Chapter 1: Distractions

After Happy-ever-after

Hey guys! My computer decided to stop connecting to the internet (either that or the wifi decided to stop working...>< I'm not very tech-savvy), so I coudn't udate. Haha, I wrote all of this on the library computer, and I'm not really used to the keyboard, so if you find any typos, I'm really sorry! I apologise too, that this is so late ><

I read this chapter through before I updated it, and I felt it was really boring, so I'm sorry if I've let you down in any way><. I'm probably going to update the second chapter (which will be hopefully more exciting and eventful) here today too, because I can't at home :(...

(P.S. I love you guys for commenting and subscribing even before I updated the first chappie!!!!!!!!!!! *here's a hug for all of you*)

tumblr_mr1bayqjnh1qanlnzo1_500.gif

 

Myungsoo closed the door as softly as he could behind him. All the six other members should be sound asleep this late into the night, and Myungsoo didn't want to rob them of their time to get some shut-eye. They needed it--all of them did. Being an idol was a fun, but tiring job.

His schedule had ended particularly late that night--it was past two in the morning right now--and Myungsoo felt drained. He'd have to wake up early tomorrow too, for a whole new day of schedules. Myungsoo groaned softly to himself, and tumbled into bed, not bothering to change, or wash up, or pull the covers over himself.

He stared at the dark ceiling for a while. It was nice that he was in demand and all to be on screen, and he enjoyed his popularity to be quite honest--but sometimes, it was lonely falling asleep by himself. Myungsoo sighed, and his side.

The mattress sank down behind him, and hands more familiar than his own dragged another duvet over him, tucked him in nice and snug. The corners of Myungsoo's mouth twitched upwards, even as his eyelids slid lower and lower, and sleep made his mind all fuzzy.

"You waited for me?" Myungsoo's voice was muffled with sleepiness. An arm was thrown over him, and the warm body behind him pressed up close and made Myungsoo felt so content, so cozy. He lifted his hand to trace lazy circles on the hand that rested on his side.

"No," Sungyeol's breath ghosted over Myungsoo's neck as he tried stifling the third yawn since he'd laid down next to Myungsoo, "I felt too wide awake to go to sleep."

Both fell asleep smiling.

"Guys! Wake up!" Sunggyu's voice was faint through the door the next morning, and when he opened it, the sudden increase in noise level made Sungyeol and Myungsoo groan, and try to throw the covers over their heads, bury themselves away from the sourse of the noise.

"Come on, sleepyhea--" Sunggyu's eyes fell upon the not one, but two lumps on the bed, and came to a hasty conclusion. 

"Yah! I'll give you fifteen minutes to clean up and throw some clothes on..." He stumbled out of their room awkwardly, muttering to himself about how impressively quiet they'd been last night.

Sungyeol's head emerged suddenly from the edge of the quilt, inhaling as much air as he could--it had been stuffy with both of them under the covers. He stared at the closed door.

"Wait." Sudden realisation struck him. "Sunggyu thinks that we--" Sungyeol motioned betweem him and Myungsoo, who was just starting to sit up, and then pointing to both their crotches.

"Mmmargh." Myungsoo ran a hand over his face, smoothed his hair down.

Sungyeol laughed. He liked seeing Myungsoo first thing in the morning--the guy looked so messy, so defenseless that Sungyeol felt special to see him like that. Other people only got to see Myungsoo as 'L', the perfect character the guy played out on stage or on shows.

Sungyeol patted Myungsoo's bum through the covers.

"Come on, let's get up. If we're late, Sunggyu will murder us...."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Myungsoo hummed to himself as he chewed on the end of his pencil. He'd just decided to call their story "For A Happy Ending". It wasn't done yet, but he was more than halfway through now. If he could put in a few sleepless nights' writing, it would be finished in no time. Myungsoo counted the days left to Sungyeol's birthday.

About two weeks.

He'd finish the present in time. He glanced over to where Sungyeol was having his photos taken at their photoshoot. Sungyeol had his head tilted up slightly, and his hair was perfectly messy, and his eyes threatened to burn holes into the camera lense, and Myungsoo thought he couldn't look any more beautiful. Myungsoo wished he'd brought his own camera along so he could take his own picture of Sungyeol, from his own angle and point of view. His phone's camera would have to suffice. It was much lower in pixels, and the zoom wasn't as good, but Sungyeol was the subject and that fact alone could make any picture perfect.

Picture taken, Myungsoo turned back to writing in hsi little notebook that he'd taken to writing in everyday.

A shadow loomed over him moments later, cutting off the light from the huge lamps for the photoshoot.

"What are you doing?" Sungyeol tilted his head curiously, trying to read the words on the page Myungsoo hastily tried to cover up in time. Myungsoo snapped the book shut, and stuffed it back into his pocket before any harm could have been done.

"Nothing." Myungsoo winced inwardly at his lame excuse. But he knew better than to lie to Sungyeol--the guy knew him better than he understood himself. He'd know for sure if Myungsoo was lying. Besides, Myungsoo hated lying, and disliked it even more so if he had to lie to his favourite person on earth. And so he just pressed his lips together, turned to face away from the boy, and hoped Sungyeol would be satisfied with his answer.

Sungyeol wasn't, of course. His fingers scrabbled on Myungsoo's shirt as he tried to turn the boy around.

"Come on, let me see..." Sungyeol felt like he was acting less than a third his age, but his curiosity didn't let him care.

"Nope," Myungsoo grinned to himself and swatted Sungyeol's hands away from his pocket. "I'll show you soon enough."

"Now?" Sungyeol's fingers dug into Myungsoo's ribcage slightly, and Myungsoo giggled nervously--he'd always been ticklish there.

"No." Myungsoo tried to hold firm.

"Now?" Sungyeol pressed once more. Myungsoo squirmed.

"No!" He gasped.

Crash. Myungsoo had managed to wriggle out of Sungyeol's grasp, and turned them both around. It had made Sungyeol lose his balance, and totter backwards, grabbing at Myungsoo to keep from falling backwards. Myungsoo had tried to help, reached out his hand to stop Sungyeol from falling, but he got dragged down too instead. He flopped down on Sungyeol's chest, the latter having collasped onto the table Myungsoo had been writing at. It wobbled (it was one of those fragile, foldable kind of tables), but held firm, to the boys' relief.

Sunggyu, who happened to be walking by with Woohyun, heard the crash sound and ran to see what had happened. Upon reaching the source of the sound however, he stopped short, making Woohyun skid and crash into him. Sunggyu took in the sight of Myungsoo hovering over Sungyeol over the table, their noses nearly touching.

"Again, guys? You've already done it once last night!" Sunggyu protested, waving his hands about in the air. He retreated back round the corner, where Sungong was getting his photos taken.

Woohyun made some hooting noises, gave a few mock s in the air, before he was grabbed in a headlock by Sunggyu, and dragged off the scene.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol turned back to each other. Myungsoo watched as Sungyeol's lips quivered. His heart clenched with worry. Had he hurt himself when he'd fallen? Was he upset that Myungsoo wouldn't let him see the writing? A thousand other questions zipped through his head.

Sungyeol threw back his head as best as he could on the table, and laughed.

"Sunggyu has a knack of catching us at the best times." He managed, wiping his eyes.

"Yeah..." Myungsoo's face was tugged up in a smile of relief. He loved it when Sungyeol smiled--it made his face crease up just so, and it always made him feel as if the world was all sunshine and rainbows and fluffy fairytales.

Sungyeol stopped laughing, but the smile still stayed on his face. Myungsoo couldn't resist. Reaching down gently, he wrapped his arms around the boy's torso, bringing him closer, and brought their lips together. It wasn't a deep passionate kiss, complete with desperate panting and lust-filled eyes--it was a quick, chaste one, but Myungsoo hoped it conveyed the warm bubbles rising up within him to Sungyeol. The heated kisses he'd leave for the bedroom (if they weren't too tired out after all their schedules).

They'd kissed much over the three-year period that they'd been together, but the action always made Myungsoo feel all giddy and tingly, as if it were for the first time. He liked that about Sungyeol too--the way everything they did together always felt new and exciting. Sungyeol was amazing to be around.

Myungsoo felt like the luckiest guy in the world.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"And a one... Two... Three... Four..." Their choreographer looked into the mirror at the boys. He smiled. They were following perfectly--they lived up to their fame for synchronised dances.

And then Sungyeol just had to wobble at the hip part, and stumble, and crash into Myungsoo dancing beside him. The choreographer groaned and reached for the remote control to turn the music off as the boys went down like dominoes.

Sungyeol had made the most mistakes that day. It was as if he'd been intimidated by the new y moves or something. And when he finally started getting it right, he'd lost his balance at the hip section, at the end of the dance. The choreographer looked at the clock hanging on the wall. He wanted to stay back to help the boys out with perfecting the choreography (he was their proud teacher after all), but he had to rush off to teach another group yet another choreography he'd come up with.

"I have to go now, but keep practicing, okay?" The choreographer packed up his things, and yelled to the members over his shoulder as he opened the door to the dance studio, "You can do it! Fighting!" And then he ran off, shoulder bag bumping about on his back. The members watched him go despondently.

"Right!" Sunggyu clapped his hands together, being the leader he was in reality, the image of which he could never seem to get across on variety shows. "Let's get back to practicing! From the start!"

The members groaned in exhaustion, but they peeled themselves off the ground nontheless, and shuffled into their assigned spots.

Once he was back beside Myungsoo, Sungyeol sighed. This was the reason why he'd been all distracted, his feet off the ground the whole day. How could anyone manage to complete and perfect a y dance when the most ually attractive person on earth was dancing less than a meter away?

Sungyeol snuck a peek at Myungsoo as all seven members danced, in perfect sync with one another. Sungyeol knew the choero by now--he could risk one little glance. Or so he thought. Every move Myungsoo made just screamed perfect, and Sungyeol smiled, enjoying watching the performance only he seemed to see.

But then came the body waves that their choreographer liked sprinkling abour their dance routines, and Sungyeol watched as Myungsoo's body moved smoothly, the wave ending at his pelvis. Sungyeol missed a move, and messed the rest of the choreography up.

While the rest of the members groaned, and tried to show him the correct steps he'd screwed up just now, Sungyeol glanced back into the mirror again, to see Myungsoo looking right back at him, and in the split second before he turned away, embarrassed, Myungsoo smirked cheekily at him. Sungyeol couldn't help being afraid that he'd die of a heart attack, as he turned back to the members, nodding to show that he'd remembered the moves again.

Sungyeol's eyes stayed off Myungsoo the rest of the time they practiced as a team in the dance studio, but the fact that Sungyeol had been too distracted to learn the minute details of the dace meant that he didn't look perfectly in sync with the rest, and made the formation a little messy.

"Here, it's like this..." Hoya came inbetween Myungsoo and Sungyeol to show Sungyeol the dance. That made it a little easier for Sungyeol to focus. The rest of their dances hadn't been all that y, with chest pumps, body waves and hip s designed to make fans go wild, and Sungyeol could deal, but this was almost too much for him to handle.

Sungyeol mimicked Hoya's actions, and Sunggyu came over to adjust the angle of his arm, guided by a watching Woohyun and Myungsoo. Hoya and Dongwoo went off to refill the team's water bottles. Sungjong came over with a towel to wipe sweat glistening on his forehead. Everyone wanted to help, and Sungyeol apreciated his friends' efforts, but it made him feel even more guilty about making them stay back at the practicing room to help him out, when they could have already been tucked up in bed getting their first good nights' rest in forever.

"I've got it, I've got it," Sungyeol waved his hands in the air, and forced a smile. "You guys go back home. I'll come along a little later."

They opened their mouths to protest, but Sungyeol just waved wearily again. "It's fine," He insisted, pushing them towards the door gently, to help them along. They left, one by one, looking reluctantly over their shoulders. Myungsoo was the hardest to budge, digging his heels as hard as he could into the ground, shaking his head so furiously that sweat droplets caught the light from the few bulbs above, and hung glistening in the air for a split second before they fell to the ground (the sweat droplets, not Myungsoo and Sungyeol).

"It's okay," Sungyeol repeated, and dug his fingers into Myungsoo's ribcage, tickling him. He'd learned something useful at the photoshoot that day.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There! I hope you liked it! Sorry if it's boring >< Comment and subscribe please <3