Chapter 9: Changes

Crystal Feathers

Kyuhyun didn’t know why it took him so long to finally understand that having Changmin in his life was really not good.

He was so immersed in his own feelings for the elder that he became blinded; but Changmin was bad for him. Even when the younger knew that the boy cared for him, he was too dense and busy with his own social life, with his family problems, with school and with pretending that Kyuhyun hadn’t hurt him that he mistreated Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun knew it wasn’t on purpose and that’s why he kept Changmin close to him. He knew Changmin really did love his as a friend and that he was probably the closest person to him and the one he treasured the most, but he barely showed it.

It was morning and Kyuhyun sat there looking in the mirror, as he got ready for school. He was reflecting on what his life had turned out to be.

He had always been in love with the same boy, but his feelings were actually bitter, the same as with his family. He deeply loved his family, but hiding a secret from them was such a burden.

Kyuhyun got easily frustrated because his parents tried so hard to get know what happened to him, to help him, but he couldn’t tell them because it would destroy them.

And he couldn’t tell Changmin because the other would feel guilty and a part of Kyuhyun actually blamed him, so until he didn’t blame the elder he couldn’t tell him. And Changmin pushed him too much. He tried so hard to get the old Kyuhyun back, but Kyuhyun just wasn’t that guy anymore.

Then, there was Sungmin who he loved, but couldn’t actually fully trust although he really did try.  And the elder gave so much love that it became burdensome.

Finally, there were three persons he could truly trust and love without this burden on his shoulders and heart: Naeun, Heechul and Hangeng.

Kyuhyun had known Naeun for a long time and because she was a sweet and understanding girl, Kyuhyun had no problem trusting and loving her. She didn’t force him because she could feel his pain. Also, she was his confident, the person he told about his feelings for Changmin. He had seen so much of him in her that he came to love her as a sister he wanted to protect.

Then, there was Heechul. There’re no words to describe Heechul in Kyuhyun’s eyes. The elder had always been like a mother figure to him, like a brother, a cousin, a friend…a soul brother.

Heechul had been his neighbor since forever and Kyuhyun remembers his childish self wanting to always spend time with the elder without understanding that he had to study, that he had a boyfriend and chores. But Heechul never rejected the younger and always found time to play with him.

When time passed and Kyuhyun grew, their relationship also grew into a much more mature friendship.

Hangeng, his boyfriend, he met at the same time because ever since he had known Heechul, Hangeng was attached to the other. They were so cute, like his parents and Kyuhyun always looked up to them. He wanted a love like that.

Hangeng was always sweet and caring with him and he did spoil him a lot. Whenever he went to China to visit his family, he’d always bring Kyuhyun candy, toys, clothes, movies, everything.

That’s why he couldn’t wait for them to come back, because they knew his secret and because they cared more than anyone. He wanted them to get back so he could stay with them until his parents came back; so he could lay right in the middle of them as they slept just like he did so many times in the past.

When Changmin told him they were coming back, he felt guilty because he had promised them he’d move on or that he’d tell his parents. If he was still too affected when they came back, Heechul had told him he’d tell everything to his parents for his own good.

Kyuhyun was scared, because it was his secret, but now that he knew of Yunho’s brother, nothing mattered but Heechul and Hangeng and their warmth.

So he texted them asking when they’d be coming back.

He sat there still thinking.

He had slept in the guest room and Changmin hadn’t come looking for him even when the girl left.

So he texted Sungmin too asking if he’d come pick him up.

For a second, Kyuhyun thought that Changmin would be mad to see him leaving with Sungmin, but he wasn’t there when he went down for breakfast.

“Young Master has already left, but he said for you to take the driver to school,” Mrs. Kim had said, but instead of hurting him it only angered him more. Changmin was so bipolar, such a jerk. He treats him nicely when they are alone so that was enough for Kyuhyun to keep going, to keep loving him, but all he sees now is a jerk.

That day during lunch Kyuhyun decided to skip the cafeteria; he wasn’t in the mood to see the jerk. As he kept walking though the hallways he found himself in the music room and went straight to the piano, but a voice startled him as he was about to touch the keys.

“Are you already skipping lunch? It’s like the third day of school,” he turned around only to be met by the one and only Park Yoochun. He felt relieved that it was him and not someone else.

If it had been a stranger, he’d feel uncomfortable apologizing and going through introductions and if it had been a friend, it would’ve been annoying.

“It’s actually the sixth day, hyung. I thought you were good in maths,” Kyuhyun chuckled and Yoochun smiled softly.

“Are you okay?” Yoochun had asked as he sat down in front of the piano and motioned for Kyuhyun to do the same; the latter nodded.

“I heard you’re staying with Changmin, is he trating you okay?”

“He’s a jerk,” and Yoochun laughed as he agreed. His laugh was contagious and Kyuhyun couldn’t help but smile.

“This is my secret hideout, but I’ll share it with you because I know evil Changmin can drive anyone crazy.”

Naeun was looking for Kyuhyun because she was somewhat worried about him. He hadn’t said much throughout the day and she just wanted to check up on him.

She walked through the corridors and was surprised when she saw a figure peering through the door of the music room. She was even more surprised when she saw it was Changmin.

“Oppa,” she whispered beside him and he let go of the door as he jumped and looked at her wide-eyed.

“What are you doing here?”

“I was about to ask you the same,” she smiled cheekily and he softened his expression at her as he shrugged.

“Nothing much,” but Naeun didn’t believe him so she pushed the door a little to see Kyuhyun talking to Yoochun and she smiled knowingly.

“Are you worried about him too?” She asked, but he only gave her a confused look, “I mean since Victoria slapped him the other day.”

His expression changed drastically as his face hardened and his knuckles turned white as he closed his fists, “What?”

His anger was visible through his face and Naeun only feigned innocence as she said, “You didn’t know?”

He didn’t need to ask her why did Victoria slap him so he only turned and left and as Naeun watch him go she felt a little guilty about telling him because Kyuhyun wouldn’t have liked it, but you can’t blame a girl for wanting to see Changmin protect Kyuhyun. Because she knew he cared for Kyuhyun as much as Kyuhyun cared for him.

After lunch, Naeun and Kyuhyun found themselves in Art again. They enjoyed the class and specially the presence of Jaejoong.

Jaejoong was a junior, as they discovered and Sungmin said the elder was actually really nice and intelligent. The three of them sat together during this period and found that they had many things in common.

For some reason, Kyuhyun liked the elder a lot and could see himself being friends with him easily. He reminded him of Heechul.

He had received a text earlier from the latter that notified him he’d arrive on Friday and had already asked if he could stay with them for some days to which Heechul had answered with a ‘no’ so he asked Hangeng and got a ‘sure.’

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN// OMG I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG. I've been really busy and honestly I didn't feel like my stories were good enough and I don't know. I think I didn't find inspiration to continue, but since I do know how I want them to end I need to finish them no matter how long it takes me.

ANYWAYS, I'M SORRY because I know this totally , but I just wanted to post something so excuse me because I know it's terrible.