Chanyeol scrutinized the latter.

“No! It’s not that. I can’t sleep last night so I feel so tired.” Xiumin pouted, begged for their understanding. “Okay, you can take your nap later. Hurry up! We must go to the entrance; my Uncle will bring us to his homestay.” Luhan rose and slung his beg on his shoulder. “Let’s go!”

It took half an hour from the Forbidden City to Uncle Tee’s homestay. Despite their expectation, they welcomed by the thin bamboo forest instead of modern-style of homestay. “Welcome to my sanctuary.” Luhan’s uncle; Uncle Tee utters proudly. His eyes were still focusing on the driving; took his time to park his car. The breeze from nowhere played with their hair when they went out from the car. Chanyeol can’t stop smiling; the cold breeze tickled his eyelashes and caught his attention by making the bamboo’s leaves waving at him.

“This place is very cool!” Xiumin broke the silent. Uncle Tee nodded; agreed with his opinion. “Of course! This place is very cool and nice.” He added. “This is really yours, Uncle?” Chanyeol doubted. Luhan translated for Uncle Tee since Korean language was so unfamiliar for him.

“This is mine! My family worked hard for this place,” he answered. The surrounding caught back their attentions, light brown neatly painted on every chalet and the surrounding was very clean and well-arranged.

However, Xiumin failed again to close his eyes even in this surrounding. The smell of peppermint was really disturbing; in a good way. He decided to leave Chanyeol who was already asleep, and went to the small green house that he saw from his chalet. He was roaming around and greeted some pedestrians who jogged nearby the lake. The concrete-covered ground replaced by the brown nature sand. No doubt, the scent of peppermint was come from here. He saw bunch of flowers in the transparent green house, exploring more and more until he subconsciously entered.

A white rabbit in the middle of the aisle caught his eyes, munching the grass in its mouth from a small lawn inside the green house. “Hey!” He called, literally surprised the rabbit. He tried to come closer but its nature awareness of human made it ran away from him. “Wait, rabbit!” Xiumin in his blue short sleeves polo; was squatting on the ground. His jean got dirt by the wet soil; tried to make himself had the same level with the cute one.

“Come here. Come here. I won’t hurt you.” He still chased it until the fluffy rabbit hides behind a shovel.

“Yixing!” A voice made Xiumin jolted. He stayed freeze squatting on the ground. In front of him, there was a girl with a long hair. Her fringe covered her forehead as she picked the little cute thing from the ground. “Yixing, I told you to stay in cage.” The girl frowned, her fingers played with the long-ear rabbit.

Like the blinding sunlight, her eyes caught his. Xiumin rose from his old position. She scanned his appearance without any words. However, the frown lines on her forehead were readable. Her fringe somehow failed to cover them.  He rose and awkward smile cracked on his face.

She’s beautiful.

“Who are you?” She asked. “How you get into here? This place is still close for visitor.” Her voice sounded unfriendly. Somehow her voice became calmer as she spoke.

“I-I’m sorry. I’m just looking around and I really like the smell…”His tongue was flexible enough to conduct a conversation in Mandarin as he explained.

“Smell?”

“I-I meant peppermint, the peppermint. So, I just… come here. I don’t know it closed for visitor.”

“Ah! It’s okay…” She smiled. “I think I forgot to put the sign up.” She rubbed her temple and pointed a small rectangle signboard on a table. Xiumin stupidly smiled as she laughed.

“Kai Li!” someone shouted from the entrance.

Luhan’s appearance surprised them, he entered and walked all the way with a frown. Xiumin was out of his sight. “Kai Li, where is my rabbit?!”

“She is probably in the cage.”

“She’s not! I told you to take care of her before I came back. Where is my Candy?” Luhan disappointed, literally spoke in high pitch to show his anger.

“You meant this?” the latter chipped in.

Luhan briskly turned around. His eyes found Candy beside a flower pot.

“Dear!”

 Xiumin just stared at him as he came to get her, “I don’t know you like rabbit, Luhan.” He spoke. “Oh! How you get in here?”

 

**

Chanyeol shoved a piece of the grilled meat into his mouth, enjoying the taste while his eyes riveted on the girl in her jean and white blouse. His first dinner in this bamboo forest ended up with meeting a princess, he thought. The smile eyes owned by Kai Li never failed to melt men’s heart and Chanyeol was not an exception. Feeling neglected, Chanyeol remained silent while Kai Li happily laughed as Xiumin made fun of Luhan with his Candy.

“You are unpredictable!”

“Why? Man can’t like rabbit?”

“No. It just, I can’t believe it, man. You are manly, but then you have a pet, and it is a cute little rabbit. I thought Candy was a female dog when you told me last time.”

“I love rabbit, okay?”

Chanyeol smiled and just silently sat on his chair. Sitting beside a pretty stranger was not a forbidden anyway. He still failed to introduce himself and the most important thing was to know who she is. Well, he knew her name is Kai Li. Like a telepathy, she suddenly turned to face him like she heard him, smiled brightly caused the latter to blush.

“What is your name?” She asked; blinking her eyes urged him to give an answer.

“She asked what your name is.” Luhan translated to the blank Chanyeol.

“Park Chanyeol.” He smiled

“He is not Chinese?” Kai Li asked as she turned back to Luhan. “They both are Korean, but Xiumin is able to speak in Mandarin.” Luhan explained.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m Kai Li, Luhan’s best friend.” She had no choice but awkwardly spoke in English. “It’s nice to meet you too.”

To remain Chanyeol in the conversation, they had to speak in English which was no problem at all. They continued until late at night even though Luhan already fall asleep on Kai Li’s petite shoulder for hours now.

“I think we should keep going. Poor our Luhan and you guys must be tired already.” Kai Li finally declared for a farewell.

“Could you please send him to chalet? I will accompany Kai Li to hers.” Xiumin requested, made disappointment coagulated Chanyeol deep inside his heart. However, he agreed and piggybacked Luhan to their shared chalet. It was too early to call it as jealousy, but Chanyeol just felt it right there, somewhere within himself as he watched they walked away to the opposite way.

A smile still painted on Xiumin’s face as he came back. His interest on Kai Li kept blooming in his heart, started from his first sight this evening. A single wave from the owner of the sweetest smile just now really made his heart pitter-pattered and he cannot waited for tomorrow. Chanyeol stared the latter with a straight line lips. He definitely understood the glowing face but he chose to ignore, maybe it meant nothing.

**

The number 8 on his digital clock finally showed up, allured Chanyeol to come out silently from his chalet. He gained so much information about Kai Li from the last night conversation. Working as a temporary gardener, Kai Li worked in the small garden with aplomb. Her major in agriculture helped her a lot. Now, instead of being alone as usual, she had a visitor at early in the morning; obviously it is Chanyeol.

“Have you eaten yet?”

“Nope.” Chanyeol shook his head.

“Don’t skip your breakfast, Chanyeol.”

“No, I’m not.” Chanyeol smiled shyly and both of his hands dug his sweater’s pocket just to get two wrapped sandwiches. “One for you, one for me.”

“But I already…” she hesitated, Chanyeol understood but his eyes worked hard just to beg her to take it. “Well… another sandwich for me won’t make me fat anyway.” She took it, and smile bloomed on the latter’s face.

Yeay!

Chanyeol hided his victorious smile from her. Thousand strings of red blushes almost readable on his face, he watched whenever she consumed the vegetable sandwich; obviously bought from the café. At least, he had a breakfast with her. It was enough to make up the last night disappointment. His imbecilic behavior always made she laughed. Everything went wrong when he wanted to help her around.

“I think these all are not my things.” He sighed.

Genuine laugh escaped from Kai Li’s mouth, “You are so funny! It’s okay, I can handle this.”

“I’ll definitely turn your greenhouse upside down.” He laughed.

Meanwhile, outside the planthouse, Xiumin bitterly watched them. It’s already 12 but Kai Li probably forgot about their promise to have lunch together. In the crowded café, Xiumin sat alone; kept shoving his food into his mouth. He scolded himself for being like that; Chanyeol probably met her as a friend. Well, they all were friends. He could just join them instead sitting alone. He saw Luhan busied with the order and walked back and forth from the counter to the tables. Two cans of lemon teas that he bought from vending machine remained stood in front of his plate. Originally for her, but he gulped all of them.

“Oi!” Luhan appeared and sat on the empty seat. “Where is Kai Li?”

“With Chanyeol.” Xiumin bluntly answered accompanied by the dissatisfaction smirk.

“But you said…”

“Yeah.” Xiumin cut, soullessly continued eating. Luhan left dumbfounded, tacitly tapping his pen on the table. He stared at Xiumin, acted like he could read him.

“You know what? Not far from the lake, there is a wooden bench, it facing toward the hill that I showed you last evening.” Luhan calmly uttered.

“Hm.”

“Kai Li’s favorite spot.” Luhan succeed to lift Xiumin’s face by only those words. Xiumin thought Luhan was giving him a hint, but he couldn’t get it. “Go there.” Luhan simply said before he left for another customer.

The scent of peppermint was replaced by the lavender which hidden behind the nearest hills. The cool breeze kept blowing the fragrance around and subconsciously erased his jealousy. It is too calm to be mad. No wonder she like to be here.

The dead flowers scattered around with the brown grass on the ground. Maybe they received too much sunlight since there was only a tree around here; proudly grow above the wooden bench. Xiumin’s eyes had enough with the scenery, so now he was sitting on the ground. He picked one by one of the dead flowers with long stem and made a small wreath with them. He got distracted by his own creation and forgot that the time flied.  The circle was a little bit thick and small green leaves decorate the dead flower wreath. “Not bad.” He beamed.

“Yeah. Well done!” a voice echoed. He could not hide his widen eyes, totally oblivious with the surrounding. She sat casually on the bench and he had no idea how long she was here. Kai Li chuckled and covered . “Is that for me?” She nudged his shoulder.

“Dream on.” He snorted, gave a glare before looking back to his precious wreath.

“Hey!” Kai Li dumbfounded. “Are you mad at me?” she giggled while her legs found their position on the ground; same level as Xiumin’s. “Have you lunch already?”

“Why bother?”

“Come on! I’m sorry, okay? Chanyeol helped me around with stuffs and I forgot about our lunch.”

“Have fun, eh?” Somehow, Kai Li smelled something fishy; she hesitated and scrutinized this childish Xiumin. Is that jealousy? Instead of feeling weird, a smile curved on her lips.

“Are you jealous? Xiumin! Okay, I will pay the price. How about having chicken chop tonight? My treat.”

“Pious talk.” Xiumin muttered. “What? Come on, Xiumin! Xiumin! Look how nice your creation, I totally adore you. You have a magic hands.” she shook his body so many times. Her invisible aegyo striked Xiumin caused him to surrender from being a male-fatale; if it was the word.

**

Too funny how he finally sat in front of her with the small wreath fitted around her left wrist. It should be a decoration somewhere on the wall, but it too small to get noticed.

“Such a childish…” she mocked.

“What? What? What?” he ignored, playfully replied with an undefined emoji on his face. She laughed gleefully. Their hearts flattered with tonight event. It was very happening and full with laughed; especially from the easily-delighted Kai Li. Their eyes spoke loud than words, and they were very obvious.

In these three days, Chanyeol tried his best to hide his enviousness. Sometimes, he felt very awkward toward Xiumin since he developed feeling toward Kai Li. Even though, she never turned down his invitations for another breakfast and lunch, or walking around the lake. He’s happy enough but he could not accept the fact that her smile looked brighter whenever Xiumin around. When the time put the stress on him, he decided to make a step.

“Would you like to stay keep in touch?” He bravely uttered.

“Of course!”

“So we can know each other better!” He continued. Kai Li’s expression was unreadable even how long Chanyeol tried to interpret it. Where was the dimple on her face just now? “Yeah.” A short answer seemed failed to convince him. But, he nodded and kept his hope high.

This was not enough.

“I think I like her.” Xiumin freeze as his ears consumed those words.

“Like seriously?” Luhan shocked. Chanyeol shyly smiles and kept throwing the fact. “I just like her. I said to her that we can keep in touch so we can know each other better.”

“Wow! So what did she said?” Luhan patted Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“She’s fine with it.” He declared. “She’s fine with it, Xiumin ah!” Was that his attempt to remark that he owned Kai Li?

“Oh! Really? That’s great!” Xiumin turned around and answered cheerfully. “Yeah!” Chanyeol asked for a high five. Xiumin bitterly replied it. All he did after that was continue with packing his stuff into the black luggage.

The last dinner was rather silent than being loud as usual. Chanyeol busied himself with joking around; messing with Luhan and talking to Kai Li. Whilst Xiumin had nothing to say. His mind wandered aimlessly but made his comeback whenever Chanyeol laughed. He chose to laugh together without knowing the reason why they all burst into it. It was definitely Chanyeol’s jokes. He’s a hilarious guy anyway.

**

“What?”

“They left first.” Luhan explained.

“So you are not sending them? I thought we will go together.” Kai Li put Yixing on the ground, her voice dangerously echoed in the greenhouse.

“I can’t. I have appointment with my doctor at 2pm. It’s about in an hour you see.”

“What about their flight?”

 “It’s 1.40 pm.”

Time was running up, she waited for Xiumin to show up after Chanyeol this morning. How could him? She drove along the way with Uncle Tee’s car just to catch up with the flight. She tried to stay safe without driving dangerously. Maybe today was luck for her. She arrived ten minutes early and searched around departure lounge and gates.

“Kai Li!”

Finally, a voice called for her.

“You came! I thought you never come here!”

“C-Chanyeol.”

“I really hope that you will come and here you are! God heard my wish! Promised me to keep in touch, okay?” Chanyeol excitedly greeted and remained her whilst her eyes wandered around.

“Kai Li, did you listen to me? Add me in your skype and-”

“Where is Xiumin?” she finally asked, anxiously tried to find the latter.

“What?”

“Xiumin! Where is he?” she choked. A bitter smile cracked on Chanyeol’s face while his eyes stared at her with disbelief. She came for Xiumin. Kai Li patiently waited for his answer.

“He is… he’s there.” He mindlessly answered, not even bother to raise his arm showing which directions he meant just now. Kai Li’s eyes wandered again, and finally there he was. Xiumin; was standing beside a stall, two bubble teas in his hands.

Smiles printed on their face at the same time, meant they wanted to see each other without even said it out loud.