Chapter 7: Myungsoo is busy

After Happy-ever-after

Hey guys, thanks for your understanding! Here's a new chapter for you, and I promise I won't abandon this fic, and I'll make sure to finish it :)

tumblr_mr33ikWkvl1rgiy88o1_500.gif

 

"Urgh." Sungyeol's right hand clutched his head, and his left hand went down to his tummy. 

"Still feeling woozy?" Myungsoo glanced over at him from where he sat in the car. He checked that there was a plastic bag handy. 

"Woozy's an understatement." Sungyeol made another pained noise. "I feel worse than crappy."

"Almost home!" Their manager shouted over his shoulder. All they'd told him was that Sungyeol hadn't felt so well, and had camped out in the toilet for a while, where he was joined by the members who'd gone off to find him. It wasn't very hard to make the manager believe their half-truth. Sungyeol still didn't really look his usual self. 

"There!" The manager pulled up at the parking lot, then glanced down and switched off his handphone he usually only used for work, that had been mysteriously buzzing away the whole day. Sungjong looked at it amusedly, and the rest of the group had a feeling he had something to do with it. 

Once the car had stopped moving, Sungyeol flung open the car door and ran dramatically up the steps to their dorm. It was the fastest Myungsoo had ever seen Sungyeol run. Sungyeol had never run faster than him before. 

The infinite members skidded to a collective halt outside their bathroom door, some of them crashing into each other, with some toe-crushing going on. They peered in. Sungyeol was hunched over the toilet bowl, breathing heavily, fringe sticking to his sweaty forehead. His expression said all. 

Myungsoo balled his hand into a fist as he thought of the manic fan again. 

"That bastard. That ing bastard, wait till I get my hands on hi--"

"Hoya, Dongwoo, heat up some water and give a cup to Sungyeol. Woohyun, get Sungyeol a towel." Sunggyu cut Myungsoo short. He knew what to do, and violence wasn't anywhere on the list of things to do to make Sungyeol more comfortable. The two remaining members stood around waiting. Sungjong looked at Sunggyu imploringly. "You can uhh..." Sunggyu paused for a while, trying to come up with something, "...hold his hand." 

Myungsoo cleared his throat. Sunggyu rolled his eyes impatiently.

"Sungyeol has two hands, doesn't he?"

Myungsoo shuffled into the toilet with Sunjong, and took Sungyeol's right hand, gently prying the fingers out of their death-grip on the toilet bowl. Myungsoo wrapped his palms around the familiar, long fingers. They were cold and clammy, and he tried to warm them up between his own hands. 

"Here." Sunggyu the towel at Myungsoo. "Sponge away his sweat. I've got some things to see to."

Sunggyu raced to the front door of their dorm to meet their manager who was hovering around the door, keen to leave, but also feeling the responsibility of looking after an idol group with an ill member. 

"Sungyeol's gonna be fine." Sunggyu told him (he'd asked the fan before, and the drugs weren't lethal, and they left the body once they were flushed out from uh...either end).

Their manager relaxed visibly. 

"I've been thinking," Sunggyu bit his lip, wondering how to phrase his request so that it sounded so reasonable that their manager had no choice but to agree to it. "Everyone's tired, and frazzled, and I think we need a break. Just a small one--like a day trip somewhere... We'll be able to focus on work better afterwards I think..." Sunggyu trailed off and watched the manager warily.

The older man his chin thoughtfully, scrolling through his handphone where Sunggyu knew he took down each member's schedules.

"Somewhere fun like the amusement park?" The manager finally spoke. "None of you have any filming to get done tomorrow." Sunggyu's eyes widened. This was amazing. Not only did the guy not reject his request, but was adding on to it. Sunggyu smiled his gratitude. 

"Yeah, somewhere like that." Sunggyu said, "I'll ask the members?"

The manager edged towards the door again. He'd started dating recently and Sunggyu knew he was itching to get back to his girlfriend. 

"It's fine, Sungyeol's going to be alright." Sunggyu repeated himself. 

The manager hesitated, then left looking apologetically over his shoulder, almost getting knocked down by oncoming traffic while making his way towards the car. Sunggyu closed the door with a relieved sigh. When he returned to s, Sungyeol was sitting up, and looking considerably better, and Myungsoo was wiping his mouth free of puke. Sunggyu made a mental note not to use the towel ever again. 

"I have some news for you." Sunggyu stood in the doorway, hands crossed over his chest. The members looked wary. "We have the day off tomorrow. Let's go somewhere fun!"

The members looked at him as if he'd grown two heads. And then the news sank in and Sungyeol leapt up (a little too quickly. Myungsoo had to rush to support him as he swayed about). 

"Wait." Sungyeol croaked, voice deep and husky from retching, "Really?"

Sunggyu gave a sudden smile. "Amusement park? How about we visit the amusement park for a day?"

The response was overwhelming.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sungyeol lay on his back in the darkness, staring at the ceiling. A rustle of blankets on the other side of the room. Myungsoo was still awake. 

"Myungsoo?" Sungyeol tried. He hated how his voice still sounded strange and croaky. 

"Yeah?" The boy was by his side in a flash. "Are you alright? You need some water? There's a flask of warm water on the bedside table..."

Sungyeol smiled at the gloom in the direction Myungsoo's worried voice came from. 

"I'm fine." And then he reached out and tugged on Myungsoo's sleeve. "Could you sleep with me tonight?"

Sleep. With. Me. The words hit his crotch one by one. And then Myungsoo realised that Sungyeol literally meant them, so he lifted the covers and sat next to Sungyeol's pillow, leaning against the headboard. Myungsoo didn't want to lie down--he'd fall asleep and he still had some things to get done. He felt Sungyeol's arms come sneaking around his waist and smiled a little, them, then linking their fingers together. 

He waited till Sungyeol's breathing became deep and even, and his arms became slack, and he was sure the boy was fast asleep before he gently unlinked their hands, getting out of bed slowly. He shuffled over to the small desk in their room, flipped open the notebook, and started writing, battling an oncoming headache with fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Myungsoo tumbled into bed at around 1 am. He was woken up by his bedroom door being thrown open, and a manager shaking him awake. 

"Wha...?" Myungsoo tried to burrow into his covers sleepily again. "Whassa time?"

"Get up!" The manager was frantic. "I checked the wrong day of your schedule yesterday. You have filming to get done! Get up, get dressed quickly. We're late."

And then he shut the door, and started banging around in the kitchen, making breakfast for Myungsoo, the sound of clinking crockery waking the rest of the house up. 

"You have to go?" Sungyeol's hand had a grip on his shirt, as if trying to hold him back. Myungsoo looked at him apologetically. Sungyeol had been so excited for them to visit the amusement park together, in disguise to top it off. 

"You're leaving?" The rest of the members shuffled out of their rooms one by one, and gathered at the front door, where the manager and Sungyeol were occupied in a tug-of-myungsoo's-shirt-war. They looked just as deflated as Sungyeol. Myungsoo only felt worse. He tried to smile, hoping that it would be contagious, hoping that it would make things better. 

It didn't really, but it made it easier for Myungsoo to be dragged off by the manager, and shout "I'll only be back this evening, so you guys go ahead to the amusement park without me! It's fine, it's fine!" as cheerily, and as offhandedly (and hopefully persuasively) as possible. He turned to watch the members, still standing in the doorway, looking disgruntled and disappointed, as the car whizzed by.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Filming had never been such a chore for Myungsoo. Every smile he had to force, every line he had to deliver from his script, Myungsoo thought of the amusement park, and s having fun. Would Sungyeol scream on the rollercoasters? Whoop in delight? Myungsoo knew his voice was still a little strange from the stomach acid he'd puked up late last night. Would they go all out and buy loads of unhealthy junk to eat, like chips, like fluffy pink candyfloss, like achingly sweet ice cream? 

With his mind not fully on the filming, Myungsoo spent more time than initially intended on the filming, and by the time he'd finished, the orange evening had morphed into inky-black night, and there was no way he could join the members at the amusement park anymore. Myungsoo paused for a while outside the dorm, fishing for his keys. He was tired, and hungry, and disappointed at the way the day had turned out. 

No light shone from the gap under the door, but it was only eight o'clock. Too early for the members to be in bed yet. Maybe they were still out, having fun at a restaurant for dinner. Myungsoo wondered if their disguise had fallen through at all the entire day, wondered if they'd been able to enjoy the park like normal people could--like how they'd always planned to before they debuted, but simply never actually gotten around to doing. 

Myungsoo stepped into the gloomy house, and rubbed a hand over his face wearily. And then he sniffed the air. Something was off. There was a faint smell...of something burning?! Myungsoo dropped his bag and rushed to the kitchen, where the lights were . 

And bumped right into Dongwoo standing in the doorway.  

"Wha...?" Myungsoo peered in and motioned to all the members bustling about the kitchen. On the counter, shoved to one corner, was a plate of a burnt black substance. Must have been what the strange smell was. Myungsoo almost thought the dorm was on fire or something. 

Sungjong came bounding back in, hand clutching a plastic bag from the mart just down the road. He turned the corner, hurtled past Myungsoo into the kitchen, then turned and beamed at the confused boy. 

"Oh, welcome back!" And then he ed the bag at Sunggyu for inspection. Apparently it gained approval as Sunggyu nodded and stuck it in the fridge. 

"Wha..?" Myungsoo repeated his incomplete question. "Aren't you guys supposed to be at the amusement park? What are you doing back here?"

Myungsoo looked at the different batches of burnt substances and realised that they'd been at this for quite some time. They must have gone shopping too--there was no way their fridge could have provided the amount of food the members had prepared (and destroyed too).

"Didn't you guys go out at all?" Myungsoo looked from one busy face to another. 

"Nah." Hoya slapped his shoulder playfully. "Wouldn't be the same without you. Besides, you weren't going, and Sungyeol would be loathe to leave as well, and that would make us short of two."

Woohyun waved a hand at the table, where the rest of the friends were loading it up with the completed (unruined) dishes. "This was Sungyeol's idea."

"Sungyeol's?" Myungsoo turned to stare at the boy.

"Shhht! Hyung, you didn't have to announc--" Sungyeol's words were squeezed out of him by Myungsoo's arms circling about him, pulling him into a bone-crushing hug. And then Myungsoo spun Sungyeol around and leaned in for a kiss to convey the warm passion rising up within him...

"Wait!" Sungjong screeched, "I'll go get the camera! Hang on!"

Myungsoo and Sungyeol froze, then turned back to their friends. They'd forgotten about their audience in that split second. They'd also forgotten how Infinite were the biggest fanboys of Myungyeol out there. 

Well. 

This was awkward...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The dinner of kimchee fried rice with various side dishes proved to be one of the best Myungsoo'd ever had. And to top it off, Sungjong had rushed off to the mart to get some ice cream for dessert. 

Sunggyu opened the lid of the tub and they all peered in. The colour was a little...strange. 

"Uhm. Why is it violently pink?" Woohyun poked the stuff doubtfully with his spoon. 

"Candyfloss flavour." Myungsoo read off the label. 

Perfect. This was perfect. He didn't even have to go to the amusement park anymore. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment, subscribe and upvote if you like this story! And much thanks to all you 185 subbies!! <333