Chapter 4: Sungyeol's fan

After Happy-ever-after

Hey guys! I'm going to be away for a while to study for exams, but I'll try to update if I find the time... These exams are really crucial, and determine whether I get into the school of my dreams or not, and I hope you guys understand! Comment, subscribe and vote up if you likey this update! <33

tumblr_mr5x4cenKb1qibiyao1_500.gif

Cute. Just cute.

 

"Hurry up kids!" Sunggyu nagged for the millionth time. Everyone groaned, and Sungyeol rubbed his eyes and brushed his hair out of his eyes. They were running late for their next photoshoot, and everyone was feeling stressed.

"Coming!" Sungyeol yelled to the rest of his group waiting for him at the door, hurriedly changing out of his pyjamas, then stumbling together with the rest of Infinite into the car, setting off as fast as it was legal to their shoot destination. Sungyeol tilted his face, trying to remember his best angle. If he couldn't be the best at singing, or the best at dancing, the least he could do was to make sure he looked his best for his fans.

Today was a new day, and Sungyeol was determined to be positive. He'd moped about for two days in a row, and that was enough. Life was too short for doom and gloom.

Reaching the shooting site, a renovated warehouse located in the outskirts of town, the members tumbled haphazardly out of their van, having slept most of the way there.

Sungyeol was about to head inside, when someone in black swooped in and grabbed his arm. Sungyeol blinked. The rest of s were up ahead, and Myungsoo was with them. Who was this?

Sungyeol turned around, expecting to see a familiar face--their manager, or the production director or someone along those lines, but the guy holding onto his arm was someone he'd never seen before. One word to decscribe him was average--he was of average height, had an average haircut, wore nondescript, dark clothes. If Sungyeol had passed him on the streets, he'd probably not remember the guy.

"Yes?" Sungyeol spoke after regarding the guy curiously, "What do you want?"

The male holding onto his arm let go. Up ahead, Myungsoo gave an akward cough, signalling to Sungyeol to hurry up: they were late afterall. The guy held out a paper cup of steaming coffee, and pushed it into Sungyeol's hands.

"H-Here..." The guy motioned at the coffee nervously, "I'm y-your biggest f-fan... And I heard you like coffee... So..." The guy trailed off, and Sungyeol's heart soared. A fan! Even after three years of debut, Sungyeol couldn't get his head around the fact that he had a fanbase. The notion made him want to strive even harder in variety shows, to bring laughter to their lives, try his best on stage, to make them smile.

"Thank you!" Sungyeol's voice squeaked a little, and he tried his best to control it, to preserve his idol image infront of his fan. Myungsoo had come back, and was staring at the guy too, an unreadable expression on his face. The guy froze at the sight of Myungsoo, fingers tightening around the cup in the midst of being passed to Sungyeol's waiting hand. It was as if he was afraid of Myungsoo or something.

Sungyeol looked to Myungsoo, then back at his fan. Then down at their hands that both held the coffee cup.

Myungsoo was looking at their hands too, and from the small twitch of the corner of his mouth, Sungyeol could tell he didn't like it. Sungyeol wrapped his other hand around the coffee cup, trying to reassure the fan that he had a firm grip on it, that he wouldn't drop it, that the fan could let go safely.

The guy glanced down at the cup, at their hands, and removed his fingers after a few drawn out moments. He looked up at Sungyeol, flashing a sudden smile.

"Well," He backed away slowly, grin still in its place, "I'll see you around! Fighting!"

"Mmm!" Sungyeol waved as he was dragged inside by an unnervingly silent Myungsoo.

Myungsoo shut the door, and walked down the corridor towards the room where the rest of the members were just starting to get their makeup and hair done.

"Did you see that?" Sungyeol's smile was unstoppable, and Myungsoo's heartrate increased unknowingly. "That was a fan. My fan. Isn't that awesome? It wasn't even an event, and he woke up to pass me this!" Sungyeol brandished the coffee cup.

Myungsoo turned to look towards the door that they'd come from, eyes narrowed.

"There was something off about him..." Myungsoo's voice was low.

"Naw," Sungyeol grinned and slapped Myungsoo's back merrily, "You're just jealous, admit it!"

Myungsoo made an unconvinced noise at the back of his throat. He didn't like the way the guy's smile had faltered every time Sungyeol turned away from him. He didn't like the way the guy froze when Myungsoo had approached them, as if he was scared of soemthing. It wasn't normal fan behaviour.

Even if the guy didn't like him as much as he did Sungyeol, it was strange the way he'd looked so...guilty. Myugnsoo glanced at the cup of coffee that was starting to go cold.

"You don't have to drink it," Myungsoo held his hand out for the cup, "I'll personally make you a better cup."

That made Sungyeol's eyebrows twitch together.

"Look, I don't know why you don't like him, but he's my fan, and it's only right to drink the coffee he got up to make for me! It'd be terrible to just throw it away like that."

"But--" Myungsoo's hand reaching out for the coffee cup didn't fall back down.

"Seriously." Myungsoo could see a vein starting to pop up along Sungyeol's neck. "Maybe you have so many fans that wasting one fan gift doesn't matter to you, but I don't have such a huge fanbase as you, and each fan is so hard to come by." Sungyeol's lip curled upwards. "You wouldn't understand."

Myungsoo blinked. He hadn't expected Sungyeol to get this worked up over a cup of coffee. Perhaps it was stress, combined with lack of sleep, that made him this crabby. Myungsoo didn't want to argue with Sungyeol.

Sensing Myungsoo's resignation, Sungyeol tilted the cup and downed the now-cold beverage in a huge gulp, and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. Satisfied now, Sungyeol gave Myungsoo a sheepish smile.

"Sorry about blowing up... I didn't really mean to--"

Myungsoo waved a hand in the air, glad Sungyeol's spirits had (somewhat) been restored. Maybe he was just being paraniod. Maybe the fan was simply a shy guy with good intentions. Yes, that was probably it. Shrugging off his suspicions as best as he could, Myungsoo trailed behind Sungyeol into the room to get dressed up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Tilt your head a little higher..." Sungyeol complied, trying his best to work with the photographer to produce pictures drool-worthy for his fans. Seeing the guy that morning had refuelled his determination.

"Higher... Higher..." The photographer murmured behind the device, looking through the lense. Sungyeol did as he was told.

"Great! Now look into the distance..." More instructions.

Sungyeol raised his eyes, and turned to his right, where Myungsoo stood waiting for his turn to be photographed. When the boy felt Sungyeol's eyes on him, he pulled a funny face just for the hell of it (Myungsoo had nothing to do but wait, and he was bored), and the shutter clicked as the beginning of a smile graced Sungyeol's face, pulling the corners of his lips upwards, and squeezing the corners of his eyes into happy crescents.

"Wonderful!" The photographer looked down at the small LED screen of his camera, of the photo he'd just captured. "This looks great, Sungyeol... You must be a natural!" He gushed, not looking up to see Sungyeol's face creased in laughter at Myungsoo, smoothing out his clothes and trying to look nonchalent after being caught pulling a particularly weird face at Sungyeol by one of the staff members, who simply stared at Myungsoo as if he'd grown another head or something.

All of a sudden, Sungyeol's head started swimming, and he stumbled off the set. He clutched at his stomach, where a burning pain was starting to eat at him from inside.

"Wha...?" Sungyeol crouched down on the floor, folding into himself, trying to find a position that minimised the pain.

"You okay?" A light touch on his shoulder.

Myungsoo. Sungyeol didn't even have to look up. Sungyeol didn't want to move. More legs surrounded him as the rest of s crowded up, petting him, trying to find out what was wrong.

"Hey," Myungsoo's fingers tugged under Sungyeol's chin, bringing his face up. Myungsoo's expression changed at the sight of Sungyeol's face. Sungyeol wondered if he looked as bad as he felt. Probably. "What's wrong?"

"Don't... Feel... Well..." Sungyeol croaked out, trying to wipe away the sweat that was gathering on his forehead. Myungsoo's hands were more efficient in the job as he tried to help. Faintly, as if he was shouting over a great distance, Sungyeol heard the photographer call Myungsoo's name. It was his turn to take the photographs. The coordi noonas rushed up to get the members changed into their next outfits.

"I'll be fine." Sungyeol tried to sound okay. He knew the members were busy. He'd take care of himself. "Go ahead." He raised his head a little to flash a rueful smile at the coordi noona that held up his new change of clothes for him. "I'm going outside for some fresh air, I'll be back in a few minutes, I promise..."

He lurched out.

Yes. Cool fresh air would do him good after being cooped up in the room with hot, bright white lights trained on him, with bulbs flashing in the camera. He'd feel better soon.

Sungyeol almost tripped over someone sitting on the steps outside the door.

"You're still here?" Sungyeol squinted at the fan as he crouched over the drain. If he did decide to throw up, he didn't want to make too much of a mess. Sungyeol bunched the fabric  of his shirt in his fist, trying to battle the pain idol-style, his free hand trying to mop up the sweat that had started to gather once again, coating his face with an unhealthy sheen.

"You don't look so good." His fan stood up to crouch beside him.

Sungyeol made an apologetic noise.

"Yeah..." Sungyeol whispered.

"Nauseous?" The fan asked, head tilted.

"Yeah." Sungyeol wished the guy would stop asking questions. If he puked halfway through an answer, it would embarass him no end, and probably gross the guy out too.

"Come with me to my car! I've got some car-sickness pills there. Maybe they'll make you feel better!" The fan grabbed hold of his wrist and dragged him to his feet. Sungyeol made a gurgled protest--his stomach was killing him. He didn't want to move.

One hand over his stomach, almost bent double with agony, Sungyeol let himself be dragged by the fan. The car-sickness pills might not work, but it was worth a try. Sungyeol knew he didn't have much time to spare being nauseas--he had the rest of the shoot to get done, and he didn't want to delay. Plus, he'd do anything to get rid of the excruciating pain tearing him up inside.

Sungyeol's only thought when he reached the fan's "car" was that it wasn't a car at all--it was a huge black van.

Because he didn't get much time to think after that: a damp cloth was pushed against his face, and even as he strugged to get away, Sungyeol could feel himself getting weaker.

His world went black.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed this update, and don't mind the cliffhanger! Comment, subscribe and vote up?:)