Staying with who?

Crystal Feathers

The raven haired boy stretched his body and then sank a little bit more into pillow, rubbing his head against the fabric, not bothering to actually open his eyes. “Yah! I don’t have all day, wake up or you’ll be late for school. I’ll wait downstairs and grab something to eat.” A voice startled Kyuhyun from his happy dreams. It couldn’t be, he froze on his bed and waited till he heard the door clip shut to open his eyes. His hand instantly went to his chest, which was beating rapidly, too quickly.

Am I dreaming? He pinched his cheeks only to gasp because it did hurt. “Omo omo! Why is hehere? Did he see me? Aish. Stupid, stupid, stupid!” The poor boy face palmed over and over again feeling his cheeks heat up. Deciding it was best to get ready, Kyuhyun jumped off bed with a stupid grin on his face because, well, Changmin was there to pick him up for school and that ladies and gentlemen did not happen every day. Quickly, the boy took a short shower, put on his uniform messily and put on his glasses rushing downstairs. Once in front the kitchen, the boy slowed his steps and

entered with a calm and collected face (NOT). Upon entering, he was greeted by the sight of Changmin devouring an enormous amount of pancakes. When the older noticed Kyuhyun’s presence in the room, he turned to the boy and he talked with his mouth stuffed, pieces of pancakes flaying across the table. “Hurry up and eat, there’s pancakes left, I think.” He said looking at his plate sheepishly.

There were pancakes left, if one counted as left. Kyuhyun felt happy, it has been way too long since the older cooked for him and he enjoyed watching the other eat as if there was no tomorrow. So after eating their breakfast they were ready to go, school started at 7:30 and it was still seven so even if Kyuhyun left everyday at this time, he thought Changmin would bring him later since the taller was always late.

“Come on, you’ll be late. Let’s go and after school we’ll come back here to get your things.”

Kyuhyun’s thoughts came to a halt. “Wait, I’m staying with you?” He asked surprised, his eyes getting wide.

“No Sherlok, why am I here? Didn’t your parents tell you?” Changmin asked looking at Kyuhyun boredly. “Ah, they must’ve told me and I forgot. Hehe.” Answered the younger rubbing the back of his neck, to which Changmin smiled and ruffled the boy’s hair. “Aish, so forgetful.”

The both of them hopped in Changmin’s black sports car and drove towards the school, the entire drive was silent except for the radio. Once they reached their destination, the boy parked and instructed Kyuhyun to come directly to the car once school finished.

“Como straight here, we have to take all your belongings and my parents aren’t home so maybe we should eat out tonight. I really don’t want to cook, you should learn Cho.”

“Yah yah! I do know!” To this Changmin gave an are you serious boy? You almost burned your house, but you know how to cook? “Yah, Shim are you giving me a disapproving look right know? Do you- Wait, did you just say your parents aren’t home?” His heart was beating fast with the exhilarating and maybe crazy idea of being alone with Changmin in the longest time ever. He imagined staying in the other’s room till late, sometimes sleeping in the same bed, playing video games with him, watching movies…

“When are they ever?” The older boy answered looking out his window.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make you company!” Kyuhyun open the door and kissed Changmin’s cheek before running off to school without looking back, blushing furiously.

_________________________________________________________________________

“Aish, this kid…” Changmin said while his hand unconsciously touched his right cheek. The next ten minutes he spent in his car listening to soft music until someone knocked on his window. “It’s already 7:28, come on.”

“It’s not 7:31, go on, I’ll catch up with you two in five minutes.”

“Changmin, the teachers will keep calling your parents and giving you detention maybe, just come one, it’s our last year.” The boy just sighed looking at his friends Yunho and Yoochun, they still didn’t get it. The tall boy simply turned off the car and started walking with both boys, but once they were already late when they got to the gates so they received a mini speech and a threat to call their parents. “Changmin, I told you, you shouldn’t do this, now we’re all in trouble and I don’t understand, you get here earlier than us, but just wait in your car, seriously.” Yunho said frustrated since it was the first time he was late to school and his parents would give him hell for it.

“I didn’t tell you guys to wait for me.”

What they didn’t know was that there was someone who heard them and in a whisper answered Yunho’s question. “It’s because he thinks his parents will notice him that way.” And leaving that words hanging in the air to reach maybe no one ever, he walked to his classroom.

At lunch Kyuhyun sat as it seemed he would for the rest of the year, with Sungmin, Henry, Ryeowook, Taemin and Naeun.

“Kyu, did your parents leave already?” The cute bunny asked the younger once the rest were distracted talking about the awful choice in clothes of their Science professor. The boy nodded in response. “They left really early.”

“Where are you staying or are you staying alone in your house?” To this, the boy didn’t know how to answer since he knew Sungmin wasn’t a fan of Changmin and he didn’t want to hurt the other one seeing him happy to be staying at the other’s house. Rubbing the back of his neck he answered: “Oh, I’m staying with someone, but I still don’t know who, my parents didn’t tell me.” He laughed nervously as he lied, but the other just smiled at him, eyes disappearing. “Okay, but if you don’t who you are staying with, then you can always stay with me, okay?”

The rest of the day Kyuhyun kept thinking about Changmin, and being alone with Changmin and eating with Changmin and sleeping with Changmin and Changmin hugging him and….well, you know, just thinking about Changmin. Although he was happy, there was still a feeling on uneasiness lingering in the back of his mind. There was something that didn’t feel right, but he didn’t know what it was.

When the bell rang, the excited boy was the first out of his seat and in less than two minutes he was already by Changmin’s car. Three minutes later he saw the boy he liked walking in his direction running away from his fan girls that were following him. “Let’s get out of here!!” Like the drive to school, the drive home was silent, but it was comfortable, upon reaching Changmin’s house, they walked to Kyu’s, which was right beside the other. “You have everything packed?”

“Yeah, I already have everything; just help me with my bags.” Both boys carried everything to the older’s house. “You still have this?” Kyuhyun looked back to see what the taller was referring to and felt his cheek turn bright red once his gaze fell upon the object, a fluffy, ugly, green frog plushie. “Well, well…you know.. I…aish, just give it back.” And so the battle started, Changmin used his height to his advantage and held the green plushie high so Kyuhyun couldn’t reach it. “Bastard, give it to me!”

“But I thought you hated frogs, do you like this one?”

“Of course I don’t! I hate it just as much as I hate you!”

“Shut up, .” Kyuhyun jumped once again in an attempt to reach the plushie that Changmin had given him for his 13th birthday since the latter knew Kyuhyun hated them, and the boy kept it and slept every night with it in his arms. It was one of the last good memories he had with the stupid giant. In his attempt to reach it, he tripped and before falling to the floor, he grabbed the first thing near him, Changmins arm.

Both boys fell to the floor, Changmin on top of the younger. “But I thought you liked him as much as you like me.” The handsome boy whispered in Kyuhyun’s ear lifting his gaze and looking directly into Kyuhyu’s eyes through the boy’s glasses. In that moment, Kyuhyun’s heart stopped as Changmin’s face came closer to his. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter , I know, I just wanted to update :// I'll try to do better next time. 

Thank you for reading, subscribing and most of all, your comments, they make me really happy! <3