E.V.I.L Cinderella

Marrying Cinderella

Yerin is on her way here. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I have never been this nervous ever in my life when meeting a girl. I’m always cool and confident, but with Yerin, I seem to lose every strand of confidence in my body.

I sat nervously in the living room, waiting for Yerin. I’d turn on and turn off the TV in nervousness. I’d constantly look at my phone to look at the time. I’d look at every corners of our house to see if anything is not in its order. It’s funny how I get too used to calling this apartment “our home”. Well, technically, it will be our home until…until…only time knows when.

In total nervousness, I went to the kitchen and took a bottle of water from the refrigerator. I drank half the contents of the 500 ml bottle. Discontented, I drank the whole lot.

“Yah, Kim Heechul,” I talk to myself. “What are you nervous about? It’s only a girl. It’s not like you haven’t dated before. What’s so special with this girl that you act like this, like a fool? What!” I yelled in frustration.

What is special with Yerin? Is it her bright eyes? Is it her beautiful lips? Is it her glowing hair? Is it her hot body? Oh my God! Thinking about her makes me more nervous!

DING DONG.

I was shocked at the sound of the doorbell. I ran to the intercom to see who it was. Without a doubt, it’s the girl I’m waiting for.

I took a deep breath at every step to the door. One last deep breath and I opened the door…with a blank face.

Kim Heechul, act natural. Act like you always do with girls. Think that she’s not important at all. OF COURSE SHE’S IMPORTANT! Well then, pretend! You’re an actor, use it!

“Oh…come in,” I told her.

“Hello,” she said and entered in apartment.

Once at the living room, she can’t stop looking here and there, inspecting every inch of the squeaky clean apartment.

“This is…nice,” she said, still looking around.

“I know. I cleaned a bit but…” I sighed, “Who cares…”

 She looked at me. “What was the problem?” she asked.

“What problem?” I returned the question.

“You told me to come here, didn’t you?” she said, confused.

“Oh that…” I said, trying to look for words. Then I said, “Well, I want you to see the house. As I told you, I cleaned it…”

“…right…Well then I should go. I still have lesson plans to finish…”

“Wait a sec,” I said, glaring at her, “aren’t you going to cook for me? As I said, I CLEANED the house.”

“As I said, I CLEANED the house,” he said while glaring at me, piercing glares when through my bones and made me shiver.

“But I really need to go,” I said in caution.

He pouted evilly, and then smirked. “Can’t you see that this place is spotless? Can you see even a single dust in here?”

I shook my head.

“Well then COOK!”

I was shocked from his loud voice. It rang in my ear, not only because he shouted to close to my face but also at the fact that I was scared to death. I seriously don’t want to marry this guy!

But then, my feet automatically took me to the kitchen. My hands reached for the refrigerator, and my eyes looked for anything that I can cook. Though trembling, I want to do my best. I never thought that funny, sarcastic Kim Heechul on TV can be this scary, this devilish.

 

“Here you go,” I said after I prepared the dishes on the table.

Heechul stood up from the couch and made his way to the dining table. He inspected my cooking: a bowl-full of bibimbap and a simple soup.

“You call this dinner?” he said, looking disgusted.

WHAT DID HE JUST SAID? I spent an hour making those foods in front of him. Don’t you dare trash talk to MY food!

“Are you sure this is edible?” he said, poking the top of the bibimbap with a chopstick. Then, he stirred the soup back and forth. “What is this soup anyway…”

“It’s a…” I started to say but…

“Fine. I’ll eat it later. You can leave now.”

That’s it? No thank you? No nothing! He’s such a jerk! I will not marry this man! Over my dead body!

 

Once Yerin had left, I sat in front of the dining table and stared at the food she prepared. Slowly but without hesitation, I took a spoonful of Yerin’s bibimbap. Every ingredient compliments each other. It’s like my tongue is yelling “This is the best bibimbap ever!”

I was a fool for treating Yerin like that. Why did I do that anyway? Geez, I’m such a jerk! I should apologize.

I took my phone and composed a message.

Yerin-sshi, I’m sorry for treating you like that. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. Again, I’m sorry.

SENT.

 

“…I’m sorry…” I read Heechul’s message. “I don’t care!” I yelled at my phone.

Seriously! After treating me like a servant, you’ll TEXT me and say sorry. You really are out of you mind!

“You, Kim Heechul is such a jerk!” I yelled at my phone. I slammed my phone down and stared at nothing in particular, venting and panting out my irritation. “You should go to hell. EVIL PERSON!” I yelled again.

I completely forgot about my lesson plan for the next two hours. I took the left over ice cream from the fridge and ate it until my temper cooled down. “KIM HEECHUL, YOU JERK!” I’d yell in between spoonful. “I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!”

Then, my phone rang. My mom was calling.

“Mom…”

“Where are you?” she asked.

“Home…” I said.

“Oh, are you and Heechul doing fine?” she asked. “Is he treating you well?”

I want to tell my mother that “KIM HEECHUL IS A BIG JERK THAT DESERVES A GOOD BEATING!” but I can’t. She’ll scold me to death when I did.

“I’m not at Shin Towers, I haven’t moved yet,” I said.

“And why not? Yerin, we have an agreement…”

“Mom,” I cut her off, “I didn’t forget. I’ll move there soon, don’t worry,” I explained.

“Well, you better. Move there as soon as possible. We don’t want to lose face in front of Heechul’s parents,” she said, matter-of-factly.

“Mom, I haven’t forgotten, so will you please relax,” I said.

“Move there tomorrow,” she ordered.

“Mom, moving is not easy. I can’t just decide in just a blink of an eye. I need to prepare first before moving,” I said.

“Then move within this week. I don’t care how, just do it!”My authoritarian mother shouted over the phone, then cut the call.

I placed my phone down the living room table. I look around the peach painted wall of my two-bedroom apartment’s living room. I pouted and hug the table, with all sort of my office stuff on top of it.

“I don’t want to move!” I cried.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear readers,

Thank you for supporting this story. I've only just started the story but you guys are giving so much love. Please do comment because you comments are my energy pills. Hahaha! And I hope you are enjoying every chapter. Thanks for reading.

~Crina