Chapter 8: Heartbreak

Crystal Feathers

Kyuhyun sighed as he made his way towards Changmin’s house. He knew how wrong it all was and how unfair it was to ask Sungmin that favor.

The elder had always been a good friend to him, but he could never repay him. Instead, here he was asking him to pretend to be his boyfriend.

“, what if he likes someone and that someone thinks he’s in love with me?” Kyuhyun groaned as he stood in front of his best friend’s house.

The fifteen year old had to knock on the door since Changmin hadn’t given him his own keys.

Mrs. Kim, a maid, opened the door and the boy could see relief wash over her face. “Oh, hi Young Master.”

Kyuhyun replied gently and then proceeded to his Changmin’s room in order to let him know he had come home.

Howver, upon reaching the room, he saw no one there.

On the other hand, Changmin was still waiting at school when Yunho finally decided to come out. “Where were you, dude? I was dying here.”

Yunho only looked at him and shrugged, “It doesn’t matter, let’s go. You are hungry, right?”

Changmin was about to nod when his phone rang. He frowned once he noticed it was a call from his own house, but he answered nonetheless.

“Hello?” He said still frowning.

“Young Master has come home,” said someone who he could recognize as Mrs. Kim. Changmin was still confused when he finally understood and his expression morphed into a dark one.

“Is he okay?” He asked on reflex. “Yes, Master.”

“Okay, I’ll be there soon. Don’t tell him anything.” Changmin said at last and then hung up.

“Were you talking about the nerd?” Yunho asked smirking at his friend. “Don’t call him that, Yunho.”

“Hey,” Yunho said in mock offense, “the brat hates me and makes it clear, but I can’t call him nerd?” He continued smirking, “I call you a nerd and well, he is a nerd too.”

“Whatever, dude, I’m leaving,” The taller said as he fished his car keys from his pockets.

“Okay, see you,” Yunho said imitating his moves as he walked towards his own car. But before reaching it he stopped, “I forgot to tell you, my brother’s coming back; he’s getting married.”

“Hmm, cool. You have to send me an invitation,” were Changmin’s last words as he finally reached his car.

Once the senior reached his house, he wondered how would he scold Kyuhyun or if he even had the right to do so. Sighing, he walked towards his room.

Upon reaching his room, he saw the door slightly ajar and a figure on his bed. He opened it and a sight he hadn’t expected in a million years greeted him.

Kyuhyun, his Kyuhyun, was lying on his bed with the frog plushie close to his chest and his glasses seemed to have fallen. The most breathtaking creature was lying before Changmin;s eyes and he suddenly had no idea what to do. His heart was beating rapidly and his breath caught in his throat.

But nothing else happened.

He just walked away.

“Mrs. Kim,” Changmin said entering the kitchen and seeing the maid, “please wake up Kyuhyun and tell him to come and eat with me.”

He knew, Changmin knew for a fact, that Kyuhyun didn’t want to show him his face. For the moment, he too wanted to keep the younger’s face hidden from himself because he didn’t know what to do with it.

-

Kyuhyun woke up to Mrs. Kim’s surprised face. “Young Master, it’s been a long time since I last saw your beautiful face,” she said sweetly.

Kyuhyun quickly touched his face only to realize his glasses were not there. “Here,” the maid handed them to him, “Young Master has come home and wished to eat dinner with you.”

The maid said and left quickly. Kyuhyun only sighed in relief as he thanked God that it was her and not Changmin who had come to wake him up.

However, he was still scared of Changmin and felt guilty for ignoring him.

-

“Oh, here you are!” Changmin’s sarcastic words received him as he entered the dining room.

“Would you be so kind as to tell me where the were you?”

“I’m sorry Changmin,” the younger boy said as he sat in front of the taller male, “I was with Sungmin and the others and lost track of time.”

“Bull,” Changmin said and Kyuhyun flinched from his chair, “but okay, let’s go with that. I’m hungry so let’s just eat.”

And so they did and slowly the atmosphere calmed down between both boys. “Oh, by the way,” Changmin said as he stuffed his mouth with food, “Yunho’s brother is coming back cause he’s marrying someone or whatever, you remember him?”

Kyuhyun’s face instantly and visibly paled. “Kyu, are you okay?”

“Hmm? Yeah, I’m okay, I’m just-” He didn’t get to finish his sentence as he ran towards the bathroom and Changmin jerked from his seat worried.

He followed the raved haired boy to the bathroom just in time to see him pouring his dinner on the toilet, but he made no attempt to move forward. He was in shock.

Kyuhyun glanced up with tears in his eyes and made an attempt at closing the door, however, Changmin had enough time to react and stop him. “”Kyu, are you okay?”

His only answer was a choking sound and Kyuhyun was gasping for air as tears streamed down his pretty face. The boy started sobbing uncontrollably and Changmin took the boy in his own arms tightening his grip around him.

“It’s okay, it’s okay. Kyuhyun, look at me. Don’t give in, you can handle this. Come on, it hasn’t been a week since your last breakdown.” Changmin tried desperately, “Kyuhyun, please, talk to me. This is not normal please, you are scaring me!”

“C-call Heechul hyung,” the younger said between sobs, “please.”

Immediately, Changmin produced his phone from his pocket and dialed Heechul’s number.

“Yellow?” The diva’s voice answered through the phone. “Heechul, Kyuhyun is having a breakdown; he wants to talk with you.”

“Hand him the phone and leave him alone,” Heechul’s tone dropped drastically and instantly became serious. On the other hand, Changmin complied, at another time he might have complained but not at this time. He had never seen Kyuhyun like that, at the start of a breakdown.

So he left Kyuhyun with the phone in hand.

“Hyung, he will be back.”

-

When Kyuhyun came back to Changmin, it was late. His face was not accompanied by his glasses and his eyelashes were sticking together. His cheeks were rosy as well as his nose and he looked beautifully broken.

The boy stepped into Changmin’s room and sat on his bed besides the elder. “This is why you shouldn’t see this face. It only know how to cry.” Kyuhyun said plainly and not looking at the elder.

“That’s not true.” The taller said and wrapped his arms around the beautiful boy, who fell asleep to the beat of Changmin’s heart.

-

The next morning Changmin was a mess. He hadn’t slept well thinking about Kyuhyun’s breakdowns and the reason behind them, but no matter how hard he tried, he could never reach the bottom of it.

At school he couldn’t concentrate and at lunch he couldn’t take his eyes off the younger who was busy laughing with his friends.

-

“So, you are telling me that you two are now together?” Henry asked wide eyed.

“Yep,” Kyuhyun replied shrugging as he kept eating his fries.

“Ha! I knew it!” Taemin yelled throwing his hands in the air. “Told you you were too pretty to be straight.”

“Taemin, you are prettier so shut it. Your argument is invalid.”

Victoria smirked as she heard Kyuhyun confirm his relationship with Sungmin and then proceeded to Changmin’s table. There sat Yunho, Yoochun, Krystal, Luna and Sulli.

Upon reaching the table she noticed that Changmin’s attention was on the nerd so she smirked and decided to have some fun.

“Oppa,” she said only to receive an ‘mhm?’ as answer, “did you know that Kyuhyun and Sungmin are boyfriends?”

“What?” He slowly turned his gaze towards Victoria seeing her nod and point back at their table. There Changmin saw Kyuhyun’s and Sungmin’s intertwined hands.

“Good for them,” he muttered  and stuffed his mouth with a bunch of fries. Victoria smirked as she saw Changmin’s reaction.

She didn’t know why she worried. Changmin was straight.

Yoochun and Naeun shook their heads disapprovingly at their own friends.

-

That evening, Sungmin brings Kyuhyun to the younger’s house still not knowing where the boy is staying. For that reason, he decides to drop him off and hide somewhere near so he can see the person he is staying with although he suspects that the boy might be staying alone.

However, he only stays there to get heartbroken when he witnesses Kyuhyun crossing the road and entering Changmin’s house. He catches a glimpse of the younger removing his glasses before knocking at the door, although he can’t see his face and it hurts because he hasn’t seen it in so long.

He knows Kyuhyun likes the elder and he knows the elder is also the reason behind their pretend relationship, but it still hurts.

-

Kyuhyun enters the house and goes straight to Changmin’s room but upon hearing sounds coming from the room, he stops and peeks.

He knows he was signing up for heartbreak when he decided to love Changmin, when he tied himself to the elder. But it still hurt.

Changmin was moves his hips sinfully synchronized with the blond in his bed and he knows he is writing heartbreak somewhere in his skin. But it hurts and he doesn’t understand.

 

Changmin stared at the ceiling and then at the blond laying on his bed and back at the ceiling.

 

Kyuhyun put on his big glasses and his computer while staring out the window on the visit’s room.

 

And for the hundredth time, they both wondered...Just what the am I doing?

 

Sungmin stands in front of Kyu’s house and he can only ask himself the same.


AN// Hi guys, I know it's been a really long time since I last updated this fic. I'm deeply sorry, but I have been really busy :/

Anyways, here's an update and I know it's super crappy, but you know...

Thank you for reading and supporting and please comment! PLEASE PLEASE xD 

 

Oh, also, please support my new fics! They are exo fics...........pretty please with Changkyu on top! 

Isochronous him (Kaisoo main)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/749966/isochronous-him-angst-romance-kai-taekai-kyungsoo-kaisoo

The Misconceptions of Us 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/808824/the-misconceptions-of-us-hunhan-kray-taoris-kaisoo-xiuhan-taohun-suchen