Only4EXO | Leading to Love

Shadow Oneshot Cafe | CLOSED | BATCH ONE

A/N : Hi hello! Finished my very first request. Unfortunately, I don't have beta reader so I'm afraid I turn you off with my grammatical errors T^T. However, please comment after reading this :D You can rate it from 1- 10 or anything will do :) Wow! This is quite challenging cause I'm not good in romance O_O XD Sorry, I have to give name to Sha's bf XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lake is chanting her name as she keeps staring at it. Sha almost shivers in cold since it is already past an hour since she lets her feet dipping in the water. She watches the paper box slowly sinks into the water. Everything is there; his pictures, his gifts and some letters that he wrote for her. But, they all are useless now. Every confession in the letter contains nothing, not even a glimpse of feeling that she used to have. Her heart is depleted and sank like the paper box which is completely disappeared from her sight by now.

“I love you so much,” she declares in her cry.

The cold breeze from the east cares her fridge and her wet cheeks. Her eyes are still b with the hot tears. This tranquil lake; why do it give a nasty feeling to Sha? And the lake is still chanting her name. It’s evoking her to just get into the calm water. She frowns in confusion, but yet throws her right hand into it.

Don’t worry. It’s just to relax your mind and refresh yourself.

Out of the blue, the lake looks so demanding. Sha wants for more. Her body is suddenly burning and she feels so hot even though the morning fog still lingering around. All she needs is to relax and forget everything. The next thing she knows she is slowly leading herself into the water. She gets deeper and deeper into the lake. She feels the slippery sand tickles her feet until she barely touch it.
 

“STOP! I SAID STOP RIGHT THERE!”

The shout from nowhere seems nothing to her. The light brown water turns Sha into deaf and mute. Even if she heard it, the latter won’t get any reply either. She is out of breath, but does not make any effort to gain some oxygen into her lungs until a sudden jerk make her floating on the surface.

“Stay still!” Her ears catch the husky voice, speaks out in difficulty. She feels the strong arm around her neck. “Let me go!” Sha finally comes to her sense and fights all her might to escape from the latter’s grip. She did not ask for a mercy from anyone. She just wanted to disappear!

“I said! Let me go!” The tasteless water effortlessly enters ; forces Sha to gulp it down and then cuts her words. Who is this guy? Curiosity developed at the edge of her mind.

After all the struggles, Sha is already lying on the ground with a tighten grip around her wrist. Her lung is begging for air even though she scolds herself to just die and get choked by the water. Her body does not listen; she coughs until the water escapes from her poor lung. Same goes to a young man beside her. He is coughing and panting so badly. His fringe hides his eyes and all she could see is only his pale lips. Everything turns to dark pitch after that, completely shading her sight into nothing.

**

The scent of antiseptic and medicine is lingering in the room. Like chewing a mint, she breathes a cold air into her lung which is quite refreshing. Besides that, everything is white on her blurry vision. Sha keeps blinking her eyes until she gains her vivid vision of surrounding. Frankly, she is in the hospital.  She releases a heavy sigh, almost inviting her eyes to cry again. This is tiring. She sits on her bed and observing herself that already wearing the hospital gown which is revealing her arms and calves. There is no IV linked to her arm, so there is no need to wait for any check-up. She’s physically fine. With a little effort, she gets out from her bed and wears the slippers, ready for heading to the door. She is trampling from her bed to the door until she automatically stops in the process.

“Wait…” A faint voice calls. She turns around and finds a young man on the bed which is besides hers. His face is pale and he is hardly breathing. He slowly removes his oxygen mask and speaks again, “Don’t go. It’s your turn to take care of me.”

BYUN BAEKHYUN

Sha glances at the small rectangle board on the wall. So, that is his name. Sha is sitting on her bed and lets her legs hanging and swing them a little; to upward and backward. The vegetable porridge on the patient’s desk is untouched. She is just watching Baekhyun enjoying his meal. At the same times, she cares her own wrist, still hurt from his tight grip.

“My name is Baekhyun.” After a moment, she replies briefly, “Sha.”

Baekhyun nods.

“This is bad! I’m hungry to death and they just serve us this porridge. How stingy!” Baekhyun hits the desk with his empty bowl, already eat them all. He does not know if he is exaggerating, but he just wants to light up the atmosphere. He glances at her bowl and smiles sheepishly. “You are not going to eat that, right?”

“No.” she simply answers. Baekhyun beams and tries to get out from his bed. Unfortunately, he suddenly feels a sting on his chest. “Ah!” He ends up lies on his bed and fully grabs clothes on his chest into his fist. The color on his face fades away.

“Are… are you okay?” Sha jolts and jumps out from her bed.  She comes closer to Baekhyun and endeavor to care his back. “I’m fine. Don’t worry.” Baekhyun bitterly smiles; the pain is still readable on his face. She sighs and decides to bring the bowl to Baekhyun and voluntarily feeds him.

“You know what? You shouldn’t do that.” Baekhyun breaks the silent. “I didn’t ask you to save me.” Sha stops from feeding him. Her eyes are b with tears, even though she does not show her own feeling, but her heart still hurt.

“You can’t commit suicide!” Baekhyun grabs her wrist, and stares into her eyes. Sha stares back and cries her heart out. “Sha, maybe I don’t know you and the reason why you wanted to kill yourself. But, maybe I can help you.”

“But how?!” she exclaims. She does not want to believe this stranger too soon but she need to fix her broken heart. Committing suicide is the quickest way to engulf everything, the sadness that she feels right now will completely gone, she thought.

“You can tell me everything, and I will try my best to help you. I will try my best, I promise.” He declares. She wants to believe that, for once. Stranger or not, she does not have anybody than him. Shame on her with her desperation.

Such a coincident, Baekhyun is actually her schoolmate. He just transferred and it is already three weeks he continues his study in the school. Sha slowly opens her heart to spit everything out all of her secrets. She tells him how she found Suho with her friend, Maria and being lovey-dovey to each other. It happened so many times. She thinks that all she needs to do is to catch his heart back so that he will not leaving her.


“Suho? Lee Suho?”

“Yes.”

“He is one of my old friends! I never knew he has girlfriend!” Baekhyun exclaims in surprise.

“He never mentioned me?”

“No. I don’t think so. Neither you nor Maria.” He taps his chins. Sha gives him a forlorn look and lowers her gaze. “Well... It’s not surprise me. He is very secretive, you now. He is still not very open to us too, his own close friends.” Baekhyun beams, confidently rises his eyebrows. He convinces her that that is nothing to be worried about.

“I will help you as I promised.”

**

“Have you read the book that I gave you last week?”

“Yes. Here.” Sha shows the book and attempts to give it to Baekhyun.

“No no! Keep it! I’m allergic with History, please.” Baekhyun makes a space with her with moves to the side. Sha laughs at his face and put the History book into her bag. “The Old Roman ? It’s just ieu, I don’t believe I bought it for you.”

“Hey! I will pay you back, okay?!” Sha gives him a slight punch on his arm causes him to giggle.

“Now, all you have to do is to stay in the library, sits beside the window and read this book. Make sure you hold like this so he can see the cover!” Baekhyun says with a slight high pitch and shows some how-to with invisible book in his hand.

“Then he will come to me and asking about this stuff?” Sha continues. “Yes! Brilliant!” Baekhyun claps his hand once. “That’s all?” she asks.

“Uhm well… I have some more plans. But, just go with this first, okay? Don’t be greedy, Sha. We have to do this slowly.” Baekhyun shakes his head and points his index finger to the library. “Now, it’s time to go!” He commands.

It takes some times to complete all the plans that Baekhyun arranged for her. Baekhyun tries his best to stalk on Suho and asks this and that to Suho’s sister. Everything is just for Sha. He does not want to let Sha does the same thing like she did at the lake. From time to time, they start to get closer and closer, almost declaring their relationship as a close friend. Instead of dating with Suho who is now quite clingy to Sha, she honestly prefers to hang out with Baekhyun more. She feels so comfortable and safe whenever she with him. Baekhyun is a good listener. He is also not being judgemental when he knew that she was taking anti-depressant and still having on-going therapy. She wonders what if Suho knows about it, maybe he will be afraid of her.

Baekhyun, he tries to deny something that he should not thinks of. Either try to be clueless or ignoring his feeling, he does everything to erase his feeling that developed in his heart. It is just not right! Sha is for Suho. Not him. We are just friend! Yeah! Friend! He shouts within him. However, he still care about her.

 “I’ll take care of you so don’t worry about a thing.” This word keeps echoing in Sha's mind. He is now not only taking care of her problem with Suho, but also other matters. It’s frightening how the time flies but it is what it is. Is her heart developing a feeling toward him? She has no clue either.

Suho is still concentrating on his homework; meanwhile Sha keeps chewing her pen and staring at him. She just loves how everything is back to normal. No, it’s not everything. Something is missing here. That is what Sha thought.

“Suho oppa…”

“Hm…”

“ Baekhyun is your classmate, isn’t?”

“Yes, he is.” Suho turns a new page of his exercise book. He takes a glance of Sha’s face before continue writing his note. “Why did you ask, dear?”

“It’s nothing. Just I don’t see him much recently. He’s not picking my calls too.” She carefully utters, she does not want Suho to get jealous with that. Suho put his pen down and stares at her with a frown.

“You don’t know what happen to him?” Sha believes his tone is zero jealousy. So, it is fine to talk about Baekhyun, she thought. But, his tone is not right to hear too.

“Pardon?”

“No, I just… You guys are friends, right? But how can you don’t know what happen to him?”

“I don’t know. The last time I met him was last Friday. I told him that I cancelled our meeting because you wanted to go to the theme park. Since then he stops from calling me. I thought he mad at me. That’s why I’m asking you so I could apologize to him.”

“He is in hospital.” Suho blurts out.

“H-Hospital?”

Sha is now crying so badly and making her ways to the hospital. Her right hand intertwined with Suho’s and he just follows every step that she makes. “Hurry up!” she exclaims. Suho obeys. When they arrive, Suho’s hand is already freely hanging on his own as he’s watching Sha runs to the counter and engulfed by the crowded. He does not know why there is something different with her. Something unusual that is hard to explain. He stares at the crowd blankly, try to find the clue. Well, this is not the first time. Whenever she mentioned Baekhyun’s name in front of him, her face is always glowing. Showing how glad she is whenever his name mentioned.

The next thing he knows, he is already in front of Baekhyun’s ward. The door is slightly opens, and visible enough for him to see Sha from outside. She is still crying and calling Baekhyun’s name who is still unconscious.

“Baekhyunna! Please wake up! I’m here now.” Sha holds his cold hand with both of hers. As usual, he is wearing the green oxygen mask. As he’s breathing, the vapor is frequently visible on the mask’s wall. The straight line of his forehead turns to frown. It takes some times for Baekhyun to gain his clear view.

“Sha…” he calls. She smiles in her cry. “I’m… I’m here, Baekhyun.” She chokes by her own saliva.  For a brief moment, it is only their eyes speak louder than words.

“Baekhyunna, why didn’t you tell that you are sick? Am I not important for you?” she cries.

“It’s just pneumonia…” he whispers, enough for Sha to hear it.

“You are mean! I told you I will be there for you no matter what happen to you! What should I do without you beside me?”

“I’m sorry. I don’t want you feel disturbed. You still have Suho, Sha.” He utters.

“No! I want you! I need you! You know I will never leave you…” she exclaims.

Suho is almost on his knees. He feels that he already got the clue. This time is his turn to be hurt. He feels something is missing. Deep down in his heart, he feels empty yet hurt. He closes the door, refuses to hear more than that. Isn’t this too fast? Is he making his own conclusion? Does her heart change already? He knows he almost did the same, but he came back to her. Maybe this is his punishment for being unfaithful.