Chapter 6: Sungjong to the rescue

After Happy-ever-after

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates!! And sorry too, if this chappie isn't as long as it should be... Anywho, here's another (hopefully) funny, lighthearted chapter for you guys! And if you're curious as to why I suddenly disappeared from AFF land, there's a longer A/N below! xD

BHjrT-sCUAAxxJY.jpg:large

 

 

The guy was...ing fondling Sungyeol's .

Myungsoo snapped. 

Charging forward, Myungsoo gave a flying leap and knocked the guy off Sungyeol. They tangled with each other on the ground, rolling over and over, each trying to gain the upper hand. All the fan wanted to do was get at Sungyeol's phone (the boy hurriedly stuffed it back into his pocket). All myungsoo wanted to do was to kill  bring justice to the world. 

The two males grappled with each other, grunting with effort. Myungsoo's hand slipped in its grasp of the fan's shoulder, and the fan took hold of the momentary laspe in resistance to flip them over, slamming Myungsoo to the ground. 

The removal of weight from Sungyeol's back madde him cough in surprise, then draw in gulps of much-needed air into his lungs, bruised ribcage protesting a little. Sungyeol turned his mind (or what little of it left away) from the pain. He sat up to watch the scuffle. Sungyeol's fist clenched, then unclenched. Myungsoo was being overpowered little by little, his hand resisting the fan's fist was quaking, putting the boy in danger of having his face smashed in by the fan's punch. 

"Myungsoo..." Sungyeol whispered, trying to get up to help. 

The fan's head whipped around at him as he remembered the phone. 

Myungsoo kneed the fan in a sensitive area, making the (obvious) male give a little scream, and fall to the ground in agony, clutching his family jewels. Myungsoo took the opportunity to climb atop him. A vein popped in his neck as he raised a fist to the sky, then dealt a blow to the fan that he more than deserved for trying to steal Sungyeol away from him and harrassing the poor boy. 

Smack. 

Sungyeol blinked, impressed despite the situation. The last time Sungyeol had seen Myungsoo engagaed in physical combat, it'd been back when Myungsoo and him had fled from the bullies*, three years back. It had ended in Myungsoo clutching his chest in an attack, and being pathetically beaten up. Sungyeol looked at the veins in Myungsoo's neck and arms. He'd never seen Myungsoo this angry before. He could really pack a punch. 

The fan lay still, reeling from the impact. 

"What were you thinking, kidnapping Sungyeol?" Myungsoo growled, fist raised in a threat. 

The fan raised his hands too, in an attempt to block the impending blow. 

"Sungyeol shouldn't be in Infinite," The fan's voice was shrill, pleading, "He gets in the way between you and Sungjong!" 

Myungsoo's hand stilled. 

"Me and Sungjong?" He didn't quite understand. 

"MYUNGJONG! MYUNGJONG! You mean to say you haven't heard of the cutest couple in the universe?" The fan was nearly in hysterics now. 

"I do love Sungjong," Myungsoo spoke slowly.

"Of course you do!" The fan was breathing hard, was about to start emitting rainbows. He shot a smug look at Sungyeol.

"I love him as  a brother." Myungsoo concluded. "I love Sungyeol."

The fan's face fell. He looked about to cry. 

"You love him as a brother too?" He held onto hope. 

"That's enough Myung." Sungyeol scrambled to stop their little secret from being exposed. He thought of newspaper headlines screaming accusations, thought of their managers. He didn't want them to be caught in a scandal. They'd never get privacy together anymore. 

"I just want him to be happy. Have you seen how much he smiles when he's with you? Have you seen the gifs?" The fan was teary eyed. 

"Who? Me?" Sungyeol was too busy worrying to pay much attention to the fan. 

"Not you, you blithering idiot." The fan spat (Myungsoo's fist went up again and the fan wiped his own face clean of the death glare). "Sungjong!"

"Oh." Sungyeol nodded to himself. "Right."

Sunlight flooded the room once more as the door flew open again. This time, there were five silhouettes in the doorway. The three people in the gloom squinted into the brightness. 

"Sungyeol!" Sunggyu clambered off his bike, Woohyun springing off behind him. Hoya and Dongwoo tumbled off their shared bike. The fan didn't pay them the least attention though. His eyes were on Sunggyu's bike basket. 

There was Sungjong, thrashing about , bum squeezed into the small space, legs kicking unglamorously to get himself free. The way the fan's eyes went all moony would have made anyone expect a wonderful sight though. Sungyeol crept closer to the guy and followed his gaze just to make sure it was really Sungjong the guy was staring at. Sungyeol scratched the back of his head and crawled away towards Infinite when the guy hissed at him. 

"Sungyeol!" Infinite (except Sungjong, still trying his best to excape the clutches of the bike basket) rushed over to him. Sunggyu's eyes gave him a once over, checking for any signs of damage, Woohyun trying to smooth his tousled hair. Hoya and Dongwoo went to work on the ropes binding his hands. 

"Oh Jongie!" Sungyeol stood up and wobbled outside to help the maknae. He could feel one pair of eyes follow him. 

 "You okay?" Sungyeol asked Sungjong, grabbing hold of his outstretched hands, and pulling him out of the basket. Sungjong grabbed hold of his hands to hold them even after he was safely on his feet. 

"I should be asking you that." Sungjong flipped the fringe out of his eyes and grinning at Sungyeol. 

"I'm fine!" Sungyeol held out his arms as proof, the imprints of the rope were still red and visible on his skin, but all in all, the damage was minimal. Sungjong traced the red marks. 

Behind them, a shutter clicked. Everyone turned around. 

"I can see it!" The fan had the mad glint back in his eyes. "Myungjong isn't a couple!"

Myungyeol sighed in unison. "Thank goodness!" Myungsoo rubbed his sore knuckles.  

"Yeoljong! Sungyeol and Sungjong look perfect together!" The fan smiled at the photo he'd just taken. 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo groaned. Sungjong turned around to look at the fan for the first time, and flicked the hair out of his eyes iimpatiently once more. 

"Look here sasaeng," Sunjong placed a fist on his hip and tried his best to explain, "I know Sungyeol might be your favourite member, and you'd ship him witrh anyone--"

The fan cut in, desperate to correct Sungjong's misconception, "I'm your fan!" He tried to get up and rush to Sungjong's side, but the members blocked his way, wary of the crazed glint in his eyes. Behind them, something seemed to click in Sungjong's head. 

"You're my fan, right?" Sunjong smiled sweetly at the guy. The fan nodded so vigorously that his head looked about to fall off. "If I give you a contact, would you drive us back to the photoshoot? We're not done with it yet, and we're running on a tight schedule."

The rest of the members stared at the fan, mouths agape. The maknae had gone nuts. 

"Yes! Yes!" The fan pushed past the members, and climbed into his car, revving the engine. Sunggyu winced. 

"What are you doing?!" He shook Sungjong by the shoulders. 

Sungjong just smirked. "Trust me."

The ride back was silent and didn't take more than fourty-five minutes. When the van screeched to a stop outside the renovated warehouse, the boys tumbled out, eager to continue working. Sungjong lingered behind for a minute, keeping his side of the deal. 

"You're gonna get harrassed!" Dongwoo looked worried. 

"I said I'd give him a contact, but I didn't say whose number it was." Sungjong hurried inside, followed closely by the rest of infinite. They paused for a while outside the room they had their photoshoot, gathering courage to go back in. Sunggyu took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Everyone in the room whipped around to look at them. There were some noises of outrage, and some of relief too. 

"Where have you been?!" The director thundered. 

"We--" Sunggyu tried to come up with a feasible explaination. It was an unspoken agreement that they wouldn't tell about the fan. Their company would freak out and increase security or something and they'd never get the privacy they needed moving from one location to the next. 

The coordi noonas looked positively livid at the rumpled clothes, and messy hair sticking up in all directions. Even Sunjong looked nowhere near as immaculately groomed as he normally did. 

The director swept his gaze over them and they cringed, waiting for more reprimanding. 

"You look..." The boys waited. "Absolutely great!" The director rubbed his hands together, obviously pleased with what he was seeing. "The rough look is manly, and y, and I love the concept."

Infinite blinked. The coordi noonas blinked. 

In the corner, their manager's phone buzzed, and he went out to take the call, satisfied that all was well. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hello?" The manager frowned. This was a call from an unknown number, and it might be a director calling about having one of the boys on a show, and he'd used his 'business voice' to create an impression of professionalism. 

"Well hello sweetheart!" There was a male on the other line, and he sounded positively excited. "Your voice sounds so different on the phone... It's y." There was a nervous giggle. 

The manager's frown deepened. Who the hell was this.

"Uh, hello?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!! Thanks once again for continuing to support this story even if I haven't been updating in almost three weeks! I didn't exactly wanna burden you with a glomy A/N at the start because this chappie is supposed to be another lighthearted one, but I also felt obliged to give you guys excuses  reasons for my absense. First off, you guys know I had exams and all (I have to take higher chinese O levels this coming wedneday, and I wish any readers who have to take the same exam the best of luck! I also have another two exams on Boxing Day.. I wish Singapore wasn't a secular society sometimes haha), and then I was diagnosed with depression (No, really.) and I didn't have the heart to do anything at all, and then I had some issues with a guy that I really don't wanna go out with... Speaking of which, does anyone have an idea on how to refuse a guy without smashing his heart in? Urgh. 

Okay okay.. On a brighter note, I will be updating my other stories too, so if you're subscribed to more than one of my fics (here's a cookie for you), you can look forward to more updates! Love you guys!

 

Hopefulagain