Chapter 2: New bonds to last forever?

Crystal Feathers

 

    The first day of school went really fast for Kyuhyun. He spent his day with his homeroom classmates introducing each other and meeting their teachers, which were all tolerable except for some girls who seemed like es. Although he thought he wouldn’t make acquaintances because Sungmin was a year older, he was proved wrong. Ryeowook and NaEun, his friends from school were in the same room as him and he also met two other guys named Henry and TaeMin, which were really nice.  So, when lunch time came he sat with the four of them and Sungmin joined later, they were all getting to know each other, exchanging phone numbers and joking around.

“So you all come from the same school?”- Henry asked.

“Yep, Taemin and you come from the same school?”- replied Ryeowook.

“Yeah, by the way, does NaEun have a boyfriend?”

“No, why?”

“Oh, I think TaeMin likes her, he kept saying she was sooo pretty.”- He said batting his eyelashes.

“Really? NaEun has never had a boyfriend; he should ask her out some day.”

“But he is so damn shy!-”- Their talk was interrupted by someone clearing his throat. Henry and Ryowook turned around to be faced by a histerical Kyuhyun laughing too loud, a disapproving looking Sungmin, a blushing NaEun and TaeMin who was banging his head on the table.

“Guys, we are still here.”- TaeMin said without looking up.

“Oh, we know. We are clearly ignoring the fact.”- Answered Ryeowook while shoving a chip in his mouth.

“Stop it guys, you’re making TaeMin look like an idiot in front of his crush, right Tae?”- Said Kyuhyun innocently, well, if his tone weren’t mocking then yes, it might have been an innocent comment, but it was. TaeMin blushed furiously.

“Are you gay?”- Asked TaeMin.

“Why would you ask?”

“I don’t know, Sungmin and you are too pretty for a guy.”

“And that would make US gay? Then what about you?”

“I’m not. Are you guys?”

“I’ve just liked one person my entire life, I don’t know what that makes me though.”

“Me too.”- Sungmin added blushing.

“Is it a guy? Is it like, each other, do you like each other?”- Henry butted in.

“Wh..Whaat?”- Sungmin squeaked.

“No.”-Kyuhyun said and before anyone could say anything else, the cafeteria erupted in screams. All of them turned around except for Sungmin, and so nobody noticed his hurt expression. He always knew, but each time he had to face his love was one sided, hurt.

            Three handsome senior boys walked into the cafeteria: Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun and Shim Changmin, the school’s most popular and hot guys. They were smart, they were rich, y and certificated players, and everyone wanted a piece of them.

“Are they like the popular jerks of the school?”- Asked Henry.

“Actually yes, they are the popular jerks.”- Sungmin said with venom laced in his voice.

Kyuhyun stood up, threw his food in the garbage can and headed out.

“Okay, what was that all about?”

            Kyuhyun walked and walked, actually wondered around school until he reached the gates. Couldn’t he stop this?

 

‘You have to overcome this Cho Kyuhyun, you have to.’

 

    He actually likes Yoochun, in fact he thought of him as one of his favorite hyungs…Yunho on the other hand he couldn’t stand. Just being in the same room as him was asphyxiating. His chest hurt as if it was burning and he had to breathe in and out to calm down and stop thinking or he will explode. Thank God it was the first day and they were free to leave after lunch since they were just introducing each other and doing nothing.

Breath in and out, in and out, in and out, in-

    One he reached his home, the boy went straight to the bathroom and locked the door, falling into the floor, knees pressed against his chest, tears running frantically down his cheeks. He kept rocking his body back and forth, occasionally banging his head on the wall. The same repeated for an hour when his parents came back home after receiving a call their son’s driver. They knocked on the bathroom door desperately.

     After receiving a call from their young driver, they knew what had happened and rushed home, it wasn’t the first time this happened or the fifth, but it hadn’t happened in four months and that worried them even more.

“Changmin, can you come to our house, it’s Kyuhyun.”- His father called Changmin, Kyuhyun didn’t hear, he couldn’t hear anything because he was drowning in his own feelings.

 

            An hour, two hours, and three hours not that he was aware of the time, but he knew for a fact: Changmin never took so long and that fact alone broke him more. He left him....again. 

Changmin had more important matters to attend to than his pathetic self and maybe it was the right thing to do.

    When Changmin finally opened the door to the bathroom with its key he was greeted by the figure of a trembling boy curling on the floor. The taller boy didn’t like the view at all, in fact he hated it more than anything else in the whole world. The older crouched before Kyuhyun gently massaging his back and whispering: ‘It’s okay, I’m here now. Whatever you’re thinking it’s in your mind, everything is okay. Kyu, you can breathe come on.’ in a very soothing manner. The younger boy, cuddled up to him calming himself and when he finally looked into Changmin’s eyes, he was finally able to breathe.

 

There it was, that consuming feeling. It felt as if he was burning from the inside out and there was nothing left, but that feeling. That was a beautiful feeling.

 

    After some minutes, Changmin whipped the shorter boy’s tears and helped him to his bed. For years now, two years to be exact, he had been doing the same thing and it broke his heart a little more every time. He wanted to know what was tormenting the boy, but he refused to tell him or anyone and what confused him the most was the fact that nobody could calm him down but him. His best friend had changed so much and Changmin felt useless and insensible because he didn’t get it nor could he do anything about it. Honestly, he was getting tired and he just snapped.

 

“Why are you behaving like this Cho Kyuhyun? It’s the first day of school and you’re already like this? What’s wrong with you? Do you need that much attention you can’t stop being so immature for once? Don’t you realize? You were crying for hours, what if I hadn’t come? What if I had more important things to do? Huh!?”-Changmin was panting and he was so, so mad, but Kyuhyun just stared at him blankly and the older couldn’t take it anymore so he left slamming the door on his way out.

 

That’s when Kyu broke.

 

 

 

‘One second thought, Changmin behaves the way he does because he is a jerk, or maybe I really am a burden.’ with that thought in mind, he fell asleep.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

I know, it , but I'm trying :$$ 

Comments will be appreciated.