Chapter 3: Night Out

Crystal Feathers

 

            It was already Friday, on his way out of the house Kyuhyun heard his parents talking about leaving for a business trip and something about not knowing where they’d leave him. He wasn’t really interested and he figured his parents would tell him later so he just left for school. The night before had been horrible, the boy cried his eyes until there were no tears left and with the tightening in his chest he had gone to sleep. This morning he awoke with no feelings, he was suppressing everything because if he thought about the events of the night before, he would have gone crazy.

            First class was math, the young boy loved math and the feeling of knowing and dominating it. Since it was just the second day of school, the teacher was giving an introduction on what they were supposed to know, which Kyuhyun did know so there were no problems. He spent the entire class looking out the window and ignoring his surroundings, that is because none of his friends were in that class. When second period came, he got to see Ryeowook and Henry in Science.

Why couldn’t they sit together? Not with me in the middle.

Science was a complete different story. Henry and Ryeowook were talking the entire class and really, it wouldn’t have been a problem if Kyuhyun hadn’t been in the middle. The latter was really annoyed, but decided to ignore them, that is until they decided he should be included in their conversation.

“Hey Kyu, let’s go to the movies tonight. All of us.”- Ryeowook proposed.

“Please, invite Sungmin hyung and NaEun. Oh! Maybe we can make Taemin and Naeun sit together and and and we could watch a horror movie so they’d cuddle and maybe something will happen.”- Henry started fanboying or actually fangirling with all the squealing and weird poses he was making together with Ryeowook.

“You do realize they just met? They’ll work it out themselves if they do like each other.”

“Cho, you make it sound as if we are the evil ones in this friendship.”-Ryeowook said accusingly.

“Oh, you’re my friends? Didn’t know. I’m not evil. Heechul is evil, I’m just the apprentice.”

“Yeah yeah whatever, are we going or not?”- Henry asked annoyed since he didn’t know what they were talking about.

“Of course we will, all of us.”- Wookie answered for Kyuhyun and the latter just groaned in resignation, after all, it might be helpful if he went out that night.

At lunch, everything was settled and Kyuhyun’s chauffer was taking them since his parents didn’t want wandering alone at night, not after his breakdown the night before. They’d go to their houses respectively and then Kyuhyun’s driver would pick them up and leave them at their houses once they were out.

            Sungmin and Naeun were as excited as Ryeowook and Henry and Taemin,well, he knew what Henry was trying to do and so he could sympathize with Kyu. The boy did not see Changmin at school that day nor did he see Yoochun or Yunho, and Kyuhyun was glad, relieved because the last thing he wanted was to see them. Not when he felt as a burden to everyone, that’s why he agreed to go to the movies. His parents wouldn’t be worried about him closing up to the world, his friends wouldn’t have to worry by thinking he wasn’t alright and Changmin wouldn’t see him as a weak little attention .

            So there he was, looking through his closet looking for something to wear. After fifteen minutes of failure, the boy decided he didn’t care and just picked a pair of skinny jeans and a blue t-shirt.  He wasn’t one to dress up, not anymore; Kyuhyun picked up his big glasses, put them on and ran down the stairs without even looking in the mirror.

            They picked Sungmin first since he lived nearest to Kyuhyun, the older boy was already waiting outside his house in a pink t-shirt with a blue bunny on it and white skinny jeans. He rushed into the ‘car’ and hugged Kyu once inside.

“I was meaning to ask all day: are you okay? Did something happen to you? Today you looked like crap, did you cry yesterday? Was it because of Changmin?”- He was panting by the end and looked at Kyu with big unsettled eyes.

“Yah! Hyung, don’t worry, I’m okay and nothing happened. Yesterday I stayed awake all night playing games and then woke up feeling like , so yeah, that’s it.”

“Are you sure? It had nothing to do with Changmin?”- He insisted worriedly and Kyuhyun was getting kind of mad. Why did Sungmin have to blame everything on Changmin? He wasn’t to blame and Sungmin knew nothing to be accusing Changmin. Yes, he cried because of Changmin, because he loves him, but Changmin does not know, not about his love and not about what happened. Ugh, Changmin was perfect, what was Sungmin’s problem? Yeah, he was an and a jerk, but, he was his Chwang.

“Sungmin, just stop it. I said nothing happened.”

            The rest of the drive was spent in silence until they reached Naeun’s house. The beautiful girl and maknae of the group was so beautiful and innocent. Kyuhyun felt the need to protect her always and forever from anyone and anything, because of her naïve personality, she remembered him of himself two years ago. She kissed Sungmin’s and Kyuhyun’s cheek and slipped in the sit besides Kyuhyun, stealing glances at both boys who seemed to have had an argument. She did not dare to say a word, but she noticed the blank expression in Kyuhyun’s eyes and the hurt one in Sungmin’s. The girl knew what they did not, what they were trying so hard to hide. The older had liked the taller boy since they were kids and all that time Kyuhyun only had eyes for a certain even taller and older boy. Although she wanted the best for Sungmin, for him to find happiness, she thought Changmin was the best for Kyuhyun… or the worst and she believed Kyuhyun was like the sunrise in Changmin’s life. She loved the three of them, after all, they grew up together, she had learned to read them and noticed how Changmin did really care for Kyu, but in the last two years, things had changed and the older between them wasn’t noticing how that blank expression was making itself permanent in their Kyu’s once beautiful face.

 

The sunrise marks a new beginning, it means life, you think it’s beautiful, but with time you take the light for granted and stop noticing its presence.

 

            The atmosphere absolutely changed when Ryeowook, Henry and Taemin hopped into the car, loud chattering was heard all around and Kyuhyun had no other option but join, not to make the others question him. Once they reached the theater, the dilemma began, some wanted to watch comedy, others action and then the majority voted for horror. After ten minutes of whining, horror won, so they bought the tickets and went to buy popcorn.

“Oppas, Kyuhyun oppa and I will get seats while you buy popcorn, okay?”- Naeun smiled cutely before dragging Kyu with her, not waiting for the other boys to respond.

“Why?”- questioned Kyuhyun.

“Oppa, are you okay?”

“Yeah, why do you ask?”- Answered Kyuhyun once they sat down, he was uncomfortable feeling like Naeun knew something.

“You like him right?”

“Why would you think so?”

“Oppa, you don’t have to be that person with me.”

“Yes. Yes, I like him.”

“It’s okay oppa.”

            They talked while staring at the screen, never looking at each other’s eyes. The boys came back holding many bags of popcorn, maybe more than needed. Sungmin sat the other side of Kyuhyun and Henry and Ryeowook quickly sat down together leaving a sit between them and Naeun which Taemin had to take in order not to seem rude.

 

Some friendships are really dangerous; take Henry and Ryeowook for example. Gotta look out for them.

 

            Everyone was scared of the movie, two brats were screaming and hiding in each others embrace, Taemin was gulping every time something happened trying to look like a real man in front of Naeun who kept putting her hands on her eyes to cover herself whenever something happened, and Sungmin, well, he grabbed Kyu’s hand without noticing, Kyu being the only one enjoying the movie actually. When Sungmin grabbed his hand, he didn’t think much of it, after all they were friends, but to Sungmin, once he realized he was holding on to the younger’s hand, he felt butterflies in his stomach and wished the moment would last forever. His face was slightly pink and a smile made its way to his face.

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t trying to pull his hand from his grasp; instead he began rubbing circles on it. Maybe someday he’d noticed Sungmin.

 

That’s what the older thought, what he hoped for.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the update, it , I know. I just wanted to update since it was my only free time in the week. I want to make Changkyu interactions already, but I think its important first for you to know about the characters, make it light before the drama begins and a bit of Kyuhyun, his story will be revealed later and Changmin will come into the picture in chapter 5 I think xD

 

THANK YOU for subscribing (: and commenting. It made me so happy!

Please feel free to comment and tell me how you feel about the story, you can make suggestions and give me advice, I will be really happy to hear your thoughts.