Can't See You 'Cause I'm Pressured

Marrying Cinderella

That night, when Leeteuk told me that Yerin will come and visit me again in the evening, well, she didn’t come. She didn’t come, even on the next day. She didn’t even call; she left me all alone. Well, technically not, because manager-hyung and some of my members would come by and give me food, but it would be great if she would drop by and check if I’m still breathing.

It went on for three more nights, and I haven’t seen Yerin. I would be happy even if I see her shadow, but she didn’t come.

What is her problem? Why didn’t she come? Why didn’t she call? Did I do something wrong?

The forth day came, and I was still alone, hoping wand waiting for her arrival. But the sun is soon to set, but I still haven’t seen her. I tried to call her, but she was not answering my calls. Not even a text message assuring me that she’s okay. I was left predicting what is happening to her.

I can’t help it anymore. I need to go out of this hospital room and see how Yerin is doing.

“Hyung,” I told manager-hyung to get his attention away from his phone. “Can I go home?” I asked.

Manager-hyung was sitting on the chair beside me, checking his phone messages. He looked at me and said, “The doctor said you’re free to go tomorrow. Heechul, I know you knew that. Why are you asking again?”

“I want to go home,” I said, like it was the first time I said that phrase all day, but it was probably that hundredth time.

I was completely bored, sitting all day without anything to look forward to but to go home and see Yerin. I was homesick; I probably am lovesick. I want to see Yerin so badly.

“Heechul, I’ll just go to the cafeteria to buy something. What do you want you eat?” he asked.

“Coffee…”

“Alright. Wait here,” he said. He made his way to the door and outside.

“Yeah, like I’m going anywhere,” I told myself, staring at the needle pricked to my skin.

I was busy being bored; watching the white-painted walls and ceiling when suddenly, my phone rang.

“Hello,” I answered the phone, not looking at the caller ID.

“Heechul-sshi,” said a girl from the other line. I looked at the caller ID to see who it was. “Oh, Yerin-sshi,” I said, energy-drained.

I know I wanted to see Yerin so badly, but why does it have to take three days for her to call me.

“Are you mad?” she asked.

“Why should I be?” I asked, still no excitement in my voice.

“Heechul, come on,” she said, almost begging. “I know you’re mad at me but…”

Now, I’m annoyed. “Why should I be mad?” I said, sounding sarcastic. “You only didn’t visit me for THREE days, didn’t call me for THREE days.”

“I know…”

“THREE days is TOO long…” I said, trying to calm down. “Why didn’t you call?”

“Heechul,” she started. She paused for a while I heard crumpling of paper. “I was busy…”

“Busy with what?” I asked, this time, totally calming down.

“I was just informed that I was appointed for some event in school. It’s a huge task. Heechul, please forgive me. I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

She sounded guilty; guilty for leaving me alone, for not calling, for not looking after me for THREE whole days. But her guilt pierced through me and melted me down. At least she called, right?

“You promise?” I asked. “You’ll take care of me when I get home?

“Of course, I will.” She sounded happy; happy that I’m considering her plea.

I smiled. My angel didn’t forget about me after all.

“When are you going home anyway?” she asked, sounds of crumpling of paper are still heard on the background.

“Tomorrow,” I simply said.

“WHAT! For real?” she exclaimed.

“What’s the matter?” I asked, after getting startled from her shriek.

“I can’t take care of you tomorrow. Oh my gosh...” she said, freaking out.

“Yerin, calm down,” I told her.

“But Heechul, I want to make it up to you…”

“I know…” I said, “But I think you should focus on your work first. Afterall, you ignored me for three days, what more is one more day?”

“Hey, that’s not fair,” she said. She’s probably pouting by now. I smiled.

Manager-hyung came in after a trip to the cafeteria, holding a coffee tray and some snacks. He went back to where he was sitting a while ago and placed the tray on the bedside table.

“Then I think I should stay at the dorm tomorrow, so that you can focus on your work,” I said.

“But…”

“We still have a few more weeks, right?” I asked. "The hundred days, a mean."

“Yes,” she answered without hesitation.

“Then, I’ll torture you by then,” I snickered.

“HEY!” she yelled, but giggled.

“I know you can’t forget me,” I whispered.

“The funny thing is, I tried to but…you’re like glued in my mind.”

JACKPOT! That’s great to hear!

“I tried to set you aside and focus on my work, but…oh my gosh, Kim Heechul, what have you done to me?” she said,

“You’re just smitten by me,” I smiled.

She paused. “Good day, Kim Heechul. See you soon.” And she cut the call.

I placed the phone on my lap, still intoxicated in this good feeling. I know I’m supposed to have got to the boiling point of my temper, but, it’s Yerin; with her, I’m powerless.

 “I think you’re the one smitten by her,” manager-hyung said, smiling at me while handing the cup of coffee to me.

“Sheesh…” I hissed at him. “Stop teasing me, will you?”

“Hey, I’m just saying…”

“Well stop,” I said.

He looked away, getting busy with his phone again while I was left smiling by myself and thinking of my angel.

 

Today is the day of the event; the event that will surely put my name in the line; in the line of embarrassment. It’s an English Speech Competition, and I am the organizer. I was freaking-out; I don’t know what to do! I stood in the middle of the event hall which is completely empty and dull.

“Come on,” I told myself. “This can’t be happening to me.”

“Calm down, will you?” Sunhwa told me, handing me glass of water.

“How can I calm down if everything is ruined?” I said irritation-at-the-highest-level.

In 30 minutes, I have to check the list of contestants, check each contestant’s speech pieces, arrange the event hall, arrange the tables for the judges, and just get everything in tack. GOSH! I’m just freaking mad right now. Why you ask? That’s because everything that I worked for, all my drafts and plans that I planned for this day, just MAGICALLY disappeared.

“Yerin, you’ll get through this,” I told myself, trying to calm down.

But then, tears started to form in my eyes. I…I can’t do this.

“Yerin…where are you going!” Sunhwa called after me, but I didn’t look back

I ran outside of the hall and ran to the back of a building which was completely deserted. I cried. What’s going to happen to me?

I reached for my phone and dialed some number. I was out of focus; I didn’t bother calling anyone in specific.

“Yerin, how are you?” a guys voice said.

I continued to cry.

“What’s going on?” he asked, sounding concerned. “Yerin-sshi, talk to me.”

“I can’t do this… I can’t do this…”

“What? What is it?” he asked.

But I continued to cry.

“Where are you?”

 

I sat on the pavement on the back of the deserted building. Staring on blank space, tears continued to run down my cheeks. Then, after some time, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me up. he wrapped me into a tight hug.

“What happened?” this guy hugging me asked.

That’s odd. I’m hearing Leader’s voice.

“Tell me what happened, Yerin-sshi,” he said, as I continued to cry.

The guy pulled me away, still holding to my arm, and looked at me straight in my eyes. It was indeed Leader. It was Leeteuk.

“I don’t know what to do…I’m freaking out.”

“What about?” he asked, with a concerned look on his face.

Leeteuk was wearing a white cap and casual clothing; a black-collared shirt and white pants. But nevertheless, he still looked as stunning as he looks on TV.

“I’m going to be fired today,” I said, completely jumping into conclusions. “I screwed everything up.” I continued to cry.

“What did you mess up? Tell me.”

“Yerin?” a girl’s voice said; it was Sunhwa. “What are you…doing here?”

Sunhwa was observing Leeteuk closely, her eyes completely wide. Leeteuk back up a few steps away from me and pulled his cap down to cover his face. I wiped the tears from my eyes, which completely erased my make-up.

“Who’s he?” Sunhwa asked, her eyes still on Leeteuk.

“He’s…” I started.

“Are you Heechul?” Sunhwa whispered.

“No, he’s not…” I answered.

“Then, who’s he?” Sunhwa asked.

I looked at Leeteuk, hesitating between telling Sunhwa and lying to Sunhwa.

“This is my friend Sunhwa, the one I went with on your performance. The one who knows about me and Heechul,” I whispered to Leeteuk.

Then, slowly, Leeteuk pulled his cap up and showed his face to Sunhwa. Sunhwa’s eyes got even bigger, not to mention hanging open.

“It’s Leeteuk,” she said. I swear she’s going to scream any minute now, so I ran to her side and held her arm.

“Sunhwa, I know you’re a big fan, but…please control yourself.”

Sunhwa looked at me. “What? You thought I was going to freak out?” Sunhwa said, with a disgusted face. “You thought I was going to run wild and hug him, and kiss him?” she asked.

I nodded.

“Is that obvious?” she whispered.

Sunhwa and I laughed.

Leeteuk cleared his throat, snapping us out from our second of craziness. “Hello,” Leeteuk came forward towards us. He offered a hand and said, “I’m Super Junior’s leader, Leeteuk.”

“Sunhwa,” Sunhwa said, reaching Leeteuk’s hand, lost for words. She was smiling like an idiot, drowning more when Leeteuk smiled his famous smile.

“Gosh, he’s an angel,” Sunhwa giddily whispered to my ear.

“Are we just going to stand here?” Leeteuk asked. “I thought there’s a problem at hand.”

DARN!

“Oh my gosh, I’m screwed,” I exclaimed. “I’m getting fired, aren’t I?”

“No you’re not,” Sunhwa said, matter-of-factly. “I called some of your students and they’re helping out inside the hall. All we need now is you. Yerin, how could you possibly think you can organize this event without help?”

Leeteuk looked at me in surprise. “Alone?” he asked disbelieving. “There’s your problem. Yerin-sshi, that’s why there’s a thing called ‘help’. Come on, where just wasting time standing here.”

Right, I’m an idiot! But please, spare me.

“Alright, let’s blame me later and finish this,” I told Sunhwa. I looked at Leeteuk and said, “I’m sorry for bothering you, Leader, but thank you for your help anyway.”

“You’re welcome,” he said with a smile. “I’m always free for a friend in need, remember that.”

I smiled. “Well, then, you can head home now. I’m really sorry.”

“Hey, you can’t get rid of me just yet,” he said with a smile. “What can I do to help?”

 

Where’s Leeteuk when you need him.

“LEETEUK! Where are you?” I yelled inside the dorm.

Sungmin rushed out of his room with his pink guitar. “Hyung, what’s the matter?” he asked.

“Where’s Leeteuk?” I asked. “Manager-hyung told me to go to the company.”

Sungmin looked confused. “What’s that got to do with Leeteuk-hyung?” he asked.

I pointed at my bandaged head.

“But it thought you’re doing fine,” he said.

Seriously, if he’s not a martial arts expert, I’ll kick his !

“I don’t want to go,” I hissed at him. “Call him and tell him to go. I don’t want to go out with this ‘halo’ in my head.”

“Why don’t you call him?” he asked.

“YAH!” I yelled. Now, my head is pounding in anger.

“Fine…sheesh…”

Sungmin went back to his room and came out after a few minutes back with, “He’s with Yerin-noona. He said he’ll be at the company in fifteen minutes.”

“He’s with Yerin?” I asked, shocked.

“That’s what he said,” the annoying rabbit said and went back to his room.

What’s Leeteuk doing with Yerin at this time of the day?

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

Read well my lovely readers, read well. I hope you like this chapter. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure if you're going to like it or not, but...eh, I don't know.

Comments are welcome, alright!

~Crina