Drools, Tickles and Dates

Marrying Cinderella

I slowly opened my eyes. I’m not dreaming, am I?

Yerin’s still in my arms. This can’t be real. But no matter how I tell my brain that this is not real, that Yerin was wrapped around my arms while I was asleep, it already happened. I think I need to rattle my brain again…or better yet, let things flow and just cherish this sensation of having the girl of my dreams and my future stay in my arms.

I moved my shoulder slightly.

“Heechul,” she whispered, “are you awake?”

I coughed. “Yes, just now.”

“Good. Can you release me now? My arms are numb.”

I immediately released her from my embrace. She sat up on the couch and massaged her right arm. Stretching her arms this time, she said, “I thought you’re not going to wake up.”

“How long did I sleep?” I asked, looking at the clock that was hanging over the TV.

“Almost an hour,” she said. She continued to massage her arms, then her neck.

“Sorry…about the…your arm.”

She smirked. “Not to mention my neck.”

I sat up. Without a word, my hand was on her neck, gently giving her a massage. I felt her jump in surprise, but eventually she just let me massage her neck and shoulder.

“Why didn’t you just got up if you were uncomfortable?” I asked her.

She was silent. No reply. I tried to peek at her expression, when…

“In exchange for the couple ring, I tried to stay. But it got uncomfortable.”

Tsk. “Come on, Yerin. I don’t want anything in exchange for the ring. To be honest, I felt great when I hugged you…”

Slowly, her head turned and she looked straight to my eyes. Her lips are in an annoyed pout. “And…”

“…and swear to God I really don’t want to let go.”

“See! That’s another problem. I tried to escape from your hug, but whenever I move, you latch to me even tighter.”

With the most innocent face I can make with my adorable looks, I looked at her and begged for forgiveness.

“Your aegyo won’t work, you know.”

“Darn…”

So, I kept my silence and continued massaging her neck. For a good five minutes, she let me massage her neck. SHEESH! Darn abstinence! It’s no use. I really, really, really want to kiss her neck. I don’t care if she’ll cut my throat, cut my hair, stab me to death or what not, I DON’T CARE!

Why can’t she just fall for me fast? Why can’t she just fall for me? Stupid one sided love! I look like an idiot, but I’m letting myself be one. Love…extremely make one person into an idiot. Worse thing about that is… I LOVE BEING AN IDIOT!

“You can stop now,” Yerin said, talking about the massage. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” I said with a smile.

Then, she looked at me.

I looked back and asked, “What do you want?”

Her eyes are like asking “WHAT-THE-HELL-DO-YOU-REALLY-WANT?” or “KIM-HEE-CHUL-YOU-!” Either way, her stares indicates…I’m in trouble.

A smirk formed in …followed by the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. Then she laughed.

Dear Shisus! What’s going on? She’s crazy!

“HAHAHAHA!” she laughed.

I grabbed her by the shoulder and shook her crazily as she continued her reign of terror; I mean her crazy-laughing.

“Yerin! What sort of bad spirit did you morphed into?” I worriedly asked. But she continued to laugh. What the hell?!

“SHIN YERIN!” I finally yelled. “Yah… what’s gotten into you?”

She stopped laughing. Staring at me again, I can help but to feel shivers. Honestly what’s going on?

“Heechul-sshi, I’m sorry for saying this but… you look absolutely ridiculous with that river of drool on your face.”

“Yah, I don’t…” I said, touching my face. Sure enough, there was a line of drool on my right cheek.

Now, Yerin laughed harder, holding her stomach and rolling on the floor. In between laughs, she managed to say, “Gosh, the couch is probably drenched!”

“Yah, stop laughing,” I said, getting annoyed.

But she didn’t. Instead, she looked at me for a split second and laughed again.

Okay, Shin Yerin, you dare laugh at me, huh? Then, feel my wrath!

I wiped my face with the inside of my shirt and jumped to the floor to tickle her. She wriggle her and there, saying “Yah, stop!” but of no use because I continued tickling her.

“You dare laugh at me? You dare laugh at me?” I said sarcastically. “You really dare laugh at me?”

“Fine, I won’t…HAHA, I won’t do it…HAHAHA. YAH! I won’t do it again!” she said between laughs.

I stopped tickling her, and she was left breathing heavily on the floor beside me. I don’t know why, but I felt satisfied. Satisfied that I gave her a taste of her own medicine and at the same time, satisfied that where closer that before. I can open up to her now, joke with her now, laugh and annoy each other now without hesitation.

Not to mention the endless skinship.

As she was catching her breath, I looked at her happily as she lay on the carpet. She stared at the ceiling with a sweet smile on her face. This is the picture of perfection right here.

“Yerin…”

“Ummm?”

“Let’s go on a date…tonight. Where do you want to go? Restaurant, movies…”

With a surprised look on her face, she yelled, “ARE YOU CRAZY?”

“No, I’m serious.”

She got up from the carpet and sat beside me. She looked straight into my eyes and said, “No.”

“Why not?” I asked.

Okay, first of all, I DON’T WANT TO. Second, a date outside means I will be trampled to death by loads of ELFs. Third, paparazzi will probably follow us, take pictures of us, and film us, to let the whole country know that I’m the tramp that “seduced” Kim Heechul. They’ll create lies that aren’t true. Lastly, if the management knows about us, he’s done for! His career will fall to pieces. I can’t let that happen.

“Yerin, I repeat, why can’t we have a date?

“Heechul, can you hear yourself?” I asked.

“I’m pretty sure I’m not deaf.”

“Heechul…”

“What?” he mocked.

“We can’t go. I’ll cook dinner all night, let’s just not go.”

His eyes squinted. Uh-oh, here comes the witty, annoying comeback.

“So you want me on your own, huh?”

I punch him on his left arm. “You are deaf. Look, if we do have a date outside, people will see us.”

“So?” he asked. “Let them see.”

“No. ELFs will kill me, they’ll create lies about me on TV. And if SM Entertainment knew about us…”

“They already know,” he said, looking at the ceiling.

“WHAT! You’re telling me now?” I said, dumbfounded.

“Hey, you didn’t ask, okay.”

“Oh yeah, why didn’t I think of that. Sure, why did I randomly ask you, ‘Hey Heechul, did the company already know about us?’, when you’re the one hiding this relationship to them in the first place.”

“Things changed,” he said, now looking at my surprised face. “Big mouth Leeteuk spilled everything to President Lee. Apparently, he approves about this relationship. I’m surprised as you are.”

“So… you suddenly want to have a date now because the company approves about…us? Is that it?” I asked.

“No. Actually, I wanted to have a date with you ages ago.”

Heechul took my hands and held it tightly to his. “I’m not afraid of ELFs, I’m not afraid of paparazzis.”

WOW! Handsome move, but…

“But…”

“Yerin, please, not but. Let’s just go.”

“Heechul,” I said, still hesitating. “What if…”

“No, no what if-s. I’ll take care of you.”

I stared at him. His eyes are telling me to trust him.

“Where are you taking me then?” I asked.

A smile formed on his lips. “Where the nearest convenience store?”

“Why you little…” I let go of his hand and smack his arm.

“Hey…” he pouted

 

He is not serious, is he?

“Ah, Heechul?” I asked.

“Yes?”

“You’re not serious, are you?”

“What?” he asked.

“We are not going inside there, are we?”

“Sure we are,” he answered.

“But that’s…”

“What’s wrong?”

“That’s a… that’s a…” I mumbled. Sheesh, I can’t say it.

“It’s a mall~, correct.”

Heechul parked the car outside a big shopping mall. Lights are up and loads of people are roaming in, out and around the mall and it’s parking lot.

GULP. This is not real! THIS CANT BE REAL!

“What’s wrong with it?” he asked. “Malls are great. There’s food inside, there’s theater, AND we can go shopping.”

I looked at him in disbelief, but his excited face is all I see.

“I am not getting out of this car.”

Tsk. Come on, you’re not serious, are you? Yerin, come on.

I came out of the car and walked towards her side of the car. I opened the door for her but her seatbelt is still buckled on.

“Come on,” I said, reaching for the seatbelt’s buckle. I unbuckled the belt but she didn’t move.

“I’m not coming in,” she said, being persistent.

“Oh now what, you suddenly have a FEAR of SHOPPING MALLS?” I sarcastically asked.

“NO! That’s crazy. It’s the people inside I’m afraid of. Look, you’re a huge celebrity. You’ll surely attract loads of attention. If that’s the case, again I repeat, I’M GOING TO DIE IN THERE,” she said, her eyes getting wider with every word.

“Come on, stop whining,” I said, pulling her out of the car.

Honestly, this girl is strong. I pulled her with all my might but she didn’t budge.

“Heechul…”

“Come on.”

She looked at me one last time.

“I’ll take care of you,” I assured her.

Finally, she came out of the car. I closed the door and locked the car.

“Wait, before we come in…” I said, “…if this is going to make you feel better, here.”

I took out a pair of sunglasses out of my black coat. One of the glasses is white rimmed and the other one’s red. As Yerin wished, both of us wore casual clothes. She said if I wear anything like the ones I usually wear at work, we’re “done for”. So, dark pants, plain gray shirt and black unfancy coat it is. She sort of matched my outfit. She wore a white coat, gray blouse and dark blue jeans.

She took the white rimmed sunglasses from my hand and put it on. I put on the red rimmed sunglasses as well and the two of us made our way to the mall’s entrance.

She seemed to be really~ nervous. Her walk is stiff, her face is stiff, and her whole body is stiff. Sheesh, Yerin, calm down.

“Come here,” I said, pulling her close to me and locking her arms around me. “Calm down, okay?”

She forced a smile.

 

At last, we made it inside the mall. Loads of people are walking past us as we made our way inside. Not a single person paid attention to us.But, I can feel Yerin’s arm shaking.

“Just act casually. They will not look at us as long as we act naturally. Do you understand?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Where do you want to go?” I asked.

“Home.”

“Yah~.” That’s just unfair. “No, we’ll stay here until we’re not having fun.”

“I don’t know, I’m really not sure about this.”

“Okay, what can make you feel less nervous?” I asked.

She looked at me and smiled. Uh-oh, I love seeing that smile; I hate what it means.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

Author-unnie is tired. Hahaha, need to sleep now. Enjoy the chapter. I'll update again tomorrow.

~Crina